Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Droylsden FC 16:01 - Aug 6 with 2478 viewsDalenet

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/droylsden-f

Droylsden have sad;y resigned from the Northern Premier as they have no income to manage through. Sadly they won't be the first.
Droylsden FC on 16:09 - Aug 6 with 2449 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Droylsden FC on 16:45 - Aug 6 with 2328 viewsSuddenLad

Droylsden FC on 16:09 - Aug 6 by James1980

Very sad, but Droylsden (according to the newspaper article), wasn't formed until 1982, so much of the other stuff is irrelevant. Predictably the M.P. is 'devastated'. How many games has she attended, I wonder?

Still a pity that some of these billionaire clubs can't stump up some loose change to help out, but of course, they will claim that they 'aren't a charity'.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2020 16:48]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Droylsden FC on 16:53 - Aug 6 with 2294 viewsjudd

Droylsden FC on 16:45 - Aug 6 by SuddenLad

Very sad, but Droylsden (according to the newspaper article), wasn't formed until 1982, so much of the other stuff is irrelevant. Predictably the M.P. is 'devastated'. How many games has she attended, I wonder?

Still a pity that some of these billionaire clubs can't stump up some loose change to help out, but of course, they will claim that they 'aren't a charity'.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2020 16:48]

I agree with the need to cascade more money down the football pyramid from the upper echelons, but Droylsden haven't gone bust as the article suggests. They have resigned from playing matches next season. It may lead to ceasing to exist.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Droylsden FC on 16:57 - Aug 6 with 2282 viewsAncoats_Blue

That’s a real shame. Only went to the Butchers Arms once but it was an enjoyable evening. Good pies and pints and friendly locals. I’d imagine there’ll be consolidation of clubs all over the country but especially locally. Greater Manchester has so many, old, traditional non league clubs vying for a paying customer along with two giants and some lesser draws of local EFL sides on your doorstep it must be so difficult to keep going.
Droylsden FC on 19:45 - Aug 6 with 2061 viewsSandyman

Apologies as this is a few days old but Dover Athletic on the edge as well
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53638190
Droylsden FC on 21:00 - Aug 6 with 1931 viewsjudd

Droylsden FC on 19:45 - Aug 6 by Sandyman

Apologies as this is a few days old but Dover Athletic on the edge as well
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53638190

They couldn't get much closer to it

Poll: What is it to be then?

Droylsden FC on 19:51 - Aug 10 with 1402 viewsdalenumber2

Droylesden? Am I imagining this but I seem to have a bad memory of crashing out of the FA Cup to them years ago at Spotland. Back in the bad old days, maybe late 70s? .
Droylsden FC on 19:54 - Aug 10 with 1389 viewsEllDale

Please don’t remind me of that wretched Saturday afternoon.
November 1978 if I remember correctly and Mike Ferguson’s last game in charge.
We did well to get nil that day.
Login to get fewer ads

Droylsden FC on 21:15 - Aug 10 with 1294 viewsrobshaker

latest one being FC Utd Friday night on Sky 2-3 at home few year ago they weren't even where they are now..
Droylsden FC on 21:34 - Aug 10 with 1265 viewskel

What division are Woking in these days, Rob?

Boooooooooo, Boooooooooooo.
Droylsden FC on 21:46 - Aug 10 with 1244 viewsrobshaker

Droylsden FC on 21:34 - Aug 10 by kel

What division are Woking in these days, Rob?

Boooooooooo, Boooooooooooo.

hi Kelly, national league wernt they what league were FC in??

Hey I went to the Chorley 1-2 away loss in FA cup 1990, Sam Ellis Bury Manager and Ronnie Mauge got our 1think they were in the ryman league or summut I still got the programme somewhere.

that was a sh it coach journey back.
Droylsden FC on 21:49 - Aug 10 with 1234 viewskel

Droylsden FC on 21:46 - Aug 10 by robshaker

hi Kelly, national league wernt they what league were FC in??

Hey I went to the Chorley 1-2 away loss in FA cup 1990, Sam Ellis Bury Manager and Ronnie Mauge got our 1think they were in the ryman league or summut I still got the programme somewhere.

that was a sh it coach journey back.

Can’t remember, lad.

My mate is manager of Chorley now (not sure if I’ve mentioned it) and he’s promised to look after me and the kids when we go and watch them next season. You can tag along if you like and relive some memories. It’ll be like Salford City level before you started supporting them
Droylsden FC on 22:06 - Aug 10 with 1199 viewsrobshaker

Droylsden FC on 21:49 - Aug 10 by kel

Can’t remember, lad.

My mate is manager of Chorley now (not sure if I’ve mentioned it) and he’s promised to look after me and the kids when we go and watch them next season. You can tag along if you like and relive some memories. It’ll be like Salford City level before you started supporting them

!!! who is Chorleys manager now? ive watched Salford off n on for years lad never in football league but I did go to one game v Barrow im sure it was the National last year.

Moor Lane is closer to me than Gigg but anyway where are Chorley now national north?
Droylsden FC on 22:12 - Aug 10 with 1184 viewskel

Droylsden FC on 22:06 - Aug 10 by robshaker

!!! who is Chorleys manager now? ive watched Salford off n on for years lad never in football league but I did go to one game v Barrow im sure it was the National last year.

Moor Lane is closer to me than Gigg but anyway where are Chorley now national north?

Aye. Back down after one season in the national league but R Jamie will fire them up again. Signed some decent players but let a lot go who’ve been there a while so will be interesting. They might even have one of our players on their radar for a loan spell...

I’ll give you a shout when we’re going over and you come as my plus 1 x
Droylsden FC on 22:45 - Aug 10 with 1140 viewsdingdangblue

Droylsden FC on 21:00 - Aug 6 by judd

They couldn't get much closer to it

Maybe they could organise a fund raising friendly with Cardiff - invite the bluebirds over.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024