Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reflecting..... 17:23 - Aug 1 with 1834 viewsFrites

If somebody has suggested to me at the beginning of lockdown that the club would still be surviving with apparently no income for the last 6 months, and no real prospect of playing in front of a paying crowd for months to come I would have struggled to believe them.
Yes it is frustrating to see the clubs with rich owners take Camps and Henderson, but frankly they were leaving anyway, and I am pleased that Reg’s record survives intact, a real club man through and through.
We are even making much needed improvements to the drains/pitch and hopefully we have enough money to see us through the stage when the squad come off furlough and before games actually start.
To me every signing will be a bonus, as paramount to me is that our beloved club survives, and the criticism of certain actions of the club to me is excessive- to get us through this will be a major achievement. The Trust I find are excellent- how many other clubs have that level of fan involvement and I genuinely think all those involved are doing their very best to ensure the future survival of the club.
The day I return to Spotland and experience all the things I now realise I so took for granted will be a joyous day. Win lose or draw we are proud to be Rochdale AFC!
Reflecting..... on 19:13 - Aug 1 with 1674 viewsDalenet

Whilst I can't argue with the sentiment I think we all know that without almost £1m of public support we'd probably been gone....along with many others
Reflecting..... on 21:07 - Aug 1 with 1547 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Reflecting..... on 19:13 - Aug 1 by Dalenet

Whilst I can't argue with the sentiment I think we all know that without almost £1m of public support we'd probably been gone....along with many others

The sentiment is spot on, a good positive post and fingers crossed we get back playing in front of crowds soon, personally I don’t think this will happen this year, but we can but hope.

I expect the usual down votes, but please think through the logic and look at the figures before you do, or slag me off for being negative or worse.

The wage budget is irrelevant when it comes to looking at what has happened, although with the season ending things like appearance fees, win bonuses etc won’t be paid, that’s another cost but I won’t include it.

The cost of the season ending is match day revenue, sponsorship, corporate stuff, food sales etc. I won’t include vat or tax as I am trying to keep lost income as high as possible for fairness.

If we said average attendance was 4000 at £25 spend per game (program food etc included) that’s 100k, knock off 2000 season ticket holders and staff costs, call it 50k per game (as I have mentioned forget tax etc.) do we have lost 300k of match day revenue roughly.

So add in sponsorship, corporate events, bar spending etc, let’s be generous and call that 100k, so effectively the club have lost £400k since the virus hit, and again I point out that’s pre taxation etc. I think that’s a reasonable estimate.

Now let’s assume we have 90 full time staff, players, coaches, management, back room etc and we have spent around 3m furloughed. Not all of them will be on 30k a year certainly and a good number will be on a lot more, so let’s say that the total amount we receive off the government is 60 x 2k per month, averaged out. So that’s 360k we have received against budgeted staff costs, a loss of 40k to the club in lost revenue. It’s important to remember that as a club we knew the costs of certain players etc and costs way in advance.

I have been very generous on the income side and not included a lot of incremental costs like insurance, vat, tax etc and deliberately low on the reduced costs side, and yet we show a loss of just 40k, with the player sales and other add ons, are we honestly saying that 40k can ruin our club, less that Calvin and Josh earned in 3m if rumours to be believed?

I have been supportive of the board over many things recently, but the season ending early will not have lost us money, we kept our league status and got plenty of help. I seriously think we have to question why we appear so hand to mouth these days and ask questions and ask for clarity, if nothing else. If Keith cost a fortune to get rid of ok, tell us, if wage costs were ridiculous under his tenure, tell us.

This is not a post based with any agenda, malice or personal vendetta to anyone, before you vote me down, think about it and if you want to question my words, do so either here or via pm.

Up the Dale!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Reflecting..... on 21:45 - Aug 1 with 1476 viewsJames1980

Reflecting..... on 21:07 - Aug 1 by Thacks_Rabbits

The sentiment is spot on, a good positive post and fingers crossed we get back playing in front of crowds soon, personally I don’t think this will happen this year, but we can but hope.

I expect the usual down votes, but please think through the logic and look at the figures before you do, or slag me off for being negative or worse.

The wage budget is irrelevant when it comes to looking at what has happened, although with the season ending things like appearance fees, win bonuses etc won’t be paid, that’s another cost but I won’t include it.

The cost of the season ending is match day revenue, sponsorship, corporate stuff, food sales etc. I won’t include vat or tax as I am trying to keep lost income as high as possible for fairness.

If we said average attendance was 4000 at £25 spend per game (program food etc included) that’s 100k, knock off 2000 season ticket holders and staff costs, call it 50k per game (as I have mentioned forget tax etc.) do we have lost 300k of match day revenue roughly.

So add in sponsorship, corporate events, bar spending etc, let’s be generous and call that 100k, so effectively the club have lost £400k since the virus hit, and again I point out that’s pre taxation etc. I think that’s a reasonable estimate.

Now let’s assume we have 90 full time staff, players, coaches, management, back room etc and we have spent around 3m furloughed. Not all of them will be on 30k a year certainly and a good number will be on a lot more, so let’s say that the total amount we receive off the government is 60 x 2k per month, averaged out. So that’s 360k we have received against budgeted staff costs, a loss of 40k to the club in lost revenue. It’s important to remember that as a club we knew the costs of certain players etc and costs way in advance.

I have been very generous on the income side and not included a lot of incremental costs like insurance, vat, tax etc and deliberately low on the reduced costs side, and yet we show a loss of just 40k, with the player sales and other add ons, are we honestly saying that 40k can ruin our club, less that Calvin and Josh earned in 3m if rumours to be believed?

I have been supportive of the board over many things recently, but the season ending early will not have lost us money, we kept our league status and got plenty of help. I seriously think we have to question why we appear so hand to mouth these days and ask questions and ask for clarity, if nothing else. If Keith cost a fortune to get rid of ok, tell us, if wage costs were ridiculous under his tenure, tell us.

This is not a post based with any agenda, malice or personal vendetta to anyone, before you vote me down, think about it and if you want to question my words, do so either here or via pm.

Up the Dale!

Regarding Hill is he still entitled to a cut of any transfer fees/add ons still?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Reflecting..... on 21:48 - Aug 1 with 1473 viewsTVOS1907

Reflecting..... on 21:45 - Aug 1 by James1980

Regarding Hill is he still entitled to a cut of any transfer fees/add ons still?

Well given he isn't contracted by the club anymore, I'd say "No", James.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Reflecting..... on 21:54 - Aug 1 with 1459 viewsblackdogblue

Reflecting..... on 21:48 - Aug 1 by TVOS1907

What does the 28k signify?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Reflecting..... on 21:55 - Aug 1 with 1454 viewsTVOS1907

Reflecting..... on 21:54 - Aug 1 by blackdogblue

What does the 28k signify?

It's a secret.

Reflecting..... on 22:01 - Aug 1 with 1445 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Reflecting..... on 21:48 - Aug 1 by TVOS1907

In fairness, you don’t have to be contacted to a club in order to receive payments for services provided during the contract term, if that was agreed. It may be he still receives a cut or we had to buy out all of his rights to a cut when we got rid of him.

Think of it like a record contract. Even if the artist has left the recording company, the company still gets royalties each time the song is played, if it was recorded on their label.

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Reflecting..... on 22:29 - Aug 1 with 1401 viewsTVOS1907

Reflecting..... on 22:01 - Aug 1 by Thacks_Rabbits

In fairness, you don’t have to be contacted to a club in order to receive payments for services provided during the contract term, if that was agreed. It may be he still receives a cut or we had to buy out all of his rights to a cut when we got rid of him.

Think of it like a record contract. Even if the artist has left the recording company, the company still gets royalties each time the song is played, if it was recorded on their label.

OK, but nobody on here will know, will they, so James won't be able to get the answer he's looking for.

Login to get fewer ads

Reflecting..... on 22:33 - Aug 1 with 1388 viewsJames1980

I was asking because it might add to the financial concerns. Whether it was a larger pay off or continued payouts.

Reflecting..... on 22:36 - Aug 1 with 1386 viewsboromat

Reflecting..... on 22:29 - Aug 1 by TVOS1907

OK, but nobody on here will know, will they, so James won't be able to get the answer he's looking for.

Depends there's been loads of 'facts' on here recently. It's astounding what people know.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Reflecting..... on 22:49 - Aug 1 with 1360 viewsTVOS1907

Reflecting..... on 22:33 - Aug 1 by James1980

I was asking because it might add to the financial concerns. Whether it was a larger pay off or continued payouts.

I can't recall it being mentioned at the forum, although that seems a lifetime ago.

Reflecting..... on 22:52 - Aug 1 with 1354 viewsJames1980

Reflecting..... on 22:49 - Aug 1 by TVOS1907

I can't recall it being mentioned at the forum, although that seems a lifetime ago.

B.C before covid

Reflecting..... on 23:18 - Aug 1 with 1326 viewsTVOS1907

Reflecting..... on 22:52 - Aug 1 by James1980

B.C before covid

It feels like the original BC.

Reflecting..... on 00:12 - Aug 2 with 1262 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Reflecting..... on 22:29 - Aug 1 by TVOS1907

No he won’t. Would be a very good answer to get. One day it will come out.

Reflecting..... on 19:52 - Aug 4 with 731 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Reflecting..... on 00:12 - Aug 2 by Thacks_Rabbits

No he won’t. Would be a very good answer to get. One day it will come out.

Good of the chairman/ceo to respond.

Whilst I took the fairer costs side weird they have done the opposite and hidden many revenues we have received.

It’s not about costs, it’s about lost revenue. Don’t believe a word of that crap rolled out, there is a far bigger picture that the bit that is mentioned!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024