Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update on fans returning 18:24 - Sep 15 with 17212 views442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54158891

So some could have fans back at weekend, however “ Those in local lockdown areas were told they would not receive permission to take part in the test events.”

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Update on fans returning on 22:25 - Sep 16 with 2645 views442Dale

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-local-lockdown-whole-no

They’re expecting the following in the north east from tomorrow:
<<“ ChronicleLive understands that restrictions expected to be announced, but not yet confirmed, include:

People will be told not to go on holiday with people from different households
Care home visits will be restricted to essential visitors only
Residents will be advised to avoid public transport at peak times except for essential journeys, and to avoid car-shares
Spectators will be advised not to attend sporting venues”>>

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Update on fans returning on 10:47 - Sep 18 with 2364 viewsBigDaveMyCock

You’ve got to question the thinking behind giving Dido Harding, somebody who has absolutely no experience whatsoever in the field, the position of head of NHS Testing and Tracing. And, just to hammer home the point, she was given the job as well. As was established in the House of Commons Select Committee yesterday, she was approached by the Government for the job. She didn’t apply for it and nor did the Government, despite the monumental importance of the role, open the job up for anybody else to apply. When asked yesterday what her credentials for the job were she literally had nothing to say. It was staggering.
Her last role was at Talk Talk, which she had to step-down from because 2 fifteen year olds managed to steal the personal information of millions of its customers. They were also receivers of a number of awards for having the worse customer service record in the sector.
It beggars belief why a Government would open itself up to such criticism. Just as she, unbelievably, said yesterday that nobody predicted there would an increase in demand, is the Government going to say nobody predicted that she wasn’t suitable for the role?
What makes it even more astounding is the Government can’t even hide behind her. They can’t say look we‘ve got our best and most experienced minds on this. We’re just acting on their advice. They’ve just opened themselves up, again, to the increasingly louder criticism that this Government is chaotic and lacking in genuine talent. Expect another u-turn.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 11:19]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Update on fans returning on 10:57 - Sep 18 with 2343 viewsjudd

Update on fans returning on 10:47 - Sep 18 by BigDaveMyCock

You’ve got to question the thinking behind giving Dido Harding, somebody who has absolutely no experience whatsoever in the field, the position of head of NHS Testing and Tracing. And, just to hammer home the point, she was given the job as well. As was established in the House of Commons Select Committee yesterday, she was approached by the Government for the job. She didn’t apply for it and nor did the Government, despite the monumental importance of the role, open the job up for anybody else to apply. When asked yesterday what her credentials for the job were she literally had nothing to say. It was staggering.
Her last role was at Talk Talk, which she had to step-down from because 2 fifteen year olds managed to steal the personal information of millions of its customers. They were also receivers of a number of awards for having the worse customer service record in the sector.
It beggars belief why a Government would open itself up to such criticism. Just as she, unbelievably, said yesterday that nobody predicted there would an increase in demand, is the Government going to say nobody predicted that she wasn’t suitable for the role?
What makes it even more astounding is the Government can’t even hide behind her. They can’t say look we‘ve got our best and most experienced minds on this. We’re just acting on their advice. They’ve just opened themselves up, again, to the increasingly louder criticism that this Government is chaotic and lacking in genuine talent. Expect another u-turn.

Heh!

Poll: What is it to be then?

Update on fans returning on 10:59 - Sep 18 with 2343 viewsJames1980

Update on fans returning on 10:47 - Sep 18 by BigDaveMyCock

But they got Brexit done.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Update on fans returning on 11:03 - Sep 18 with 2327 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Update on fans returning on 10:59 - Sep 18 by James1980

But they got Brexit done.

Well, they’ve got Theresa May’s deal through. A deal they are unsurprisingly not that happy with now.
#ovenready
#worldbeating
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 11:05]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Update on fans returning on 09:53 - Sep 19 with 2112 viewselectricblue

It seems that a possible 2wk nationwide lockdown could be not to far away.
I can see this 2wks lasting longer tbh as the infection rates are rising to a point of doubling the previous week infections...

This lockdown will be disasterous for many businesses........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Update on fans returning on 10:25 - Sep 19 with 2067 viewsMass_Debater

Update on fans returning on 09:53 - Sep 19 by electricblue

I can see this 2wks lasting longer tbh as the infection rates are rising to a point of doubling the previous week infections...

No sh1t
Update on fans returning on 10:34 - Sep 19 with 2048 viewsDalenet

Update on fans returning on 09:53 - Sep 19 by electricblue

Newcastle Eagles Basketball professional club were part of the planned 1000 spectators pilot due last night. At the 11th hour the Department of Culture said it was to be played behind closed doors because Newcastle was now under tighter restrictions. I am not hopeful that fans will be allowed in stadiums across the lockdown areas in October as planned

The club will need a plan B. I like the fact that some clubs are going to credit your ST account with the difference between what you paid and the cost of the iFollow pass for every game you can't attend and at the end of the season any credit will then be used against next seasons ticket. It means if we have extended lockdowns the fans are not financially penalised and the club doesn't need to undertake refunds
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 10:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Update on fans returning on 08:30 - Sep 22 with 1857 viewselectricblue

Michael Gove mentioned on the news that attending football matches will be put back.
How long !, we will have to see.

This cannot be good for clubs like Dale and further down the leagues.

Looks like ifollow will have more subscriptions.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Update on fans returning on 09:37 - Sep 22 with 1769 viewsncfc_chalky

I watched the Hashtag Utd v Soham Park Rangers game last night and social distancing was non existent when it went to penalties and they all gathered behind the goal

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Update on fans returning on 10:45 - Sep 22 with 1634 viewsDalenet

Update on fans returning on 09:37 - Sep 22 by ncfc_chalky

I watched the Hashtag Utd v Soham Park Rangers game last night and social distancing was non existent when it went to penalties and they all gathered behind the goal

Not surprised though

It won't help our cause when ministers see that. The club said it had budgeted for no fans for this season. Lets hope it really has
Update on fans returning on 11:29 - Sep 22 with 1554 viewsseasidedale

Listening to an MP who was due to go into a meeting re football and sports, he said he would be extremely suprised if fans were allowed in this year. HE also said when asked about bailing out football by the government and it was something like they would the lower leagues but not the premiership.
Update on fans returning on 12:33 - Sep 22 with 1432 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Sadly a further lockdown is inevitable.

A mixture of government indecisiveness, key workers having to (upmost respect) keep working, schools being back open, people returning to work, the summer holidays (including the bell end behavior of many) flights continuing and lack of testing/tracing means COVID is going to spread. Add to that people ignoring quarantine rules and some areas of society not believing in the need for social distancing.

The governments actions point very strongly to wanting herd immunity within the younger members of society, with kids getting it and passing it on to there parents, who should generally be strong enough to fight it. They certainly want this to happen before flu and colder weather appears, meaning our hospitals are not overstretched.

If it works time will tell, but I can’t see us seeing live games before March, at the earliest.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Update on fans returning on 12:49 - Sep 22 with 1394 viewsboromat

Part of the announcement from Boris now states sporting events will not be allowed to have crowds. It also states we should plan to expect these restrictions to be in place for at least 6 months.

That's pretty much a season behind closed doors. It's not looking good for lower league football clubs.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Update on fans returning on 12:51 - Sep 22 with 1382 viewsDaleiLama

After Johnson's announcement in the Commons, "at least 6 months " looks like bums on seats unlikely at all this season now.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Update on fans returning on 13:02 - Sep 22 with 1358 views49thseason

6 months,... they have all gone stark staring bonkers! There is hardly a business in the country that will survive, much less 72 football league clubs unless Sunak puts his hand in his pocket to the tune of £200m or so.
Update on fans returning on 13:03 - Sep 22 with 1344 viewsaleanddale

Update on fans returning on 12:49 - Sep 22 by boromat

Part of the announcement from Boris now states sporting events will not be allowed to have crowds. It also states we should plan to expect these restrictions to be in place for at least 6 months.

That's pretty much a season behind closed doors. It's not looking good for lower league football clubs.

Grim!!!

April earliest then before we can attend games I agree it’s going to be very very difficult for a lot of clubs to navigate this without serious help from the footballing governing bodies.
Update on fans returning on 13:14 - Sep 22 with 1324 viewsSuddenLad

Update on fans returning on 12:51 - Sep 22 by DaleiLama

After Johnson's announcement in the Commons, "at least 6 months " looks like bums on seats unlikely at all this season now.

Death Rigby (Sky New) reports that as 'perhaps six months'. It still looks bleak in either interpretation.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Update on fans returning on 13:19 - Sep 22 with 1308 viewsD_Alien

Update on fans returning on 12:33 - Sep 22 by Thacks_Rabbits

Sadly a further lockdown is inevitable.

A mixture of government indecisiveness, key workers having to (upmost respect) keep working, schools being back open, people returning to work, the summer holidays (including the bell end behavior of many) flights continuing and lack of testing/tracing means COVID is going to spread. Add to that people ignoring quarantine rules and some areas of society not believing in the need for social distancing.

The governments actions point very strongly to wanting herd immunity within the younger members of society, with kids getting it and passing it on to there parents, who should generally be strong enough to fight it. They certainly want this to happen before flu and colder weather appears, meaning our hospitals are not overstretched.

If it works time will tell, but I can’t see us seeing live games before March, at the earliest.

There's nothing in any actions the government has taken to suggest it's aim is herd immunity in younger age groups. Social bubbles at uni, academic years sent home if one tests positive etc. and the obvious transmission to more vulnerable age groups (not just their parents) which is now happening, and thus leading to today's further measures indicate otherwise

It's not even a "conspiracy theory"

On the broader picture for sport, i'm expecting a package to prevent bankruptcies among those clubs whose trading has remained within existing guidelines. As for those who've overstretched themselves, i couldn't care less if they fold. We're seeing with clubs like Harrogate and others that new blood in the FL at the expense of old, tired outfits with no financial scruples isn't such a bad thing. The new clubs have supporters too, who deserve a chance in the spotlight
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 13:20]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Update on fans returning on 13:41 - Sep 22 with 1234 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Update on fans returning on 13:19 - Sep 22 by D_Alien

There's nothing in any actions the government has taken to suggest it's aim is herd immunity in younger age groups. Social bubbles at uni, academic years sent home if one tests positive etc. and the obvious transmission to more vulnerable age groups (not just their parents) which is now happening, and thus leading to today's further measures indicate otherwise

It's not even a "conspiracy theory"

On the broader picture for sport, i'm expecting a package to prevent bankruptcies among those clubs whose trading has remained within existing guidelines. As for those who've overstretched themselves, i couldn't care less if they fold. We're seeing with clubs like Harrogate and others that new blood in the FL at the expense of old, tired outfits with no financial scruples isn't such a bad thing. The new clubs have supporters too, who deserve a chance in the spotlight
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 13:20]

Not a conspiracy theory DA, just a theory.

My other half is a TA at a primary school, they have done what they can to stagger, as have the High school next door to it, that’s 2600 kids in total roughly.

The kids at the primary school are pretty good and do try, but they forget at times and some who have learning problems forget constantly, that in line with the lack of tests means it’s when, not if, there is a case. You could be contagious without showing signs or show the signs midway through a school day. They get sent home but that’s basically all they can do.

The high school I know are doing a similar thing, but the second they leave, again staggered, many hang about outside the school grounds and completely ignore all distancing and bubbles, which make the efforts of the teachers, whilst not irrelevant, certainly less effective.

1600 adults in a building would not all comply with social distancing and the rules so it’s near impossible to effectively do this with kids.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Update on fans returning on 13:41 - Sep 22 with 1230 viewsmightydale

Update on fans returning on 13:14 - Sep 22 by SuddenLad

Death Rigby (Sky New) reports that as 'perhaps six months'. It still looks bleak in either interpretation.

And the sheep will follow,

Think you will see massive protest over the next few weeks

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Update on fans returning on 13:59 - Sep 22 with 1184 viewsD_Alien

Update on fans returning on 13:41 - Sep 22 by Thacks_Rabbits

Not a conspiracy theory DA, just a theory.

My other half is a TA at a primary school, they have done what they can to stagger, as have the High school next door to it, that’s 2600 kids in total roughly.

The kids at the primary school are pretty good and do try, but they forget at times and some who have learning problems forget constantly, that in line with the lack of tests means it’s when, not if, there is a case. You could be contagious without showing signs or show the signs midway through a school day. They get sent home but that’s basically all they can do.

The high school I know are doing a similar thing, but the second they leave, again staggered, many hang about outside the school grounds and completely ignore all distancing and bubbles, which make the efforts of the teachers, whilst not irrelevant, certainly less effective.

1600 adults in a building would not all comply with social distancing and the rules so it’s near impossible to effectively do this with kids.

Yes, we know all this, but to "strongly suggest" that leads to a theory that the government is seeking herd immunity in younger age groups just doesn't follow

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Update on fans returning on 14:09 - Sep 22 with 1153 viewsSuddenLad

Update on fans returning on 13:41 - Sep 22 by mightydale

And the sheep will follow,

Think you will see massive protest over the next few weeks

Protests about what?

Telling/asking people to remain vigilant and wear a mask when required and reduce social contact, or people just kicking off because 'Nobody's telling me what I can and can't do"?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Update on fans returning on 14:29 - Sep 22 with 1110 viewsmightydale

Update on fans returning on 14:09 - Sep 22 by SuddenLad

Protests about what?

Telling/asking people to remain vigilant and wear a mask when required and reduce social contact, or people just kicking off because 'Nobody's telling me what I can and can't do"?

Asking people to remain vigilant or forcing a way of life on people, in it werid the spike only started when peoplr started to wear masks, which offer no protection to the virus.

Covid killed (well I mean had covid when died) less than 1% off all overall deaths in week 36, in Auguest alone it wasn't even the top 10 for people dying.
Oxford scientists have said 30% of covid deaths in July and August shouldn't of been recorded as covid.

I will not change my lifestyle for a virus which you have a 99.9935% chance of survival. This will wreck the future for all our kids and grand kids.

You'll be telling me next that everything the 2 mad Prof said yesterday was truth.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Update on fans returning on 14:37 - Sep 22 with 1090 viewsblackdogblue

Its going to hit the club hard, wasn't there a refund clause from October on Season Cards?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024