Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 10:09 - Aug 5 with 43457 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/20-21_sts_announcement/

£200 Sandy
£270 Pearl
£335 Main

[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 10:13]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season ticket prices on 11:44 - Aug 5 with 2512 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Season ticket prices on 10:59 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

I don't know the answer to that yet, Chaff, but will find out in time.

Is an online version available, or could one be available, which could be purchased, say for a couple of quid?

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Season ticket prices on 11:44 - Aug 5 with 2507 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 11:08 - Aug 5 by isitme

A really interesting proposal. As expected the prices have increased, but not excessively so. I really like the family rewards card, which will pay for itself after purchasing six tickets and allow the club to collect more data and target non season ticket holders to encourage them to attend more often.

Agree about the Family Rewards card, showing the required thinking outside the box

Slightly confused though, about the "family" moniker? Does it refer to your own family, or is a "Dale family" reference?

Think it's the option i'll be going for, allowing maximum flexibility. Another question though: does this "family" card allow the freedom to choose which part of the ground you can go into, on an ad hoc basis, or is tied to a specific stand? It'd be great if it were the former, but not sure how that would work in terms of numbers allowed per stand

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season ticket prices on 11:48 - Aug 5 with 2474 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 11:44 - Aug 5 by D_Alien

Agree about the Family Rewards card, showing the required thinking outside the box

Slightly confused though, about the "family" moniker? Does it refer to your own family, or is a "Dale family" reference?

Think it's the option i'll be going for, allowing maximum flexibility. Another question though: does this "family" card allow the freedom to choose which part of the ground you can go into, on an ad hoc basis, or is tied to a specific stand? It'd be great if it were the former, but not sure how that would work in terms of numbers allowed per stand

Plus it would all depend how many “non ST holders” tickets are available each game, those could be very limited or plentiful dependent on how sales go. It’s really hard to judge.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season ticket prices on 11:50 - Aug 5 with 2453 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 11:48 - Aug 5 by 442Dale

Plus it would all depend how many “non ST holders” tickets are available each game, those could be very limited or plentiful dependent on how sales go. It’s really hard to judge.

Very good point!

So, purchasing a "Family" Rewards Card doesn't necessarily mean you get into a game?

Season ticket prices on 11:54 - Aug 5 with 2432 viewsBrierls

Season ticket prices on 11:44 - Aug 5 by D_Alien

I think it's a club membership scheme. Like 'Dale Club', but the first rule of 'Dale Club' is we don't talk about 'Dale Club'. So we've called in 'Dale Family'.

I think it missed the '*if available' from the purchase of tickets. It doesn't read as stand specific, you simply get a discount on the matchday ticket price, whatever stand that may be. In the case of lockdown capacity, you'd have to assume that you'd struggle for a ticket, depending on season ticket sales, as they'd have to assume season ticket holders will attend.
Season ticket prices on 11:58 - Aug 5 with 2390 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 11:54 - Aug 5 by Brierls

I think it's a club membership scheme. Like 'Dale Club', but the first rule of 'Dale Club' is we don't talk about 'Dale Club'. So we've called in 'Dale Family'.

I think it missed the '*if available' from the purchase of tickets. It doesn't read as stand specific, you simply get a discount on the matchday ticket price, whatever stand that may be. In the case of lockdown capacity, you'd have to assume that you'd struggle for a ticket, depending on season ticket sales, as they'd have to assume season ticket holders will attend.

Cheers, that's how i read it, but there's also a Family option that includes the "2 Adults, 2 Juniors" ...

Hmm. Food for thought, since i was planning on picking and choosing my games this next season anyway, for quite a variety of reasons

Season ticket prices on 11:59 - Aug 5 with 2386 viewsisitme

Season ticket prices on 11:54 - Aug 5 by Brierls

This is where I have a concern regarding capacity restrictions. You often get people who buy, for a number of reasons, kids season tickets that are very rarely used. This could limit sales of tickets to other supporters who would like to attend games. I know people cannot always attend games for whatever reason, but I suppose with the electronic entry system if the ticket is not used for a number of games questions can be asked with the ticket potentially being cancelled?
Season ticket prices on 12:00 - Aug 5 with 2380 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 11:44 - Aug 5 by foreverhopefulDale

Is an online version available, or could one be available, which could be purchased, say for a couple of quid?

There are no plans for an online version. They simply aren't worth the time.and effort for a club with our attendances.

We are planning to do the normal programme otherwise, although we haven't decided yet about the games behind closed doors.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices on 12:01 - Aug 5 with 2366 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 12:00 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

There are no plans for an online version. They simply aren't worth the time.and effort for a club with our attendances.

We are planning to do the normal programme otherwise, although we haven't decided yet about the games behind closed doors.

How about a programme behind closed doors?

Season ticket prices on 12:08 - Aug 5 with 2327 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 12:01 - Aug 5 by D_Alien

How about a programme behind closed doors?

More like closed curtains!

Season ticket prices on 12:24 - Aug 5 with 2247 viewsD_Alien

Not that it'll affect me, but assume the Family (as opposed to Dale family) ticket option, for 2 adults/2 juniors for the Pearl St only, would allow all 4 to sit together?

The blurb says only groups of 2 or 3 allowed to sit together

Season ticket prices on 12:27 - Aug 5 with 2241 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Season ticket prices on 12:00 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

Isn’t it produced on a computer? Surely it can’t involve much time and effort to send to someone in exchange for an online payment, from the Club. Not suggesting there would be many takers, but it would be all straight profit for the Club. People who cannot attend would be able to read it, and maybe those who have a printed copy would like to have an electronic copy.

Season ticket prices on 12:40 - Aug 5 with 2192 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 12:27 - Aug 5 by foreverhopefulDale

Isn’t it produced on a computer? Surely it can’t involve much time and effort to send to someone in exchange for an online payment, from the Club. Not suggesting there would be many takers, but it would be all straight profit for the Club. People who cannot attend would be able to read it, and maybe those who have a printed copy would like to have an electronic copy.

The time and effort comes in putting something together that may only be read by a handful of people. It doesn't appear on that computer by osmosis!

Oxford did one for their play-off semi-final v Portsmouth and hardly sold any. The difference there is that their programme is compiled by a member of the media staff as part of his job. That isn't the case at Dale.

In addition, the designer also still needs paying, so unless his costs are covered, there wouldn't be any profit for the club.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 12:44]

Season ticket prices on 12:47 - Aug 5 with 2145 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 11:58 - Aug 5 by D_Alien

Cheers, that's how i read it, but there's also a Family option that includes the "2 Adults, 2 Juniors" ...

Hmm. Food for thought, since i was planning on picking and choosing my games this next season anyway, for quite a variety of reasons

More food for thought is that there will be a lot more midweek games due to us having lost around seven matchdays by 12th September.

Those games will have to be arranged for midweeks, which will mean a higher number of home fans can't attend, thereby leaving more space for the likes of yourself.

Season ticket prices on 12:55 - Aug 5 with 2114 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Season ticket prices on 12:40 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

The time and effort comes in putting something together that may only be read by a handful of people. It doesn't appear on that computer by osmosis!

Oxford did one for their play-off semi-final v Portsmouth and hardly sold any. The difference there is that their programme is compiled by a member of the media staff as part of his job. That isn't the case at Dale.

In addition, the designer also still needs paying, so unless his costs are covered, there wouldn't be any profit for the club.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 12:44]

How does it arrive at the printers when it has designed, and composed?

Season ticket prices on 12:55 - Aug 5 with 2109 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 12:47 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

More food for thought is that there will be a lot more midweek games due to us having lost around seven matchdays by 12th September.

Those games will have to be arranged for midweeks, which will mean a higher number of home fans can't attend, thereby leaving more space for the likes of yourself.

Hmm, fair point

It was some of the dreary frozen-to-the-bollox midweek winter games i was thinking of giving a miss!

Really enjoy midweek games early or late in the season though

Season ticket prices on 12:57 - Aug 5 with 2100 viewsAncoats_Blue

100% renewing. I’d told myself if the sandy prices remained at £250 or less I was in. I’m missing football so much. That first game back, the pints with friends and family, moaning about how we “played well and were the better team for 75% of the game but... still lost 3-0“ will feel so good.
Season ticket prices on 13:05 - Aug 5 with 2065 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 12:55 - Aug 5 by foreverhopefulDale

How does it arrive at the printers when it has designed, and composed?

By email

Season ticket prices on 13:27 - Aug 5 with 2007 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Season ticket prices on 13:05 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

By email

So can’t it be sent by the Club to people who purchase options online, by email? That’s how I receive many newsletters and magazines nowadays.

Season ticket prices on 13:33 - Aug 5 with 1985 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 13:27 - Aug 5 by foreverhopefulDale

So can’t it be sent by the Club to people who purchase options online, by email? That’s how I receive many newsletters and magazines nowadays.

As I explained, the programme isn't compiled by the club as such and there are a number of costs that need to be covered before it gets to the printers or before it is launched digitally.

There would need to be a guarantee that sales figures would cover those costs, that I don't believe would be the case.

Also, the programme is part of the match-going experience, which your other newsletters and magazines aren't.

It's just not financially viable; if it was, every club in the country would do it and hardly anyone does.

Season ticket prices on 13:42 - Aug 5 with 1946 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Season ticket prices on 13:33 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

As I explained, the programme isn't compiled by the club as such and there are a number of costs that need to be covered before it gets to the printers or before it is launched digitally.

There would need to be a guarantee that sales figures would cover those costs, that I don't believe would be the case.

Also, the programme is part of the match-going experience, which your other newsletters and magazines aren't.

It's just not financially viable; if it was, every club in the country would do it and hardly anyone does.

Ok, thanks.

Season ticket prices on 13:53 - Aug 5 with 1901 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 13:42 - Aug 5 by foreverhopefulDale

Ok, thanks.

No problem.

I'd love to produce something digitally and on paper, but it's too cost prohibitive for a club of our size.

Season ticket prices on 14:10 - Aug 5 with 1840 views49thseason

So, have I got this right?....
A Sandy Lane End season ticket is £200 which the official site is touting as being great value at £8.70p per game. The assumption there being 23 games, but we know that games will be played behind closed doors until October. The season is due to start on the 12th September which means there will be 3 Saturdays; 12th,19th,26th on which we may be at home once or possibly twice. so the season ticket will be for either 22 or 21 games. £200 /22 = £9.09 per game, £200 . 21 =£9.52 per game.
I don't have a problem with the club saying a season ticket will be for all home league games available will be £200 but basing its sales pitch on 23 games is being economical with the truth to say the least.
Season ticket prices on 14:12 - Aug 5 with 1834 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 14:10 - Aug 5 by 49thseason

So, have I got this right?....
A Sandy Lane End season ticket is £200 which the official site is touting as being great value at £8.70p per game. The assumption there being 23 games, but we know that games will be played behind closed doors until October. The season is due to start on the 12th September which means there will be 3 Saturdays; 12th,19th,26th on which we may be at home once or possibly twice. so the season ticket will be for either 22 or 21 games. £200 /22 = £9.09 per game, £200 . 21 =£9.52 per game.
I don't have a problem with the club saying a season ticket will be for all home league games available will be £200 but basing its sales pitch on 23 games is being economical with the truth to say the least.

You can watch the game on iFollow if it's not possible to attend.

I know that's not the same thing, but it's better than nowt.

Season ticket prices on 14:49 - Aug 5 with 1753 viewsfunkkk

I think this is a decent attempt from the club to strike the right balance.

For me though it probably wouldn't work for any kind of saving. I'd imagine there'll be 2-3 home games BCD and an increased number of midweek games which I struggle with. I reckon there'll be 13 home games max I can attend.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024