Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale 13:15 - Nov 30 with 17927 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Plymouth vs Rochdale 30th Nov 2020 13:13
Dale will look to be bring an end to a seven game winless run on Tuesday night as they make the long trip south to take on Plymouth Argyle. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 10:54 - Dec 2 with 1689 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 06:09 - Dec 2 by DiddyDave

Just seen two odd minutes of highlights on Youtube. How the ref gave a free kick against Beesley has me in wonderment,he was looking away from the keeper towards where the ball was coming from and the keeper just made sure he got to the ball first. Complete accident as far as I could see,but on another day a different ref could quite easily have given a penalty. Didn`t matter in the end I guess.

Yes the referee should be ashamed of himself when he sees a replay of the incident. Beesley is looking at the ball waiting for it to drop - the keeper has all the momentum jumping out and punching the ball and cleaning out Beesley and the defender at the same time - I know keepers are protected but awarding a foul there beggars belief.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 10:55 - Dec 2 with 1692 viewsdawlishdale

Well that was some performance and result last night.

Huge credit to the whole team and Management for making us look that good, against admittedly, a Plymouth team who hardly ever played well. Their whole gameplan was just so wrong it's untrue. We were almost unrecognisable from the team that capitulated against Stockport and Salford.

Unfair to single any individuals out because I thought that everyone did well, but that has to be the best performance that Dooley's ever put in for Dale. Looks so much better running forward with the ball rather than trying silly short passes. And Humphries looks to be getting close to full fitness, which is really positive news. Great goal from Morley as well.

Feeling good this morning. Let's hope that Beesley is ok and can take part on Saturday.
Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 11:40 - Dec 2 with 1595 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 10:55 - Dec 2 by dawlishdale

Well that was some performance and result last night.

Huge credit to the whole team and Management for making us look that good, against admittedly, a Plymouth team who hardly ever played well. Their whole gameplan was just so wrong it's untrue. We were almost unrecognisable from the team that capitulated against Stockport and Salford.

Unfair to single any individuals out because I thought that everyone did well, but that has to be the best performance that Dooley's ever put in for Dale. Looks so much better running forward with the ball rather than trying silly short passes. And Humphries looks to be getting close to full fitness, which is really positive news. Great goal from Morley as well.

Feeling good this morning. Let's hope that Beesley is ok and can take part on Saturday.

He will probably still miss Saturday's game due to the concussion rule, which I'm sure is something like a week.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 11:45 - Dec 2 with 1590 viewsTomRAFC

Great result.

Humphrys made a huge difference. The runs he was making combined with his physical strength offered us an option we haven't had in quite a while.

Excellent performance by Dooley too. In his early days he was always running at people and trying to create chances. It was nice to see him in that role again.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 11:53 - Dec 2 with 1555 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 11:45 - Dec 2 by TomRAFC

Great result.

Humphrys made a huge difference. The runs he was making combined with his physical strength offered us an option we haven't had in quite a while.

Excellent performance by Dooley too. In his early days he was always running at people and trying to create chances. It was nice to see him in that role again.

I agree, but I do wish he's stick tighter to opponents when tracking back and defending. He allows them far too much space and time.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 12:24 - Dec 2 with 1501 viewsrochdaleriddler

Just had a nosey at the Plymouth forum , one scored Canavan a zero!, others bemoaning their sideways passing, and one stating in league one the opposition punish your mistakes with goals. Rochdale are an established league one team was my favourite

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 12:33 - Dec 2 with 1489 viewsBillyRudd

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 10:54 - Dec 2 by dingdangblue

Yes the referee should be ashamed of himself when he sees a replay of the incident. Beesley is looking at the ball waiting for it to drop - the keeper has all the momentum jumping out and punching the ball and cleaning out Beesley and the defender at the same time - I know keepers are protected but awarding a foul there beggars belief.

Referees are akin to "Pavlovs Dogs" nowadays. If a player falls to the ground they generally award them a free kick even though often no foul has been committed (well not by my interpretation of a foul anyway) Players know this and play to it. Regarding the Beezley incident, in any other area of the pitch a challenge by an outfield player going through another player would have been classed as reckless likely to cause injury and rightly so. On the other hand it could be argued that the goalkeeper got the ball and Beezley was just unfortunately in the way. I can,t settle in my mind what is right and wrong here both in terms of the rules and the spirit of the game. However one thing I am certain of is that to award a free kick against Beezley wa just plain ludicrous.
So ludicrous in fact, that neither commentator picked up on it and assumed it was a dropped ball.
Honourable mention to "Agent Canavan" also.
"Up the Dale"
Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 13:57 - Dec 2 with 1361 viewshull_dale19

Showed the video to a friend of mine who is a referee and asked his thoughts:

"Keeper initiates the contact by the movement of the attacker and his ability to play the ball and been effected by the attacker's movement and where he’s put himself. That’s what the ref will think. Safe fk to kill the game"
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 14:12 - Dec 2 with 1336 viewsBillyRudd

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 13:57 - Dec 2 by hull_dale19

"Keeper initiates the contact by the movement of the attacker and his ability to play the ball and been effected by the attacker's movement and where he’s put himself. That’s what the ref will think. Safe fk to kill the game"

Not having a go Hull, but I have no idea what any of that means. Probably why your mate is a ref and I spend most of my time having a moan about them.
Up the Dale
ps Genuine question, has your mate ever played football?
Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 14:17 - Dec 2 with 1323 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Absolutely magical win. So much better when we are not farting about with the ball at the back, and we feed our attack. It’s looking like an attack that could well become one of our most potent, we have ever had.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 14:23 - Dec 2 with 1295 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 13:57 - Dec 2 by hull_dale19

And what about the attacker's ability to play the ball being affected by the keepers knee being thrusted into his chest/head ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 16:05 - Dec 2 with 1188 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 14:23 - Dec 2 by dingdangblue

And what about the attacker's ability to play the ball being affected by the keepers knee being thrusted into his chest/head ?

Have to say I was expecting much worse after that collision. Captain Scarlet springs to mind?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 18:57 - Dec 2 with 940 viewsaleanddale

Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 16:05 - Dec 2 by DaleiLama

Have to say I was expecting much worse after that collision. Captain Scarlet springs to mind?

Good to Jake give us the thumbs up...

Tough and durable what a start to league 1 he has had!

Great goal Jake you are now up and running and one closer to big reg goal scoring record!
Match Thread: Plymouth vs Rochdale on 20:43 - Dec 2 with 812 viewsEllDale

Strange game football on occasions in terms of timelines.
Plymouth beat Lincoln
Rochdale beat Plymouth.....
Great result that to cheer us all up after a disastrous November.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024