Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? 13:00 - Aug 5 with 3169 viewsmattydinho

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: BBM

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 16:29 - Aug 5 with 2987 viewsDalenet

Yes if he is free and doesn't want paying we can afford him. So why not?
Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 18:36 - Aug 5 with 2835 viewsboromat

I've put no just because we probably can't afford his wages.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 07:40 - Aug 6 with 2601 viewstodmordendale

I’m surprised by the yes vote. Just because a player is available for free does not make suitability satisfactory.
I was never confident in his ability during his previous time at the club.
Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 11:13 - Aug 6 with 2494 viewstony_roch975

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 07:40 - Aug 6 by todmordendale

I’m surprised by the yes vote. Just because a player is available for free does not make suitability satisfactory.

but for those of us who are confident in his ability and felt his Dale career was wrecked by Hill's prejudiced approach to certain players (Cannon was another) a yes vote makes sense

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 11:20 - Aug 6 with 2479 viewsrochdaleriddler

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 07:40 - Aug 6 by todmordendale

I thought he was a good versatile player

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 12:26 - Aug 6 with 2406 viewsBrierls

Versatility is key in a squad that's going to be a light as we are. Rhys would probably be brought in as a right back, who is very comfortable at centre half, and can also play a holding midfield role. I think he played well at centre half for Mansfield and thats what got him his move to Posh.

BUT...I very much doubt he'll be in our wage bracket. Both Mansfield and Posh pay considerably more than us, so he'll be asking for decent money even in these times.

I'd love to see him back but can't see it.
Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 12:31 - Aug 6 with 2395 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 11:13 - Aug 6 by tony_roch975

but for those of us who are confident in his ability and felt his Dale career was wrecked by Hill's prejudiced approach to certain players (Cannon was another) a yes vote makes sense

That’s my thoughts on him too. Good player, if we could afford him.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 13:08 - Aug 6 with 2329 viewsD_Alien

I'd have him back

If BBM were interested, nowt wrong with making him an offer. It's fine for footballers and their agents to ask for £X but in today's covid market, securing a contract must be first priority

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 13:43 - Aug 6 with 2291 viewsboromat

I think when we had him first time round we probably had a good value versatile player saying that he wasn't outstanding and had an error or two in him. I've not seen him play for a while but from what I've heard he's settled into a position and done relatively well. I don't think we'd be getting the same player back and it'd be on a higher wage. I wouldn't be against signing him I just think there's probably better value for money out there.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 14:00 - Aug 6 with 2252 viewsrichfoad32

I think it was his versatility that was his undoing first time around. Never got a settled run in any position and seemed to fall out of favour with Hill. As soon as he moved to Mansfield he was their player of the season at centre half and I would take him at least as cover for there and probably more often than not the starter as I don't have a great deal of faith in McShane's ability to stay healthy.

Also provided his wages don't compromise our chances of signing Eero Maarkinen of course...
Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 23:54 - Aug 6 with 2043 viewsjokerthief

I would rather have Joe Rafferty back from Preston..
Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 01:24 - Aug 7 with 2007 viewsAtThePeake

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 23:54 - Aug 6 by jokerthief

I would rather have Joe Rafferty back from Preston..

I think we all would, but he's still contracted and first choice at Preston so might as well say you'd prefer Trent Alexander-Arnold!

Tangled up in blue.

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 07:49 - Aug 7 with 1909 viewsNorthernDale

There is more chance of us signing Alan Bennett, then Rhys Bennett.
Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 07:53 - Aug 7 with 1905 viewsJames1980

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 07:49 - Aug 7 by NorthernDale

There is more chance of us signing Alan Bennett, then Rhys Bennett.

What position does Gordon Bennett play

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 08:20 - Aug 7 with 1884 viewsDaleiLama

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 07:53 - Aug 7 by James1980

What position does Gordon Bennett play

Usually attack or defence is when he gets most mentions, normally after a howler

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Should we sign Rhys Bennett on a free? on 19:57 - Aug 10 with 1566 viewsJames1980

You've missed this chap

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024