Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Message from the Chairman 19:05 - Aug 4 with 13399 viewsoddjob007

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/an-update-from-the-chairman/

“The board lack ambition” brigade... what do you make of this?
Message from the Chairman on 16:22 - Aug 5 with 1610 viewsjudd

Message from the Chairman on 16:16 - Aug 5 by tony_roch975

Hardly a construct — quote…..

“you have to question his motives, as well as the figures” Thacks_Rabbits
“People are allowed to question and be suspicious”. AtThePeake
“What is being questioned on this statement is the accuracy of the content”. judd

As you so rightly say, those who take on leadership positions “deserve a fair wind and a degree of basic understanding if they get buffeted by unprecedented events, the solutions for which not even the so-called experts can agree on”

But leave it there, eh?

"...accuracy of the content" for my part does not imply that anyone is lying.

It could be the result of a number of things such as oversight, forgetfulness, interpretation or human error, for example.

[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 16:25]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Message from the Chairman on 17:19 - Aug 5 with 1480 viewsJPSDale

The virus has made a mockery of all aspects of life - not least football.

The Chairmans comments are perhaps "conservative", but id rather the club under promise and over deliver, or just survive this period.... I think that the limiting of crowd numbers will damage the big supported clubs more than clubs such as Dale

Sunderland had a average of 30,169 last year V a capacity of 37.772, so they were running about 80% - and still loosing masses of money. When they have to drop to about 7000 based on new rules, they will be missing 23,000 paying supporter or loosing about 65% of the average - about £500k per game at £20 / head
Dale on the other hand had a average of 3574 and can allow 2170 in the ground so we are "only" loosing 35% ( of a much smaller number ...) - about £28k per game at £20/head

Dale have only a small number of existing contracts and we dodged a bullet with Hendo not signing the contract offered. The New Normal we keep hearing about will be true of Div 1 player salaries and with a bit of planning, lots of work and a bit of luck Dale can come out of this stronger than we went in. The cup runs / TV / sales cleaned up the overspend previously and help cover the hole the K19 has kicked into the club

Our Chairman might not be the communication king or splashing his cash - but i'll bet hes not sweating half as much about financial survival with restricted gates receipts as the new Sunderland Chairman ( Donald Resigned, nobody yet appointed ! )

Up The Dale
Message from the Chairman on 17:24 - Aug 5 with 1468 viewsAtThePeake

Message from the Chairman on 16:22 - Aug 5 by judd

"...accuracy of the content" for my part does not imply that anyone is lying.

It could be the result of a number of things such as oversight, forgetfulness, interpretation or human error, for example.

[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 16:25]

Likewise, “People are allowed to question and be suspicious” in no way equates to "it's the Board so they must be lying". At least, I didn't mean it to anyway.

Tangled up in blue.

Message from the Chairman on 17:27 - Aug 5 with 1449 viewsjudd

Message from the Chairman on 17:19 - Aug 5 by JPSDale

The Chairmans comments are perhaps "conservative", but id rather the club under promise and over deliver, or just survive this period.... I think that the limiting of crowd numbers will damage the big supported clubs more than clubs such as Dale

Sunderland had a average of 30,169 last year V a capacity of 37.772, so they were running about 80% - and still loosing masses of money. When they have to drop to about 7000 based on new rules, they will be missing 23,000 paying supporter or loosing about 65% of the average - about £500k per game at £20 / head
Dale on the other hand had a average of 3574 and can allow 2170 in the ground so we are "only" loosing 35% ( of a much smaller number ...) - about £28k per game at £20/head

Dale have only a small number of existing contracts and we dodged a bullet with Hendo not signing the contract offered. The New Normal we keep hearing about will be true of Div 1 player salaries and with a bit of planning, lots of work and a bit of luck Dale can come out of this stronger than we went in. The cup runs / TV / sales cleaned up the overspend previously and help cover the hole the K19 has kicked into the club

Our Chairman might not be the communication king or splashing his cash - but i'll bet hes not sweating half as much about financial survival with restricted gates receipts as the new Sunderland Chairman ( Donald Resigned, nobody yet appointed ! )

Up The Dale

http://democracy.rochdale.gov.uk/documents/s71929/Football%20Club%20002.pdf

I wonder how many local councils have been as supportive as ours with initial and provision for further loan in order to help their local clubs?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Message from the Chairman on 17:46 - Aug 5 with 1394 viewsDaleiLama

Message from the Chairman on 17:19 - Aug 5 by JPSDale

Up The Dale

"The virus has made a mockery of all aspects of life - not least football".

It has indeed. The Imps sold 4k STs in early bird pre-lockdown. With a capacity of 10,120 ………...

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Message from the Chairman on 18:40 - Aug 5 with 1308 viewsboromat

Message from the Chairman on 17:46 - Aug 5 by DaleiLama

"The virus has made a mockery of all aspects of life - not least football".

It has indeed. The Imps sold 4k STs in early bird pre-lockdown. With a capacity of 10,120 ………...

Gonna be some upset fans there!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Message from the Chairman on 19:16 - Aug 5 with 1228 viewsDalenet

Message from the Chairman on 18:40 - Aug 5 by boromat

Gonna be some upset fans there!

Or at Tranmere where they sold a similar number ahead of the lockdown at over £400 a pop and then had to make 40 staff redundant. I haven't checked to see whether their fans have been offered their money back (I suspect not) or whether they think the price they paid for league two football is good value
Message from the Chairman on 20:19 - Aug 5 with 1148 viewsboromat

Message from the Chairman on 19:16 - Aug 5 by Dalenet

Or at Tranmere where they sold a similar number ahead of the lockdown at over £400 a pop and then had to make 40 staff redundant. I haven't checked to see whether their fans have been offered their money back (I suspect not) or whether they think the price they paid for league two football is good value

To be fair relegation was always a risk to them. But yes similar issues with all the clubs that had started to sell season tickets early.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Message from the Chairman on 21:22 - Aug 5 with 1060 viewsJPSDale

The Imps had an average of 9006 last season - great for them and not knocking them, but they are the only club for 20+ miles - Donny, Scunny, & Notts. Dale have more Premier League teams alone closer probably than this ...

They are also central to the community - something we are slowly improving with Club, Local Clubs, Schools & Council all working better together

Dale might learn a few tricks about things like early bird etc given Imps success
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024