Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Lillis... 14:41 - Aug 20 with 6049 viewsTVOS1907

... on trial at Barrow, as you can see towards the end of these highlights.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Josh Lillis... on 15:36 - Aug 20 with 4392 viewsisitme

Hopefully he will get fixed up. He can still do a job in league two.
Josh Lillis... on 16:49 - Aug 20 with 4229 viewsboromat

Josh Lillis... on 15:36 - Aug 20 by isitme

Yep good luck to him

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Josh Lillis... on 16:52 - Aug 20 with 4219 viewsrochdaleriddler

Josh Lillis... on 15:36 - Aug 20 by isitme

I think he is better than what we have

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Josh Lillis... on 20:26 - Aug 20 with 3835 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Josh Lillis... on 16:52 - Aug 20 by rochdaleriddler

I wish him all the best, but how is he better than we have?

He cost us 100k last year and offered less value than Calvin, which takes some doing.

At his best he may or may not have been better than our 2 inexperienced keepers, but who really knows, time will tell.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Josh Lillis... on 20:31 - Aug 20 with 3815 viewsboromat

Josh Lillis... on 16:52 - Aug 20 by rochdaleriddler

I think what we have has the potential to be better and at a much lower cost.

Josh Lillis... on 20:44 - Aug 20 with 3782 viewsrochdaleriddler

Josh Lillis... on 20:26 - Aug 20 by Thacks_Rabbits

I wish him all the best, but how is he better than we have?

He cost us 100k last year and offered less value than Calvin, which takes some doing.

At his best he may or may not have been better than our 2 inexperienced keepers, but who really knows, time will tell.

He didn’t play, but the manager picks the team , and a previous manager gave him the contract. He is not the best, but he certainly isn’t the worst keeper we have had recently. I think his player of the year awards are testament to his performances over the years. If we are now on the lookout for another keeper, I’m assuming if a loanee, he will play. Not sure how that develops our inexperienced keepers. If Jay Lynch proves himself over the next few seasons that will be fantastic, but based on what I’ve seen in games, Lillis was better.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Josh Lillis... on 20:45 - Aug 20 with 3776 viewsrochdaleriddler

Josh Lillis... on 20:31 - Aug 20 by boromat

Maybe, and certainly cheaper.

Josh Lillis... on 00:23 - Aug 21 with 3527 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Josh Lillis... on 20:44 - Aug 20 by rochdaleriddler

He didn’t play, but the manager picks the team , and a previous manager gave him the contract. He is not the best, but he certainly isn’t the worst keeper we have had recently. I think his player of the year awards are testament to his performances over the years. If we are now on the lookout for another keeper, I’m assuming if a loanee, he will play. Not sure how that develops our inexperienced keepers. If Jay Lynch proves himself over the next few seasons that will be fantastic, but based on what I’ve seen in games, Lillis was better.

I agree riddler. If we took all circumstances and cost away, I would have him as our no 1, but it’s not that simple.

It’s hardly a secret why Josh was not picked, and tbh (even we won’t argue this) it’s not his fault in any way. He had been a cracking servant to the club, and the club have been to him to be fair.

I wish the guy all the best and have not seen him on Facebook moaning, he must have been near a testimonial!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Josh Lillis... on 08:05 - Aug 21 with 3334 viewsmacro

Josh Lillis... on 00:23 - Aug 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

I agree riddler. If we took all circumstances and cost away, I would have him as our no 1, but it’s not that simple.

It’s hardly a secret why Josh was not picked, and tbh (even we won’t argue this) it’s not his fault in any way. He had been a cracking servant to the club, and the club have been to him to be fair.

I wish the guy all the best and have not seen him on Facebook moaning, he must have been near a testimonial!

Sanchez Lillis Sanchez Lillis

Sanchez please
Josh Lillis... on 08:28 - Aug 21 with 3290 viewsdawlishdale

I have no idea why Lillis was not picked last season. If it's hardly a secret, can you shed some light on this for me please?

Based on what I've seen I prefer Lillis to either of the two keepers we now have, but, like Macro, would rather have Sanchez back on loan.
Josh Lillis... on 08:36 - Aug 21 with 3279 viewsMass_Debater

Josh Lillis... on 20:31 - Aug 20 by boromat

Lynch > Lillis

Not sure if serious.
Josh Lillis... on 08:36 - Aug 21 with 3278 viewsMass_Debater

Why wasn't Josh picked?
Josh Lillis... on 09:52 - Aug 21 with 3132 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Josh Lillis... on 08:36 - Aug 21 by Mass_Debater

Why wasn't Josh picked?

His mind was not in the right place to be playing football, think this has been stated a few times before.

Josh Lillis... on 10:35 - Aug 21 with 2990 viewsmacro

Josh Lillis... on 08:36 - Aug 21 by Mass_Debater

Lynch > Lillis

Not sure if serious.

I'd go Sanchez ahead of Lillis but Lillis ahead of Lynch. I don't expect Lynch to be no1 at the end of the transfer window
Josh Lillis... on 10:39 - Aug 21 with 2979 viewsMass_Debater

Josh Lillis... on 09:52 - Aug 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

His mind was not in the right place to be playing football, think this has been stated a few times before.

So a rumour then?
Josh Lillis... on 10:39 - Aug 21 with 2972 viewsmikehunt

Whilst we are on about Josh, he made one of the best penalty saves I have ever seen. It was at the end of an EFL Trophy match v Blackburn. Their player did everything right - blasted it into the top corner. Yet Josh got a hand to it and it spun over the bar. It was the fact that Josh had the strength to keep the shot out after diving for it that made it so good in my view.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Josh Lillis... on 10:58 - Aug 21 with 2918 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Josh Lillis... on 10:39 - Aug 21 by Mass_Debater

So a rumour then?

A lot more than a rumour, but regardless. He has moved on now and hope he finds a new club and gets his career back on track.

Josh Lillis... on 12:23 - Aug 21 with 2764 viewsupthedale

Josh Lillis... on 09:52 - Aug 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

I thought this was meant to be a rumour, and that he wasn't picked because he would have activated a clause in his contract if he played.

That is all hearsay admittedly!
Josh Lillis... on 12:32 - Aug 21 with 2726 viewsSuddenLad

Josh Lillis... on 12:23 - Aug 21 by upthedale

I thought this was meant to be a rumour, and that he wasn't picked because he would have activated a clause in his contract if he played.

That is all hearsay admittedly!

That's the story I heard. Another game would have meant a further financial commitment from the club after activating a clause.

He was at matches, even joining in the warm up a few times, but was excluded from the team and bench.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Josh Lillis... on 12:41 - Aug 21 with 2687 viewsAtThePeake

Josh Lillis... on 12:32 - Aug 21 by SuddenLad

That's the story I heard. Another game would have meant a further financial commitment from the club after activating a clause.

He was at matches, even joining in the warm up a few times, but was excluded from the team and bench.

He was on the bench a few times in January against MK Dons, Gillingham and Wycombe.

Tangled up in blue.

Josh Lillis... on 23:39 - Aug 21 with 2205 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Josh Lillis... on 12:41 - Aug 21 by AtThePeake

He was on the bench a few times in January against MK Dons, Gillingham and Wycombe.

That’s why I doubted the appearance story, as he would not have been on the bench as a pointless sub if he was not going to be used.

Fantastic servant to the club for many years and should he ever come back I hope he gets a good welcome. I am sure he will.

Josh Lillis... on 09:40 - Aug 22 with 1990 viewsmingthemerciless

Is Sanchez likely to be coming back ?
Josh Lillis... on 10:19 - Aug 22 with 1931 viewsDaleiLama

Josh Lillis... on 09:40 - Aug 22 by mingthemerciless

Yes please

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Josh Lillis... on 10:39 - Aug 22 with 1888 viewsboromat

Josh Lillis... on 09:40 - Aug 22 by mingthemerciless

I'd be pleasantly surprised. Surely he has to play at a higher level!

I should imagine we'll get another loanee in. Youngster from a top club. Might have to wait until late in the window when they start to become available.

Josh Lillis... on 15:05 - Aug 25 with 1476 viewsrochdaleriddler

Josh Lillis... on 10:39 - Aug 22 by boromat

I'd be pleasantly surprised. Surely he has to play at a higher level!

I should imagine we'll get another loanee in. Youngster from a top club. Might have to wait until late in the window when they start to become available.

So our young keepers aren’t yet good enough, but our new signing is only 18, and I’m assuming will play.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024