Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greatest Ever Dale Game 18:15 - Aug 16 with 1444 views442Dale

Greatest Ever Dale Game

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Greatest Ever Dale Game on 18:16 - Aug 16 with 1443 views442Dale

Vote for yours from the choices above.

This competition was paused somewhat, so have included all previous poll winners and the final tie from last 16 so that an overall winner can be voted on.

If only so that the poll at the bottom of all of my posts is less random.

Greatest Ever Dale Game on 18:43 - Aug 16 with 1379 views1907

For me nothing will ever come close to the sheer emotion and noise when Davies lashed the ball into the Sandy
Greatest Ever Dale Game on 18:52 - Aug 16 with 1349 viewsD_Alien

Greatest Ever Dale Game on 18:43 - Aug 16 by 1907

For me nothing will ever come close to the sheer emotion and noise when Davies lashed the ball into the Sandy

It does ask for the greatest game, not the greatest moment

But still, the Spurs game wins, with that moment the icing on the cake of several layers, all of them great

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Greatest Ever Dale Game on 22:27 - Aug 16 with 1156 viewsShun

Greatest Ever Dale Game on 18:52 - Aug 16 by D_Alien

It does ask for the greatest game, not the greatest moment

But still, the Spurs game wins, with that moment the icing on the cake of several layers, all of them great

Spurs game for me too. As good as the United and Newcastle games were, I think we rode our luck at times. This game though, we were genuinely brilliant and went assuredly toe-to-toe with one of the top sides in the country, and in the end a draw was the very least we deserved. Sensational game.

I did love all the other games in the list though (apart from Burnley - before my time), but one I think that certainly deserves to be in there is 3-0 at Bradford that November/December night to go top of the league for the first time in my lifetime, in probably the most complete footballing performance I’ve seen from a League Two side.
Greatest Ever Dale Game on 22:30 - Aug 16 with 1152 views442Dale

Greatest Ever Dale Game on 22:27 - Aug 16 by Shun

Spurs game for me too. As good as the United and Newcastle games were, I think we rode our luck at times. This game though, we were genuinely brilliant and went assuredly toe-to-toe with one of the top sides in the country, and in the end a draw was the very least we deserved. Sensational game.

I did love all the other games in the list though (apart from Burnley - before my time), but one I think that certainly deserves to be in there is 3-0 at Bradford that November/December night to go top of the league for the first time in my lifetime, in probably the most complete footballing performance I’ve seen from a League Two side.

Bradford was one of the first round matches referred to. Lost the vote to the Leeds game.

Greatest Ever Dale Game on 22:59 - Aug 16 with 1103 viewsShun

Greatest Ever Dale Game on 22:30 - Aug 16 by 442Dale

Bradford was one of the first round matches referred to. Lost the vote to the Leeds game.

Thought I remembered it being in there. Hard luck it got drawn against Leeds.
Greatest Ever Dale Game on 02:52 - Aug 17 with 966 viewsSandyman

Not on the list but the 2-1 win v Coventry in the FA cup on a Monday afternoon in January 1971 would be a worthy entrant, as would the 3-0 v Southend in 1969. Some crackers on the poll it has to be said.
Greatest Ever Dale Game on 07:38 - Aug 17 with 910 viewsChaffRAFC

Can't look beyond the raw emotion of Ben Muirhead's penalty hitting the net. The second of silence as he's about to strike it. Davies' goal v Spurs was class, but not in the same league as that moment in the playoff game.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

Greatest Ever Dale Game on 08:25 - Aug 17 with 864 viewsroccydaleian

Greatest Ever Dale Game on 22:27 - Aug 16 by Shun

Spurs for me to, summed up very well by Shun.
My top three: Spurs, Leeds, Burnley.
Greatest Ever Dale Game on 08:28 - Aug 17 with 864 viewsfitzochris

I too voted for that Darlington game. It had all the ingredients for an emotional rollercoaster. Them scoring first, Dagnall levelling before half time, Perkins' screamer, Perkins' red card, and that final penalty kick. I think the fact a first trip to Wembley hinged on the outcome also made it a more engrossing match than the others.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Greatest Ever Dale Game on 09:54 - Aug 17 with 775 viewspioneer

Greatest Ever Dale Game on 02:52 - Aug 17 by Sandyman

Not on the list but the 2-1 win v Coventry in the FA cup on a Monday afternoon in January 1971 would be a worthy entrant, as would the 3-0 v Southend in 1969. Some crackers on the poll it has to be said.

Same for me but in reverse order....The Southend game was a carnival...and thousands marching down spotland road after the game in party atmosphere after the on field celebrations.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024