Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
News from Owdham... 12:47 - Sep 21 with 6896 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/september/21092020-club-statement/
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 13:25]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

News from Owdham... on 13:02 - Sep 21 with 5776 viewsD_Alien

Makes sense, since Latics are "going backwards"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

News from Owdham... on 15:12 - Sep 21 with 5464 viewsSandyman

Unhappy times in BIFFOland

http://www.owtb.co.uk/forum/1-the-opinions4u-terraces-latics-forum/
News from Owdham... on 16:17 - Sep 21 with 5299 viewsSuddenLad

News from Owdham... on 17:36 - Sep 21 with 5094 viewskel

Another comedy club who thought they could lord it over us. Not seen a biffo on here for ages have we and only Rob represents the buckets these days?

Gutted for them...
News from Owdham... on 18:24 - Sep 21 with 4954 views442Dale

News from Owdham... on 16:17 - Sep 21 by SuddenLad

Imre Varadi! There’s a blast from the past.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

News from Owdham... on 18:40 - Sep 21 with 4909 viewsThacks_Rabbits

We could do a lot worse than Wheater. Can’t see us paying him 4K a week he is reportedly on but then I can’t see Owdham actually paying him!

6 foot 5 who can play right back if needs be and a decent injury record, be interesting to see what happens and also if Salford come back in for him.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

News from Owdham... on 19:10 - Sep 21 with 4851 viewsSuddenLad

News from Owdham... on 18:24 - Sep 21 by 442Dale

Imre Varadi! There’s a blast from the past.

I preferred his brother, Ollie

News from Owdham... on 21:14 - Sep 21 with 4575 viewsSandyman

News from Owdham... on 17:36 - Sep 21 by kel

Another comedy club who thought they could lord it over us. Not seen a biffo on here for ages have we and only Rob represents the buckets these days?

Gutted for them...

Funny that they are so absent. The BIFFO's claim that "we've taken your town" is even more ridiculous now. Maybe they can resurrect it when they play AFC buckets.
Login to get fewer ads

News from Owdham... on 22:38 - Sep 21 with 4422 viewsoddjob007

News from Owdham... on 18:40 - Sep 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

We could do a lot worse than Wheater. Can’t see us paying him 4K a week he is reportedly on but then I can’t see Owdham actually paying him!

6 foot 5 who can play right back if needs be and a decent injury record, be interesting to see what happens and also if Salford come back in for him.

2 aging centre halves is quite enough!
News from Owdham... on 13:14 - Sep 24 with 3692 viewsphilofOAFC

News from Owdham... on 17:36 - Sep 21 by kel

Gutted for them...

Used to come on your Board for a bit of advice, just had a look at my postings and seems the last one I put was 4th January 2020 wishing you lot all the best against United. How time flies! Since then we have had a curtailed 2019/20 season, a pandemic which is showing no sign of disappearing and many clubs, individuals and businesses facing financial ruin if we all go into lockdown again.
I agree with the term "Comedy club" although in fairness, its not that comical being a Latics fan at the moment. I have an affinity for all Lancashire clubs bar the 2 big Manchester teams and the Wanderers (from 70s) and wish them all the best. Hoping the Dale stay solvent (some things don't change) and you all have a team to support for the foreesable future. We at Oldham are facing much more pressing issues and are substantially more at risk I would guess at completing the season.
News from Owdham... on 14:20 - Sep 24 with 3536 viewskel

News from Owdham... on 13:14 - Sep 24 by philofOAFC

Used to come on your Board for a bit of advice, just had a look at my postings and seems the last one I put was 4th January 2020 wishing you lot all the best against United. How time flies! Since then we have had a curtailed 2019/20 season, a pandemic which is showing no sign of disappearing and many clubs, individuals and businesses facing financial ruin if we all go into lockdown again.
I agree with the term "Comedy club" although in fairness, its not that comical being a Latics fan at the moment. I have an affinity for all Lancashire clubs bar the 2 big Manchester teams and the Wanderers (from 70s) and wish them all the best. Hoping the Dale stay solvent (some things don't change) and you all have a team to support for the foreesable future. We at Oldham are facing much more pressing issues and are substantially more at risk I would guess at completing the season.

Aye, I remember you now Phil. You were always a good poster with humility and people like you are a credit to your club. Unfortunately we had a few massive bellends who came on here with a billy big balls attitude and it’s those types that tend to stick in the mind. Same with the pricks from bury we’ve had to endure over the years (hi tiler boy 😘)

You’re a decent chap and the ones like you have my best wishes.
News from Owdham... on 11:41 - Sep 25 with 3161 viewsphilofOAFC

News from Owdham... on 14:20 - Sep 24 by kel

Aye, I remember you now Phil. You were always a good poster with humility and people like you are a credit to your club. Unfortunately we had a few massive bellends who came on here with a billy big balls attitude and it’s those types that tend to stick in the mind. Same with the pricks from bury we’ve had to endure over the years (hi tiler boy 😘)

You’re a decent chap and the ones like you have my best wishes.

Cheers Kel

How are Daleys feeling these days? Seems you have lost a few players but in time honoured fashion are seemingly managing it ok? Good luck with season mate
As for us, well totally different story. Nothing at all in place off the field and on the field is subject to the meddlings of a sporting director (he says laughably) not fit for purpose. Just want my club back but its painful watching it implode and can't see things improving under this regime.
More chance of playing Bury AFC in future than Rochdale FC I would guess at the minute but hoping things will change
News from Owdham... on 12:29 - Sep 25 with 3090 viewskel

News from Owdham... on 11:41 - Sep 25 by philofOAFC

Cheers Kel

How are Daleys feeling these days? Seems you have lost a few players but in time honoured fashion are seemingly managing it ok? Good luck with season mate
As for us, well totally different story. Nothing at all in place off the field and on the field is subject to the meddlings of a sporting director (he says laughably) not fit for purpose. Just want my club back but its painful watching it implode and can't see things improving under this regime.
More chance of playing Bury AFC in future than Rochdale FC I would guess at the minute but hoping things will change

I try to look on the positive side of things mate so I’m hopeful of a successful (in our eyes) season. Unfortunately we have a large negative percentage of support who will moan for moanings sake and will slate the club every chance they get.

I had a debate with someone on Twitter yesterday when we made a signing who questioned why we didn’t go for an ex-premier league or championship forward from the released list. However, when I asked them to name which players they had in mind the question was dodged.

I have some concerns about stuff behind the scenes but I think the board do more right than wrong. We have one supporter in particular who shouts the loudest and claims we lack ambition, but when we paid a fee for Humphrys claimed the positive supporters were being “thrown a fish”. The board really can’t do right for doing wrong in some quarters and it’s a bit pathetic to be honest.

All the best too.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 12:31]
News from Owdham... on 21:20 - Sep 25 with 2807 viewsjudd

News from Owdham... on 12:29 - Sep 25 by kel

I try to look on the positive side of things mate so I’m hopeful of a successful (in our eyes) season. Unfortunately we have a large negative percentage of support who will moan for moanings sake and will slate the club every chance they get.

I had a debate with someone on Twitter yesterday when we made a signing who questioned why we didn’t go for an ex-premier league or championship forward from the released list. However, when I asked them to name which players they had in mind the question was dodged.

I have some concerns about stuff behind the scenes but I think the board do more right than wrong. We have one supporter in particular who shouts the loudest and claims we lack ambition, but when we paid a fee for Humphrys claimed the positive supporters were being “thrown a fish”. The board really can’t do right for doing wrong in some quarters and it’s a bit pathetic to be honest.

All the best too.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 12:31]

Kels right, as ever. Questioning the management of a football club equates to negativity and heresy.

That's why you won't find a 300+ page thread generally lampooning the blind allegiance of bury fans when they unilaterally embraced boardroom changes at their club.

We do, after all, know best.

#Hasbropricefixingmillionsinfines

Poll: What is it to be then?

News from Owdham... on 21:43 - Sep 25 with 2746 viewsrobshaker

yes judd bro saying man..

I agree both foldham and fail will be meeting AFC Bury quicker than they think...

probably not Salford tho.

"this famous old club"
News from Owdham... on 21:49 - Sep 25 with 2732 viewsjudd

News from Owdham... on 21:43 - Sep 25 by robshaker

yes judd bro saying man..

I agree both foldham and fail will be meeting AFC Bury quicker than they think...

probably not Salford tho.

"this famous old club"

Cheers for the vids Rob. You've progressed since mattress boning was your ting.

News from Owdham... on 21:55 - Sep 25 with 2714 viewsrobshaker

News from Owdham... on 21:49 - Sep 25 by judd

Cheers for the vids Rob. You've progressed since mattress boning was your ting.

aye lad lockdowns been the making of me ive come along way..
News from Owdham... on 21:59 - Sep 25 with 2702 viewsjudd

News from Owdham... on 21:55 - Sep 25 by robshaker

aye lad lockdowns been the making of me ive come along way..

Literally 😁

News from Owdham... on 23:03 - Sep 25 with 2596 viewsnordenblue

News from Owdham... on 21:59 - Sep 25 by judd

Literally 😁

All the way across the mattress.... Good shooting rob
News from Owdham... on 23:18 - Sep 25 with 2561 viewsrobshaker

News from Owdham... on 23:03 - Sep 25 by nordenblue

All the way across the mattress.... Good shooting rob

has judd been sharing my videos?? don't blame him
News from Owdham... on 23:32 - Sep 25 with 2553 viewskel

News from Owdham... on 21:20 - Sep 25 by judd

Kels right, as ever. Questioning the management of a football club equates to negativity and heresy.

That's why you won't find a 300+ page thread generally lampooning the blind allegiance of bury fans when they unilaterally embraced boardroom changes at their club.

We do, after all, know best.

#Hasbropricefixingmillionsinfines

Remember that time we were both castigated for comments about other Rochdale supporters? Yeah, that. If your mate wants to mock others claiming they were thrown a fish and basically slating them if they don’t hold the same opinion as him on any subject, then he’s inviting a response. Tough titty if you don’t like it.

You may like to read my post again where I said I have concerns, it’s just that I don’t choose to ram it down everybody’s throat at every opportunity. I pretty much reckon we’ve established you don’t like DB by now but it’s almost as obsessive as me with bury.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 23:35]
News from Owdham... on 10:43 - Sep 26 with 2351 viewsjudd

News from Owdham... on 23:32 - Sep 25 by kel

Remember that time we were both castigated for comments about other Rochdale supporters? Yeah, that. If your mate wants to mock others claiming they were thrown a fish and basically slating them if they don’t hold the same opinion as him on any subject, then he’s inviting a response. Tough titty if you don’t like it.

You may like to read my post again where I said I have concerns, it’s just that I don’t choose to ram it down everybody’s throat at every opportunity. I pretty much reckon we’ve established you don’t like DB by now but it’s almost as obsessive as me with bury.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 23:35]

Nice edit.

If you don't like my challenges to decisions and public pronouncements, use the ignore feature. You won't stop me.

Ask yourself why, after the Sunderland home game debacle 2 seasons ago the Trust decided to never have one to one meetings with the CEO.?

News from Owdham... on 11:29 - Sep 26 with 2271 viewskel

News from Owdham... on 10:43 - Sep 26 by judd

Nice edit.

If you don't like my challenges to decisions and public pronouncements, use the ignore feature. You won't stop me.

Ask yourself why, after the Sunderland home game debacle 2 seasons ago the Trust decided to never have one to one meetings with the CEO.?

As far as I recall, the only edits I made were for typos but feel free to post what you think I said. In fact, I implore you to post it for the sake of clarity. Let’s see.

I don’t doubt your intentions are good but I’m also free to voice my opinion on those who I think are causing unnecessary disruption. Feel free to use the ignore feature.

I don’t need to ask myself anything thanks.
News from Owdham... on 11:55 - Sep 26 with 2191 viewsjudd

News from Owdham... on 11:29 - Sep 26 by kel

As far as I recall, the only edits I made were for typos but feel free to post what you think I said. In fact, I implore you to post it for the sake of clarity. Let’s see.

I don’t doubt your intentions are good but I’m also free to voice my opinion on those who I think are causing unnecessary disruption. Feel free to use the ignore feature.

I don’t need to ask myself anything thanks.

It appears to me that you expanded the obsessive bit, but apologies if I missed it originally, and thanks for correcting your typos.

Just for the record, according to correspondence with mods on here, challenging decisions is acceptable to the club, personal attacks are not.

I shook hands with the CEO on this basis, having firstly apologised to him.

Fella.

News from Owdham... on 15:44 - Sep 26 with 2055 viewsrobshaker

hey judd did your lad play bury youth the other week you never let me know?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024