Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morecambe EFL Trophy 12:43 - Sep 6 with 2290 viewsboromat

Just gone on the official site to buy a match pass out of interest of the cost. It's set as £10 at the moment surely this should be reduced! It's an EFL Trophy match which is typically a cheaper match ticket price and the likelihood is it'll be more of a youthful looking set of teams. At the very least season and team card holders should get a discount.

As for the match I'm expecting there to be as many changes as possible from BBM. Hopefully we do well in the competition this year the further we get the more experience for the younger lads.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 13:12 - Sep 6 with 2202 viewsDalenet

I think we need to be careful about the witch hunt on iFollow. This is an away match and the price will be set by the EFL rules on iFollow and the home club.

Our club should now make it clearer on what the rules allow as some of our fans are under the misapprehension that they are entitled to a discount on everything. I am sure I paid £10 for a pass to watch the Bradford game at their last year in the same competition

I have just read a piece by Andy Holt who runs Accrington. He claims they have a £1.2m black hole in their accounts for this year and doesn't know where the income is going to come from. He believes that they are better off than most because they have fewer fans. We haven't said what our black hole will be but seeking discounts on everything isn't realistic.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 13:14]
Morecambe EFL Trophy on 13:14 - Sep 6 with 2195 viewsjudd

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 13:12 - Sep 6 by Dalenet

I think we need to be careful about the witch hunt on iFollow. This is an away match and the price will be set by the EFL rules on iFollow and the home club.

Our club should now make it clearer on what the rules allow as some of our fans are under the misapprehension that they are entitled to a discount on everything. I am sure I paid £10 for a pass to watch the Bradford game at their last year in the same competition

I have just read a piece by Andy Holt who runs Accrington. He claims they have a £1.2m black hole in their accounts for this year and doesn't know where the income is going to come from. He believes that they are better off than most because they have fewer fans. We haven't said what our black hole will be but seeking discounts on everything isn't realistic.

I think ours was set at £1m in the chairman's statement in August

Poll: What is it to be then?

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 13:16 - Sep 6 with 2180 viewsDalenet

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 13:14 - Sep 6 by judd

I think ours was set at £1m in the chairman's statement in August

Fair enough Judd, but I suspect we thought we might have sold 2100 seats from October and with such poor ST sales that target must be in doubt now.
Morecambe EFL Trophy on 13:23 - Sep 6 with 2144 viewsD_Alien

Tbf, there's no witch hunt

The club responded to my enquiries yesterday, which were made entirely with the intention of - as you say - making it clearer what the rules are

Whilst the response didn't fully achieve that, it was stated that the club will make the discount which was advertised for those with a DFC known as soon as possible. It would've been helpful if it was explained what the hindrances are to announcing them at the time of advertising them; if that's commercially sensitive, we're grown up enough to get that if it's explained

On the other hand, if iFollow doesn't work for those who've paid for it, they're perfectly entitled to take issue with that and the first port of call will be who took the payment

No idea why any of that could be seen as a witch hunt

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 13:40 - Sep 6 with 2080 viewsjudd

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 13:16 - Sep 6 by Dalenet

Fair enough Judd, but I suspect we thought we might have sold 2100 seats from October and with such poor ST sales that target must be in doubt now.

Undoubtedly.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 13:58 - Sep 6 with 2020 viewsboromat

My point wasn't really aimed at the club more at the iFollow pricing, I'm not sure how much say the club has in that. In normal seasons £10 match pass as a standard kind of makes sense as there's not that many matches that are available over the full season. Under the current circumstances with every game behind closed doors I thought it might make sense to reduce the price to try and get more people to tune in. The Trophy games don't exactly pull the biggest of attendances normally so I doubt there will be a big turnout on iFollow on Tuesday if the price is the same as the EFL cup match and the following league game.

I really enjoy the EFL Trophy format so probably will end up paying the £10 but I should imagine I'll be in minority.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 13:59]

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 18:15 - Sep 6 with 1766 viewsdiba_diba

I’d personally start Gibbons at centre half, can’t be risking any injuries to key players.
Morecambe EFL Trophy on 18:16 - Sep 6 with 1760 viewsDareToCalvin

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 18:15 - Sep 6 by diba_diba

I’d personally start Gibbons at centre half, can’t be risking any injuries to key players.

Who’s Gibbons?
Login to get fewer ads

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 18:17 - Sep 6 with 1757 viewsdiba_diba

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 18:16 - Sep 6 by DareToCalvin

Who’s Gibbons?

He’s our sports scientist, he can also play centre half!
Morecambe EFL Trophy on 19:59 - Sep 6 with 1595 viewsdingdangblue

Who’s Gibbons?

He's Funky.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 20:09 - Sep 6 with 1563 viewsnordenblue

Who’s Gibbons?

Dont give a monkeys..
Morecambe EFL Trophy on 21:21 - Sep 6 with 1462 viewsboromat

If the rules allow something like the following;

Lynch
McLaughlin
O'Connell
McNulty
Dunne
Lund (if fit)
Brierley
Mialkowski
Tavares
Newby
Baah

Maybe give Rathbone some minutes for fitness. And any other youngsters that might be close to a first team chance. Be good to see Thomas again.

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 22:49 - Sep 6 with 1344 viewsAtThePeake

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 13:58 - Sep 6 by boromat

My point wasn't really aimed at the club more at the iFollow pricing, I'm not sure how much say the club has in that. In normal seasons £10 match pass as a standard kind of makes sense as there's not that many matches that are available over the full season. Under the current circumstances with every game behind closed doors I thought it might make sense to reduce the price to try and get more people to tune in. The Trophy games don't exactly pull the biggest of attendances normally so I doubt there will be a big turnout on iFollow on Tuesday if the price is the same as the EFL cup match and the following league game.

I really enjoy the EFL Trophy format so probably will end up paying the £10 but I should imagine I'll be in minority.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 13:59]

Tbh I wouldn't personally have any interest in this competition until the latter stages anyway but you make a valid point. It really shouldn't cost £10 to watch a stream of a game in this competition, which would normally be the match ticket price I believe?

Tangled up in blue.

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 23:18 - Sep 6 with 1307 viewsYadHoDale

Morecambe EFL Trophy on 21:21 - Sep 6 by boromat

If the rules allow something like the following;

Lynch
McLaughlin
O'Connell
McNulty
Dunne
Lund (if fit)
Brierley
Mialkowski
Tavares
Newby
Baah

Maybe give Rathbone some minutes for fitness. And any other youngsters that might be close to a first team chance. Be good to see Thomas again.

That's pretty much how I see it. Might be tempted to rest McLaughlin and give Hopper a go at RB again. And Olly to start instead of Newby. And definitely Jimmy Keohane in the squad, to quietly and fairly competently provide cover for all ten outfield players!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024