Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man U youngsters 11:14 - Sep 27 with 16031 viewsboromat

Next up on Tuesday is the EFL Trophy game.

Should imagine all three substitutes will start as they need game time and count as playing in the previous match. Beesley probably needs minutes as well and might play. I'm expecting something like the following and looking forward to it. Chance for some of the players to show they're ready for more minutes in the first team. Real chance for them with us being short on numbers.

Lynch
Keohane
O'Connell
McNulty
Dunne
Dooley
Brierley
Hopper
Tavares
Beesley
Bradley

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Man U youngsters on 10:16 - Sep 30 with 2374 viewsdawlishdale

Man U youngsters on 10:13 - Sep 30 by fitzochris

He was interviewed by Andy Mitten for the United We Stand publication last night. I do agree it's very odd that music is being played to an all but empty stadium. I can also understand why supporters might feel aggrieved that, while they are not allowed in, certain other people are.

I wonder if he gets paid. Perhaps even on some sort of contract? Agree, at half time, I left the stream open and had to turn the volume down, such was the distorted noise coming through. Very strange.
Man U youngsters on 10:19 - Sep 30 with 2365 viewsJames1980

He was interviewed by Andy Mitten for the United We Stand publication last night. I do agree it's very odd that music is being played to an all but empty stadium. I can also understand why supporters might feel aggrieved that, while they are not allowed in, certain other people are.

Not suggesting you would do or that if you had it would have been wrong. Could you have sorted yourself out a press pass to attend the match?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Man U youngsters on 10:41 - Sep 30 with 2290 viewsfitzochris

Man U youngsters on 10:19 - Sep 30 by James1980

Not suggesting you would do or that if you had it would have been wrong. Could you have sorted yourself out a press pass to attend the match?

I wouldn’t want to, James. I can see the match on iFollow and don’t need anything else from the game itself other than that.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Man U youngsters on 11:15 - Sep 30 with 2223 viewsJames1980

Man U youngsters on 10:41 - Sep 30 by fitzochris

I wouldn’t want to, James. I can see the match on iFollow and don’t need anything else from the game itself other than that.

Plus there is the action replays on Ifollow.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Man U youngsters on 11:16 - Sep 30 with 2222 viewsVivaDonaldo

Man U youngsters on 10:19 - Sep 30 by James1980

I think you have to be accredited with the league and in these times getting a pass must be quite difficult.

In fact I saw a mail article where the journalist was upset over Andy Mitten getting a pass for a game for United over them.

Found it: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8633399/amp/SPORTS-AGENDA-Man

I can understand the issues around volume but from watching/listening on ifollow a lot of clubs are playing music and you'd think that having someone on the tannoy is still a health and safety requirement.
Man U youngsters on 12:09 - Sep 30 with 2084 viewsDaleiLama

Salford date announced

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Man U youngsters on 12:35 - Sep 30 with 2010 viewsMass_Debater

Man U youngsters on 11:16 - Sep 30 by VivaDonaldo

I think you have to be accredited with the league and in these times getting a pass must be quite difficult.

In fact I saw a mail article where the journalist was upset over Andy Mitten getting a pass for a game for United over them.

Found it: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8633399/amp/SPORTS-AGENDA-Man

I can understand the issues around volume but from watching/listening on ifollow a lot of clubs are playing music and you'd think that having someone on the tannoy is still a health and safety requirement.

As is having your eardrums pierced.
Man U youngsters on 12:39 - Sep 30 with 1985 viewsMass_Debater

In an ideal world a fan would have been interviewed instead.
Login to get fewer ads

Man U youngsters on 13:26 - Sep 30 with 1872 viewsD_Dale

Dale's penalty award looks rather strange:

Man U youngsters on 18:46 - Sep 30 with 1664 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Man U youngsters on 10:07 - Sep 30 by Dalenet

Agree with all of that. Keohane was excellent I thought and his crosses were pretty accurate. Pleasing to see the talent of the youngsters and Lynch handled everything thrown at him. Very encouraging for the future

The Man Utd players must learn to respect the ref though. We were physical when needed but played the ball on the floor on an excellent pitch.

One observation. Just how loud was Sweetmore - you couldn't hear the commentary team over him. Why was he needed in an empty stadium?

Why is sweetmore needed full stop!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Man U youngsters on 19:37 - Sep 30 with 1599 viewsboromat

Man U youngsters on 11:16 - Sep 30 by VivaDonaldo

I presumed the club were just trying to make the match experience feel/sound as close to normal as possible. There is talk in Bottomleys interview of trying to offer the boxes and hospitality passes etc. They were also planning for fans to be back soon. Maybe that line of thinking will change soon however if we can keep Dave on for a bit I hope we do he must have lost a lot of work this year with the clubs not being open etc.

Man U youngsters on 15:20 - Oct 1 with 1340 viewsDaleiLama

Well done to this young man - you can see how proud he is!

[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 15:21]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Man U youngsters on 19:25 - Oct 1 with 1193 viewsswindondale

Man U youngsters on 15:20 - Oct 1 by DaleiLama

Well done to this young man - you can see how proud he is!

[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 15:21]

There's a long version of this, free, on iFollow. Talks of attending games over the years and standing behind the goal at the Sandy Lane End with the other youngster who came on late, Kacper Mialkowski. He speaks well in front of the camera, for such a young man.
By the way, the extended match highlights (about 10mins) that appear on the iFollow EFL App after each game so far have been excellent.
Man U youngsters on 20:15 - Oct 1 with 1141 viewsboromat

Man U youngsters on 19:25 - Oct 1 by swindondale

There's a long version of this, free, on iFollow. Talks of attending games over the years and standing behind the goal at the Sandy Lane End with the other youngster who came on late, Kacper Mialkowski. He speaks well in front of the camera, for such a young man.
By the way, the extended match highlights (about 10mins) that appear on the iFollow EFL App after each game so far have been excellent.

Love the fact they're both Dale fans and used to attend games in the Sandy! It's getting more and more rare for Dale fans to become players and then two come along at once.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024