Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
R Luke started today. 21:10 - Sep 28 with 2614 viewsJames1980

3-0 win as well

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

R Luke started today. on 11:06 - Sep 29 with 2204 viewsdingdangblue

U23 football is a bit pointless for Luke when he's already played the real thing. Hopefully we've enquired about his return.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

R Luke started today. on 12:16 - Sep 29 with 2125 viewsChaffRAFC

R Luke started today. on 11:06 - Sep 29 by dingdangblue

U23 football is a bit pointless for Luke when he's already played the real thing. Hopefully we've enquired about his return.

I'd imagine, even U23 level, the level of technical ability is higher than our level. Maybe not the physical or mental aspect but he will be playing with technically very good players in the U23's at Wolves until a time comes where he can go out on loan and when he does, he'll be technically better as well as being used to the physicality of the EFL or first team football. Suspect it will help him integrate into his club as well. A loan now will have seen him sign for Wolves in January and only started at Wolves this season so a loan move away now might not benefit in terms of being unable to integrate with his team mates?

Watch him get loaned out this week now.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

R Luke started today. on 12:22 - Sep 29 with 2112 viewsJames1980

R Luke started today. on 12:16 - Sep 29 by ChaffRAFC

I'd imagine, even U23 level, the level of technical ability is higher than our level. Maybe not the physical or mental aspect but he will be playing with technically very good players in the U23's at Wolves until a time comes where he can go out on loan and when he does, he'll be technically better as well as being used to the physicality of the EFL or first team football. Suspect it will help him integrate into his club as well. A loan now will have seen him sign for Wolves in January and only started at Wolves this season so a loan move away now might not benefit in terms of being unable to integrate with his team mates?

Watch him get loaned out this week now.

Could he do a better job at left back than the players we can currently use to fill that position?

R Luke started today. on 12:33 - Sep 29 with 2084 viewsMass_Debater

R Luke started today. on 12:22 - Sep 29 by James1980

Could he do a better job at left back than the players we can currently use to fill that position?

Not sure if serious...
R Luke started today. on 13:44 - Sep 29 with 1948 viewsChaffRAFC

R Luke started today. on 12:22 - Sep 29 by James1980

I'd imagine so but surely we'd need to be in the market for a left back rather than a right back who might do ok at left back?

R Luke started today. on 14:08 - Sep 29 with 1895 viewsJames1980

R Luke started today. on 12:33 - Sep 29 by Mass_Debater

Not sure if serious...

No, but and yes in that order.

R Luke started today. on 15:27 - Sep 29 with 1822 viewsJames1980

R Luke started today. on 13:44 - Sep 29 by ChaffRAFC

I'd imagine so but surely we'd need to be in the market for a left back rather than a right back who might do ok at left back?

Be good to know how the search for a left back is going.

R Luke started today. on 16:06 - Sep 29 with 1755 viewsChaffRAFC

R Luke started today. on 15:27 - Sep 29 by James1980

Be good to know how the search for a left back is going.

I'm having this exact conversation with a mate as I write this. My thoughts are that we evidently need a left back and are after one. Caleb Richards was one we went after and he wasn't deemed good enough. I suspect that was a blow for BBM. There are free agents that we know all about like Joe Bunney and Sam Hart. Hart has been on trial at Accrington but didn't sign for them. Why would that be? Chances are he either wants more than they (and therefore us too) can afford, or he's not proven he's worth signing (and therefore not for us either potentially). If we wanted Joe Bunney, we'd have signed him weeks ago I reckon. He'd jump at the chance to come back, even admitted it on his instagram.

So, we're obviously after either a better standard, probably on loan, and although we're desperate for a left back, this run of games, has always been a case of any point is more than expected and the window shuts next week. If we've not managed to get someone in by then, we can still look at free transfers so maybe we have to wait for wage demands to lower or use Joe Bunney as a last resort of being better than we have but not a first, or second, third or fourth choice.

We can't afford to make a wrong and costly signing. So I fully expect by this time next week, we'll have a left back in.

Login to get fewer ads

R Luke started today. on 16:29 - Sep 29 with 1704 viewsJames1980

R Luke started today. on 16:06 - Sep 29 by ChaffRAFC

I'm having this exact conversation with a mate as I write this. My thoughts are that we evidently need a left back and are after one. Caleb Richards was one we went after and he wasn't deemed good enough. I suspect that was a blow for BBM. There are free agents that we know all about like Joe Bunney and Sam Hart. Hart has been on trial at Accrington but didn't sign for them. Why would that be? Chances are he either wants more than they (and therefore us too) can afford, or he's not proven he's worth signing (and therefore not for us either potentially). If we wanted Joe Bunney, we'd have signed him weeks ago I reckon. He'd jump at the chance to come back, even admitted it on his instagram.

So, we're obviously after either a better standard, probably on loan, and although we're desperate for a left back, this run of games, has always been a case of any point is more than expected and the window shuts next week. If we've not managed to get someone in by then, we can still look at free transfers so maybe we have to wait for wage demands to lower or use Joe Bunney as a last resort of being better than we have but not a first, or second, third or fourth choice.

We can't afford to make a wrong and costly signing. So I fully expect by this time next week, we'll have a left back in.

It must be an absolute minefield for BBM to decide balancing budget constraints and getting the right players in.

R Luke started today. on 17:24 - Sep 29 with 1625 viewsBrierls

R Luke started today. on 16:29 - Sep 29 by James1980

It must be an absolute minefield for BBM to decide balancing budget constraints and getting the right players in.

Yes. But his title is 'Manager' not 'Head Coach', so it's part of the role.

I think he's doing a good job of it. A weaker manager could have easily just signed the young lad from Norwich on loan, but he didn't fit what BBM wanted. He looked 'steady' but BBM obviously wants more value for money than that. I'm glad he operates in the way he does.

It's blatantly obvious we are desperate for a left back. We haven't signed one for the sake of it.
R Luke started today. on 20:05 - Sep 29 with 1469 viewsTVOS1907

R Luke started today. on 16:06 - Sep 29 by ChaffRAFC

Given Caleb Richards has joined Kidderminster on loan, it sounds like he probably wasn't up to League One football.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

R Luke started today. on 20:47 - Oct 1 with 1212 viewsJames1980

Gave good post match interview

R Luke started today. on 16:55 - Oct 2 with 966 viewsJames1980

England U19s call up

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024