Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incoming News: Alex Newby signs 16:59 - Aug 3 with 4546 viewsDaley_Lama

... oooh exciting, the twitter teaser is back

Edit: Alex Newby signs 2 year deal.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 17:02]

Poll: DF in or out

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 17:10 - Aug 3 with 4475 viewskel

My mate is the Chorley manager (have I ever mentioned it? ) . I call him R Jamie.

Anyway, he’s not replied yet to tell me what to expect but he was well thought of by the fans there from what I can gather. No doubt the moaning bellends on the Facebook groups will have a good moan about lack of ambition etc though.
Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 17:13 - Aug 3 with 4433 viewsEllDale

Good luck to the lad.
Just hope that he's the new Scott Hogan rather than the new Jordan Williams.
Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 17:16 - Aug 3 with 4401 viewsSaxonDale

Given the number 10 shirt for the season.
Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 17:21 - Aug 3 with 4366 viewsdawlishdale

Good to see our first signing. Welcome Alex.
Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 17:26 - Aug 3 with 4316 viewskel

“ Newby is excellent mate. You’ll like him. He’s got good feet, runs well with the ball at pace. Works very hard. Got a goal in him.
Will he make the step up? Probably if he’s used properly. Loads of potential with some coaching too.

A good lad”
Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 17:37 - Aug 3 with 4241 viewssweetcorn

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 17:26 - Aug 3 by kel

“ Newby is excellent mate. You’ll like him. He’s got good feet, runs well with the ball at pace. Works very hard. Got a goal in him.
Will he make the step up? Probably if he’s used properly. Loads of potential with some coaching too.

A good lad”

Sounds a decent signing off that review.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 17:40 - Aug 3 with 4224 viewsCedar_Room

I wish him all the best and hope we’ve found a good un here but I’m just going to note that he joins us from Chorley FC who finished rock bottom of the National League having won only 4 games all season.
Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 17:51 - Aug 3 with 4157 viewskel

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 17:40 - Aug 3 by Cedar_Room

I wish him all the best and hope we’ve found a good un here but I’m just going to note that he joins us from Chorley FC who finished rock bottom of the National League having won only 4 games all season.

As the only part time club in the division with by far the lowest budget. It sometimes happens like that in football.
Login to get fewer ads

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 18:26 - Aug 3 with 4000 viewsrkershaw

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 17:51 - Aug 3 by kel

As the only part time club in the division with by far the lowest budget. It sometimes happens like that in football.

He'll be training / playing alongside league one players......we haven't signed the whole Chorley team but an individual player whose got my full support from the off!!
Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 19:09 - Aug 3 with 3792 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 18:26 - Aug 3 by rkershaw

He'll be training / playing alongside league one players......we haven't signed the whole Chorley team but an individual player whose got my full support from the off!!

Interesting signing and sounds like we have been after him for a while, reading various interviews.

Think this will be the type of signing we can look forward to, fairly low wages, potential, no fee and should we end up in furlough again, little cost to the club if any.

That said I have no issue at all with recruiting a dozen or so hungry players with potential. At the right age and with something to prove. At £600 quid a week or so we can have 12 of them for less than Josh, Hendo and Calvin. If half play a reasonable part or more it’s a relatively sensible strategy.

Wonder if his twin brother at Chorley is any good?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 20:27 - Aug 3 with 3499 viewspnc4eva1

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 17:13 - Aug 3 by EllDale

Good luck to the lad.
Just hope that he's the new Scott Hogan rather than the new Jordan Williams.

Remember that Williams was badly influenced by Hill rotations and as a forward that can influence confidence.

He wasn't brilliant but was never given a proper run, just like O'Grady at Oldham

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 20:28 - Aug 3 with 3494 viewsStourdale

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 19:09 - Aug 3 by Thacks_Rabbits

Interesting signing and sounds like we have been after him for a while, reading various interviews.

Think this will be the type of signing we can look forward to, fairly low wages, potential, no fee and should we end up in furlough again, little cost to the club if any.

That said I have no issue at all with recruiting a dozen or so hungry players with potential. At the right age and with something to prove. At £600 quid a week or so we can have 12 of them for less than Josh, Hendo and Calvin. If half play a reasonable part or more it’s a relatively sensible strategy.

Wonder if his twin brother at Chorley is any good?

Spoke to a lad at work who watches Chorley regularly.
He said he’s certainly the better of the brothers.

Struggled last season but he reckons that was more to do with the step up to the vanarama and the quality around him.

The 2 seasons before he was superb, very willing to have a go and a bag full of energy.
Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 20:33 - Aug 3 with 3463 viewspnc4eva1

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 20:28 - Aug 3 by Stourdale

Spoke to a lad at work who watches Chorley regularly.
He said he’s certainly the better of the brothers.

Struggled last season but he reckons that was more to do with the step up to the vanarama and the quality around him.

The 2 seasons before he was superb, very willing to have a go and a bag full of energy.

Some nice little touches on video on youtube

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 20:39 - Aug 3 with 3441 viewsblackdogblue

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 18:26 - Aug 3 by rkershaw

Agree hope he succeeds, but training with a league 1 team is a bit tenuous ... we released half of them 🤨

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 22:04 - Aug 3 with 3222 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 20:39 - Aug 3 by blackdogblue

Agree hope he succeeds, but training with a league 1 team is a bit tenuous ... we released half of them 🤨

I get the point bd. But other than Henderson (reluctantly freed/greedy manipulative mercenary) depending on view and camps (good servant that probably needed a new club) we won’t miss a lot.

Andrew and Josh were a waste of money last year, Williams is average at best, Alby I liked but, if he wants to come back, I think he will, if he wants to keep playing on a vastly reduced wage.

The rest were below average at best, injured, been given years to improve or just not needed.

Quite happy to see major changes, even if some fail, so be it

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 22:17 - Aug 3 with 3179 viewsBrierls

I think this is an encouraging signing. It’s a big step up but it seems like he’s got the right attitude.

At times last season we lacked players who could run with the ball. Dooley, for all his faults, made a big difference when he came back from injury.
Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 23:03 - Aug 3 with 3047 views_Windydale

Looks pretty skillful, good with both feet. With good teammates and a decent Manager. He might bloom.

Welcome Alex. Hope he becomes a fans favorite
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 23:05]
Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 23:06 - Aug 3 with 3037 viewsjudd

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 22:04 - Aug 3 by Thacks_Rabbits

I get the point bd. But other than Henderson (reluctantly freed/greedy manipulative mercenary) depending on view and camps (good servant that probably needed a new club) we won’t miss a lot.

Andrew and Josh were a waste of money last year, Williams is average at best, Alby I liked but, if he wants to come back, I think he will, if he wants to keep playing on a vastly reduced wage.

The rest were below average at best, injured, been given years to improve or just not needed.

Quite happy to see major changes, even if some fail, so be it

We were league 1 standard. What's to fookin doubt?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 23:22 - Aug 3 with 2998 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 23:06 - Aug 3 by judd

We were league 1 standard. What's to fookin doubt?

The quality of the single “don’t speak” ?

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 10:29 - Aug 4 with 2644 viewsjonahwhereru

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 17:51 - Aug 3 by kel

You only have to listen to the Gary Jones podcast to understand what difference training part time makes. As fit as he was he struggled with training just twice a week.
I have no doubt that with a professional training and coaching regime Newby will improve considerably. Just hope the fans give him a chance to settle.
He looks as though he fills the brief for providing some width, so I can certainly se him getting game time.
Welcome Alex
Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 12:11 - Aug 4 with 2482 viewsD_Alien

Could be the Adam Rundle-type player we've been missing, given time and patience. BBM must see something he can develop, good luck to him

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 14:03 - Aug 4 with 2220 viewsJames1980

Would North Yard Analytics have picked up Newby as potential signing?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 14:13 - Aug 4 with 2184 viewsisitme

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 14:03 - Aug 4 by James1980

Would North Yard Analytics have picked up Newby as potential signing?

Maybe. Some of the databases of these analytics firms go down to the tenth tier of English football.
Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 14:53 - Aug 4 with 2097 viewsJames1980

Incoming News: Alex Newby signs on 14:13 - Aug 4 by isitme

Maybe. Some of the databases of these analytics firms go down to the tenth tier of English football.

Thank you. He certainly looks like he has potential

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024