Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) 16:36 - Nov 25 with 4539 viewsrochdaleriddler

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 16:38 - Nov 25 with 3186 viewsFrog

I won't miss the cheating little turd.
Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 16:40 - Nov 25 with 3182 viewsrochdaleriddler

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 16:38 - Nov 25 by Frog

I won't miss the cheating little turd.

Bless

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 16:52 - Nov 25 with 3127 viewsBrierls

SuddenLad will be gutted.
Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 16:56 - Nov 25 with 3106 viewsChaffRAFC

It will be divisive this one.

I've never known whether to be in awe of him or hate him. I'm a bit of both I guess. I can obviously appreciate his footballing ability, as can anyone who's ever watched him play but there will be a lot who simply cannot forgive him for his cheating and his drug use.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 17:07 - Nov 25 with 3068 viewsrochdaleriddler

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 16:56 - Nov 25 by ChaffRAFC

I've never known whether to be in awe of him or hate him. I'm a bit of both I guess. I can obviously appreciate his footballing ability, as can anyone who's ever watched him play but there will be a lot who simply cannot forgive him for his cheating and his drug use.

He was a superb footballer, and a human being. People happy that he has died, or at best indifferent to it should really have a word with themselves. He got away with a handball due to inept refereeing, the sort of thing that happens in many games . Thierry Henry did the same against Ireland.

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 17:19 - Nov 25 with 3027 viewsD_Alien

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 17:07 - Nov 25 by rochdaleriddler

He was a superb footballer, and a human being. People happy that he has died, or at best indifferent to it should really have a word with themselves. He got away with a handball due to inept refereeing, the sort of thing that happens in many games . Thierry Henry did the same against Ireland.

Agree with this

He was dragged up in pretty much third world conditions and his personality would've been shaped by that, and hence why he was loved by the people of Naples (not just fans, there was a documentary on him not long since - will probably be repeated now) since they recognised him as a 'streetfighter' so to speak, or one of their own

He could handle (oops, no pun intended!) football much better than the fame and fortune that came with it but he's not alone in that and given his background, the drug abuse is no surprise

The football world would've been poorer without him, so it goes without saying that his death is a loss to it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 17:37 - Nov 25 with 2985 views442Dale

His performances in the 1986 World Cup stand alone as the greatest ever on the biggest stage.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 17:44 - Nov 25 with 2970 viewsmingthemerciless

That photo of him with the ball at his feet surrounded by about 7 opponents in a World Cup game (Belgium ) is a classic.

Second only to Pele for me.
Login to get fewer ads

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 17:46 - Nov 25 with 2960 viewsBigDaveMyCock

God can have his hand back now.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 17:50 - Nov 25 with 2949 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 17:44 - Nov 25 by mingthemerciless

That photo of him with the ball at his feet surrounded by about 7 opponents in a World Cup game (Belgium ) is a classic.

Second only to Pele for me.

Agreed re the photo. It was like a scene from a Bruce Lee film where they’re all lining up to be beaten up.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 18:25 - Nov 25 with 2885 viewsjoecooke

Best player ive ever seen live.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 18:36 - Nov 25 with 2858 viewsfinberty

If Shilton had come out with a bit of proper commitment, he would have flattened him and won the ball at the same time.
Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 18:47 - Nov 25 with 2838 viewsaleanddale

Just put the hand of god to one side...

A brilliant footballer possibly the greatest. What he was capable of on a field we have rarely seen since and definitely not on the regular basis he delivered.

RIP Diego you were a one off for sure.. 50% Angel and 50% devil!

The best footballer in my lifetime.
Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 19:32 - Nov 25 with 2768 viewsfrenzied

A stunning footballer in his day.

The Maradona documentary is compelling viewing esp his time at Napoli highlighting the clubs association with local mafia organisations who were quick to exploit the fella.

The footage of his time there on and off the field gives you a small insight into the pressure he was under..it was enough to push anyone over the edge.

A footballing genius...RIP
Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 19:48 - Nov 25 with 2750 viewsAtThePeake

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 19:32 - Nov 25 by frenzied

A stunning footballer in his day.

The Maradona documentary is compelling viewing esp his time at Napoli highlighting the clubs association with local mafia organisations who were quick to exploit the fella.

The footage of his time there on and off the field gives you a small insight into the pressure he was under..it was enough to push anyone over the edge.

A footballing genius...RIP

The documentary is brilliant and I'm currently reading Angels with Dirty Faces by Jonathan Wilson, which is an in-depth look at the history of Argentinian football. It goes into some detail about the pressure Maradona was under even before his first-team debut for Argentinos, which surely played a huge part in the off-field problems he would face later in life. I thoroughly recommend it.

Before my time, but no old videos I'd rather watch than those of Maradona. A genius. RIP.

Tangled up in blue.

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 20:50 - Nov 25 with 2702 viewsblackdogblue

Yes memories of what he did linger on...

A life is a life though & off the pitch media attention aside..

Still a football legend for me RIP fella

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 22:22 - Nov 25 with 2649 viewsDiddyDave

Yes,he was a fantastic footballer,but a cheat as well and like it or not,the two will be remembered together.
Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 22:33 - Nov 25 with 2644 viewsbocadave

No more a cheat than players who dive to win a penalty. RIP Diego. Football genius.
Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 22:44 - Nov 25 with 2629 viewsFondles

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 16:56 - Nov 25 by ChaffRAFC

Surprised he lived as long as he did.
Bet he had quite a bit of fun on the way though getting through the devils dandruff.
Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 10:14 - Nov 26 with 2436 viewsDaleiLama

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 17:46 - Nov 25 by BigDaveMyCock

God can have his hand back now.

"On the left of God was the Archangel Samael, also known as Lucifer the Morningstar.

It is for this reason that the term ‘sinister’ (which means left handed) has a negative meaning in common language (refers to something evil) while dextrous (meaning right handed) has more positive connections. It is also the source of a lot of abuse of left handed children in schools. There have been beliefs related to left handers being witches and in schools in the past it was common practise to force children to use their right hand for writing - sometimes by physically restraining the left."

He might not want it back reading that?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 10:17 - Nov 26 with 2429 viewsjudd

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 10:14 - Nov 26 by DaleiLama

"On the left of God was the Archangel Samael, also known as Lucifer the Morningstar.

It is for this reason that the term ‘sinister’ (which means left handed) has a negative meaning in common language (refers to something evil) while dextrous (meaning right handed) has more positive connections. It is also the source of a lot of abuse of left handed children in schools. There have been beliefs related to left handers being witches and in schools in the past it was common practise to force children to use their right hand for writing - sometimes by physically restraining the left."

He might not want it back reading that?

Barry Davies referred to the incident as the finger of the devil in interview this morning.

Either way, one hell of a player.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 11:06 - Nov 26 with 2388 viewsdingdangblue

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 12:35 - Nov 26 with 2327 viewspioneer

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 22:22 - Nov 25 by DiddyDave

Yes,he was a fantastic footballer,but a cheat as well and like it or not,the two will be remembered together.

The handball goal should obviously been disallowed and if nobby stiles still been playing he wouldnt have scored the other one either. Having seen him waltz paste half of the englad defence nobby would have put him on his back side and taken whatever punishment the ref chose to give him.
Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 13:10 - Nov 26 with 2309 viewsHopwoodblue

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 12:35 - Nov 26 by pioneer

The handball goal should obviously been disallowed and if nobby stiles still been playing he wouldnt have scored the other one either. Having seen him waltz paste half of the englad defence nobby would have put him on his back side and taken whatever punishment the ref chose to give him.

I’m sure Peter Reid had been booked and knew he was facing a red card if he touched him
He could have only brought him down and had no chance of getting the ball that’s why he stopped.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Diego Maradona RIP (n/t) on 16:49 - Nov 26 with 2214 viewsD_Alien

The Hand of God being shown on ITV1 at 10.50pm tonight

Incidentally, Maradona died on the same date (25 November) as George Best

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024