Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macclesfield Relegated 19:11 - Aug 11 with 3785 viewsboromat

What a farce of a season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Macclesfield Relegated on 19:33 - Aug 11 with 3718 viewsJames1980

So is another club going to be promoted to League 2 then?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Macclesfield Relegated on 19:41 - Aug 11 with 3692 viewsmacro

Macclesfield Relegated on 19:33 - Aug 11 by James1980

Stevenage get a reprieve
Macclesfield Relegated on 19:55 - Aug 11 with 3642 viewsTVOS1907

Why, James?

Macclesfield go down, Barrow & Harrogate come up and we have 92 clubs again.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Macclesfield Relegated on 20:30 - Aug 11 with 3544 viewsboromat

Stevenage get to stay up.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Macclesfield Relegated on 20:41 - Aug 11 with 3505 viewsJames1980

Just thought Macclesfield might have been going down in addition, thank you for putting me straight.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Macclesfield Relegated on 20:49 - Aug 11 with 3473 viewsrochdaleriddler

They should have used Sheffield Wednesday lawyers

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Macclesfield Relegated on 20:50 - Aug 11 with 3470 viewsTVOS1907

Macclesfield Relegated on 20:41 - Aug 11 by James1980

Just thought Macclesfield might have been going down in addition, thank you for putting me straight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53744939

Macclesfield Relegated on 22:05 - Aug 11 with 3335 views49thseason

On the bright side, I have watched a couple of Maccs U19s games on Youtube and they have a few players who might be of interest to Rochdale. Every cloud....

Tyler James looks like a prospect

[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 22:32]
Login to get fewer ads

Macclesfield Relegated on 13:41 - Aug 12 with 2870 viewsdiver

Macclesfield Relegated on 20:49 - Aug 11 by rochdaleriddler

They should have used Sheffield Wednesday lawyers

Or City’s
Macclesfield Relegated on 11:00 - Aug 13 with 2615 viewsAncoats_Blue

Another club with dodgy owners. Lots of protests from fans over the season to remove them and their penny pinching and lack of payment to staff and players. I think the chairman has stepped down recently but still remains a major shareholder.

As said above there might be some players to pick off their squad. Though I’d imagine other local clubs like Stockport will be circling as well.
Macclesfield Relegated on 13:27 - Aug 13 with 2487 viewsTVOS1907

Macclesfield Relegated on 11:00 - Aug 13 by Ancoats_Blue

Another club with dodgy owners. Lots of protests from fans over the season to remove them and their penny pinching and lack of payment to staff and players. I think the chairman has stepped down recently but still remains a major shareholder.

As said above there might be some players to pick off their squad. Though I’d imagine other local clubs like Stockport will be circling as well.

To add to the other 9/10 signings they've already made?

Macclesfield Relegated on 13:51 - Aug 13 with 2463 viewsAncoats_Blue

Macclesfield Relegated on 13:27 - Aug 13 by TVOS1907

To add to the other 9/10 signings they've already made?

Are National League clubs going for a tilt at promotion limited to the number of signings they make in a transfer window?
Macclesfield Relegated on 13:57 - Aug 13 with 2443 viewsTVOS1907

Macclesfield Relegated on 13:51 - Aug 13 by Ancoats_Blue

Are National League clubs going for a tilt at promotion limited to the number of signings they make in a transfer window?

Dunno, but Stockport look like they're doing the same as what cost them last time.

Macclesfield Relegated on 15:07 - Aug 13 with 2380 viewsAncoats_Blue

Macclesfield Relegated on 13:57 - Aug 13 by TVOS1907

Dunno, but Stockport look like they're doing the same as what cost them last time.

Maybe. But they have also offloaded a lot of players too. I’d expect them to be in L2 next season, maybe with ourselves.
Macclesfield Relegated on 18:10 - Aug 14 with 2165 viewsTVOS1907

Macclesfield Relegated on 15:07 - Aug 13 by Ancoats_Blue

Maybe. But they have also offloaded a lot of players too. I’d expect them to be in L2 next season, maybe with ourselves.

And another signing:

Macclesfield Relegated on 19:47 - Aug 14 with 2007 viewsAncoats_Blue

Macclesfield Relegated on 18:10 - Aug 14 by TVOS1907

And another signing:

I’ve changed my mind. With signings like they’re going nowhere ;).
Jokes aside I do think they’ll go up, they’re throwing a lot at it this summer and the fans I’ve spoken to recently seem confident. It’d be good to play them again just hopefully not in the league next season.
Macclesfield Relegated on 20:05 - Aug 14 with 1970 viewsTVOS1907

Macclesfield Relegated on 19:47 - Aug 14 by Ancoats_Blue

Jokes aside I do think they’ll go up, they’re throwing a lot at it this summer and the fans I’ve spoken to recently seem confident. It’d be good to play them again just hopefully not in the league next season.

But as we saw with Notts County, it's difficult to come up from that league with only two places available.

Macclesfield Relegated on 21:58 - Aug 14 with 1885 viewsAtThePeake

Macclesfield Relegated on 19:47 - Aug 14 by Ancoats_Blue

I might be in the bitter minority but I'd rather they rotted in non-league for a while longer yet.

Tangled up in blue.

Macclesfield Relegated on 22:19 - Aug 14 with 1847 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Macclesfield Relegated on 21:58 - Aug 14 by AtThePeake

I might be in the bitter minority but I'd rather they rotted in non-league for a while longer yet.

Well said.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Macclesfield Relegated on 22:37 - Aug 14 with 1820 viewsAncoats_Blue

Macclesfield Relegated on 21:58 - Aug 14 by AtThePeake

I’d normally agree but I’ve been living in the town for a while and I’d quite like a derby game round the corner from me! That and I’m starting to appreciate the local economic benefit to a league football club. Think of the hundreds or thousands of visitors to the pubs, cafes etc into Rochdale every other week during the season and how they keep these places afloat. Stockport hasn’t benefitted from that with conference north teams and I really don’t want my favourite local going out of business! That aside I kind’ve miss some of our traditional rivals in the league. I’ll no doubt get nostalgic about bury in about 10 years. Though I’m still firmly laughing at them right now.
Still. I’d rather a club grow organically and not be bankrolled artificially (and I know Stockport did overspend before their admin 10 years ago).
Put it this way, I’d be less pissed off seeing the likes of camps and Henderson signed by a “proper” club like Stockport than Fleetwood and Salford.
Macclesfield Relegated on 22:56 - Aug 14 with 1800 viewsnordenblue

Macclesfield Relegated on 22:37 - Aug 14 by Ancoats_Blue

I’d normally agree but I’ve been living in the town for a while and I’d quite like a derby game round the corner from me! That and I’m starting to appreciate the local economic benefit to a league football club. Think of the hundreds or thousands of visitors to the pubs, cafes etc into Rochdale every other week during the season and how they keep these places afloat. Stockport hasn’t benefitted from that with conference north teams and I really don’t want my favourite local going out of business! That aside I kind’ve miss some of our traditional rivals in the league. I’ll no doubt get nostalgic about bury in about 10 years. Though I’m still firmly laughing at them right now.
Still. I’d rather a club grow organically and not be bankrolled artificially (and I know Stockport did overspend before their admin 10 years ago).
Put it this way, I’d be less pissed off seeing the likes of camps and Henderson signed by a “proper” club like Stockport than Fleetwood and Salford.

A "proper" club that robbed us at Wembley whilst their fans couldn't rub it in hard enough... fook em let them piss about in pub leagues for decades for me 🖕
Macclesfield Relegated on 11:44 - Aug 16 with 1536 viewsNorthernDale

It is rumoured that Macclesfield may seek legal action, because the EFL claims the Arbitration panel’s decision is final and binding, yet appealed it after the Stevenage said it would be unfair for them to be relegated as they were financially better run, according to the Macclesfield forum.

The EFL is not fit for purpose, because according to the papers the EFL let Sheffield Wednesday off the hook by taking to long to deal with the case, yet with other teams they implemented quicker actions. It makes you wonder what is going on in the EFL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024