Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scoring direct from a free kick 14:56 - Nov 25 with 2877 viewsdingdangblue

Can't remember the last time this happened in a league game? Callum Camps? Michael Rose? I know Camps scored one in the cup at Maidstone but I don't remember many occasions where I've been confident of us getting many goals this way. The best we've had for me was Rickie Lambert - there was a time where you got a free kick around the edge of the box and it was like getting a penalty! Anyway it was great to see Humphrys belting it in the top corner last night - hopefully its a regular occurance.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Scoring direct from a free kick on 15:02 - Nov 25 with 2425 viewsDaleiLama

One benefit of playing Kwadwo "crazylegs" Baah more, would be him cutting in/out and bamboozling defenders, drawing more such dead balls in danger areas around the box.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Scoring direct from a free kick on 15:26 - Nov 25 with 2389 viewsdingdangblue

Scoring direct from a free kick on 15:02 - Nov 25 by DaleiLama

One benefit of playing Kwadwo "crazylegs" Baah more, would be him cutting in/out and bamboozling defenders, drawing more such dead balls in danger areas around the box.

How many fouls did McLaughlin 'win' also! He was giving Jack Grealish a run for his money.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Scoring direct from a free kick on 15:32 - Nov 25 with 2377 viewsAtThePeake

Camps scored one at Gigg which seemed to take about three deflections on it's way through but may have just moved dramatically with the way he hit them. It also should've been saved.

Think he scored another one in the FA Cup at Slough too.

Tangled up in blue.

Scoring direct from a free kick on 16:09 - Nov 25 with 2327 viewsfitzochris

Like the OP, I don't remember being confident of scoring direct from a free kick since the days of Rickie Lambert and, before him, Lee Todd.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Scoring direct from a free kick on 16:22 - Nov 25 with 2291 viewsboromat

Lambert definitely for me as well. Although I remember Simpson being pretty good but he gets forgotten about after his managerial spell.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Scoring direct from a free kick on 16:41 - Nov 25 with 2265 viewsD_Alien

Scoring direct from a free kick on 15:02 - Nov 25 by DaleiLama

"...drawing more such dead balls in danger areas..."

Depends where he gets kicked!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scoring direct from a free kick on 16:43 - Nov 25 with 2259 viewsD_Alien

Scoring direct from a free kick on 16:22 - Nov 25 by boromat

Lambert definitely for me as well. Although I remember Simpson being pretty good but he gets forgotten about after his managerial spell.

Not forgetting Steve O'Shaughnessy - and the free kick didn't need to be around the box!

[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 16:44]

Scoring direct from a free kick on 16:51 - Nov 25 with 2232 viewsrochdaleriddler

Scoring direct from a free kick on 16:43 - Nov 25 by D_Alien

Not forgetting Steve O'Shaughnessy - and the free kick didn't need to be around the box!

[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 16:44]

Yes he could hit them

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Scoring direct from a free kick on 16:57 - Nov 25 with 2220 views442Dale

Mark Stuart’s free kicks were excellent too. Preston at home was the best as their keeper set up the wall.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Scoring direct from a free kick on 17:12 - Nov 25 with 2190 viewsEllDale

I remember Tom Kennedy putting one into the top corner in the last minute against Chesterfield in front of the Sandy. Brilliant freekick.
That would be around 2009.
And who could forget Evil's screamer at Preston but that's going back nearly 18 years.
Scoring direct from a free kick on 17:29 - Nov 25 with 2152 viewsfitzochris

Scoring direct from a free kick on 16:57 - Nov 25 by 442Dale

Mark Stuart’s free kicks were excellent too. Preston at home was the best as their keeper set up the wall.

Love Mark Stuart’s efforts. Scored some crackers.

I seem to recall Leo Bertos could place the odd one past the keeper too.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Scoring direct from a free kick on 17:40 - Nov 25 with 2120 viewsmingthemerciless

Big Reg at Bolton in the League Cup years ago. An arrow into the far top corner from about 40 yards out.
Scoring direct from a free kick on 17:58 - Nov 25 with 2093 viewsdingdangblue

Scoring direct from a free kick on 16:57 - Nov 25 by 442Dale

Alex Russell scored a few the season he got 9 goals for us - think I remember 1 against Wigan that was Beckhamesque.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 18:08]

Scoring direct from a free kick on 17:59 - Nov 25 with 2083 viewsboromat

Scoring direct from a free kick on 17:12 - Nov 25 by EllDale

I remember Tom Kennedy putting one into the top corner in the last minute against Chesterfield in front of the Sandy. Brilliant freekick.
That would be around 2009.
And who could forget Evil's screamer at Preston but that's going back nearly 18 years.

I always thought TK was a great free kick taker but should have scored more.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Scoring direct from a free kick on 18:19 - Nov 25 with 2044 viewsBeechball

Older fans will remember Paul Comstive's howitzer against Blackpool in 1982 ( only my third game I think).
Didn't Malcolm Brow score one against Maidstone ? - about his only useful contribution in a Dale shirt.
Scoring direct from a free kick on 18:54 - Nov 25 with 1990 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Scoring direct from a free kick on 18:19 - Nov 25 by Beechball

Older fans will remember Paul Comstive's howitzer against Blackpool in 1982 ( only my third game I think).
Didn't Malcolm Brow score one against Maidstone ? - about his only useful contribution in a Dale shirt.

He did, when they were playing at dartford I think, we drew 1 1 after coming from behind.

I remember that game well as was in the home end with a Maidstone supporting mate and went down from Maidstone on their supporters bus. Decent guys tbh.

Think that would have been about 1992 and they had an awful side tbh. John Ryan was injured that day but Steve Doyle played 😂

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Scoring direct from a free kick on 19:44 - Nov 25 with 1926 viewspioneer

Scoring direct from a free kick on 17:40 - Nov 25 by mingthemerciless

Big Reg at Bolton in the League Cup years ago. An arrow into the far top corner from about 40 yards out.

One of many by the big fella, but probably the most memorable. 1969.
Scoring direct from a free kick on 19:45 - Nov 25 with 1923 viewsnordenblue

Scoring direct from a free kick on 17:29 - Nov 25 by fitzochris

Love Mark Stuart’s efforts. Scored some crackers.

I seem to recall Leo Bertos could place the odd one past the keeper too.

Evils free kick at Preston was an absolute screamer too,seem to remember
Scoring direct from a free kick on 19:54 - Nov 25 with 1903 viewsTVOS1907

Last league goal from a free-kick before Tuesday was Callum Camps v Peterborough, 25/11/17, so one day short of three years ago.

[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 19:58]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Scoring direct from a free kick on 19:59 - Nov 25 with 1894 viewsAtThePeake

Scoring direct from a free kick on 19:54 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

Last league goal from a free-kick before Tuesday was Callum Camps v Peterborough, 25/11/17, so one day short of three years ago.

Is that a Calvin Andrew goal too? A day of rarities.

Tangled up in blue.

Scoring direct from a free kick on 20:00 - Nov 25 with 1891 viewsD_Alien

Great opener by Calvin

Scoring direct from a free kick on 22:12 - Nov 25 with 1797 viewsdingdangblue

Thanks Tvos - I didn't even remember that Camps one - remember Calvin's that night though.

Scoring direct from a free kick on 22:38 - Nov 25 with 1772 viewsTVOS1907

Scoring direct from a free kick on 22:12 - Nov 25 by dingdangblue

Thanks Tvos - I didn't even remember that Camps one - remember Calvin's that night though.

It was an afternoon game

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Scoring direct from a free kick on 22:50 - Nov 25 with 1747 viewsdingdangblue

Scoring direct from a free kick on 22:38 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

It was an afternoon game

🤣

Scoring direct from a free kick on 12:29 - Nov 26 with 1493 viewspioneer

Stan Horne scored from a his own half in a 3-1 win over Barnsley earlyin 74-5 season. I have a vague recollection it was a free kick, not a howitzer, but i think it was poor conditions wind got hold of it and the defence made aright pigs ear of it. I think it was a free kick but my memory is increasinglyplaying tricks. Ill try and find the match report.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024