Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Message from the Chairman 19:05 - Aug 4 with 13333 viewsoddjob007

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/an-update-from-the-chairman/

“The board lack ambition” brigade... what do you make of this?
Message from the Chairman on 19:15 - Aug 4 with 5363 viewsSuddenLad

Exactly what I expected to be told in relation to the playing budget. It was going to happen, Covid or no Covid.

Dale won't be the only club facing difficult financial decisions, so we'd better get used to it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Message from the Chairman on 19:19 - Aug 4 with 5338 viewsjudd

7 unplayed games, not 6.

No mention of the council loan in lieu of the near £1m Dawson transfer money due next month.

No mention of the redundancies and costs associated.

No idea where all the monies raised last season from Adshead, Mathieson, cup games and associated TV fees have gone.

Prepare yourselves for a massive increase in season ticket prices. Or season card, whatever that might be.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Message from the Chairman on 19:21 - Aug 4 with 5328 viewsJames1980

I would imagine the 'BLAB' pointing to clubs signing players and say they have surely had a similar cut in income.

Oh MD just click the ignore button
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 20:32]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Message from the Chairman on 19:30 - Aug 4 with 5264 viewsEllDale

John Laurie was more cheerful in “Dad’s Army”.
Brace yourselves for a long hard winter.
And don’t expect to get into games if capacity is 2170 because that figure will include complimentaries and hangers-on.
The message was part expected but still hard to digest.
Suppose we might stay up if a few clubs are deducted points for going into administration.
Message from the Chairman on 19:34 - Aug 4 with 5243 viewsSuddenLad

Message from the Chairman on 19:19 - Aug 4 by judd

7 unplayed games, not 6.

No mention of the council loan in lieu of the near £1m Dawson transfer money due next month.

No mention of the redundancies and costs associated.

No idea where all the monies raised last season from Adshead, Mathieson, cup games and associated TV fees have gone.

Prepare yourselves for a massive increase in season ticket prices. Or season card, whatever that might be.

If and when the 'Dawson money' arrives as well as the rumoured £2.5 million donation from the Premiership, will the situation be reassessed?

It's amazing to think that all the transfer income and FA Cup/Carabao cup money has gone. What a good job we had a financially successful 2019/2020 season.

Message from the Chairman on 19:35 - Aug 4 with 5238 viewsjudd

Message from the Chairman on 19:30 - Aug 4 by EllDale

John Laurie was more cheerful in “Dad’s Army”.
Brace yourselves for a long hard winter.
And don’t expect to get into games if capacity is 2170 because that figure will include complimentaries and hangers-on.
The message was part expected but still hard to digest.
Suppose we might stay up if a few clubs are deducted points for going into administration.

It wasn't that long ago that the club was telling us how it had planned for a zero income scenario for next season.

As tough a job as it is managing any business at present then let's be consistent in the message and stop dressing up statements with spin.

Takes the heat off the lotto bollox though.

Message from the Chairman on 19:45 - Aug 4 with 5180 viewsfunkkk

Pleased we have the buffer of being in League 1 and relegation not sending us into the non league abyss.
Message from the Chairman on 19:46 - Aug 4 with 5175 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Message from the Chairman on 19:35 - Aug 4 by judd

It wasn't that long ago that the club was telling us how it had planned for a zero income scenario for next season.

As tough a job as it is managing any business at present then let's be consistent in the message and stop dressing up statements with spin.

Takes the heat off the lotto bollox though.

we have a chairman - good to know!

Only appears in name when the turd is getting close to the blender.

Wonder who wrote this masterpiece.

Eagerly anticipated kit launch, fantastic new card scheme (not that you can use it) losses of 125k a month!

Utter garbage, and how would 6 or 7 games have covered this anyway. It would not (see my more accurate post the other day)

Don’t buy this spin. They budget for a season. It stinks!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Message from the Chairman on 19:48 - Aug 4 with 5157 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Message from the Chairman on 19:46 - Aug 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

we have a chairman - good to know!

Only appears in name when the turd is getting close to the blender.

Wonder who wrote this masterpiece.

Eagerly anticipated kit launch, fantastic new card scheme (not that you can use it) losses of 125k a month!

Utter garbage, and how would 6 or 7 games have covered this anyway. It would not (see my more accurate post the other day)

Don’t buy this spin. They budget for a season. It stinks!

As for team Rochdale. When it bloody suits!!!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Message from the Chairman on 19:49 - Aug 4 with 5138 viewsfunkkk

How can our wage bill be the same £250k figure as it was five months ago? Surely Hendo and Camps alone would be £20k+ of that? Not to mention anybody else released and non playing staff redundancies...
Message from the Chairman on 19:50 - Aug 4 with 5126 viewsDaleiLama

So does the club think that that message/Covid will be enough to put off a fair chunk of ST renewers? No mention of how many rank and file STs will be sold there - just how many will be allowed in in total? How they will be allocated? First come first served?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 19:53]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Message from the Chairman on 19:52 - Aug 4 with 5113 viewsSuddenLad

Message from the Chairman on 19:49 - Aug 4 by funkkk

How can our wage bill be the same £250k figure as it was five months ago? Surely Hendo and Camps alone would be £20k+ of that? Not to mention anybody else released and non playing staff redundancies...

Hendo, Lillis, Calvin and Camps. Four of the biggest wages. Gone.

Message from the Chairman on 19:53 - Aug 4 with 5098 viewsNewbury_Dale

I hope our new directors are contributing, from Stateside.
Message from the Chairman on 19:53 - Aug 4 with 5088 viewsjudd

Message from the Chairman on 19:48 - Aug 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

As for team Rochdale. When it bloody suits!!!

No one could have predicted the extent of this pandemic but right now we're reaping the benefits (or lack of) the coup that rid us of Chris Dunphy .

Message from the Chairman on 20:00 - Aug 4 with 5012 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Message from the Chairman on 19:53 - Aug 4 by judd

No one could have predicted the extent of this pandemic but right now we're reaping the benefits (or lack of) the coup that rid us of Chris Dunphy .

Fred Radcliffe would still do a better job than these jokers, god rest his soul!

Message from the Chairman on 20:02 - Aug 4 with 4994 viewstony_roch975

well I don't know about cemetery cliques but the bash the board clique is becoming pretty predictable

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Message from the Chairman on 20:04 - Aug 4 with 4973 viewsjudd

Message from the Chairman on 20:02 - Aug 4 by tony_roch975

well I don't know about cemetery cliques but the bash the board clique is becoming pretty predictable

What are your thoughts on the actual statememt?

Message from the Chairman on 20:07 - Aug 4 with 4947 views442Dale

Message from the Chairman on 19:50 - Aug 4 by DaleiLama

So does the club think that that message/Covid will be enough to put off a fair chunk of ST renewers? No mention of how many rank and file STs will be sold there - just how many will be allowed in in total? How they will be allocated? First come first served?

Putting aside the chairman’s statement for a minute, the implications of the uncertainty not only around football, but everything right now, is what will have a massive impact on the game over the next few months. We need only look at the local restrictions in this area now to see how things can change instantly and affect clubs - for example, a similar situation meaning fans find out a couple of days before a game their area has had to enforce stricter regulations meaning they suddenly can’t go to a game.

Imagine being a football club trying to plan around that. That’s not to say they shouldn’t and that those plans shouldn’t be as flexible as they can possibly be, but thinking that we’ll all be able to watch games every other week come October with no further uncertainty is unrealistic.

For these reasons alone it’s staggering to read about the lack of support from the EFL and the Premier League. Whilst totally accepting that we need to look to progress the club as much as possible and everyone at Spotland has a responsibility to not hide behind the current circumstances to do that, looking at the bigger picture as each day passes brings a dawning realisation that success may be measured by who gets through next season and not what results they get.

Though, again, that uncertainty that could be the ultimate downfall for some, could tip in a positive direction meaning things can be reassessed. That’s the planning, that’s the transparency, that’s the desire to respect fans as the most vital part of the club and keep them up to date every single week. It’s now non-negotiable.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Message from the Chairman on 20:08 - Aug 4 with 4945 viewssxdale

Message from the Chairman on 19:53 - Aug 4 by Newbury_Dale

I hope our new directors are contributing, from Stateside.

Are they directors or simply shareholders? After the reception they got from some of our existing directors I'd not expect them to put a single $ in.
Message from the Chairman on 20:09 - Aug 4 with 4934 viewsfunkkk

Message from the Chairman on 19:52 - Aug 4 by SuddenLad

Hendo, Lillis, Calvin and Camps. Four of the biggest wages. Gone.

Make that £50k+...
Message from the Chairman on 20:10 - Aug 4 with 4925 viewsD_Alien

So, £450k lost in hospitality/boxes... why?

Is that figure based on having no-one using a box or having pre-match meals for the entire season?

If restaurants can open, why can't Dale put on pre-match meals (perhaps reduced numbers) involving people from the same bubble and use the boxes too? Reduced rates for families might go down a treat for birthdays, etc.

Is there a ban on this income stream?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Message from the Chairman on 20:11 - Aug 4 with 4917 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Message from the Chairman on 20:02 - Aug 4 by tony_roch975

Because it’s all spin Tony. I can’t unpick all of them in minutes but everything is geared to what we have spent, not what we have lost through the season ending.

The costs should have been budgeted for at the start of the season, the losses believe me are likely to be very little or nothing, maybe even a profit on the revenue lost for 6 games (we knew bURY was gone months ago)

I hate having to slag off what is going on, but I can’t ignore it.

As I have said on other posts I will take pms if anyone wants a deeper financial question answered, but believe me, that statement is misleading at best!

Message from the Chairman on 20:12 - Aug 4 with 4901 viewsDalenet

Message from the Chairman on 19:50 - Aug 4 by DaleiLama

But as debated on other threads already, we houldn't expect everybody to want an ST next season. Some will be unable to afford one, others scared to attend. What we now know is that we probably have 2000 to sell at best and as a result those 2000 will need to cover a good deal of the shortfall. I said in the ST thread that a price of £450 may be needed and I wouldn't be surprised if we price accordingly. Isn't this message from the Chairman a warm up from DB to expect that.

No business in serious financial difficulty can discuss the details in the media. So like TR and others suggest there is more to this. We still had some reserves at the end of the last financial year and we have been cutting the playing budget. And we had a sizeable player sale pot to come. If we didn't have those reerves we'd have been bust without Covid. Why? Because we lost £100k in gate receipts for lost games at the end of the season and the potential for £500k in ST sales in April. That wouldn't cover the £1.25m i wages for the past 5 months or the pitch repairs

So whilst the Board are trying to warm us up for a desperate season ahead, I think they need to treat us with a bit more intelligence. We knew that a playing budget of c£2m was probably where we were heading, and with the big hitters leaving our payroll from last week I would expect that we are closer to that now. BBM has no chance really. We now just need 4 teams to go bust.
Message from the Chairman on 20:14 - Aug 4 with 4883 viewsboromat

It's completely what I'd expected. A very conservative approach as always. And I'd say that's the right thing to do in this case. Let's play it safe, make sure we can pay our way, have a club in 12 months and re-evaluate. We've got a great academy and this is an opportunity to really use it.

With the low number of tickets available I'm not sure how season tickets will or can work. It's also a pretty awful scenario where full paying adults are surely going to be more preferable over kids and concessions from a financial point of view. I know that's always the case but we rarely have a full sell out for it to even be thought about. Maybe we could think out of the box play at a bigger capacity ground for the year somehow and have a smaller fanbase than ours play at crown oil.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Message from the Chairman on 20:22 - Aug 4 with 4819 viewsNDGN82

Please correct me if i'm wrong but the Dawson monies this September will be less that £400k net of the sell on fee to Ratcliffe Borough, then same again next September?

The £2.5m donation from the premier league would potentially be £2.5m per premier league club, i.e. £50m divided by 46 EFL 1 & 2 clubs. Realistically if it does happen, it will be a long term loan, Premier League clubs are unlikely to 'donate' anything to us, why would they?

The 2018/19 accounts showed a loss of £1.3m after player sales/addons of £1m. Effectively a £2.3m loss without this income. In 2019/20, I expect a decent profit after £2m of player sales/add on income (including the full Dawson monies not yet physically received) and around £1m in extra gate receipts and prize money from the United and Newcastle cup runs. Effectively that's £3m in extra income last year that we're almost certain not to receive this season, therefore huge losses expected! Brutally honest - there does appear to be a massive whole that needs to be filled!

Given that at the fans forum it was suggested that it costs £500k per month to run the club, Houston we have a problem!

I find it difficult to understand on here that each time an open and frank statement from the board is made it gets pulled to shreds. Would we all prefer nothing was said of the genuine situation we are faced with and everyone be kept in the dark? I for one like being kept informed of what's going on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024