Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Club Vacancy 15:58 - Nov 9 with 2121 viewsblackdogblue

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/november/job-vacancy_performance-analyst

I can do that job... played shite but we were unlucky... 🤣

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Another Club Vacancy on 17:40 - Nov 9 with 2012 viewsYorkshire_Dale

That'll do bdb....the job's yours.

Would £18k get us a goal scorer?
Another Club Vacancy on 18:05 - Nov 9 with 1955 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Another Club Vacancy on 17:40 - Nov 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

That'll do bdb....the job's yours.

Would £18k get us a goal scorer?

Don’t want much do they for what is basically minimum wage!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Another Club Vacancy on 18:12 - Nov 9 with 1934 viewsDalenet

Another Club Vacancy on 18:05 - Nov 9 by Thacks_Rabbits

I thought that too. Be a graduate, fully qualified analyst, experienced, and expect pay in line with the minimum National Living wage. Good that the club want to keep progressing, but we shouldn't be surprised if we only see candidates that won't hand around for long

On a related subject did anybody see that the Manchester based foodbanks responded to the Marcus Rashford's campaign by asking that the football clubs in the city pay all their employees the National Living wage of £9.50 per hour. They cited examples of club staff using food banks. In response Man Utd said that all staff received at least the National Minimum Wage - what kind of defence is that? Surely that is the law and nothing to brag about that
[Post edited 9 Nov 2020 18:20]
Another Club Vacancy on 18:46 - Nov 9 with 1882 viewsSaxonDale

Another Club Vacancy on 18:05 - Nov 9 by Thacks_Rabbits

A friend of mine is doing a similar role at a club higher up the footballing pyramid and was on less money until very recently. Think it’s just not a very well paid job in football unless you’re at one of the top clubs or are well established in the game.
Another Club Vacancy on 19:30 - Nov 9 with 1799 viewsDale69er

Sorry to be a pedant but £9.50 is the living wage. Employers can choose to pay this rate. The mandatory national minimum wage is £8.72 if aged 25 and over.
Another Club Vacancy on 19:46 - Nov 9 with 1764 viewsblackdogblue

Another Club Vacancy on 19:30 - Nov 9 by Dale69er

Sorry to be a pedant but £9.50 is the living wage. Employers can choose to pay this rate. The mandatory national minimum wage is £8.72 if aged 25 and over.

In all honesty, I started the OP with a bit of tongue in cheek, I would seriously doubt someone who has just graduated after spending 3 or more years at UNI would jump at £9.50 an hour is it the new national “living” wage..

Looks like a mix of Fitzo & TVOS to me...

Qualifications and skills:

A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in sports analysis or a related area.
Experience of delivering performance analysis services in professional football, either through coaching or analyst roles
Good in-depth knowledge and competence of using Office, Hudl and video editing software packages on an Apple Mac.
Experience in gathering statistical data - translating data amounts into concise documentation.
The ability to work to deadlines using problem solving skills, initiative and sensitivity.
Respond positively to change in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and develop productive intra-/inter-departmental relationships.

This role requires flexibility and a willingness to work non-standard hours in accordance with the needs of the Club.

Another Club Vacancy on 20:31 - Nov 9 with 1704 viewsdownunder

Another Club Vacancy on 19:46 - Nov 9 by blackdogblue

In all honesty, I started the OP with a bit of tongue in cheek, I would seriously doubt someone who has just graduated after spending 3 or more years at UNI would jump at £9.50 an hour is it the new national “living” wage..

A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in sports analysis or a related area.
Experience of delivering performance analysis services in professional football, either through coaching or analyst roles
Good in-depth knowledge and competence of using Office, Hudl and video editing software packages on an Apple Mac.
Experience in gathering statistical data - translating data amounts into concise documentation.
The ability to work to deadlines using problem solving skills, initiative and sensitivity.
Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and develop productive intra-/inter-departmental relationships.

This role requires flexibility and a willingness to work non-standard hours in accordance with the needs of the Club.

"Gerrit forward" in the Main Stand has potential for this job.
Another Club Vacancy on 20:36 - Nov 9 with 1698 viewsTVOS1907

Another Club Vacancy on 19:46 - Nov 9 by blackdogblue

Eh? What's it got to do with me?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Login to get fewer ads

Another Club Vacancy on 20:41 - Nov 9 with 1686 viewsEllDale

The seemingly low salary perhaps reflects the glut of Sports Science graduates in the marketplace.
I have met a few over the last four or five years working at rugby league clubs all desperate to get a foothold on the career ladder.
Some even do unpaid intern work just to get something positive on their CV.
Another Club Vacancy on 22:52 - Nov 9 with 1573 viewsDalenet

Another Club Vacancy on 20:31 - Nov 9 by downunder

"Gerrit forward" in the Main Stand has potential for this job.

They will be inundated with applicants then :)
Another Club Vacancy on 18:35 - Nov 10 with 1286 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Another Club Vacancy on 22:52 - Nov 9 by Dalenet

They will be inundated with applicants then :)

Probably will get a lot of applications, but they will either be tazzy, desperate for a job or not good enough, those that prove good enough will go elsewhere fairly quickly.

To offer less than a test and trace phone call bod (£18500) per year, working from home, doing around 6 10 minute phone calls a week currently (mate of mine is doing it) with no need for any qualifications says a lot.

We can pay shot footballers 2k a week, we can pay greedy footballers 4K a week, but someone whose role is to improve our performances and players, with the deemed qualifications and willing to work their arses off is worth less than Gilliam will have been on.

Minimum for this role should be 25k

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Another Club Vacancy on 20:38 - Nov 10 with 1218 viewsAllBlueDale

Interestingly the American chap (whose name has now escaped me) has publicised this job on LinkedIn - Earned a 'like' from Mr CEO too
Another Club Vacancy on 20:44 - Nov 10 with 1200 viewsjudd

Another Club Vacancy on 20:38 - Nov 10 by AllBlueDale

Interestingly the American chap (whose name has now escaped me) has publicised this job on LinkedIn - Earned a 'like' from Mr CEO too

Dan Altman I think

Poll: What is it to be then?

Another Club Vacancy on 20:58 - Nov 10 with 1156 viewsfitzochris

Another Club Vacancy on 20:38 - Nov 10 by AllBlueDale

He’s also keen to point out he’s a Rochdale AFC fan at every opportunity, but more on that later.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Another Club Vacancy on 21:01 - Nov 10 with 1146 viewsjudd

Another Club Vacancy on 20:58 - Nov 10 by fitzochris

He’s also keen to point out he’s a Rochdale AFC fan at every opportunity, but more on that later.

Which one?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Another Club Vacancy on 21:07 - Nov 10 with 1124 viewsblackdogblue

Another Club Vacancy on 20:36 - Nov 9 by TVOS1907

Eh? What's it got to do with me?

Sounds like it was made for you 😂👍

Another Club Vacancy on 21:10 - Nov 10 with 1108 viewsTVOS1907

Another Club Vacancy on 21:07 - Nov 10 by blackdogblue

Sounds like it was made for you 😂👍

Oh!

I'd command a higher fee, though.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Another Club Vacancy on 21:12 - Nov 10 with 1103 viewsTomRAFC

Another Club Vacancy on 20:58 - Nov 10 by fitzochris

You tease!

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Another Club Vacancy on 21:16 - Nov 10 with 1085 viewsfitzochris

Another Club Vacancy on 21:12 - Nov 10 by TomRAFC

You tease!

It’s not impressive, honestly. It’s actually quite disappointing:

https://bit.ly/32xlrzu
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 22:04]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024