Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Message from the Chairman 19:05 - Aug 4 with 13336 viewsoddjob007

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/an-update-from-the-chairman/

“The board lack ambition” brigade... what do you make of this?
Message from the Chairman on 20:26 - Aug 4 with 2051 viewsTVOS1907

Message from the Chairman on 20:14 - Aug 4 by boromat

It's completely what I'd expected. A very conservative approach as always. And I'd say that's the right thing to do in this case. Let's play it safe, make sure we can pay our way, have a club in 12 months and re-evaluate. We've got a great academy and this is an opportunity to really use it.

With the low number of tickets available I'm not sure how season tickets will or can work. It's also a pretty awful scenario where full paying adults are surely going to be more preferable over kids and concessions from a financial point of view. I know that's always the case but we rarely have a full sell out for it to even be thought about. Maybe we could think out of the box play at a bigger capacity ground for the year somehow and have a smaller fanbase than ours play at crown oil.

Can you explain how your last point will work?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Message from the Chairman on 20:28 - Aug 4 with 2038 viewsDalenet

Message from the Chairman on 20:22 - Aug 4 by NDGN82

Please correct me if i'm wrong but the Dawson monies this September will be less that £400k net of the sell on fee to Ratcliffe Borough, then same again next September?

The £2.5m donation from the premier league would potentially be £2.5m per premier league club, i.e. £50m divided by 46 EFL 1 & 2 clubs. Realistically if it does happen, it will be a long term loan, Premier League clubs are unlikely to 'donate' anything to us, why would they?

The 2018/19 accounts showed a loss of £1.3m after player sales/addons of £1m. Effectively a £2.3m loss without this income. In 2019/20, I expect a decent profit after £2m of player sales/add on income (including the full Dawson monies not yet physically received) and around £1m in extra gate receipts and prize money from the United and Newcastle cup runs. Effectively that's £3m in extra income last year that we're almost certain not to receive this season, therefore huge losses expected! Brutally honest - there does appear to be a massive whole that needs to be filled!

Given that at the fans forum it was suggested that it costs £500k per month to run the club, Houston we have a problem!

I find it difficult to understand on here that each time an open and frank statement from the board is made it gets pulled to shreds. Would we all prefer nothing was said of the genuine situation we are faced with and everyone be kept in the dark? I for one like being kept informed of what's going on

We have been given half a story to manage expectations. If we are almost insolvent and we started waving white flags in the media then we are toast with suppliers, creditors etc. So of course we aren't. We will need to cut our cloth.....but lets not just believe that we the numbers the Chairman shared are the full picture.

Of course if they are then they have a duty to sell the club or seek to close it down pdq.
Message from the Chairman on 20:39 - Aug 4 with 1973 viewsboromat

Message from the Chairman on 20:26 - Aug 4 by TVOS1907

Can you explain how your last point will work?

No real thought put into this so I'm sure there are plenty of holes in it even ignoring the fact we've only got a couple of months to organise it.

But if we were to be able to use a larger stadium that wasn't too far away whose Covid limited capacity was more like 4 or 5k we wouldn't need to worry about the lack of capacity. Obviously there would be a cost to do this and the finances would need to make sense.

As on offset we could rent Spotland to a club or 2 that generally gets crowds of less than the 2.1k.

Just a random out of the box thought.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Message from the Chairman on 20:40 - Aug 4 with 1957 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Message from the Chairman on 20:22 - Aug 4 by NDGN82

Please correct me if i'm wrong but the Dawson monies this September will be less that £400k net of the sell on fee to Ratcliffe Borough, then same again next September?

The £2.5m donation from the premier league would potentially be £2.5m per premier league club, i.e. £50m divided by 46 EFL 1 & 2 clubs. Realistically if it does happen, it will be a long term loan, Premier League clubs are unlikely to 'donate' anything to us, why would they?

The 2018/19 accounts showed a loss of £1.3m after player sales/addons of £1m. Effectively a £2.3m loss without this income. In 2019/20, I expect a decent profit after £2m of player sales/add on income (including the full Dawson monies not yet physically received) and around £1m in extra gate receipts and prize money from the United and Newcastle cup runs. Effectively that's £3m in extra income last year that we're almost certain not to receive this season, therefore huge losses expected! Brutally honest - there does appear to be a massive whole that needs to be filled!

Given that at the fans forum it was suggested that it costs £500k per month to run the club, Houston we have a problem!

I find it difficult to understand on here that each time an open and frank statement from the board is made it gets pulled to shreds. Would we all prefer nothing was said of the genuine situation we are faced with and everyone be kept in the dark? I for one like being kept informed of what's going on

But we are not being told what is going on, we are being told bits and pieces that suit them, ahead of season ticket sales and no doubt a plea for cash.

If they came out with the full truth, said why we are in a mess, instead of hiding behind figures which make dragons den failures appear competent, we may just start to believe them again.

Turnover is not profit, nor is lost revenue necessarily as it appears. Whoever made that statement is using figures that are not reliable in the long term running of a business of any kind. It’s spin, pure and simple.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Message from the Chairman on 20:43 - Aug 4 with 1932 viewsTVOS1907

Message from the Chairman on 20:39 - Aug 4 by boromat

No real thought put into this so I'm sure there are plenty of holes in it even ignoring the fact we've only got a couple of months to organise it.

But if we were to be able to use a larger stadium that wasn't too far away whose Covid limited capacity was more like 4 or 5k we wouldn't need to worry about the lack of capacity. Obviously there would be a cost to do this and the finances would need to make sense.

As on offset we could rent Spotland to a club or 2 that generally gets crowds of less than the 2.1k.

Just a random out of the box thought.

So we'd need another local ground with a capacity of around 20,000-25,000 that isn't being used, while expecting around 3,000 of our fans to travel to that stadium?

At the same time, we'd expect fans of someone like Accrington to travel over Owd Betts to Spotland?

If it was such a good idea or possibility, it would have already been explored by loads of clubs.

Message from the Chairman on 20:45 - Aug 4 with 1914 viewstony_roch975

Message from the Chairman on 20:04 - Aug 4 by judd

What are your thoughts on the actual statememt?

exactly what NDGN82 posted, or anyone with a sense of reality and objectivity - it's interesting to note the correlation between the BBB brigade and defenders of Boris - witness the down vote
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 20:50]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Message from the Chairman on 20:47 - Aug 4 with 1889 viewsD_Alien

Message from the Chairman on 20:43 - Aug 4 by TVOS1907

So we'd need another local ground with a capacity of around 20,000-25,000 that isn't being used, while expecting around 3,000 of our fans to travel to that stadium?

At the same time, we'd expect fans of someone like Accrington to travel over Owd Betts to Spotland?

If it was such a good idea or possibility, it would have already been explored by loads of clubs.

Not to mention giving up home advantage... and the goodwill of many who might otherwise still be thinking of buying a season tic.. card

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Message from the Chairman on 20:48 - Aug 4 with 1881 viewstony_roch975

Message from the Chairman on 20:28 - Aug 4 by Dalenet

We have been given half a story to manage expectations. If we are almost insolvent and we started waving white flags in the media then we are toast with suppliers, creditors etc. So of course we aren't. We will need to cut our cloth.....but lets not just believe that we the numbers the Chairman shared are the full picture.

Of course if they are then they have a duty to sell the club or seek to close it down pdq.

'We will need to cut our cloth' which is what the statement suggests they are planning to do

Login to get fewer ads

Message from the Chairman on 20:50 - Aug 4 with 1866 viewsD_Alien

Message from the Chairman on 20:48 - Aug 4 by tony_roch975

'We will need to cut our cloth' which is what the statement suggests they are planning to do

Very informative, then

Message from the Chairman on 20:51 - Aug 4 with 1861 viewstony_roch975

Message from the Chairman on 20:50 - Aug 4 by D_Alien

Very informative, then

yes it was

Message from the Chairman on 20:54 - Aug 4 with 1844 viewsstandale

Message from the Chairman on 20:45 - Aug 4 by tony_roch975

exactly what NDGN82 posted, or anyone with a sense of reality and objectivity - it's interesting to note the correlation between the BBB brigade and defenders of Boris - witness the down vote
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 20:50]

The BBB are tiresome, but so is bringing politics into it. People want some info out of the club and more statements from the chairman..... it happens, then gets ripped to shreds by some, and people wonder why they don’t bother.
Message from the Chairman on 20:54 - Aug 4 with 1835 viewsboromat

Message from the Chairman on 20:43 - Aug 4 by TVOS1907

Yeah it's most likely a terrible idea. But I hope someone's thought about it enough to rule it out.

Like you say lots of negatives around it and specifically for fans the need to travel but at least everyone would have the option of attending and ticket prices might not need to increase as much.

Stadiums would obviously have to be shared so it causes a fixture logistics issue but it's not unheard of. Closest stadiums would be Huddersfield, Burnley, Etihad, Old Trafford, Preston, Bolton, Blackburn...

Message from the Chairman on 20:54 - Aug 4 with 1834 viewsD_Alien

Message from the Chairman on 20:51 - Aug 4 by tony_roch975

yes it was

No, actually, it raised far more questions than it answered

About the hospitality/boxes, for example. How does the £450k loss come about? Just bandying figures about is imo irresponsible

[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 20:56]

Message from the Chairman on 21:01 - Aug 4 with 1778 viewsseasidedale

Don’t forget released players are contracted to end June they then get 1 months severance pay so I imagine that he is still taking this into account in the statement
Message from the Chairman on 21:05 - Aug 4 with 1750 viewsboromat

Message from the Chairman on 21:01 - Aug 4 by seasidedale

Don’t forget released players are contracted to end June they then get 1 months severance pay so I imagine that he is still taking this into account in the statement

That's a good point. In effect we paid all of the released players up until last week.

Message from the Chairman on 21:08 - Aug 4 with 1730 viewsTVOS1907

Message from the Chairman on 20:54 - Aug 4 by boromat

Yeah it's most likely a terrible idea. But I hope someone's thought about it enough to rule it out.

Like you say lots of negatives around it and specifically for fans the need to travel but at least everyone would have the option of attending and ticket prices might not need to increase as much.

Stadiums would obviously have to be shared so it causes a fixture logistics issue but it's not unheard of. Closest stadiums would be Huddersfield, Burnley, Etihad, Old Trafford, Preston, Bolton, Blackburn...

I doubt anyone else has thought about it as it's not really sensible, practical or possible.

Message from the Chairman on 21:11 - Aug 4 with 1719 viewsjudd

Message from the Chairman on 21:01 - Aug 4 by seasidedale

It should be forward looking.

As others have said, it's not a loss it's a reduction in turnover that the hospitality alludes to.

As for communication, it is expected of leadership. There are several hundred owners of this club, not a handful. Theres hundreds more with vested interests. If what is said is disputed then so be it. Improve the content and accuracy of the message.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 21:55]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Message from the Chairman on 21:26 - Aug 4 with 1665 viewsboromat

Message from the Chairman on 21:08 - Aug 4 by TVOS1907

I doubt anyone else has thought about it as it's not really sensible, practical or possible.

I'll keep my thoughts/ideas to myself in future. Good job I'm not a new poster not sure I'd bother posting ever again being shot down for an idea I opened with being out of the box and probably a terrible idea

Message from the Chairman on 21:32 - Aug 4 with 1636 viewsTVOS1907

Message from the Chairman on 21:26 - Aug 4 by boromat

I'll keep my thoughts/ideas to myself in future. Good job I'm not a new poster not sure I'd bother posting ever again being shot down for an idea I opened with being out of the box and probably a terrible idea

No, express whatever views you want, but like all other opinions, expect them to be challenged.

Message from the Chairman on 21:33 - Aug 4 with 1635 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Your idea was more realistic than the chairman’s post, and in fairness your idea was daft 😂😂😂

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Message from the Chairman on 21:36 - Aug 4 with 1613 viewsjudd

Please keep posting.

Thinking outside of the box is to be commended

Poll: What is it to be then?

Message from the Chairman on 21:38 - Aug 4 with 1600 viewsJames1980

Message from the Chairman on 20:54 - Aug 4 by D_Alien

No, actually, it raised far more questions than it answered

About the hospitality/boxes, for example. How does the £450k loss come about? Just bandying figures about is imo irresponsible

[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 20:56]

Was that based on last full season and then assuming we won't make any money from that next season.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Message from the Chairman on 21:38 - Aug 4 with 1595 viewsD_Alien

Message from the Chairman on 21:36 - Aug 4 by judd

Please keep posting.

Thinking outside of the box is to be commended

Outside the executive box, alas

Message from the Chairman on 21:53 - Aug 4 with 1493 viewsBartRowou

I thought it was an interesting idea, albeit a very unlikely one. Got me thinking at any rate. Absolutely nowt wrong with something a bit different and thinking out loud.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Message from the Chairman on 22:01 - Aug 4 with 1451 viewsBartRowou

Message from the Chairman on 20:54 - Aug 4 by standale

The BBB are tiresome, but so is bringing politics into it. People want some info out of the club and more statements from the chairman..... it happens, then gets ripped to shreds by some, and people wonder why they don’t bother.

Ey up, Stanley.
Saw this before and then you appeared on the thread.
There's more quality in these two minutes than in a weekly six episodes of today's Coronation St.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024