Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Billy Kee 20:05 - Sep 21 with 1877 viewsfrenzied

Nice piece on the BBC sport website re his progress..can’t do the linky thing but do give it a look..pleased to see he is happier in his new daily routine
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 20:06]
Billy Kee on 20:11 - Sep 21 with 1848 views442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54189703

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Billy Kee on 20:12 - Sep 21 with 1843 viewsnordenblue

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/54189703
Billy Kee on 21:04 - Sep 21 with 1723 viewsReedy

A very good read, he’s so honest (as he has been throughout since first speaking about it) a great lower league player, who I’ve no doubt could’ve played higher had he not had his demons. As he says in the article, if he helps one person get help, then it’s well worth it, i think over the years it will be much more than that!

There’s an interview somewhere with John Coleman about it, and how the perception has changed since he stopped playing and how he gave Kee two weeks off to go back to building sites when he started struggling originally.

Also, a huge amount of respect to the Ipswich supporters for the banner shown in the article, I hadn’t seen that before, but thats a really classy touch.

Blog: The FA Cup

Billy Kee on 17:00 - Sep 22 with 1339 viewsTomRAFC

Superb article. I got a bit choked up seeing that banner from the Ipswich fans.

Those of you that know me will know I'm a psychotherapist in my day job. I really can't overstate how much good it does when people like Billy come out and talk so openly. It's a heartbreaking story told in the most heartwarming way.

Anyone wanting help themselves can contact their GP, or google their local NHS IAPT service to access free talking therapies. I also particularly reccomend calmzone.net for men. They also run a free phoneline open 5pm-midnight every night. It's free and confidential - call 0800 585858. Alternatively the Samaritans are there 24/7 for everyone - call 116 123. If you're having a bad day but you're not at your worst then call them then. Then if you ever really need them you aren't expecting something new of yourself.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024