Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club secretary vacancy 15:28 - Oct 26 with 1939 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/october/vacancy_clubsecretary/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Club secretary vacancy on 15:41 - Oct 26 with 1901 viewsSuddenLad

So, who has departed ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club secretary vacancy on 15:55 - Oct 26 with 1861 viewsJames1980

Club secretary vacancy on 15:41 - Oct 26 by SuddenLad

So, who has departed ?

John Smallwood is listed as current club secretary on the website.

Club secretary vacancy on 16:28 - Oct 26 with 1763 viewsTVOS1907

Club secretary vacancy on 15:41 - Oct 26 by SuddenLad

So, who has departed ?

Won't a role like that be advertised because the position is due to become available rather than because someone has departed?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Club secretary vacancy on 16:32 - Oct 26 with 1752 viewsSuddenLad

Club secretary vacancy on 16:28 - Oct 26 by TVOS1907

Won't a role like that be advertised because the position is due to become available rather than because someone has departed?

Not a clue.. .....When was the role of CEO advertised before the current incumbent assumed the position?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club secretary vacancy on 16:39 - Oct 26 with 1724 viewsTVOS1907

Club secretary vacancy on 16:32 - Oct 26 by SuddenLad

Not a clue.. .....When was the role of CEO advertised before the current incumbent assumed the position?

You know the answer to that perfectly well, but I'm not sure of its relevance.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Club secretary vacancy on 16:43 - Oct 26 with 1711 viewsjudd

Club secretary vacancy on 16:39 - Oct 26 by TVOS1907

You know the answer to that perfectly well, but I'm not sure of its relevance.

Good point - I'm not sure James Mason knew he was departing before the unemployed replacement was parachuted in.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Club secretary vacancy on 17:14 - Oct 26 with 1630 viewsD_Alien

The roles of Club Secretary & CEO have evolved, and pretty quickly since Colin Garlick (who undertook both roles by the end of his tenure) moved on

During Colin's time, the leadership role was occupied by the Chairman and now it's clearly not. That's not a comment on the rights or wrongs of this btw, but expanding the team to include someone to undertake the day-to-day legwork and add to the payroll, and the message that we're cash-strapped could be seen to be at odds with each other

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club secretary vacancy on 17:22 - Oct 26 with 1601 viewsjudd

Club secretary vacancy on 17:14 - Oct 26 by D_Alien

The roles of Club Secretary & CEO have evolved, and pretty quickly since Colin Garlick (who undertook both roles by the end of his tenure) moved on

During Colin's time, the leadership role was occupied by the Chairman and now it's clearly not. That's not a comment on the rights or wrongs of this btw, but expanding the team to include someone to undertake the day-to-day legwork and add to the payroll, and the message that we're cash-strapped could be seen to be at odds with each other

Exactly. And paying recruitment agency fees.

Login to get fewer ads

Club secretary vacancy on 17:32 - Oct 26 with 1572 viewsJames1980

What do you think they mean by it being an interim role?

Club secretary vacancy on 17:34 - Oct 26 with 1567 views56years

The current incumbent is John Smallwood who has done a fantastic job but I think is reaching a milestone birthday and has decided that he wants to step down from what must be an onerous position, particularly in the current circumstances.
Nothing mysterious, just the sort of thing that happens in all organisations.
Club secretary vacancy on 17:40 - Oct 26 with 1540 viewstony_roch975

Club secretary vacancy on 17:14 - Oct 26 by D_Alien

I think John Smallwood is more the (part time) Company Secretary, which is a requirement of Company Law (and also an Executive Director) whereas the advertised person spec. looks more like a high-level administrative role. Certainly Colin Garlick did all 3 but I'd guess even a lower league club is a more complex operation than it was a decade ago and I suspect James Mason would have looked for the same development. Will also depend on whether and how the office management roles are redesigned.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Club secretary vacancy on 17:51 - Oct 26 with 1496 viewsD_Alien

Club secretary vacancy on 17:40 - Oct 26 by tony_roch975

I think John Smallwood is more the (part time) Company Secretary, which is a requirement of Company Law (and also an Executive Director) whereas the advertised person spec. looks more like a high-level administrative role. Certainly Colin Garlick did all 3 but I'd guess even a lower league club is a more complex operation than it was a decade ago and I suspect James Mason would have looked for the same development. Will also depend on whether and how the office management roles are redesigned.

Quite. Which suggests that changes have, or are, taking place in the CEO role which require that role to have perhaps less of a day-to-day function. It'll certainly help free up time for appearances in the media

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club secretary vacancy on 18:05 - Oct 26 with 1457 viewsjudd

Club secretary vacancy on 17:51 - Oct 26 by D_Alien

Quite. Which suggests that changes have, or are, taking place in the CEO role which require that role to have perhaps less of a day-to-day function. It'll certainly help free up time for appearances in the media

A company secretary does not even have to be an employee.

And we've a new HR Manager in the offing as well.

BBM must be beside himself.

Club secretary vacancy on 12:49 - Oct 27 with 1063 viewsupthedale

Club secretary vacancy on 17:40 - Oct 26 by tony_roch975

You don't need a Company Secretary by law any more for private companies, it's just advised now - or could be in articles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024