Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 10:09 - Aug 5 with 42726 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/20-21_sts_announcement/

£200 Sandy
£270 Pearl
£335 Main

[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 10:13]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season ticket prices on 10:13 - Aug 5 with 8063 viewsChaffRAFC

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/08/update-from-the-trust/

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season ticket prices on 10:34 - Aug 5 with 7956 viewsDalenet

Fascinating. Yesterday we were told how desperate the club was financially

Today we find that we have priced the STs at a level that won't address the financial black hole and will be amongst the lowest in the division - although it is a 57% increase (post tax) year on year.

So clearly the club isn't that desperate for the funding. Would you rather pay a bit more (say £450) and have a playing squad that might be able to compete or is everybody happy with the new pricing? I am confused.
Season ticket prices on 10:36 - Aug 5 with 7947 viewsChaffRAFC

Season ticket prices on 10:34 - Aug 5 by Dalenet

Today we find that we have priced the STs at a level that won't address the financial black hole and will be amongst the lowest in the division - although it is a 57% increase (post tax) year on year.

So clearly the club isn't that desperate for the funding. Would you rather pay a bit more (say £450) and have a playing squad that might be able to compete or is everybody happy with the new pricing? I am confused.

I'm happy with the pricing, it's what I expected the cost to be and I suspect £450 would probably price the majority out of getting a season ticket.

Season ticket prices on 10:40 - Aug 5 with 7916 viewsAtThePeake

Season ticket prices on 10:34 - Aug 5 by Dalenet

£450 is a ridiculous amount of money to ask of people to watch League One football. Particularly when we're going to miss at least a couple of home games anyway and the board have admitted the playing budget of an already weak side has been slashed.

These prices are fair. It's the middle ground between a price increase that was clearly always going to happen and trying to keep tickets as affordable as possible.

Tangled up in blue.

Season ticket prices on 10:46 - Aug 5 with 7891 viewsJames1980

Those that can afford and want to spend £450 season ticket could spend the difference on Dale lotto tickets or in the club shop.

Season ticket prices on 10:47 - Aug 5 with 7873 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 10:46 - Aug 5 by James1980

Those that can afford and want to spend £450 season ticket could spend the difference on Dale lotto tickets or in the club shop.

Or buy three copies of TVOS at every game!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Season ticket prices on 10:50 - Aug 5 with 7858 viewsChaffRAFC

Couple of questions have arisen from various whatsapp conversations this morning:

Will refunds for last years season tickets be issues before the new season tickets as some will be needing the refund to fund the new one?

Should the season be played behind closed doors either full season or longer than anticipated, will there be a refund policy?

Appreciate these questions may not be able to be answered yet obviously.

Season ticket prices on 10:52 - Aug 5 with 7846 viewsChaffRAFC

Season ticket prices on 10:47 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

Or buy three copies of TVOS at every game!

On programmes, will there be cash sales as usual or will programmes just be available at kiosks for card payment only?

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices on 10:53 - Aug 5 with 7841 viewsJames1980

Season ticket prices on 10:50 - Aug 5 by ChaffRAFC

Couple of questions have arisen from various whatsapp conversations this morning:

Will refunds for last years season tickets be issues before the new season tickets as some will be needing the refund to fund the new one?

Should the season be played behind closed doors either full season or longer than anticipated, will there be a refund policy?

Appreciate these questions may not be able to be answered yet obviously.

Ifollow ticket for BCD games

Season ticket prices on 10:54 - Aug 5 with 7828 viewsChaffRAFC

Season ticket prices on 10:53 - Aug 5 by James1980

Ifollow ticket for BCD games

Which won't suit everyone, if someone pays £300 plus for a season ticket and we're not able to get to any games, ifollow wont cut it as a refund I suspect.

Season ticket prices on 10:55 - Aug 5 with 7822 viewsdawlishdale

It's more than I would have expected, but not by too much. If you request a refund for the 7 un-played games from last season, then it's broadly the same as last season The only difference being that you won't get your old seat and you can't sit or stand with your mates. Oh; and we don't know how many early games will be behind closed doors.
Difficult times for the club, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. We live in difficult times.
Season ticket prices on 10:55 - Aug 5 with 7819 viewsBrierls

How about a WELL DONE for pricing season tickets sensibly?

Thank you to the club for not taking the opportunity to hike up prices in an effort to boost a standard income stream. Such an increase would have priced many fans out and would have been a kick in the teeth for those who loyally support the club by purchasing a season ticket every season.

Accuse the club of being 'out of touch' with the fan base all you like, but this pricing shows it's not all bad. I also suspect the Trust have been heavily involved in trying to strike a balance here and that is to be applauded.
Season ticket prices on 10:59 - Aug 5 with 7784 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 10:52 - Aug 5 by ChaffRAFC

On programmes, will there be cash sales as usual or will programmes just be available at kiosks for card payment only?

I don't know the answer to that yet, Chaff, but will find out in time.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Season ticket prices on 11:03 - Aug 5 with 7769 viewsBrierls

Season ticket prices on 10:54 - Aug 5 by ChaffRAFC

Which won't suit everyone, if someone pays £300 plus for a season ticket and we're not able to get to any games, ifollow wont cut it as a refund I suspect.

I think this season, any purchase of a season ticket has to have caveats. Including for any games played behind closed doors, season ticket holders receive an iFollow pass.

Purchases would then be made on that basis, knowing what they're signing up for.
Season ticket prices on 11:08 - Aug 5 with 7731 viewsisitme

A really interesting proposal. As expected the prices have increased, but not excessively so. I really like the family rewards card, which will pay for itself after purchasing six tickets and allow the club to collect more data and target non season ticket holders to encourage them to attend more often.
Season ticket prices on 11:09 - Aug 5 with 7723 viewsWill_RAFC

I think the prices are very fair, taking into account the current situation and the prices of other League One clubs.

I do have a question though, and I understand this is a logistical nightmare but wondering if anything can be done.

Theirs a group of around 10 of us who all have season tickets together in the Pearl Street. Is there any way we will be able to be grouped together (socially distanced, obviously) or if I order my season ticket first, will it then block off my friends seats either side and then they will be relocated to the other end of the stand?! A significant reason for us all going is the social side of it, rather than just physically watching the match.
Season ticket prices on 11:21 - Aug 5 with 7642 viewsDalenet

Season ticket prices on 10:55 - Aug 5 by Brierls

How about a WELL DONE for pricing season tickets sensibly?

Thank you to the club for not taking the opportunity to hike up prices in an effort to boost a standard income stream. Such an increase would have priced many fans out and would have been a kick in the teeth for those who loyally support the club by purchasing a season ticket every season.

Accuse the club of being 'out of touch' with the fan base all you like, but this pricing shows it's not all bad. I also suspect the Trust have been heavily involved in trying to strike a balance here and that is to be applauded.

Aren't you at all worried that even if we sell all the season tickets at this price, the post tax revenue raised for the club doesn't even cover all of the shortfall seen over the last 5 months as announced by the Chairman yesterday. Thus not a single penny will go to cover the costs of the upcoming season and there will be no additional ticket revenue given the capacity constraint

I know the club is damned whatever it does, but I think we should at least check the smell test before we salute the outcome. Remember Bury?

Of course the club maybe expecting a £3m PL/FL bounty coming over the hill...
Season ticket prices on 11:25 - Aug 5 with 7612 viewsJames1980

Season ticket prices on 11:09 - Aug 5 by Will_RAFC

I think the prices are very fair, taking into account the current situation and the prices of other League One clubs.

I do have a question though, and I understand this is a logistical nightmare but wondering if anything can be done.

Theirs a group of around 10 of us who all have season tickets together in the Pearl Street. Is there any way we will be able to be grouped together (socially distanced, obviously) or if I order my season ticket first, will it then block off my friends seats either side and then they will be relocated to the other end of the stand?! A significant reason for us all going is the social side of it, rather than just physically watching the match.

Email the club put in the current seat and season ticket numbers and Cc in the group you go with and ask if you can be seated within the same vicinity with distancing.

Season ticket prices on 11:27 - Aug 5 with 7597 viewssuttonlegendhillgod

Am I in some sort of parallel universe? We have been told that capacity is maximum 2170,a fear of a a second wave and winter will mean that social distancing is not going to alter,certainly this calendar year and who knows how long into next. So the club are selling season tickets as per normal!!!!! Sandy Lane???? How???? Wilbutts not mentioned. Are they still expecting 3,000 Sunderland to travel down????? Do not understand the plan at all
Season ticket prices on 11:29 - Aug 5 with 7581 viewsboromat

I'm not sure the limited capacity really gets addressed. Is there only 2170 cards available for sale? Or will they sell for a full capacity and then each game is a lottery with some missing out and having an ifollow pass?

Or do they not expect to sell that many this year.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season ticket prices on 11:34 - Aug 5 with 7541 viewsBrierls

Season ticket prices on 11:21 - Aug 5 by Dalenet

Aren't you at all worried that even if we sell all the season tickets at this price, the post tax revenue raised for the club doesn't even cover all of the shortfall seen over the last 5 months as announced by the Chairman yesterday. Thus not a single penny will go to cover the costs of the upcoming season and there will be no additional ticket revenue given the capacity constraint

I know the club is damned whatever it does, but I think we should at least check the smell test before we salute the outcome. Remember Bury?

Of course the club maybe expecting a £3m PL/FL bounty coming over the hill...

Of course I'm worried. I'm also fairly confident that a big price increase, in an attempt to cover that shortfall, would have resulted in resentment among fans and even less money coming in.

You are correct, the club is damned whatever it does. I'm not sure where the balance is and I wouldn't want to be the ones making the decisions.
Season ticket prices on 11:34 - Aug 5 with 7540 viewsfermin

My plan is to get a season ticket as usual and take advantage of the plan to allow someone else to use my seat if I cannot make it, as is more likely this season. I do not anticipate getting to many games this season until train travel restrictions are more relaxed.

Does this mean that we are likely not to be able to go to away games for quite a while as I imagine other clubs will have similar restrictions?
Season ticket prices on 11:39 - Aug 5 with 7489 viewsMass_Debater

Season ticket prices on 11:27 - Aug 5 by suttonlegendhillgod

Am I in some sort of parallel universe? We have been told that capacity is maximum 2170,a fear of a a second wave and winter will mean that social distancing is not going to alter,certainly this calendar year and who knows how long into next. So the club are selling season tickets as per normal!!!!! Sandy Lane???? How???? Wilbutts not mentioned. Are they still expecting 3,000 Sunderland to travel down????? Do not understand the plan at all

Willbutts = Reside Stand
Season ticket prices on 11:40 - Aug 5 with 7476 viewsAtThePeake

Most of this is addressed in the link to the trust site that Chaff posted higher up.

Tangled up in blue.

Season ticket prices on 11:42 - Aug 5 with 7462 viewsBrierls

Do yourself a favour and read the articles.

The 'Reside Sales and Lettings Agency' stand is the Wilbutts Lane stand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024