Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sandy Lane season cards now sold out 15:12 - Aug 21 with 4488 viewsSuddenLad

Ć¢ā‚¬Å“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooledĆ¢ā‚¬Ā

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 15:20 - Aug 21 with 4461 views442Dale

Not totally sure what this means - if someone is a Sandy Lane season ticket holder do they automatically get put in the Willbutts at no extra cost?

Edit:
Ignore me, knew Iā€™d seen something somewhere:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/season-card-qa/

<<ā€œ The Reside Estate Agency Stand (Willbutts Lane Stand)
The away end ā€” The Reside Estate Agency Stand ā€” will be made available to home supporters as an alternative only, when fans are unable to be housed in their usual stand. You will pay the same price as per your chosen standā€œ>>

So itā€™s more that spaces in the Sandy are gone for the moment.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 15:26]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 15:27 - Aug 21 with 4428 viewsD_Alien

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 15:20 - Aug 21 by 442Dale

Not totally sure what this means - if someone is a Sandy Lane season ticket holder do they automatically get put in the Willbutts at no extra cost?

Edit:
Ignore me, knew Iā€™d seen something somewhere:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/season-card-qa/

<<ā€œ The Reside Estate Agency Stand (Willbutts Lane Stand)
The away end ā€” The Reside Estate Agency Stand ā€” will be made available to home supporters as an alternative only, when fans are unable to be housed in their usual stand. You will pay the same price as per your chosen standā€œ>>

So itā€™s more that spaces in the Sandy are gone for the moment.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 15:26]

Hmm... get your point

In the event of ground restrictions being eased later in the season, those with STs for the Sandy Lane from 2019/20 are meant to be given first dibs on any additional places that become available

But with the Sandy being sold out for now, will those aforementioned have to pay extra for an SC in a seated area, thus foregoing their option on a Sandy Lane space if they become available?

Edit: just seen your edit...
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 15:27]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 15:36 - Aug 21 with 4368 views442Dale

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 15:27 - Aug 21 by D_Alien

Hmm... get your point

In the event of ground restrictions being eased later in the season, those with STs for the Sandy Lane from 2019/20 are meant to be given first dibs on any additional places that become available

But with the Sandy being sold out for now, will those aforementioned have to pay extra for an SC in a seated area, thus foregoing their option on a Sandy Lane space if they become available?

Edit: just seen your edit...
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 15:27]

Did a bit of checking (should have before posting actually!) but it could do with reiterating by the club so Sandy Laners donā€™t see that itā€™s ā€œsold outā€ and think they wonā€™t bother. Donā€™t want to miss out on any potential sales if a bit of communication can sort it.

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 17:29 - Aug 21 with 4052 views442Dale

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 17:32 - Aug 21 with 4040 viewsJames1980

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 17:29 - Aug 21 by 442Dale

Ć°ÅøĀ¤ā€ I wonder where I will get put.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 17:34 - Aug 21 with 4023 views442Dale

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 17:32 - Aug 21 by James1980

You got yours last weekend didnā€™t you, James?

Itā€™s only those who buy from now who will be temporarily housed in the Willbutts until number restrictions change?

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 17:35 - Aug 21 with 4017 viewsisitme

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 15:36 - Aug 21 by 442Dale

Did a bit of checking (should have before posting actually!) but it could do with reiterating by the club so Sandy Laners donā€™t see that itā€™s ā€œsold outā€ and think they wonā€™t bother. Donā€™t want to miss out on any potential sales if a bit of communication can sort it.

The club has tweeted about this very point and replied to a query about the price issue.
Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 17:52 - Aug 21 with 3960 viewsJames1980

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 17:34 - Aug 21 by 442Dale

You got yours last weekend didnā€™t you, James?

Itā€™s only those who buy from now who will be temporarily housed in the Willbutts until number restrictions change?

Not quite 442 ordered but there appears to have been a hiccup.

I am probably being punished for claiming for the extra ticket I had to buy for the 18/19 season Charlton game.
BTW I asked the refund to be donated to charity.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 19:32]

Login to get fewer ads

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 23:25 - Aug 21 with 3489 viewsdalenumber2

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 17:32 - Aug 21 by James1980

I am in the away stand and quite looking forward to getting a different perspective. It's only temporary and as soon as we can sit together, we will be back in our usual places.
Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 09:26 - Aug 22 with 3305 viewsJames1980

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 23:25 - Aug 21 by dalenumber2

I am in the away stand and quite looking forward to getting a different perspective. It's only temporary and as soon as we can sit together, we will be back in our usual places.

The issue is I don't even know if my ticket is going to be sent out. The club hadn't received the funds as of yesterday. Spoke to finance company they say payment was made on Monday.

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 10:53 - Aug 22 with 3205 viewsboromat

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 23:25 - Aug 21 by dalenumber2

Away stand is the best view in the stadium!! No posts in the way like the main stand. Only negative is the leg space is pretty terrible from memory so not very comfortable but with the social distancing shouldn't be an issue with lots of empty seats.

The only issue now is alot of people might think about taking a punt and 'moving stands' to save money. I know if I hadn't already moved being a main stand ticket holder I'd seriously think about buying a sandy lane ticket and saving some money knowing I'd be seated in the away stand.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 11:47 - Aug 22 with 3113 viewsD_Alien

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 10:53 - Aug 22 by boromat

Away stand is the best view in the stadium!! No posts in the way like the main stand. Only negative is the leg space is pretty terrible from memory so not very comfortable but with the social distancing shouldn't be an issue with lots of empty seats.

The only issue now is alot of people might think about taking a punt and 'moving stands' to save money. I know if I hadn't already moved being a main stand ticket holder I'd seriously think about buying a sandy lane ticket and saving some money knowing I'd be seated in the away stand.

Presume you mean if you had a ST for the Sandy last season?

[Post edited 22 Aug 2020 12:03]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 12:27 - Aug 22 with 3062 views442Dale

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 11:47 - Aug 22 by D_Alien

Thatā€™s it, we can only buy tickets for our usual stand at present.

The interesting thing will be how they handle ā€˜open saleā€™, would think the Sandy option may not be there.

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 21:03 - Aug 23 with 2764 viewsAReeves

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 12:27 - Aug 22 by 442Dale

The interesting thing will be how they handle ā€˜open saleā€™, would think the Sandy option may not be there.

Sorry if im being thick on this one !!!, but does this refer to "new" sandy tickets / cards or can any sandy lane card gain you access into the Reside stand. We bought cards on the 1st sale day and have received cards marked as Sandy Lane. Like other have mentioned I would take the opportunity to sit in the Reside stand (best view in the stadium) for the same cost as standing.
Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 21:22 - Aug 23 with 2729 viewsboromat

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 11:47 - Aug 22 by D_Alien

Ah ok seen 442s post below your reply. I wasn't aware that renewing season tickets holders couldn't change stands.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 22:02 - Aug 23 with 2670 viewsisitme

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 12:27 - Aug 22 by 442Dale

When capacities are increased sufficiently Sandy Lane season cards will revert to that stand.
Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 22:06 - Aug 23 with 2663 viewsisitme

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 21:03 - Aug 23 by AReeves

Sorry if im being thick on this one !!!, but does this refer to "new" sandy tickets / cards or can any sandy lane card gain you access into the Reside stand. We bought cards on the 1st sale day and have received cards marked as Sandy Lane. Like other have mentioned I would take the opportunity to sit in the Reside stand (best view in the stadium) for the same cost as standing.

If you have a Sandy Lane season card bought on the first day you are in there.

Due to the limited capacity once a certain number had been sold other people who renewed for the Sandy Lane are being placed in the Willbutts Lane stand temporarily until the Sandy can accommodate more people.

You cannot just pick and choose.
Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 22:22 - Aug 23 with 2623 views442Dale

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 22:06 - Aug 23 by isitme

Due to the limited capacity once a certain number had been sold other people who renewed for the Sandy Lane are being placed in the Willbutts Lane stand temporarily until the Sandy can accommodate more people.

Yep. Everyone when buying a SC was allocated a spot in the stadium whether that be a seat or one of the 283 (I think) spaces in the Sandy. Once the Sandy spaces were full anyone buying for that end would be allocated a seat in the Willbutts. Weā€™ve all got to be a bit flexible and understanding around how hard this is for clubs to manage. Itā€™s certain that some will end up somewhere they might not really like, eg a seat on the front row or away from their usual step on the Sandy, but thatā€™s how things are for now.

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 09:22 - Aug 24 with 2286 viewsdawlishdale

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 22:06 - Aug 23 by isitme

I bought my Main Stand ticket a week ago, so this doesn't apply to me, but if a supporter now wants to buy a Season Ticket in the Sandy; they are offered a seat in the Willbutts instead, until such time as the Sandy can accommodate them (which might not be any time this season)

How much do they pay? Sandy price (Ā£200) or Wilbutts price (Ā£335)

Apologies if I've missed this, but it isn't clear as far as I can tell.
Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 10:37 - Aug 24 with 2211 viewsisitme

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 09:22 - Aug 24 by dawlishdale

I bought my Main Stand ticket a week ago, so this doesn't apply to me, but if a supporter now wants to buy a Season Ticket in the Sandy; they are offered a seat in the Willbutts instead, until such time as the Sandy can accommodate them (which might not be any time this season)

How much do they pay? Sandy price (Ā£200) or Wilbutts price (Ā£335)

Apologies if I've missed this, but it isn't clear as far as I can tell.

The quick answer is that if you have bought a card for the main stand, you are in the main stand.

The only reason people buying a Sandy Lane season ticket are temporarily being housed in the Willbutts Lane is because its 'Covid-19 capacity' has been reached. When this capacity is increased those who are temporarily being housed in the Willbutts will be moved back to the Sandy.

They are paying the Sandy price, as that is where they have had their season ticket previously and where they are going in the long term. It has been mentioned in the numerous club communications regarding season cards and other posters have mentioned it both in this thread and others.

If/when Pearl Street and Main Stand season cards sell out to their 'Covid-19 allocations' then supporters will temporarily be housed in the Willbutts as well.

It might just be me, but there seems to be an undertone that either some people are getting something for free or that this is an opportunity to get something for free. Not sure why this should be the case.
Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 11:53 - Aug 24 with 2140 viewsfermin

Out of curiosity, presumably the season cards for Sandy Laners from now on will have a seat number in the Willbutts Lane on them for the person to use. How will this be identifiable as a Sandy Lane season card when/if things get back to normal? I suppose the same applies to the other stands - how do you identify your original seat on your season card when restrictions are lifted?
Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 11:55 - Aug 24 with 2133 viewsisitme

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 11:53 - Aug 24 by fermin

Out of curiosity, presumably the season cards for Sandy Laners from now on will have a seat number in the Willbutts Lane on them for the person to use. How will this be identifiable as a Sandy Lane season card when/if things get back to normal? I suppose the same applies to the other stands - how do you identify your original seat on your season card when restrictions are lifted?

The season cards will be reprinted with original seat numbers/stands as and when. Also with the turnstiles being electronic you can be allowed/deny access to specific ones.
Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 15:12 - Aug 24 with 1963 viewsfermin

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 11:55 - Aug 24 by isitme

The season cards will be reprinted with original seat numbers/stands as and when. Also with the turnstiles being electronic you can be allowed/deny access to specific ones.

Thanks very much. Makes sense.
Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 21:01 - Aug 26 with 1661 viewsAReeves

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 15:12 - Aug 24 by fermin

Thanks very much. Makes sense.

OK - Cheers for the clarity. I dont really have any issue btw with the Sandy as clearly that was my original choice. My point was / is - that if (quite a reasonable chance) we are in this covid related situation for the majority of the season, then theoretically someone paying Sandy prices will be able to sit in the best seats / best view position in the stadium, for no extra costs.

As above, i have no issue to be honest. Just a point that i would have quite liked to sit in the Reside stand as a change, but no biggy !!!
Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 21:43 - Aug 26 with 1581 views442Dale

Sandy Lane season cards now sold out on 21:01 - Aug 26 by AReeves

OK - Cheers for the clarity. I dont really have any issue btw with the Sandy as clearly that was my original choice. My point was / is - that if (quite a reasonable chance) we are in this covid related situation for the majority of the season, then theoretically someone paying Sandy prices will be able to sit in the best seats / best view position in the stadium, for no extra costs.

As above, i have no issue to be honest. Just a point that i would have quite liked to sit in the Reside stand as a change, but no biggy !!!

That was always going to be the case. Similarly, those who normally go in the Pearl Street could end up in there at a cheaper price than those in the Main Stand.

There was no perfect way of sorting it all, but the club have dealt with this all pretty well and it looks like anyone who wants a season ticket will be able to get one and weā€™ll still have room for those with the Family Reward Cards and some pay on the day.

If most of the spaces are in the Willbutts, there may have to be a rethink on matchday prices as theyā€™ll be presumably priced at the same as the Main Stand and we want to look to sell as many as possible.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024