Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plans for return of fans 16:30 - Dec 10 with 3162 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/december/returnoffansinfo/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Plans for return of fans on 17:46 - Dec 10 with 3037 views442Dale

Latest Government press conference has had some focus on the rising numbers in London and with them only recently put into tier 2 there’s a chance it could lead to a move to tier 3. Would they then run the risk of similar changes in numbers ahead of Christmas by moving areas from 3 to 2?

To add to the confusion, it appears that lower non-league clubs can have fans return in tier 3!
https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8341

That’s beyond mystifying as there is no way those clubs, with smaller grounds and less faculties can have a plan in place that’s as thorough as that of Dale’s.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Plans for return of fans on 17:50 - Dec 10 with 3030 viewsjudd

Plans for return of fans on 17:46 - Dec 10 by 442Dale

Latest Government press conference has had some focus on the rising numbers in London and with them only recently put into tier 2 there’s a chance it could lead to a move to tier 3. Would they then run the risk of similar changes in numbers ahead of Christmas by moving areas from 3 to 2?

To add to the confusion, it appears that lower non-league clubs can have fans return in tier 3!
https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8341

That’s beyond mystifying as there is no way those clubs, with smaller grounds and less faculties can have a plan in place that’s as thorough as that of Dale’s.

Andy Burnham has hinted at a split Greater Manchester on a North/South divide, citing concerns the leader of Rochdale council has about the borough dropping into Tier 2

Poll: What is it to be then?

Plans for return of fans on 17:25 - Dec 16 with 2631 viewsD_Alien

The review of which tier we're in is being conducted today, but the outcome not announced until tomorrow. Many people may have expected an outcome today, but with the PM putting a revised message out about households mixing between 23-27 Dec it may have been decided not to make any other announcements on the same day

For us and other clubs who might still have some hope of being able to allow fans to attend on Saturday (however slim), this leaves just Friday to get the ticketing sorted online if it becomes possible. There was mention of a 'window' for DFRC holders, then open sale. That's likely to be a very narrow window!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Plans for return of fans on 18:24 - Dec 16 with 2494 viewsnordenblue

Plans for return of fans on 17:50 - Dec 10 by judd

Andy Burnham has hinted at a split Greater Manchester on a North/South divide, citing concerns the leader of Rochdale council has about the borough dropping into Tier 2

Theres a strong chance of keeping the whole of Greater Manchester in tier 3, imagine the reception that would have received had it been London...
Plans for return of fans on 20:31 - Dec 16 with 2392 viewsboromat

Plans for return of fans on 17:25 - Dec 16 by D_Alien

The review of which tier we're in is being conducted today, but the outcome not announced until tomorrow. Many people may have expected an outcome today, but with the PM putting a revised message out about households mixing between 23-27 Dec it may have been decided not to make any other announcements on the same day

For us and other clubs who might still have some hope of being able to allow fans to attend on Saturday (however slim), this leaves just Friday to get the ticketing sorted online if it becomes possible. There was mention of a 'window' for DFRC holders, then open sale. That's likely to be a very narrow window!

Just noticed we're down for a 13:00 kick off aswell. Hadn't seen that advertised.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Plans for return of fans on 07:57 - Dec 17 with 2145 viewsjudd

Plans for return of fans on 20:31 - Dec 16 by boromat

Just noticed we're down for a 13:00 kick off aswell. Hadn't seen that advertised.

Yeah, I only noticed that when I saw the hospitality advert.

Not that we'll be going to the game anyway...

Poll: What is it to be then?

Plans for return of fans on 09:41 - Dec 17 with 2064 viewsdawlishdale

Plans for return of fans on 07:57 - Dec 17 by judd

Yeah, I only noticed that when I saw the hospitality advert.

Not that we'll be going to the game anyway...

Burnham the rat has been lobbying to keep North Manchester in T3, whilst lowering Central and South Manchester to T2.
Plans for return of fans on 10:01 - Dec 17 with 2038 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

No real point in going down to tier 2 now, barely any time for hospitality to make any money & also the hassle of ordering, staffing etc only to be put back into a lockdown in Jan. IMO better we stay tier 3 til Feb when more vulnerable people will have been vaccinated, then make a concerted effort to open up in stages.
Login to get fewer ads

Plans for return of fans on 10:12 - Dec 17 with 2022 viewsD_Alien

Plans for return of fans on 09:41 - Dec 17 by dawlishdale

Burnham the rat has been lobbying to keep North Manchester in T3, whilst lowering Central and South Manchester to T2.

"North/South divide"

Plans for return of fans on 10:14 - Dec 17 with 2015 viewsD_Alien

Plans for return of fans on 10:01 - Dec 17 by Plattyswrinklynuts

No real point in going down to tier 2 now, barely any time for hospitality to make any money & also the hassle of ordering, staffing etc only to be put back into a lockdown in Jan. IMO better we stay tier 3 til Feb when more vulnerable people will have been vaccinated, then make a concerted effort to open up in stages.

I somehow doubt "hospitality" would agree with you

Plans for return of fans on 10:14 - Dec 17 with 2012 viewsDaleiLama

Latest numbers don't seem to justify that?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/latest-coro

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Plans for return of fans on 10:18 - Dec 17 with 2003 viewsDaleiLama

Plans for return of fans on 10:01 - Dec 17 by Plattyswrinklynuts

From what I understood, the 5 day Xmas break is a temporary "Tier X" then go back into previous Tiering. So if we are downgraded to Tier 2 pre-Xmas ,and our rates justify it, I'd say there was every reason to hope for a downgrade now which might stay in place post Xmas?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Plans for return of fans on 10:26 - Dec 17 with 1988 viewsTVOS1907

Plans for return of fans on 20:31 - Dec 16 by boromat

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/november/ko-change_gillingham-h/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Plans for return of fans on 11:04 - Dec 17 with 1940 viewsdingdangblue

Lancashire told they are remaining in tier 3.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Plans for return of fans on 11:07 - Dec 17 with 1937 viewsdingdangblue

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Plans for return of fans on 11:56 - Dec 17 with 1849 viewsD_Alien

Plans for return of fans on 10:18 - Dec 17 by DaleiLama

From what I understood, the 5 day Xmas break is a temporary "Tier X" then go back into previous Tiering. So if we are downgraded to Tier 2 pre-Xmas ,and our rates justify it, I'd say there was every reason to hope for a downgrade now which might stay in place post Xmas?

I think the lower restrictions over the 5-day Christmas period just concerns gatherings in people's homes, and doesn't mean that hospitality can re-open - which of course it won't be now anyway

Plans for return of fans on 18:47 - Dec 17 with 1577 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Where have you got this information from? Just that when we originally went into the Tier system it was reported that he was vehemently against southern parts of GM being allowed to be in Tier 2 , against the wishes of some of the local MPs.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Plans for return of fans on 22:24 - Dec 17 with 1431 viewsDalenet

It was reported that the leaders of Rochdale, Oldham and Bury councils asked to stay in Tier 3. That meant the "southern" areas of Greater Manchester were trapped too. If he had campaigned as you suggest the southern areas of the conurbation would be released into Tier 2 which didn't happen

My understanding from a Board member of the Greater Manchester NHS Trusts is that hospitals remain stretched and that is the key factor in the decision
Plans for return of fans on 22:46 - Dec 17 with 1382 viewsnordenblue

Plans for return of fans on 22:24 - Dec 17 by Dalenet

It was reported that the leaders of Rochdale, Oldham and Bury councils asked to stay in Tier 3. That meant the "southern" areas of Greater Manchester were trapped too. If he had campaigned as you suggest the southern areas of the conurbation would be released into Tier 2 which didn't happen

My understanding from a Board member of the Greater Manchester NHS Trusts is that hospitals remain stretched and that is the key factor in the decision

Are hospitals not usually pretty stretched in winter leading up to Christmas? I'm sure I heard some top local nhs brass on radio 2 recently stating they're always predicted to run around 90%+ capacity anyway this time of year
Plans for return of fans on 10:11 - Dec 18 with 1248 viewsdawlishdale

Plans for return of fans on 18:47 - Dec 17 by foreverhopefulDale

Where have you got this information from? Just that when we originally went into the Tier system it was reported that he was vehemently against southern parts of GM being allowed to be in Tier 2 , against the wishes of some of the local MPs.

It was on the MEN site or twitter about 3 days ago. Plus, I spoke to someone who attended Burnham's news briefing last week, when he strongly hinted that Manchester should be split up.

Burnham has changed his views on this several times, and appears to have done so again.
Plans for return of fans on 10:58 - Dec 18 with 1191 viewsDalenet

Plans for return of fans on 22:46 - Dec 17 by nordenblue

Are hospitals not usually pretty stretched in winter leading up to Christmas? I'm sure I heard some top local nhs brass on radio 2 recently stating they're always predicted to run around 90%+ capacity anyway this time of year

Yes they are. But you'll be aware that up to 20% of staff are off at any time due to isolating (which isn't normal), there is little elective surgery taking place, and high dependency care takes an awful lot more resource then say a flu victim. Pennine Acute trust is full and is having to send patients to other trusts for care my colleague tells me. That will have been a factor in the decision. Besides 200+ cases per 100,000 is still high. We just need to get through this for the next couple of months
Plans for return of fans on 06:10 - Dec 19 with 959 viewsnordenblue

Plans for return of fans on 10:58 - Dec 18 by Dalenet

Yes they are. But you'll be aware that up to 20% of staff are off at any time due to isolating (which isn't normal), there is little elective surgery taking place, and high dependency care takes an awful lot more resource then say a flu victim. Pennine Acute trust is full and is having to send patients to other trusts for care my colleague tells me. That will have been a factor in the decision. Besides 200+ cases per 100,000 is still high. We just need to get through this for the next couple of months

I agree with most of your points, the part about sending patients to other trusts for care is all again very "normal", someone on radio 2 that I wish now I'd noted their name who's job was purely to deal in the numbers and capacity, their opinion was totally opposite to that saying hospitals are "struggling", this was during the height of it all, we've since seen numbers drop through the floor as a comparison.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024