Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM injury update 12:37 - Sep 25 with 4302 viewsjacko_dale

Humphrys, Amankwaah and Baah all out for 6-8 weeks. McLaughlin is doubtful. O'Connell's injury was a knock to the knee but there's a chance he plays.

Anyone in the Suffolk area with a spare pair of boots free at 3pm tomorrow?

Edit: just read the match preview at the top of the page!
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 12:38]
BBM injury update on 12:51 - Sep 25 with 3353 viewsD_Alien

Suspect Beesley will start on the bench

Not having played a competitive game for six months, there's the danger that he'll be tearing around and overstretching himself (it could be argued that's what Humphrys did) and picking up the kind of injury we just can't afford, especially with the faster pace he'll have to contend with

We need him to stay focused on what he was brought here for at the right end of the pitch, unless of course, we're defending a lead in the last quarter...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBM injury update on 14:03 - Sep 25 with 3167 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It's one step forward,one step back for us right now.....we had the same problem last season with key injuries. I know it gives the other few players a chance but these are not the influential players we need. Humphrys already a huge loss.

As for McLaughlin crocked again, what next?
BBM injury update on 14:21 - Sep 25 with 3116 viewsJames1980

BBM injury update on 14:03 - Sep 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

It's one step forward,one step back for us right now.....we had the same problem last season with key injuries. I know it gives the other few players a chance but these are not the influential players we need. Humphrys already a huge loss.

As for McLaughlin crocked again, what next?

Can a lengthy foot injury lead to the risk of other parts of the leg getting injured even when the foot has recovered?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM injury update on 14:51 - Sep 25 with 3019 viewsD_Alien

BBM injury update on 14:21 - Sep 25 by James1980

Can a lengthy foot injury lead to the risk of other parts of the leg getting injured even when the foot has recovered?

Possibly. There's always a tendency to overcompensate during recovery by straining other muscles to protect the injured foot, which can have a knock-on effect when those muscles are being used subsequently

However, sports professionals should have physiotherapists working with them versed in anticipating and mitigating for this, as far as possible

BBM injury update on 14:52 - Sep 25 with 3021 viewsjudd

BBM injury update on 14:51 - Sep 25 by D_Alien

Possibly. There's always a tendency to overcompensate during recovery by straining other muscles to protect the injured foot, which can have a knock-on effect when those muscles are being used subsequently

However, sports professionals should have physiotherapists working with them versed in anticipating and mitigating for this, as far as possible

Whatever happened to the magic sponge?

Poll: What is it to be then?

BBM injury update on 14:53 - Sep 25 with 3006 viewsD_Alien

BBM injury update on 14:52 - Sep 25 by judd

He's no longer at the club

BBM injury update on 14:53 - Sep 25 with 3010 viewsTVOS1907

BBM injury update on 14:52 - Sep 25 by judd

Let's have it right, there's no such thing as magic.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

BBM injury update on 14:59 - Sep 25 with 2982 viewsnordenblue

BBM injury update on 14:53 - Sep 25 by TVOS1907

What about black magic....
Login to get fewer ads

BBM injury update on 15:00 - Sep 25 with 2975 viewsSuddenLad

BBM injury update on 14:59 - Sep 25 by nordenblue

I prefer All Gold.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBM injury update on 15:10 - Sep 25 with 2946 viewsTVOS1907

It's tragic.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

BBM injury update on 15:13 - Sep 25 with 2930 viewsjudd

BBM injury update on 14:53 - Sep 25 by D_Alien

He's no longer at the club

Oh I don't know...

Poll: What is it to be then?

BBM injury update on 15:28 - Sep 25 with 2887 viewsTomRAFC

BBM injury update on 14:53 - Sep 25 by TVOS1907

The sponge is real though, right?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

BBM injury update on 15:46 - Sep 25 with 2835 viewsspringfieldparka

Given the length of Amankwaah's absence , the ongoing doubts around McLaughlin , and possibly heightened risk in relation to O'Connell , is there a stronger case maybe developing to argue consideration of a 3 month deal being put on the table for Wheater , mainly from a pragmatic viewpoint ?
BBM injury update on 16:42 - Sep 25 with 2697 viewsTomRAFC

BBM injury update on 15:46 - Sep 25 by springfieldparka

Given the length of Amankwaah's absence , the ongoing doubts around McLaughlin , and possibly heightened risk in relation to O'Connell , is there a stronger case maybe developing to argue consideration of a 3 month deal being put on the table for Wheater , mainly from a pragmatic viewpoint ?

BBM talked about paying a fee for players on small wages rather than big waves for free transfers. He's also keen to sign young players. Experienced as he is, I don't see Wheater as being a likely fit for that model.

BBM injury update on 17:13 - Sep 25 with 2603 viewsBrierls

It matters.
BBM injury update on 17:39 - Sep 25 with 2541 viewsJames1980

BBM injury update on 14:51 - Sep 25 by D_Alien

I suppose the likelihood he wouldn't have been able to do any on the feet training whilst injured. When he did get on the pitch, accelerating, decelerating, twisting and turning there was always going to be an elevated risk of injury compared to a player, who hadn't been out for a long time with a foot injury.

BBM injury update on 17:44 - Sep 25 with 2528 viewssurb_dale

Sounds like Keohane will need to play both right back and left back tomorrow given that injury list! Two league games in and already down to bare bones if a squad.
BBM injury update on 18:04 - Sep 25 with 2475 viewsblackdogblue

Give it a week before they are rebranded...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

BBM injury update on 18:47 - Sep 25 with 2386 viewsTomRAFC

BBM injury update on 17:44 - Sep 25 by surb_dale

Sounds like Keohane will need to play both right back and left back tomorrow given that injury list! Two league games in and already down to bare bones if a squad.

I'd expect to see either McNulty/Dunne at left back, or a a switch to a back 3.

BBM injury update on 19:13 - Sep 25 with 2328 viewsShun

Pretty devastating. We got horrendous luck with injuries last season, with the worst injury crisis I’ve known at a club.

But then to be two league games into a season and have another injury crisis, albeit not as bad as last year, makes me tend to think that it’s less bad luck and more a patten. Is the training schedule right? Although I suppose coming out of furlough so late and rushing to get the squad up to speed so quickly won’t have done their bodies much good.
BBM injury update on 09:20 - Sep 26 with 1948 viewsjonahwhereru

BBM injury update on 19:13 - Sep 25 by Shun

Pretty devastating. We got horrendous luck with injuries last season, with the worst injury crisis I’ve known at a club.

But then to be two league games into a season and have another injury crisis, albeit not as bad as last year, makes me tend to think that it’s less bad luck and more a patten. Is the training schedule right? Although I suppose coming out of furlough so late and rushing to get the squad up to speed so quickly won’t have done their bodies much good.

Last season concerns were expressed on here that the training camps prepared the players to hard and that caused early wear and tear. This season BBM has said he understands that the players fitness is behind some other teams right now, but he still wants to manage the build up to full fitness as he is guarding against stressing the squad. Both approaches have yielded injuries. Personally I just feel it’s a contact sport where young males are in competition to make an impact. Hill and by default BBM also sought a competitive environment in training, and I can’t see that changing nor should it. The competitive mindset is a fundamental that needs to be maintained.
BBM injury update on 09:32 - Sep 26 with 1925 viewsJames1980

Last year I did one of those comprehensive DNA tests amongst other things it tests risk of injury. Mine came back as high including risk of ACL injuries and cramps. Do football clubs use such tests when assessing potential players and if the player genetically has a higher risk of injury might a club that can pick and choose be more likely to pass on signing them, unless they are exceptionally gifted.

BBM injury update on 09:44 - Sep 26 with 1897 viewsDaleiLama

BBM injury update on 09:32 - Sep 26 by James1980

Last year I did one of those comprehensive DNA tests amongst other things it tests risk of injury. Mine came back as high including risk of ACL injuries and cramps. Do football clubs use such tests when assessing potential players and if the player genetically has a higher risk of injury might a club that can pick and choose be more likely to pass on signing them, unless they are exceptionally gifted.

Look on the bright side James. If it had been a high risk of tennis elbow you might have had to retire the paddle and stick to ticketing work

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

BBM injury update on 09:47 - Sep 26 with 1883 viewsNigeriamark

BBM injury update on 09:32 - Sep 26 by James1980

I did a DNA test too. I failed
BBM injury update on 10:34 - Sep 26 with 1788 viewsJames1980

BBM injury update on 09:44 - Sep 26 by DaleiLama

Look on the bright side James. If it had been a high risk of tennis elbow you might have had to retire the paddle and stick to ticketing work

Good job to because most of my shifts recently have been wielding a paddle.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024