Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 10:09 - Aug 5 with 43480 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/20-21_sts_announcement/

£200 Sandy
£270 Pearl
£335 Main

[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 10:13]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season ticket prices on 14:50 - Aug 5 with 2769 viewsjonahwhereru

Can some please clarify is the first 3 games of the season:

A) the first 3 matches home matches for all clubs will be behind closed doors. Presume this is the case

B) The first 3 fixtures on the calendar are behind closed doors.

If B the clubs will be awaiting the fixtures praying they are drawn away on the opening day.
Season ticket prices on 14:59 - Aug 5 with 2724 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 14:50 - Aug 5 by jonahwhereru

Can some please clarify is the first 3 games of the season:

A) the first 3 matches home matches for all clubs will be behind closed doors. Presume this is the case

B) The first 3 fixtures on the calendar are behind closed doors.

If B the clubs will be awaiting the fixtures praying they are drawn away on the opening day.

The season starts on 12th September and, at the moment, there are plans to admit fans from 3rd October.

We don't know yet how many games will be in that period, but I reckon there will be 12th/19th/26th September, plus a midweek game.

I say only one midweek match, as the second round of the Carabao Cup might be in there somewhere, as the first round is scheduled to take place before the league fixtures.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season ticket prices on 15:17 - Aug 5 with 2641 viewsfunkkk

As we now have carded entry why couldn't we just sell 'season' tickets for the next 23 home league games that aren't played behind closed doors?
Season ticket prices on 15:58 - Aug 5 with 2559 views49thseason

Season ticket prices on 15:17 - Aug 5 by funkkk

As we now have carded entry why couldn't we just sell 'season' tickets for the next 23 home league games that aren't played behind closed doors?

You would presume they could sell almost any number of "tickets" giving a huge flexibility so "Just Saturday tickets", or "any 5 games at home".
It always bemuses me that we have an average of over 7000 empty seats and so few ways of buying tickets.
Season ticket prices on 16:18 - Aug 5 with 2508 viewsdale18

When are the fixtures released?
Season ticket prices on 16:19 - Aug 5 with 2505 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 16:18 - Aug 5 by dale18

When are the fixtures released?

21st August

Season ticket prices on 17:12 - Aug 5 with 2427 viewswozzrafc

Season ticket prices on 11:42 - Aug 5 by Brierls

Do yourself a favour and read the articles.

The 'Reside Sales and Lettings Agency' stand is the Wilbutts Lane stand.

I think that’s a little unfair Brierls. I was confused with the statement on the official site. It was only when I noticed chaffs link that I found the trust article, which is more detailed. You shouldn’t have to look on sites other than the official one for full explanations. However even still I have unanswered questions.

What is the cost of the reside (Wilbutts )stand tickets. I have a season ticket for the sandy but with the reduced capacity I may be moved into the Wilbutts for £200? or will it be more?

As I understand it there will be 2170 season cards up for grabs, it appears first come first served. For the games between sept and oct BCD the season card holders will get a replacment ifollow pass.

Once all the season cards have been sold what will happen to the other fans who have not been able to get a season ticket? I suppose they will have to by an ifollow pass for each game? how much will that be? Will there be an opportunity to by a Ifollow season ticket?

What happens if the restrictions on capacity are lifted half way through the season? Will additional season cards be made available

I applaud the club on the spirit of the season ticket pricing but the white elephant of the reduced capacity is unclear. There are approx. 3000 home season ticket holders as I seem to recall so approx a third are going to be disappointed, and what happens to fans who can’t get a season card hasn’t been addressed fully imho.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 17:13]
Season ticket prices on 19:03 - Aug 5 with 2269 viewsblackdogblue

Season ticket prices on 14:59 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

The season starts on 12th September and, at the moment, there are plans to admit fans from 3rd October.

We don't know yet how many games will be in that period, but I reckon there will be 12th/19th/26th September, plus a midweek game.

I say only one midweek match, as the second round of the Carabao Cup might be in there somewhere, as the first round is scheduled to take place before the league fixtures.

Based on that theory ie: 4 games behind closed doors will most probably be 2 home & 2 away don’t forget...

£335 for a Main Stand ticket / 22 games = £15.22 a match & the club have said reserved seats are not guaranteed at the moment which I understand why but having sat there for 10 years + is a bit hard to swallow.

It would cost for me, Mrs BDB & my boy £755, with a reduced playing squad budget & things still unclear about the fixtures being allowed from October, very sadly I will not be renewing any of ours this year.

If / when things calm down, I reckon picking up on pay on the day for a few matches & you never know half season tickets may re-appear is the way forward for me this season...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices on 19:20 - Aug 5 with 2225 viewsAncoats_Blue

Does anyone know if this 20% applies to all clubs and all levels? I’ve had a google and can’t find much.
Assuming away games are off the cards I might chuck my lot into a local non league club if I can when Dale are away. Preferably somewhere I can take the dog and have a pint...
Season ticket prices on 19:28 - Aug 5 with 2205 viewsblackdogblue

Season ticket prices on 19:20 - Aug 5 by Ancoats_Blue

Does anyone know if this 20% applies to all clubs and all levels? I’ve had a google and can’t find much.
Assuming away games are off the cards I might chuck my lot into a local non league club if I can when Dale are away. Preferably somewhere I can take the dog and have a pint...

Bacup Borough 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Season ticket prices on 19:29 - Aug 5 with 2198 viewsAncoats_Blue

Season ticket prices on 19:28 - Aug 5 by blackdogblue

Bacup Borough 😀

Too far for me! Thinking West Didsbury , Glossop or Buxton ;)
Season ticket prices on 19:31 - Aug 5 with 2189 viewsShun

Very (pleasantly) surprised at those prices. I expected them to be much higher and I wouldn’t have been unhappy if they had been. They’re still fantastic value.

As someone else said, the whole thing will be a logistical nightmare and I don’t envy the clerical staff one bit!
Season ticket prices on 20:39 - Aug 5 with 2067 viewsTVOS1907

The 20% applies to all clubs.

Season ticket prices on 22:39 - Aug 5 with 1896 viewsRAFCBLUE

Silence from the club on away fan attendance; you have to assume not on the basis of only 2,170 places to go to home fans.

The removal of the Country season ticket is a blow for Exiles; the £25 family pass alternative is good if you attend a fair number of games but uneconomical for under 5 games which itself is reduced capacity.

Neither Exiles not visitors are allowed into Rochdale currently so it's probably a moot point!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Season ticket prices on 22:44 - Aug 5 with 1878 viewsAncoats_Blue

Season ticket prices on 22:39 - Aug 5 by RAFCBLUE

Silence from the club on away fan attendance; you have to assume not on the basis of only 2,170 places to go to home fans.

The removal of the Country season ticket is a blow for Exiles; the £25 family pass alternative is good if you attend a fair number of games but uneconomical for under 5 games which itself is reduced capacity.

Neither Exiles not visitors are allowed into Rochdale currently so it's probably a moot point!

Not sure your last point is correct. Anyone can travel freely around the UK. The “lockdown” applies to those of us in Gtr Manchester , East Lancs and West Yorkshire. Basically we’re not supposed to see family members inside of theirs or our own home or go to the pub with them. But we could see them outside. And we could go to the pub and sit in a room full of strangers...
Season ticket prices on 22:46 - Aug 5 with 1865 viewsTVOS1907

From here: https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/08/update-from-the-trust/

Will there be any away supporters?

There will be no away supporters during the restrictions, and there will be no scouts or free tickets available to allow as many Dale fans as possible to attend matches.

Season ticket prices on 23:50 - Aug 5 with 1785 viewsJames1980

Season ticket prices on 22:46 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

There will be no away supporters during the restrictions, and there will be no scouts or free tickets available to allow as many Dale fans as possible to attend matches.

As missed games can be offered for resale I am considering renewing. Hopefully the local lockdown will be eased. I might consider driving to matches rather than getting the train though

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season ticket prices on 00:24 - Aug 6 with 1755 viewsAtThePeake

On the Exiles ticket, am I right in remembering it was £125 in the Main Stand last season for 10 games? (Happy to be corrected on this if I'm wrong)

So with the £25 fee to join, plus the cost of the match tickets, you'd only get to five games for the same price this season?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Season ticket prices on 00:25 - Aug 6 with 1755 viewsAtThePeake

Season ticket prices on 19:29 - Aug 5 by Ancoats_Blue

Too far for me! Thinking West Didsbury , Glossop or Buxton ;)

Great, friendly atmosphere down at West Dids, would recommend an afternoon there on the krombacher if you get the chance.

Tangled up in blue.

Season ticket prices on 07:02 - Aug 6 with 1647 viewsRAFCBLUE

Season ticket prices on 22:46 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

Thanks, TVOS.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Season ticket prices on 07:15 - Aug 6 with 1622 viewsRAFCBLUE

Season ticket prices on 22:44 - Aug 5 by Ancoats_Blue

Not sure your last point is correct. Anyone can travel freely around the UK. The “lockdown” applies to those of us in Gtr Manchester , East Lancs and West Yorkshire. Basically we’re not supposed to see family members inside of theirs or our own home or go to the pub with them. But we could see them outside. And we could go to the pub and sit in a room full of strangers...

I’m going from this:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/north-west-of-england-local-restrictions-what-you-ca

What will be illegal?
It will be illegal for people who do not live together to meet in a private home or garden, except for limited exceptions to be set out in law. You should not host or visit people you do not live with, unless they’re in your support bubble. If you live in the affected areas, you should not visit someone’s home or garden regardless of whether this is in or outside of the restricted area.

Can I still meet people outdoors?
In line with the national guidance, you can continue to meet in public outdoor spaces in groups of no more than 6 people, unless the group includes only people from 2 households. You cannot meet people you do not live within a private garden.

At all times, you should socially distance from people you do not live with — unless they are in your support bubble.

Given football grounds are private property, I don’t think they’re allowed to host or open up during a local lockdown.

That guidance means Exiles shouldn’t currently visit Rochdale.

It’s what the governments standard approach to second wave is going to be. Today’s no-go zone is Aberdeen.

Season ticket prices on 07:49 - Aug 6 with 1595 viewsTipperaryDale

In that case, nobody, not even exiles, would be allowed to watch the games.

I think you've misread the guidance though to be honest, pubs can be open socially distanced, and football grounds would be the same.

There is also no distinction between people who are from the lockdown zones and people who aren't - if you are in that area, you follow the guidance. So nothing about exiles not being allowed to come into Gtr Manc.
Season ticket prices on 07:56 - Aug 6 with 1582 viewsboromat

Season ticket prices on 07:49 - Aug 6 by TipperaryDale

In that case, nobody, not even exiles, would be allowed to watch the games.

I think you've misread the guidance though to be honest, pubs can be open socially distanced, and football grounds would be the same.

There is also no distinction between people who are from the lockdown zones and people who aren't - if you are in that area, you follow the guidance. So nothing about exiles not being allowed to come into Gtr Manc.

The worry is that football stadiums are given special treatment like the gyms etc that have been told to close up again for local lockdowns. Obviously the guidance hasn't yet reopened football stadiums so they aren't currently mentioned but I worry they could be in future especially as they've been one of the last things to reopen.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season ticket prices on 09:31 - Aug 6 with 1492 viewsnordenblue

Season ticket prices on 07:56 - Aug 6 by boromat

The worry is that football stadiums are given special treatment like the gyms etc that have been told to close up again for local lockdowns. Obviously the guidance hasn't yet reopened football stadiums so they aren't currently mentioned but I worry they could be in future especially as they've been one of the last things to reopen.

The bigger question is why the fook are they even considering opening stadiums yet to any fans while even more so locally they are still in some sort of bloody lockdown, not allowed to meet in your own sodding garden miles away from your gran yet perfectly fine to go in a football ground surrounded by hundreds of others in only a few weeks,it beggars belief.

Its obviously purely for financial reasons, as the headaches its causing and the planning seems more hassle than its bloody worth especially until this virus is under some sort of control at least.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2020 9:32]
Season ticket prices on 10:32 - Aug 6 with 1414 viewsDaleiLama

Been thinking about this obliquely on behalf of three main stand senior ST holders who are thinking of not renewing.

Firstly, at £19/ticket for seniors to p-o-t-d in the main stand, the payback comes at attending 18+ games out of 23 with the proposed new scheme, and since the first few will be missing and maybe more (?), add in uncertainty about missing some games for personal reasons and this offer doesn't look attractive purely on paper. Of course the flip side is the uncertainty or probably likelihood of not getting in on p-o-t-d with limited tickets available.

Then I got to thinking about buying a ST in the Sandy. Of course, you could end up allocated in the Sandy and if standing for 90 minutes isn't an option, then it wouldn't work. But what, hypothetically, would the club do if they got 2170 applications for STs in the Sandy? Most would have to be reallocated to more expensive seats but the punter could argue they wanted the Sandy. Would the club have to honour all the £200 applications and relocate most or would they check where you sat last season and only allow a like-for-like application this year. Potentially unfair to anyone wanting to downgrade their ticket.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024