Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus Melbourne 13:29 - Sep 30 with 3625 viewsAussieDale

Given the apparent worsening situation in the UK I thought you might be interested in our experience in Melbourne. We have now been in some kind of lockdown in Melbourne for 6 months. By lockdown I mean takeaway coffees only, pubs and restaurants closed, exercise outside for maximum 1 hour, curfew from 9pm to 5am, no travel more than 5kms from your home address, compulsory to wear masks outside your home, just to name a few restrictions. Massive fines for amy infringements. We're such an obedient, white bread society that all this passses with very little debate. The odd protest is soon put down by our all powerful police force who are absolutely out of control at the moment.

All this in a city of some 3 million people which has recorded about 10 cases a day for the last week or so. Restrictions will still not be lifted for another 2/3 weeks. All this has come about because we relaxed some initial lockdown restrictions some 3 months ago and some quarantine arrangements in hotels went haywire. As a result case numbers exploded. From my reading of the situation in the UK restrictions such as shutting pubs at 10pm are simply absurd and will only make things worse. You either have to live with it or impose strict lockdown conditions. Nothing else will work. Good luck.
Coronavirus Melbourne on 13:51 - Sep 30 with 3570 viewsDalenet

We see the news from Melbourne and the crack down imposed. Did the state provide financial support to you all during lockdown or were you left to manage without supplies or income?

Boris doesn't want to see a total lock down. He knows he will lose the next election if he does it again. He was starting his training to be a bricklayer yesterday so maybe he is getting ready! The UK has decided we need to live with it as best we can. If they let tens of thousands die in care homes this winter the will be an outcry. As for everybody else ....... looks like we are being asked to take a chance. After all we can self isolate if we choose. As an island nation we could so easily have kept the drawbridge up. But we didn't.

Hope all the Daleys stay safe and that we will all laugh about this one day.
Coronavirus Melbourne on 13:58 - Sep 30 with 3549 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our restrictions are currently:-
Erm, erm, erm, ah, ah, erm, erm, ah, erm...six, yes six, erm, erm, erm inside, ah, ah, erm, erm, erm...and, six yes six, erm outside and, and, and erm.
Only, it’s not.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Coronavirus Melbourne on 14:18 - Sep 30 with 3495 viewsnordenblue

Coronavirus Melbourne on 13:51 - Sep 30 by Dalenet

We see the news from Melbourne and the crack down imposed. Did the state provide financial support to you all during lockdown or were you left to manage without supplies or income?

Boris doesn't want to see a total lock down. He knows he will lose the next election if he does it again. He was starting his training to be a bricklayer yesterday so maybe he is getting ready! The UK has decided we need to live with it as best we can. If they let tens of thousands die in care homes this winter the will be an outcry. As for everybody else ....... looks like we are being asked to take a chance. After all we can self isolate if we choose. As an island nation we could so easily have kept the drawbridge up. But we didn't.

Hope all the Daleys stay safe and that we will all laugh about this one day.

Big bad Boris won't have any option but a total lockdown if the figures keep following the same trajectory.

If it means a quicker end to all this half hearted "covid secure measures" bollox we've seen for the last 6 months which as seen has been about as much use as a fish with tits, then it can't come soon enough for me.
Coronavirus Melbourne on 14:26 - Sep 30 with 3467 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus Melbourne on 14:18 - Sep 30 by nordenblue

Big bad Boris won't have any option but a total lockdown if the figures keep following the same trajectory.

If it means a quicker end to all this half hearted "covid secure measures" bollox we've seen for the last 6 months which as seen has been about as much use as a fish with tits, then it can't come soon enough for me.

The "fish with tits" option sounds rather appealing to me, with the economy taking a battering perhaps it'd allow for a bit extra from t' chippy

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Coronavirus Melbourne on 14:52 - Sep 30 with 3423 viewsJames1980

Isn't a Whale basically a fish with tits?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Coronavirus Melbourne on 14:56 - Sep 30 with 3409 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus Melbourne on 14:52 - Sep 30 by James1980

Isn't a Whale basically a fish with tits?

A whale is a mammal James. They originally walked on land, unfortunately before the chippy era

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Coronavirus Melbourne on 15:54 - Sep 30 with 3313 viewsDaleiLama

Coronavirus Melbourne on 14:56 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

A whale is a mammal James. They originally walked on land, unfortunately before the chippy era

A "fish with tits" can be a mammal too.

#mermaidlivesmatter

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Coronavirus Melbourne on 16:12 - Sep 30 with 3284 viewsScunnydale

Coronavirus Melbourne on 15:54 - Sep 30 by DaleiLama

A "fish with tits" can be a mammal too.

#mermaidlivesmatter

Looks like she's already attracted her fair share of... no, I best not finish that.
Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus Melbourne on 04:43 - Oct 1 with 3046 viewsDiddyDave

With a crackpot Premier like you`ve got Aussie Dale,no wonder it`s an absolute shambles. Instead of using the police or the army to make sure people arriving from overseas quarantined properly in government assigned hotels,they gave it to tin pot security companies and other contractors none of whom were properly trained,had the right PPE gear and for some of the time were asleep on the job. During the recent inquiry,not one government minister,including the said Premier and top police officers,have admitted to being the person who made the decision to go with security companies. "I don`t recall"; "I can`t remember"; "It could`ve been." Oh yeah,during the six months of lockdown or part lockdown,Daniel Andrews,the Premier,decided it was a good idea for Victoria MPs to be given a pay rise. Yep,you couldn`t make it up.
Coronavirus Melbourne on 06:52 - Oct 1 with 2998 viewsAussieDale

Coronavirus Melbourne on 04:43 - Oct 1 by DiddyDave

With a crackpot Premier like you`ve got Aussie Dale,no wonder it`s an absolute shambles. Instead of using the police or the army to make sure people arriving from overseas quarantined properly in government assigned hotels,they gave it to tin pot security companies and other contractors none of whom were properly trained,had the right PPE gear and for some of the time were asleep on the job. During the recent inquiry,not one government minister,including the said Premier and top police officers,have admitted to being the person who made the decision to go with security companies. "I don`t recall"; "I can`t remember"; "It could`ve been." Oh yeah,during the six months of lockdown or part lockdown,Daniel Andrews,the Premier,decided it was a good idea for Victoria MPs to be given a pay rise. Yep,you couldn`t make it up.

I don't think any state premier has come out of this with glowing reviews. I had a brother and sister in law move permanently from Vic to WA. It took them exactly one month to do that due to various regulations being in force in Vic regional areas, SA border regs, And WA border regs and even then they have have had to leave a fully loaded 4WD in Mildura. When they eventually got to Perth they then had to quarantine in a very basic hotel for two weeks, not allowed to leave their room at a cost to them of $3,000. The big query in VIC is who exactly made the decision re security guards and hotels. The big suspicion, and the reason it wasn't raised at the inquiry, is that the Police Association rejected a request for there members to do the security work, unlike QLD and NSW, and under the terms of their industrial agreement that was that. No politician or police management will ever admit to that as it's an admission as to who governs VIC.
Coronavirus Melbourne on 08:30 - Oct 1 with 2922 viewsPeaky

Coronavirus Melbourne on 06:52 - Oct 1 by AussieDale

I don't think any state premier has come out of this with glowing reviews. I had a brother and sister in law move permanently from Vic to WA. It took them exactly one month to do that due to various regulations being in force in Vic regional areas, SA border regs, And WA border regs and even then they have have had to leave a fully loaded 4WD in Mildura. When they eventually got to Perth they then had to quarantine in a very basic hotel for two weeks, not allowed to leave their room at a cost to them of $3,000. The big query in VIC is who exactly made the decision re security guards and hotels. The big suspicion, and the reason it wasn't raised at the inquiry, is that the Police Association rejected a request for there members to do the security work, unlike QLD and NSW, and under the terms of their industrial agreement that was that. No politician or police management will ever admit to that as it's an admission as to who governs VIC.

We may stick people in costly quarantine for 2 weeks here in WA, but our stats kind of speak for themselves. Pretty much all confirmed cases we have had have been captured offshore on cruise ships or returning overseas travellers. We have 'touch wood' had no community transmission.

The cost of managing the COVID hotels has put a huge drain on WA resources, but up to this point it has been very successful. With the exception of the few absconders who were quickly apprehended, the hotels have been managed well. Also helps that the people of WA listened when they were locked down and stuck to the imposed rules.

WA is leading the way in economic recovery and to be honest for most people here its pretty much back to business as usual. That being said there is some absolutely tragedy in all this mess. People can not see loved ones over the boarder, make important life events and some have lost their livelihood. The government has done well in supporting those most affected but at what cost??

Draconian measures can work but there needs to be full engagement, which sadly is not going to happen in a world where everyone has an opinion an knows best. The sooner this nightmare ends the better.
Coronavirus Melbourne on 11:54 - Oct 1 with 2806 viewsdownunder

Coronavirus Melbourne on 08:30 - Oct 1 by Peaky

We may stick people in costly quarantine for 2 weeks here in WA, but our stats kind of speak for themselves. Pretty much all confirmed cases we have had have been captured offshore on cruise ships or returning overseas travellers. We have 'touch wood' had no community transmission.

The cost of managing the COVID hotels has put a huge drain on WA resources, but up to this point it has been very successful. With the exception of the few absconders who were quickly apprehended, the hotels have been managed well. Also helps that the people of WA listened when they were locked down and stuck to the imposed rules.

WA is leading the way in economic recovery and to be honest for most people here its pretty much back to business as usual. That being said there is some absolutely tragedy in all this mess. People can not see loved ones over the boarder, make important life events and some have lost their livelihood. The government has done well in supporting those most affected but at what cost??

Draconian measures can work but there needs to be full engagement, which sadly is not going to happen in a world where everyone has an opinion an knows best. The sooner this nightmare ends the better.

The race is on...which state will be first to qualify to join the NZ bubble? I doubt if anyone will get here for skiing though.
Coronavirus Melbourne on 15:47 - Oct 1 with 2680 viewsdingdangblue

10 cases per 3 million people.
Better being safe than sorry. 🤔

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Coronavirus Melbourne on 07:30 - Oct 2 with 2553 viewsBigDaveMyCock

King of the Fookwits and his missus have gorrit now.

Coronavirus Melbourne on 07:50 - Oct 2 with 2536 viewsDaleiLama

Coronavirus Melbourne on 07:30 - Oct 2 by BigDaveMyCock

How did Melania get it - she refuses to touch him?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Coronavirus Melbourne on 07:52 - Oct 2 with 2534 viewsNigeriamark

Can’t be true. He was taking Hydroxychloroquine, the game changer!!! I bet he’s been using a 5 G phone and forgot To take his bleach injections
Coronavirus Melbourne on 10:03 - Oct 2 with 2486 viewsdingdangblue

Might be fake news.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Coronavirus Melbourne on 10:14 - Oct 2 with 2471 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Coronavirus Melbourne on 10:03 - Oct 2 by dingdangblue

Might be fake news.

It wouldn’t surprise me. He lays low for a couple of weeks, ducks out of the debates and re-emerges telling everyone it’s nowt and he’s strong as an ox.
Or am I just being as bad as his supporters here with all this conspiratorial stuff?
Judging by his colour, looks as though he’s mistaken his vitamin D for Sunny D.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 10:18]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024