Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland (A) hospitality 12:33 - Oct 19 with 4687 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/october/hospitality--sunderland_october-

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 12:37 - Oct 19 with 3458 viewsDalenet

Is this 1st April? April fools and all that

Away supporters welcome? Couldn't make it up
Sunderland (A) hospitality on 12:40 - Oct 19 with 3426 viewsD_Alien

The 'away supporters welcome' is a bit silly, but that apart, i'd wondered why this type of initiative wasn't happening at the start of the season

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 12:41 - Oct 19 with 3422 viewsjudd

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 12:37 - Oct 19 by Dalenet

Is this 1st April? April fools and all that

Away supporters welcome? Couldn't make it up

With it being Sunderland I'm surprised home supporters are welcome!

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 12:45 - Oct 19 with 3399 viewsDalenet

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 12:41 - Oct 19 by judd

With it being Sunderland I'm surprised home supporters are welcome!

Very good

But seriously. On the day that we see Rochdale's covid infection rate rise above 450 cases per 100,000 and way higher than anywhere else in Greater Manchester is this really wise. We will be in Tier 3 by Wednesday and so only bars that offer substantial meals will be allowed to open. So they can kiss the ass goodbye to selling tables without food.

Anyway if there are mad people out there, so be it
Sunderland (A) hospitality on 13:02 - Oct 19 with 3340 viewsfunkkk

I'll stream it for free and get a take away and a crate of beer for the same price. I get to turn it off at 3-0 down and go for a sad, cry tommy tank as well.
Sunderland (A) hospitality on 13:49 - Oct 19 with 3245 viewsVivaDonaldo

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 13:02 - Oct 19 by funkkk

I'll stream it for free and get a take away and a crate of beer for the same price. I get to turn it off at 3-0 down and go for a sad, cry tommy tank as well.

You also get to complain when the club doesn't sign players or has to reduce budgets.

At a time the club has minimal revenue streams, its good to see we're trying something. Agree that the away supporters thing is strange, but given the general apathy shown by some home supporters, who can blame them for trying to maximise the opportunity (COVID tier rules permitting of course).
Sunderland (A) hospitality on 13:50 - Oct 19 with 3240 viewsrochdaleriddler

£40!. No reduction for season card holders. Err, no thanks

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 14:27 - Oct 19 with 3164 viewsjudd

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 13:49 - Oct 19 by VivaDonaldo

You also get to complain when the club doesn't sign players or has to reduce budgets.

At a time the club has minimal revenue streams, its good to see we're trying something. Agree that the away supporters thing is strange, but given the general apathy shown by some home supporters, who can blame them for trying to maximise the opportunity (COVID tier rules permitting of course).

I actually think the away supporters invite is a good thing, given these circumstances.

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 14:31 - Oct 19 with 3153 viewsShun

I think it's a good idea, in much the same way that the Zoom call was for the Hull match. It's obviously trying to replicate the social element of football that we miss when we're at home watching it on a screen - seeing fellow fans and chatting to complete strangers about how the 3-0 scoreline flatters us or how sartorially astute BBM is.

The club are doing a lot of these at the minute. The ideas aren't perfect but the club are at least trying to increase revenue in extremely challenging circumstances.
Sunderland (A) hospitality on 16:53 - Oct 19 with 2970 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 14:31 - Oct 19 by Shun

I think it's a good idea, in much the same way that the Zoom call was for the Hull match. It's obviously trying to replicate the social element of football that we miss when we're at home watching it on a screen - seeing fellow fans and chatting to complete strangers about how the 3-0 scoreline flatters us or how sartorially astute BBM is.

The club are doing a lot of these at the minute. The ideas aren't perfect but the club are at least trying to increase revenue in extremely challenging circumstances.

I wasn’t knocking the imitative, just the price. How will you be able to chat to strangers when you will have to sit in your social bubble Btw

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 17:22 - Oct 19 with 2919 viewsShun

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 16:53 - Oct 19 by rochdaleriddler

I wasn’t knocking the imitative, just the price. How will you be able to chat to strangers when you will have to sit in your social bubble Btw

Speak loudly!
Sunderland (A) hospitality on 18:00 - Oct 19 with 2859 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 12:40 - Oct 19 by D_Alien

The 'away supporters welcome' is a bit silly, but that apart, i'd wondered why this type of initiative wasn't happening at the start of the season

Hasn’t there been/ is there an issue with showing the game in a commercial setting?

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 18:40 - Oct 19 with 2763 viewsD_Alien

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 18:00 - Oct 19 by rochdaleriddler

Hasn’t there been/ is there an issue with showing the game in a commercial setting?

Yeah probably, just wondered what'd changed. If something has, you'd think it'd be made known. Surely aspects which affect the club's ability to earn revenue in a Covid setting aren't commercially sensitive?

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 18:43 - Oct 19 with 2760 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 18:00 - Oct 19 by rochdaleriddler

Whilst you have to congratulate the club on the idea, the execution is as haphazard as ever, £40 for some pretentious menu with the chance to watch the game on a big screen!

Nobody in their right mind will travel from Sunderland so why not aim it at locals predominantly with Sunderland fans obviously being welcome. Work out how many we can fit in, charge £20 quid for a ticket, season ticket holders get a free beer voucher. Half time you get homemade meat and potato pie with mushy peas and gravy, probably get a decent take up at that price and it’s more inclusive.

Terrine ffs, that’s up there with carriages! (tm Judd)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 18:57 - Oct 19 with 2719 viewsVivaDonaldo

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 18:43 - Oct 19 by Thacks_Rabbits

Whilst you have to congratulate the club on the idea, the execution is as haphazard as ever, £40 for some pretentious menu with the chance to watch the game on a big screen!

Nobody in their right mind will travel from Sunderland so why not aim it at locals predominantly with Sunderland fans obviously being welcome. Work out how many we can fit in, charge £20 quid for a ticket, season ticket holders get a free beer voucher. Half time you get homemade meat and potato pie with mushy peas and gravy, probably get a decent take up at that price and it’s more inclusive.

I'd think that capacity is limited to try and keep distancing and bubbles intact. The event also has to pay its way with food to be paid for, staff on the day (bar, waiting on, doors).

£20 with the numbers you'd think we could accommodate would end up losing money.

I appreciate where you're coming from though.
Sunderland (A) hospitality on 19:06 - Oct 19 with 2689 viewsjudd

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 18:57 - Oct 19 by VivaDonaldo

I'd think that capacity is limited to try and keep distancing and bubbles intact. The event also has to pay its way with food to be paid for, staff on the day (bar, waiting on, doors).

£20 with the numbers you'd think we could accommodate would end up losing money.

I appreciate where you're coming from though.

I'd expect Sunderland fans we're inviting would be living more local and are able to travel to Spotland.

With regards the menu, could be aimed at corporates and may well sell out.

I think a decent profit could be made with a lesser offering at a lower cost but I'm not in hospitality.

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 19:17 - Oct 19 with 2653 views442Dale

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 19:06 - Oct 19 by judd

I'd expect Sunderland fans we're inviting would be living more local and are able to travel to Spotland.

With regards the menu, could be aimed at corporates and may well sell out.

I think a decent profit could be made with a lesser offering at a lower cost but I'm not in hospitality.

Though the only people they can target are separate households under current restrictions so it’ll mean quite a few tables of 2/3/4 people, and the expectation that a house would be ok with that cost outlay. Under normal circumstances, many would go with friends to fill a table.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 19:25 - Oct 19 with 2629 viewsjudd

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 19:17 - Oct 19 by 442Dale

Though the only people they can target are separate households under current restrictions so it’ll mean quite a few tables of 2/3/4 people, and the expectation that a house would be ok with that cost outlay. Under normal circumstances, many would go with friends to fill a table.

Fair point.

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 15:04 - Oct 20 with 2231 viewsDaleiLama

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 18:43 - Oct 19 by Thacks_Rabbits

It would also mean someone doesn't have to sit there smoking all that mash before they serve it. That can't be good for you?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 15:07 - Oct 20 with 2224 viewsjudd

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 15:04 - Oct 20 by DaleiLama

It would also mean someone doesn't have to sit there smoking all that mash before they serve it. That can't be good for you?

Maybe it's the Players, No 6 and No 10 ?

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 15:14 - Oct 20 with 2213 viewsDaleiLama

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 15:07 - Oct 20 by judd

Maybe it's the Players, No 6 and No 10 ?

As coaches probably won't be laid on they'll no doubt be promoting a Drive and Park scheme too. Need a snappier name than that though.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 15:23 - Oct 20 with 2189 viewsjudd

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 15:14 - Oct 20 by DaleiLama

As coaches probably won't be laid on they'll no doubt be promoting a Drive and Park scheme too. Need a snappier name than that though.

Chariots?

You could always put it on the tab.

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 22:00 - Oct 28 with 1864 viewsD_Alien

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 15:23 - Oct 20 by judd

Chariots?

You could always put it on the tab.

Anyone know how this went?

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 14:13 - Oct 30 with 1581 viewsD_Alien

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 22:00 - Oct 28 by D_Alien

Anyone know how this went?

Well it must've gone ok (talks to himself) since the same is being advertised for the Brizzle game

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/october/bristolrovershospitality/

Was just interested to hear of anyone's experience of this, e.g. atmosphere

Sunderland (A) hospitality on 20:43 - Oct 30 with 1392 viewsSandyman

[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 20:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024