Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iFollow income, is this how it works? 12:45 - Nov 13 with 3385 viewsA_Newby

I have a question about the income from iFollow away matches. I have used two examples and what I understand to be the case.

Example 1.
Local away derby: North West FC vs Rochdale.
Over previous seasons average away match attendance at North West FC is 1,000 Rochdale fans.
Actual number of £10 iFollow passes for away match against North West FC purchased by Rochdale fans on club website is 800 giving an income of £8,000
As the number of iFollow passes purchased on the Rochdale website is less than the usual average away following then all the income goes to the home club, North West FC. Rochdale receive none.

Example 2.
Away match : Down South FC vs Rochdale.
Over previous seasons average away match attendance at Down South FC is 200 Rochdale fans.
Actual number of £10 iFollow passes for away match against Down South FC purchased by Rochdale fans on club website is 800 giving an income of £8,000
As the number of iFollow passes now exceeds the usual away attendance the home club receive £2,000 (200 X £10) and Rochdale F.C. receive the balance of £6,000 (600 X £10).

Is my understanding correct? Are Rochdale more likely to receive a higher away income from distant matches which usually have a low away dale fan following?
[Post edited 13 Nov 2020 13:37]
iFollow income, is this how it works? on 12:48 - Nov 13 with 3379 viewsjudd

Once it goes above the agreed away attendance figure that has been set by the clubs.

There were some actual figures posted on here from Accrington a couple of weeks ago.

Poll: What is it to be then?

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 12:50 - Nov 13 with 3375 viewsboromat

That's exactly the way I understand it but the actual attendance figure has to be agreed between the clubs. If this can't be agreed in time it goes to the EFL to set the figure. This is the case for League 1. League 2 doesn't work the same way.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 12:54 - Nov 13 with 3365 viewsjudd

ifollow info from Accrington by 442Dale 23 Oct 2020 12:02
https://twitter.com/andyhholt/status/1319195344928972802?s=21

483 Dale fans bought the game at their place.

Poll: What is it to be then?

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 13:42 - Nov 13 with 3297 viewsA_Newby

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 12:50 - Nov 13 by boromat

That's exactly the way I understand it but the actual attendance figure has to be agreed between the clubs. If this can't be agreed in time it goes to the EFL to set the figure. This is the case for League 1. League 2 doesn't work the same way.

Thanks, I will purchase iFollow passes for Plymouth, Portsmouth and Bristol, matches I would never be likely to attend in person. Hopefully if others do likewise the club will get some much needed income.
iFollow income, is this how it works? on 14:26 - Nov 13 with 3243 views100notout

Surely it won't be the same as the average away attendance?

There will be a fair % of away fans from the same household or even different households where one buys an ifollow pass and invites all his (or her!) mates around. So the question is what % is a reasonable figure 50%?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 15:57 - Nov 13 with 3161 viewsTVOS1907

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 14:26 - Nov 13 by 100notout

Surely it won't be the same as the average away attendance?

There will be a fair % of away fans from the same household or even different households where one buys an ifollow pass and invites all his (or her!) mates around. So the question is what % is a reasonable figure 50%?

It isn't the average away attendance.

It's what the club expect to take to an away ground based on previous visits.

Obviously a lot of other factors can affect that (like us taking over 1,000 to Torquay in 2010), but that seems to be the starting point for the estimations.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 15:33 - Nov 27 with 2958 viewsDaleiLama

We asked and they listened. Very positive initiative by the club this imho.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 07:26 - Nov 28 with 2780 viewsJames1980

Was just thinking being able to purchase multiple IFollow pass codes, at a discount to use like carnet tickets might be good, but that would even more unfair to those that purchased a main stand season ticket.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 09:46 - Nov 28 with 2707 viewsAtThePeake

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 07:26 - Nov 28 by James1980

Was just thinking being able to purchase multiple IFollow pass codes, at a discount to use like carnet tickets might be good, but that would even more unfair to those that purchased a main stand season ticket.

The club have said it's not possible to offer discounts on ifollow prices as that was one of the incentives to buy a Dale Family Card but iFollow don't allow it. They can offer free codes though, like they did for the Pompey game, so I suppose they could do some sort of loyalty deal - pay for 5 and get a free code for the sixth? Might be tricky to execute though.

Tangled up in blue.

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 10:02 - Nov 28 with 2696 viewsJames1980

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 09:46 - Nov 28 by AtThePeake

The club have said it's not possible to offer discounts on ifollow prices as that was one of the incentives to buy a Dale Family Card but iFollow don't allow it. They can offer free codes though, like they did for the Pompey game, so I suppose they could do some sort of loyalty deal - pay for 5 and get a free code for the sixth? Might be tricky to execute though.

What was the discount offered to DFRC holders? Were the club going to fund the reduction or were they hoping for an arrangement with Ifollow, I wonder.

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 10:15 - Nov 28 with 2688 viewsDalenet

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 07:26 - Nov 28 by James1980

I think it would be a good idea to encourage away fans to buy - but no idea whether that would be technically possible as we effectively buy for the away club and only retain the fees once the volume threshold is met. With many SC holders already getting home games for no additional cost it might be a good incentive. A Christmas present idea - next 6 away games for £50 all wrapped in a digital ribbon
iFollow income, is this how it works? on 10:35 - Nov 28 with 2668 viewsJames1980

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 10:15 - Nov 28 by Dalenet

I think it would be a good idea to encourage away fans to buy - but no idea whether that would be technically possible as we effectively buy for the away club and only retain the fees once the volume threshold is met. With many SC holders already getting home games for no additional cost it might be a good incentive. A Christmas present idea - next 6 away games for £50 all wrapped in a digital ribbon

Thinking about it the pass is good value when compared to what it costs to attend a match in person. I know it is really not the same but it is better than nothing and provides valuable revenue to the club.
I would say the best way to encourage match pass sales would be to improve the product on the pitch. Hopefully the second half against Northampton will provide some of that encouragement.

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 13:22 - Nov 28 with 2615 viewsD_Alien

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 10:35 - Nov 28 by James1980

Thinking about it the pass is good value when compared to what it costs to attend a match in person. I know it is really not the same but it is better than nothing and provides valuable revenue to the club.
I would say the best way to encourage match pass sales would be to improve the product on the pitch. Hopefully the second half against Northampton will provide some of that encouragement.

"I would say the best way to encourage match pass sales would be to improve the product on the pitch."

Spot on James. It's different buying an iFollow pass to going to watch live. Almost whatever our form and style of play, i'd be at the COA since one of the ways of supporting is to encourage when confidence is low but also to make known our disapproval of certain aspects of the game, in addition to the social side of the experience. Can't do that on the internet although during games, this messageboard can be quite amusing at times!

I've found that after watching a few games it became beyond bearable as a non-participant, but if our play evolves that will change

To answer your earlier question, one of the benefits of the Rewards Card was free match pass(es). One was given for the Portsmouth fixture, and at £10 off a £25 Card i'm not particularly expecting any further free passes, or one more at the most
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 13:27]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 15:11 - Nov 28 with 2553 viewsJames1980

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 13:22 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

"I would say the best way to encourage match pass sales would be to improve the product on the pitch."

Spot on James. It's different buying an iFollow pass to going to watch live. Almost whatever our form and style of play, i'd be at the COA since one of the ways of supporting is to encourage when confidence is low but also to make known our disapproval of certain aspects of the game, in addition to the social side of the experience. Can't do that on the internet although during games, this messageboard can be quite amusing at times!

I've found that after watching a few games it became beyond bearable as a non-participant, but if our play evolves that will change

To answer your earlier question, one of the benefits of the Rewards Card was free match pass(es). One was given for the Portsmouth fixture, and at £10 off a £25 Card i'm not particularly expecting any further free passes, or one more at the most
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 13:27]

Thank you for the info re the Rewards Card. Regarding home games, how much profit do the club make on an match pass purchased for individual games? Maybe the club could forgo a small amount of that profit to allow DRFC holders like yourself to buy match passes at reduced rates

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 16:06 - Nov 28 with 2501 viewsD_Alien

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 15:11 - Nov 28 by James1980

Thank you for the info re the Rewards Card. Regarding home games, how much profit do the club make on an match pass purchased for individual games? Maybe the club could forgo a small amount of that profit to allow DRFC holders like yourself to buy match passes at reduced rates

I think for many the issue is watchability. I'd happily hand over a tenner to help the club but it'd be an act of masochism at the moment. (I could torment myself less by paying for the pass then not watching!! )

So, a reduced rate wouldn't make any difference, although it might for some if it were possible

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 16:28 - Nov 28 with 2482 viewsJames1980

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 16:06 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

I think for many the issue is watchability. I'd happily hand over a tenner to help the club but it'd be an act of masochism at the moment. (I could torment myself less by paying for the pass then not watching!! )

So, a reduced rate wouldn't make any difference, although it might for some if it were possible

Sounds as if you don't believe there wouldn't be enough passes bought to make up for any discount the way the team is currently playing. Hopefully the turnaround starts on Tuesday night

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 16:47 - Nov 28 with 2473 viewsD_Alien

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 16:28 - Nov 28 by James1980

Sounds as if you don't believe there wouldn't be enough passes bought to make up for any discount the way the team is currently playing. Hopefully the turnaround starts on Tuesday night

You never know James, our away form may be better due to the onus on the home team to take the game to us. I remain optimistic, as ever, that there won't be too many passes on the pitch...

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 16:24 - Dec 1 with 2307 views100notout

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 15:33 - Nov 27 by DaleiLama

We asked and they listened. Very positive initiative by the club this imho.

Not sure how many we normally sell but a good opportunity to generate income for the club.

Are they doing a HT draw?

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 16:56 - Dec 1 with 2260 viewsDaleiLama

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 16:24 - Dec 1 by 100notout

Not sure how many we normally sell but a good opportunity to generate income for the club.

Are they doing a HT draw?

Chur doing a pre-match (rubs eyes with astonishment)

4 (four) camera coverage

Don't think there is a HT draw for (a) fixtures but tickets for the Christmas draw still available

[Post edited 1 Dec 2020 16:56]

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 17:31 - Dec 1 with 2228 viewsYorkshire_Dale

A word of thanks and appreciation here to my ex-neighbour John Smallwood......he is the guy who negotiates these limits for and behalf of Club.......well done.
iFollow income, is this how it works? on 17:57 - Dec 1 with 2199 viewsTVOS1907

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 17:31 - Dec 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

A word of thanks and appreciation here to my ex-neighbour John Smallwood......he is the guy who negotiates these limits for and behalf of Club.......well done.

...and the historical figures were all obtained from records kept by and published in TVOS, which we've been doing since 1997.

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 19:22 - Dec 1 with 2139 views100notout

How do we listen to the podcast?

edit just seen the other thread - looks like I missed it? An hour long?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2020 19:26]

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 21:19 - Dec 1 with 2097 viewsDaleiLama

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 17:57 - Dec 1 by TVOS1907

...and the historical figures were all obtained from records kept by and published in TVOS, which we've been doing since 1997.

Homage paid on ifollow I noticed

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 21:24 - Dec 1 with 2087 viewsTVOS1907

iFollow income, is this how it works? on 21:19 - Dec 1 by DaleiLama

Homage paid on ifollow I noticed

Quite

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024