Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs 21:20 - Sep 21 with 4382 views442Dale

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/september/club-statement/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 21:41 - Sep 21 with 3251 viewsD_Alien

Detail, clarity and passion; an object lesson in how not only to communicate with fans but to actively engage with and involve them

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:07 - Sep 21 with 3166 viewsjudd

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 21:41 - Sep 21 by D_Alien

Detail, clarity and passion; an object lesson in how not only to communicate with fans but to actively engage with and involve them

Wow. What a statement. Look at the size of refunds. Totally open about it. Good luck to them.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:17 - Sep 21 with 3138 viewsFrites

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:07 - Sep 21 by judd

Wow. What a statement. Look at the size of refunds. Totally open about it. Good luck to them.

When he sacked John McGreal (who took them to the play offs last season) and released all their out of contract players the fans were less than impressed.........
Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:18 - Sep 21 with 3131 viewsjudd

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:17 - Sep 21 by Frites

When he sacked John McGreal (who took them to the play offs last season) and released all their out of contract players the fans were less than impressed.........

And...?

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:31 - Sep 21 with 3088 viewsjudd

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:17 - Sep 21 by Frites

Remember the chest beating and very public vote of confidence in Keith you, erm, the CEO issued the week before you sacked him?

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:31 - Sep 21 with 3090 viewsFrites

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:18 - Sep 21 by judd

And...?

Hence the size of the refunds......a significant majority wanted their money back, in contrast to many clubs.
Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:34 - Sep 21 with 3082 viewsjudd

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:31 - Sep 21 by Frites

Hence the size of the refunds......a significant majority wanted their money back, in contrast to many clubs.

Fair point. 60% of our season ticket holders didn't renew.

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:36 - Sep 21 with 3078 viewsFrites

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:31 - Sep 21 by judd

Remember the chest beating and very public vote of confidence in Keith you, erm, the CEO issued the week before you sacked him?

Ha, ha, ha do you really think I am David Bottomley - seriously?? I was purely providing some context to Colchester Utd’s situation, isn’t that ‘allowed’?
Login to get fewer ads

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:39 - Sep 21 with 3059 viewsjudd

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:36 - Sep 21 by Frites

Ha, ha, ha do you really think I am David Bottomley - seriously?? I was purely providing some context to Colchester Utd’s situation, isn’t that ‘allowed’?

All for honest and open debate on here, ha ha ha.

Me not being close to other EFL clubs I appreciated your insight.

Ha ha ha

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:45 - Sep 21 with 3037 viewsVivaDonaldo

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 21:41 - Sep 21 by D_Alien

Aye, if only our chairman was as open and honest with the fans.....

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/an-update-from-the-chairman/
Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:49 - Sep 21 with 3025 viewsSuddenLad

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:31 - Sep 21 by judd

3 days. Daves Weekly Waffle on Thursday, Daves Deadly Decision on Sunday after a 2-0 defeat at table-topping Luton Town.

3 days.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:50 - Sep 21 with 3023 viewsjudd

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:45 - Sep 21 by VivaDonaldo

Aye. If only.

Money from Wolves, anyone?

RMBC loan, anyone?

Stephen Humphrys, anyone?

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:58 - Sep 21 with 3005 viewsFrites

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:39 - Sep 21 by judd

All for honest and open debate on here, ha ha ha.

Me not being close to other EFL clubs I appreciated your insight.

Ha ha ha

I happen to know a Colchester Utd fan and it is fair to say he isn’t Robbie’s biggest fan! What on earth that has to do with Keith Hill being sacked, I have no idea.
Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 23:00 - Sep 21 with 2988 viewsVivaDonaldo

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:50 - Sep 21 by judd

Aye. If only.

Money from Wolves, anyone?

RMBC loan, anyone?

Stephen Humphrys, anyone?

From reading the Colchester chairman's message he makes reference to only one transfer income and that was the percentage on Szmodics. This isn't made clear and no numbers are mentioned in that respect.

The rest of his statement although littered with numbers and figures is all at pains to paint the disadvantaged position the club is in.

So I'm not sure why the need to know the transfer income from Luke if that potentially puts us in a poor bargaining position with players and other clubs?

In what way do you feel uninformed on Stephen Humphrys?
Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 23:03 - Sep 21 with 2976 viewsD_Alien

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:45 - Sep 21 by VivaDonaldo

It's a good statement, except i don't believe it was put together by the person whose name appears at the bottom

If he had as much grip on the erm...affairs of the club, he'd be vocalising them at fan forums and meeting with the Trust to further elucidate our position

But nevertheless, and however it originated, as an update it served its purpose, and was welcome at the time

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 23:05 - Sep 21 with 2960 viewsjudd

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 22:58 - Sep 21 by Frites

I happen to know a Colchester Utd fan and it is fair to say he isn’t Robbie’s biggest fan! What on earth that has to do with Keith Hill being sacked, I have no idea.

Robbie?

One fan you know is valid in terms of the detail contained in the chairman's statement? Are you suggesting that all club statements are therefore bollocks?

Glad you bit on Keith, hahaha.

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 23:07 - Sep 21 with 2950 viewsjudd

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 23:00 - Sep 21 by VivaDonaldo

From reading the Colchester chairman's message he makes reference to only one transfer income and that was the percentage on Szmodics. This isn't made clear and no numbers are mentioned in that respect.

The rest of his statement although littered with numbers and figures is all at pains to paint the disadvantaged position the club is in.

So I'm not sure why the need to know the transfer income from Luke if that potentially puts us in a poor bargaining position with players and other clubs?

In what way do you feel uninformed on Stephen Humphrys?

I don't.

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 23:16 - Sep 21 with 2931 viewsVivaDonaldo

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 23:03 - Sep 21 by D_Alien

It's a good statement, except i don't believe it was put together by the person whose name appears at the bottom

If he had as much grip on the erm...affairs of the club, he'd be vocalising them at fan forums and meeting with the Trust to further elucidate our position

But nevertheless, and however it originated, as an update it served its purpose, and was welcome at the time

I dont know what it's like in your place of work but in mine we hear a lot more from the CEO than we do from the chairperson, both internally and externally.

Appreciate football clubs are a different beast in some respects but I'd think in some situations, especially where fans have questions about the day to day running of the club, they're best handled by those responsible for the day to day?
Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 23:17 - Sep 21 with 2914 viewsSuddenLad

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 23:16 - Sep 21 by VivaDonaldo

I dont know what it's like in your place of work but in mine we hear a lot more from the CEO than we do from the chairperson, both internally and externally.

Appreciate football clubs are a different beast in some respects but I'd think in some situations, especially where fans have questions about the day to day running of the club, they're best handled by those responsible for the day to day?

When available.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 00:04 - Sep 22 with 2845 viewsD_Alien

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 23:16 - Sep 21 by VivaDonaldo

Which is precisely why it was unexpected to have that particular statement made by the chairman

Apart from a Christmas message, made in very general terms, there's been no detailed communication from him since he took up the position. It's my opinion that he became the signatory to this statement to try to take some of the heat off our CEO, whose previous references to fans about "patience" were seen as rather condescending by some, including myself

But no matter. In praising the statement by the Colchester chairman, any inferred critique of others could only occur with some basis in reality

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 06:52 - Sep 22 with 2687 viewssurb_dale

Interesting read. So Col U had an I follow 'crowd' of 2704 for their home game v Bolton but in effect only 452 home fans and received income for 952 of the total crowd. Wonder how our game v Pompey stacked up numbers wise in comparison?

What is clear is that small supported clubs in particular like Dale will suffer. We will have received a tiny proportion of receipts compared with what we normally would have had for a home game against a well supported club like Portsmouth.

Clearly this is not sustainable so a number of clubs will be in major trouble by xmas especially now that it looks like crowds won't be allowed to attend for the forseeable future.
Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 07:23 - Sep 22 with 2657 viewsD_Alien

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 06:52 - Sep 22 by surb_dale

Interesting read. So Col U had an I follow 'crowd' of 2704 for their home game v Bolton but in effect only 452 home fans and received income for 952 of the total crowd. Wonder how our game v Pompey stacked up numbers wise in comparison?

What is clear is that small supported clubs in particular like Dale will suffer. We will have received a tiny proportion of receipts compared with what we normally would have had for a home game against a well supported club like Portsmouth.

Clearly this is not sustainable so a number of clubs will be in major trouble by xmas especially now that it looks like crowds won't be allowed to attend for the forseeable future.

Indeed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54241353

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 08:21 - Sep 22 with 2572 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 08:46 - Sep 22 with 2539 viewssurb_dale

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 08:21 - Sep 22 by 442Dale

Begs the question whether the season should ever have started now. Should the season now be paused as well with players and staff back on furlough? Hard to see crowds being allowed in for rest of the year at least. Unless a major support package is announced a number of clubs will be bankrupt. Crazy times.
Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 08:47 - Sep 22 with 2537 viewsFrites

Informative read on the current situation at lower league clubs on 23:05 - Sep 21 by judd

Robbie?

One fan you know is valid in terms of the detail contained in the chairman's statement? Are you suggesting that all club statements are therefore bollocks?

Glad you bit on Keith, hahaha.

He is universally known in the area as Robbie- the clue is in the statement heading ‘latest update from Robbie’. I lived in the area and may actually may know a bit more about the club and the context than you do.....
I used to think you knew what you were talking about, I have reconsidered my opinion!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024