Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players ring fans 11:25 - Oct 9 with 2161 viewsDalenet

Just read the OS and see that the players have started ringing the over 65s as a gesture to keep in touch with the fan base. Well done to the club and the players for that. The article says they will keep doing it until all the over 65s on the database have been reached. Given that is probably half our fan base they will be busy through to March.

I wonder whether any of the fans have given them advice on how to gerrit forward?
Players ring fans on 14:32 - Oct 9 with 1948 viewsChaffRAFC

Gone a little bit under the radar this gesture but well done to the club and the players. Great gesture!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Players ring fans on 15:18 - Oct 9 with 1882 viewsBrierls

Players ring fans on 14:32 - Oct 9 by ChaffRAFC

Gone a little bit under the radar this gesture but well done to the club and the players. Great gesture!

It's not gone under the radar, Chaff. It's been ignored because it doesn't fit a club bashing narrative.

Well done to all involved at the club. It's a great thing to do and I'm sure those who received a call were grateful.
Players ring fans on 16:32 - Oct 9 with 1803 viewsSuddenLad

Yes, Chaff, I hadn't heard of this until today, when I read the news article. Great initiative and I'm sure some people will have been buoyed by receiving a call from one of the players/BBM. Just what's needed to keep the feeling of 'togetherness' in these sterile and surreal times.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Players ring fans on 16:38 - Oct 9 with 1789 viewsdawlishdale

Players ring fans on 15:18 - Oct 9 by Brierls

It's not gone under the radar, Chaff. It's been ignored because it doesn't fit a club bashing narrative.

Well done to all involved at the club. It's a great thing to do and I'm sure those who received a call were grateful.

How smug you appear. I think most people on here are keen to give praise where it's due, whilst keeping an eye on the mistakes that have happened all too often.

I'd hate us all to be happy clappers and end up like Bury.
Players ring fans on 16:50 - Oct 9 with 1749 viewsJames1980

Players ring fans on 16:38 - Oct 9 by dawlishdale

How smug you appear. I think most people on here are keen to give praise where it's due, whilst keeping an eye on the mistakes that have happened all too often.

I'd hate us all to be happy clappers and end up like Bury.

I would like to think we'd ever become 'happy clappers' we have learned from the mistakes of others, surely. If this was a thread about a negative story relating to the club, it wouldn't be only a few posts long it would be at least 2 or 3 pages long by now. Indeed credit where it is due, criticism where it is deserved.

This is a great initiative by the club. It would be nice if they could get players to ring some of the kids in half term as well. With the necessary parental consent of course if required
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 16:53]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Players ring fans on 16:56 - Oct 9 with 1733 viewsTVOS1907

Players ring fans on 16:32 - Oct 9 by SuddenLad

Yes, Chaff, I hadn't heard of this until today, when I read the news article. Great initiative and I'm sure some people will have been buoyed by receiving a call from one of the players/BBM. Just what's needed to keep the feeling of 'togetherness' in these sterile and surreal times.

Did you get a call, SL?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Players ring fans on 16:59 - Oct 9 with 1713 viewsSuddenLad

Players ring fans on 16:56 - Oct 9 by TVOS1907

Did you get a call, SL?

Not yet TVOS. Perhaps 'being on the cusp' it may go either way. If one materialises, I shall be delighted. If not, it remains a great idea. I'll keep you posted.

Players ring fans on 17:45 - Oct 9 with 1641 views442Dale

Players ring fans on 16:50 - Oct 9 by James1980

I would like to think we'd ever become 'happy clappers' we have learned from the mistakes of others, surely. If this was a thread about a negative story relating to the club, it wouldn't be only a few posts long it would be at least 2 or 3 pages long by now. Indeed credit where it is due, criticism where it is deserved.

This is a great initiative by the club. It would be nice if they could get players to ring some of the kids in half term as well. With the necessary parental consent of course if required
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 16:53]

It’s inevitable that when things aren’t done as well as they could be that the threads are longer, usually because it throws up more questions and people having suggestions how a situation could be improved.

You’re right though: credit where it’s due, criticism where it’s deserved.

This another great initiative by the club, also worth noting the stories about the work the Community section are doing too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Players ring fans on 18:40 - Oct 9 with 1554 viewstruenorth

Billy Rudd - have you had your call? I hope the players get comfy when they do.

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Players ring fans on 19:26 - Oct 9 with 1496 viewselectricblue

What a magnificent gesture by the club and all the players who are involved..

Well done

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Players ring fans on 20:35 - Oct 9 with 1388 viewsBillyRudd

Players ring fans on 18:40 - Oct 9 by truenorth

Billy Rudd - have you had your call? I hope the players get comfy when they do.

Not yet young un. There you are you see, there ARE perks when you get old.
Hope it is,nt BBM. Lovely lad but can,t understand a word he says in those interviews, then again I heard every syllable of Hillys diatribes but was equally non the wiser.
Whoever the unfortunate chap is, I will regale them with tales of the 68/69 season when men were men, when we played a season with a squad of about 15 and only one substitute allowed. When we beat both Bradford City and Park Avenue 6-0. When we played on what would be considered a swamp nowadays and thought now,t about it. When linesmen were called just that. When there were 17,000 plus at the Shay and not the least you could queue for your pie and still watch the match.
Up the Dale
ps I have heard they are getting ex players to do something similar for the over forties. I have said you would love a call from M.J. Williams
Players ring fans on 20:40 - Oct 9 with 1371 viewsD_Alien

Players ring fans on 20:35 - Oct 9 by BillyRudd

Hope it is,nt BBM. Lovely lad but can,t understand a word he says in those interviews, then again I heard every syllable of Hillys diatribes but was equally non the wiser.
Whoever the unfortunate chap is, I will regale them with tales of the 68/69 season when men were men, when we played a season with a squad of about 15 and only one substitute allowed. When we beat both Bradford City and Park Avenue 6-0. When we played on what would be considered a swamp nowadays and thought now,t about it. When linesmen were called just that. When there were 17,000 plus at the Shay and not the least you could queue for your pie and still watch the match.
Up the Dale
ps I have heard they are getting ex players to do something similar for the over forties. I have said you would love a call from M.J. Williams

Brilliant!!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Players ring fans on 20:48 - Oct 9 with 1336 viewspioneer

Players ring fans on 20:35 - Oct 9 by BillyRudd

Up the Dale

not forgetting beating Grimsby Town 6-1 Billy. Yes scored 6 three times that memorable season.
Players ring fans on 20:54 - Oct 9 with 1322 viewsSuddenLad

Players ring fans on 20:48 - Oct 9 by pioneer

not forgetting beating Grimsby Town 6-1 Billy. Yes scored 6 three times that memorable season.

Beat me to it, pioneer. Free-scoring Dale.

Players ring fans on 20:56 - Oct 9 with 1306 viewsDaleiLama

Players ring fans on 20:54 - Oct 9 by SuddenLad

Beat me to it, pioneer. Free-scoring Dale.

He said six, not free!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Players ring fans on 20:58 - Oct 9 with 1294 viewsD_Alien

Players ring fans on 20:56 - Oct 9 by DaleiLama

He said six, not free!

Oh i dunno, we also scored phwoarrr a few times too!

Players ring fans on 21:01 - Oct 9 with 1281 viewspioneer

Making it even crazier the Brad City game was followed by 5 games without a goal (4 0-0 draws) and the Park Avenue game by 4 games without a goal (2 0-0 draws).

Yes, a crazy season with goals like bananas ...came in large bunches.
Players ring fans on 21:02 - Oct 9 with 1278 viewsncfc_chalky

A great idea by the club and shows how community minded it is

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Players ring fans on 21:03 - Oct 9 with 1276 viewsSuddenLad

Players ring fans on 21:01 - Oct 9 by pioneer

Making it even crazier the Brad City game was followed by 5 games without a goal (4 0-0 draws) and the Park Avenue game by 4 games without a goal (2 0-0 draws).

Johnny Bananas ?

Players ring fans on 21:06 - Oct 9 with 1266 viewsD_Alien

Players ring fans on 21:03 - Oct 9 by SuddenLad

Johnny Bananas ?

Are they the ones used to demonstrate the application of condoms in sex education classes?

Players ring fans on 21:17 - Oct 9 with 1233 viewsDaleiLama

Players ring fans on 21:01 - Oct 9 by pioneer

Hope that wasn't caught on Asda's cctv?

Players ring fans on 22:33 - Oct 9 with 1144 viewspioneer

Players ring fans on 21:17 - Oct 9 by DaleiLama

Hope that wasn't caught on Asda's cctv?

I can see where this thread is heading ...who will be the first to mention Franny Hall...oops I couldn’t resist.
Players ring fans on 23:13 - Oct 9 with 1106 viewsncfc_chalky

Players ring fans on 22:33 - Oct 9 by pioneer

I can see where this thread is heading ...who will be the first to mention Franny Hall...oops I couldn’t resist.

Are there any photos of the legendary Franny?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Players ring fans on 05:56 - Oct 10 with 1013 viewspioneer

Players ring fans on 23:13 - Oct 9 by ncfc_chalky

Are there any photos of the legendary Franny?

What angle would you like?
Players ring fans on 06:01 - Oct 10 with 1007 viewsDaleiLama

Players ring fans on 05:56 - Oct 10 by pioneer

What angle would you like?

Think Chalky was hoping for some goalcam footage?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024