Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£250 Million rescue package agreed 13:37 - Dec 3 with 4196 viewsdingdangblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55172426

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 13:42 - Dec 3 with 2902 viewsDalenet

Massively disappointing. £200m is to help Championship Clubs with a loan that has to be repaid.

The other £50m is allocated to Leagues One and Two. Rochdale will get £375,000. I know we should be grateful but how this will save a club is beyond me.
£250 Million rescue package agreed on 13:46 - Dec 3 with 2885 viewsJames1980

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 13:42 - Dec 3 by Dalenet

Massively disappointing. £200m is to help Championship Clubs with a loan that has to be repaid.

The other £50m is allocated to Leagues One and Two. Rochdale will get £375,000. I know we should be grateful but how this will save a club is beyond me.

I suppose it will keep the wolf from the door and isn't enough for clubs to spend on strengthening their squads.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 13:50 - Dec 3 with 2860 viewsD_Alien

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 13:42 - Dec 3 by Dalenet

But it's more than that. There's also an allocation based on lost gate receipts in comparison with other clubs, which i believe is pretty fair

Plus further monies if needed, but with restrictions on transfers etc. attached

If clubs can't survive with this package, they don't deserve to imo

[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 13:51]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 13:55 - Dec 3 with 2839 viewsJames1980

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 13:50 - Dec 3 by D_Alien

But it's more than that. There's also an allocation based on lost gate receipts in comparison with other clubs, which i believe is pretty fair

Thank you for providing us with the low down

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 14:12 - Dec 3 with 2803 viewsD_Alien

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 13:55 - Dec 3 by James1980

Thank you for providing us with the low down

It's all in the article James, just correcting misleading responses

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 14:13 - Dec 3 with 2798 viewsDalenet

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 13:50 - Dec 3 by D_Alien

Not quite DA.

of the £50m allocated to League One/Two clubs £30m is handed out based on lost gate receipts. The minimum paid to League one Clubs is £375,000 to cover lost gate receipts. Bigger clubs get more. We are one of the smallest clubs so we stand to get £375k

There is a further £20m to be allocated by the EFL based on urgent need.
£250 Million rescue package agreed on 14:21 - Dec 3 with 2772 viewsD_Alien

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 14:13 - Dec 3 by Dalenet

Not quite DA.

of the £50m allocated to League One/Two clubs £30m is handed out based on lost gate receipts. The minimum paid to League one Clubs is £375,000 to cover lost gate receipts. Bigger clubs get more. We are one of the smallest clubs so we stand to get £375k

There is a further £20m to be allocated by the EFL based on urgent need.

From the article:

"League One clubs will receive a minimum payment of £375,000.
League Two clubs will receive a minimum payment of £250,000.
The remaining £15m will be distributed using a lost gate revenue share calculation."

From your post above: "The minimum paid to League one Clubs is £375,000 to cover lost gate receipts."

I believe you've misinterpreted it

£375000 x 24 = £9000000
£250000 x 24 = £6000000

Total = £15m

Plus £15m for lost gate receipts = £30m
Plus £20m if needed

[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 14:28]

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 14:22 - Dec 3 with 2767 viewsdingdangblue

If anything we should benefit more than most clubs at our level - because we are virtually debt free and well run - any financial help will be a massive bonus.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 14:34 - Dec 3 with 2732 viewsShun

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 14:21 - Dec 3 by D_Alien

From the article:

The remaining £15m will be distributed using a lost gate revenue share calculation."

From your post above: "The minimum paid to League one Clubs is £375,000 to cover lost gate receipts."

£375000 x 24 = £9000000
£250000 x 24 = £6000000

Total = £15m

Plus £20m if needed

Thanks for the breakdown DA (haven’t read it myself yet). So that means we’ll receive a guaranteed £375K, plus a share of £15m based on our gate receipts?
£250 Million rescue package agreed on 15:01 - Dec 3 with 2691 viewsDalenet

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 14:21 - Dec 3 by D_Alien

From the article:

£375000 x 24 = £9000000
£250000 x 24 = £6000000

Total = £15m

Plus £20m if needed

I guess we will never know DA. But we both agree that the minimum payment of £375,000 is to cover lost gate receipts. There is additional £20m to be used through an additional lost gate receipts calculator. I believe that the lions share of that will go to the clubs that have much higher lost gate receipts. Based on the calculator we may not even have reached £375,000. So thank god for the minimum payment

If there really were 9 clubs that had failed to pay wages and PAYE last month due to a shortage of funds, a payment of £375,000 will barely cover 6 weeks costs for most clubs at our level. Thankfully our prudence and player sales have been a godsend
£250 Million rescue package agreed on 15:27 - Dec 3 with 2663 viewsD_Alien

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 15:01 - Dec 3 by Dalenet

I guess we will never know DA. But we both agree that the minimum payment of £375,000 is to cover lost gate receipts. There is additional £20m to be used through an additional lost gate receipts calculator. I believe that the lions share of that will go to the clubs that have much higher lost gate receipts. Based on the calculator we may not even have reached £375,000. So thank god for the minimum payment

If there really were 9 clubs that had failed to pay wages and PAYE last month due to a shortage of funds, a payment of £375,000 will barely cover 6 weeks costs for most clubs at our level. Thankfully our prudence and player sales have been a godsend

Oh dear... i'm afraid you've further misinterpreted it

It's £15m based on the gate receipts calculator, plus £20m which clubs in dire need can apply for but which can't be used for spending on improving their squad

No worries, but we will know in the club accounts or before, if the total figure we receive is published

[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 15:27]

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 15:28 - Dec 3 with 2658 viewsD_Alien

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 14:34 - Dec 3 by Shun

Thanks for the breakdown DA (haven’t read it myself yet). So that means we’ll receive a guaranteed £375K, plus a share of £15m based on our gate receipts?

Precisely

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 15:36 - Dec 3 with 2636 viewsDaleiLama

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 15:28 - Dec 3 by D_Alien

Precisely

We were way behind on ST sales this year, then some who did buy STs applied for a refund. Then some were partially used to pay for ifollow then a refund. It's going to be fun extracting all the detail from this to allocate funds fairly across the league.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 15:48 - Dec 3 with 2605 viewsDalenet

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 14:34 - Dec 3 by Shun

No that isn't what the statement says. We are only guaranteed a minimum payment of £375k as part of the first £30m allocation. It doesn't suggest that all clubs get fed from both pots that make up the £30m. So I am won't jump to a conclusion that we will
£250 Million rescue package agreed on 15:56 - Dec 3 with 2594 viewsjudd

The £50m rescue package for Leagues One and Two is split into two parts - £30m will be paid to the 48 clubs as a grant based on missed gate receipts from the 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons.
League One clubs will receive a minimum payment of £375,000
League Two clubs will receive a minimum payment of £250,000
The remaining £15m will be distributed using a lost gate revenue share calculation
A further £20m monitored grant will be provided and clubs can apply based on need. A joint Premier League and EFL panel will determine club eligibility.
Clubs receiving a monitored grant will be subject to restrictions with respect to transfer spend and player wages.

Poll: What is it to be then?

£250 Million rescue package agreed (n/t) on 16:23 - Dec 3 with 2530 views442Dale

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 15:01 - Dec 3 by Dalenet

Depends how the calculator works. It might be, say, 10% of all receipts. So we’d get 10% of X and Sunderland would get 10% of a bigger X.

The percentage would have to be calculated taking all clubs figures into account.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 16:25]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 16:38 - Dec 3 with 2483 viewsD_Alien

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 15:48 - Dec 3 by Dalenet

No that isn't what the statement says. We are only guaranteed a minimum payment of £375k as part of the first £30m allocation. It doesn't suggest that all clubs get fed from both pots that make up the £30m. So I am won't jump to a conclusion that we will

There's been no jumping to conclusions, simply a proper reading of the article

First part: £15m comprises the guaranteed minimum to each club - based on being in L1 or L2, not on gate receipts

Second part: £15m based on a formula around gate receipts

Then, a further £20m on a loans basis which can be applied for by clubs but can't be utilised for squad improvement

The total each club receives will be used to compensate for lost income including for instance hospitality, not just gate receipts
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 16:42]

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 16:45 - Dec 3 with 2466 viewsDalenet

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 16:38 - Dec 3 by D_Alien

First part: £15m comprises the guaranteed minimum to each club - based on being in L1 or L2, not on gate receipts

Then, a further £20m on a loans basis which can be applied for by clubs but can't be utilised for squad improvement

The total each club receives will be used to compensate for lost income including for instance hospitality, not just gate receipts

The Port Vale Chairman has just been on TV. She said that the only element guaranteed for them as a league two club is £250,000. So the devil will be in the detail and I am not jumping to any conclusions that there are three pots of money for all 46 clubs in both leagues. The £15m second pot may be have hurdle impact rates for example that mean the lower attended clubs get no more than the £350k.

The whole grant is entitled compensation towards loss of gate receipts. It doesn't cover the full loss as the 46 clubs take more than £50m in gate receipts in a season. It is a contribution to cover those losses ex VAT. Without details of the scheme that not even the football chairman have yet seen you can't make the assumption that pots one and two don't have any interdependency.
£250 Million rescue package agreed on 16:47 - Dec 3 with 2454 viewsD_Alien

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 16:45 - Dec 3 by Dalenet

The Port Vale Chairman has just been on TV. She said that the only element guaranteed for them as a league two club is £250,000. So the devil will be in the detail and I am not jumping to any conclusions that there are three pots of money for all 46 clubs in both leagues. The £15m second pot may be have hurdle impact rates for example that mean the lower attended clubs get no more than the £350k.

The whole grant is entitled compensation towards loss of gate receipts. It doesn't cover the full loss as the 46 clubs take more than £50m in gate receipts in a season. It is a contribution to cover those losses ex VAT. Without details of the scheme that not even the football chairman have yet seen you can't make the assumption that pots one and two don't have any interdependency.

Oh for crying out loud, somebody else help him...

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 16:50 - Dec 3 with 2438 viewsjudd

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 16:38 - Dec 3 by D_Alien

Yes, both gate receipts and gate revenue are mentioned. You would expect that gate revenue includes that generated via hospitality.

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 17:00 - Dec 3 with 2408 viewsjudd

In the last accounts, gate receipts were £826,099 or 16.5% of turnover, and bar & catering income £350,605 or 7% of turnover.

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 18:41 - Dec 3 with 2276 viewsfinberty

All I know is I trust the people at the club to work out what the entitlement is, to secure it and to allocate it wisely. That's all I need to know about Dale's allocation.

What I really want to know is how would our friends on the other side of Heywood have treated this unexpected windfall? Agent S Dale may have looked forward to it.
£250 Million rescue package agreed on 18:50 - Dec 3 with 2255 viewsjudd

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 18:41 - Dec 3 by finberty

All I know is I trust the people at the club to work out what the entitlement is, to secure it and to allocate it wisely. That's all I need to know about Dale's allocation.

What I really want to know is how would our friends on the other side of Heywood have treated this unexpected windfall? Agent S Dale may have looked forward to it.

Hence the element of monitoring

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 18:59 - Dec 3 with 2225 viewsDalenet

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 18:41 - Dec 3 by finberty

100% agree with that...I too trust the club to apply for everything they are entitled to.

The £30m that has been allocated for loss of income is the equivalent of £4 per fan per match based on previous season attendances. We may not have received £375,000 based on our share of the total attendances so I am pleased to see that the minimum payment of £375,000 has been applied.

I started my response to this thread to say that I was disappointed by the size of the contribution - as David Bottomley has said on TV tonight it will barely cover two months of cost. But it is a grant rather than a loan and we should be grateful for that
£250 Million rescue package agreed on 19:03 - Dec 3 with 2208 viewsjudd

£250 Million rescue package agreed on 18:59 - Dec 3 by Dalenet

100% agree with that...I too trust the club to apply for everything they are entitled to.

The £30m that has been allocated for loss of income is the equivalent of £4 per fan per match based on previous season attendances. We may not have received £375,000 based on our share of the total attendances so I am pleased to see that the minimum payment of £375,000 has been applied.

I started my response to this thread to say that I was disappointed by the size of the contribution - as David Bottomley has said on TV tonight it will barely cover two months of cost. But it is a grant rather than a loan and we should be grateful for that

Well if playing Manu away wasn’t worth a vvank what should we expect when we receive free money?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024