Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tier 3 we stay 12:37 - Dec 17 with 4747 viewselectricblue

It was always inevitable that that we stay in tier 3..
Those 5 days over christmas lets just hope the infection isnt a huge increase and sets the area back.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Tier 3 we stay on 12:47 - Dec 17 with 3764 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

No surprise, the govt is in a no win situation with Xmas, they’re being hammered by the medical profession for “allowing” households to mix over the 5 day window but would be ignored wholesale if they tried to bring in tougher rules!
Jan is traditionally the worst month for hospital admissions & will be much worse than normal this time round whatever happens.
Tier 3 we stay on 13:26 - Dec 17 with 3648 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Longterm = right decision.

Confucius said" the best thing you can give each other this Christmas is Space"

He knew what he was talking about.
Tier 3 we stay on 13:37 - Dec 17 with 3641 viewsJames1980

Too risky for me to have come up so opted for the IFollow option. Sorry for those of you who were looking forward to going on Saturday. The subs and staff will just have to shout at the obnoxious fat weeble that is Gills manager

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Tier 3 we stay on 14:32 - Dec 17 with 3534 viewsDalenet

Tier 3 we stay on 13:37 - Dec 17 by James1980

Too risky for me to have come up so opted for the IFollow option. Sorry for those of you who were looking forward to going on Saturday. The subs and staff will just have to shout at the obnoxious fat weeble that is Gills manager

To be honest he must be pretty vulnerable and I am surprised he isn't shirking from home.

but then who'd drive the coach? (Main stand joke)
Tier 3 we stay on 15:10 - Dec 17 with 3460 viewsrkershaw

Tier 3 we stay on 14:32 - Dec 17 by Dalenet

To be honest he must be pretty vulnerable and I am surprised he isn't shirking from home.

Does this news mean that we'll automatically receive our free passes for Saturday's game or do we need to email the ticket office??
Tier 3 we stay on 15:48 - Dec 17 with 3359 viewsJames1980

Tier 3 we stay on 14:32 - Dec 17 by Dalenet

I don't recall that the one season I had in the main stand.

Tier 3 we stay on 16:51 - Dec 17 with 3261 viewsTVOS1907

Tier 3 we stay on 15:10 - Dec 17 by rkershaw

Does this news mean that we'll automatically receive our free passes for Saturday's game or do we need to email the ticket office??

They've been sent out this afternoon.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tier 3 we stay on 17:17 - Dec 17 with 3208 viewsblackdogblue

Pubs not reopening was a certainty we were never going Tier 1.. but why not put the entire country on Tier 3....

Said it before, there won’t be any pubs left soon, there have been threads in the past about local ones gone. Be a big fooking list soon 😢

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Tier 3 we stay on 17:45 - Dec 17 with 3156 viewsrkershaw

Tier 3 we stay on 17:17 - Dec 17 by blackdogblue

Pubs not reopening was a certainty we were never going Tier 1.. but why not put the entire country on Tier 3....

Said it before, there won’t be any pubs left soon, there have been threads in the past about local ones gone. Be a big fooking list soon 😢

Cheers for clarifying....UTD!!
Tier 3 we stay on 17:47 - Dec 17 with 3155 viewsD_Alien

Tier 3 we stay on 17:17 - Dec 17 by blackdogblue

Fear not, bdb

Just look at the huge number of new pubs & micropubs that've sprung up over the past couple of years - quite a number in Rochdale alone, but that pattern has been repeated wherever you go

Of course, some of these may have to close for good due to the current circumstances, but you can be sure of one thing (i certainly am) - that when conditions are back to how they should be, there will be a huge upsurge in new businesses just waiting to fill the void

The old street-corner boozer with it's sticky carpet may not survive, but that type of establishment was on its way out anyway. Embrace the new! For a start, the ale's miles better in these places

[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 17:49]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tier 3 we stay on 19:14 - Dec 17 with 3027 viewsblackdogblue

Tier 3 we stay on 17:47 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

Fear not, bdb

Just look at the huge number of new pubs & micropubs that've sprung up over the past couple of years - quite a number in Rochdale alone, but that pattern has been repeated wherever you go

Of course, some of these may have to close for good due to the current circumstances, but you can be sure of one thing (i certainly am) - that when conditions are back to how they should be, there will be a huge upsurge in new businesses just waiting to fill the void

The old street-corner boozer with it's sticky carpet may not survive, but that type of establishment was on its way out anyway. Embrace the new! For a start, the ale's miles better in these places

[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 17:49]

I do fear DA..

My father in law would whole heartedly agree with you, he’s a Camra member & frequents such places like the Old Post Office in Cassy amongst others.

I have never had the taste for Bitter except for being about 18 & going into Blackley village for a few pints of Holts’s bitter at 54p a pint as it was strong 🤣🤣 else I have always been a lager lout 😀. Yes a new breed may arise like a Phoenix (no relationship to RIPBFC) but as much as people like it or hate it, you develop an acquired taste for Sam Smiths & yes the Black Dog is not the Ritz, but it isn’t a Saloon anymore either. It’s within walking distance to unwind after work and I am getting too old to traipse in a taxi to Rochdale for a few beers...

Tier 3 we stay on 19:44 - Dec 17 with 2971 viewsD_Alien

Tier 3 we stay on 19:14 - Dec 17 by blackdogblue

I do fear DA..

My father in law would whole heartedly agree with you, he’s a Camra member & frequents such places like the Old Post Office in Cassy amongst others.

I have never had the taste for Bitter except for being about 18 & going into Blackley village for a few pints of Holts’s bitter at 54p a pint as it was strong 🤣🤣 else I have always been a lager lout 😀. Yes a new breed may arise like a Phoenix (no relationship to RIPBFC) but as much as people like it or hate it, you develop an acquired taste for Sam Smiths & yes the Black Dog is not the Ritz, but it isn’t a Saloon anymore either. It’s within walking distance to unwind after work and I am getting too old to traipse in a taxi to Rochdale for a few beers...

Know what you mean

The Black Dog's okay, I used to enjoy an occasional pint in there when I lived on the new estate built in the 90s

It's a simple question of economics though. If it shuts, but there's enough customers to make it worth re-opening, someone will give it a go. If not, it'll shut anyway, regardless of covid. There's certainly enough people living nearby for it to work but it'll have to cater for wider tastes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tier 3 we stay on 20:12 - Dec 17 with 2926 viewsDalenet

Tier 3 we stay on 15:48 - Dec 17 by James1980

I don't recall that the one season I had in the main stand.

He turns up dressed in a blazer and baggy polyester trousers. He looks like the coach driver. Needless to say he was given some humorous shouts about where he had parked the coach by unnamed main standers.
Tier 3 we stay on 20:16 - Dec 17 with 2910 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Tier 3 we stay on 13:26 - Dec 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

Longterm = right decision.

Confucius said" the best thing you can give each other this Christmas is Space"

He knew what he was talking about.

Nearly, it’s Rochdale, they’re getting Spice.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Tier 3 we stay on 20:25 - Dec 17 with 2891 viewsDaleiLama

Tier 3 we stay on 19:14 - Dec 17 by blackdogblue

I do fear DA..

Come over to the Dark(er) Side BDB. It's never too late!!!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Tier 3 we stay on 20:31 - Dec 17 with 2875 viewsjudd

Tier 3 we stay on 20:25 - Dec 17 by DaleiLama

Come over to the Dark(er) Side BDB. It's never too late!!!

Yes, or take a walk on the mild side

Poll: What is it to be then?

Tier 3 we stay on 20:38 - Dec 17 with 2865 viewsblackdogblue

To combine above... He turns up dressed in a blazer and baggy polyester trousers.

That’s Humphrey Smith... grrrrrrr

Unfortunately the dog will never prosper as long as the old goat is still breathing...

Sat with the news on at 11:30 working from home, it’s been a shite year with what’s going on but at least can get some bog rolls to dry my tears now 😀

Life has changed, would I drink real ale if that was the only option?? Probably not but never liked a lot of things growing up.. maybe, just maybe if I had 2 but hopefully never 😂

Tier 3 we stay on 20:51 - Dec 17 with 2841 viewsJames1980

Tier 3 we stay on 20:12 - Dec 17 by Dalenet

He turns up dressed in a blazer and baggy polyester trousers. He looks like the coach driver. Needless to say he was given some humorous shouts about where he had parked the coach by unnamed main standers.

That's brilliant lol

Tier 3 we stay on 23:24 - Dec 17 with 2701 viewstruenorth

Tier 3 we stay on 20:12 - Dec 17 by Dalenet

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/peterborough-united-manager-stev

TN

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Tier 3 we stay on 06:44 - Dec 18 with 2587 viewsnordenblue

Tier 3 we stay on 23:24 - Dec 17 by truenorth

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/peterborough-united-manager-stev

TN

I'm not sure how that's available in a "small"...

The most ill fitting trousers in the history of football
Tier 3 we stay on 15:50 - Dec 18 with 2392 views49thseason

Tier 3 we stay on 06:44 - Dec 18 by nordenblue

I'm not sure how that's available in a "small"...

The most ill fitting trousers in the history of football

Many smaller and mid -sized breweries are on the brink of extinction . I hear Brains in South Wales is about to go under and 200 pubs with it and several 100s of jobs thanks to that nutter Drakeford. There is revolution in the air with discussions taking place between brewers concerning the withholding of taxes on all the beer that has been thrown away. Apparently the Scottish police refused to let a landlord give his beer away to his former customers rather than put it down the drains because of "rules" .. not laws, rules!
Tier 3 we stay on 16:01 - Dec 18 with 2356 viewsjonahwhereru

Bo Jo couldn’t lead a dog, but he does want for vindictiveness (the likes of Ken Clarke and Nick Soames) can testify to that.
Andy Burnham stood into Bo Jo, which will cost the area in the long run. The evidence will have to be irrefutable before Burnham’s fiefdom comes out of their 3.
Tier 3 we stay on 16:26 - Dec 18 with 2326 viewsmightydale

Tier 3 we stay on 16:01 - Dec 18 by jonahwhereru

Bo Jo couldn’t lead a dog, but he does want for vindictiveness (the likes of Ken Clarke and Nick Soames) can testify to that.
Andy Burnham stood into Bo Jo, which will cost the area in the long run. The evidence will have to be irrefutable before Burnham’s fiefdom comes out of their 3.

What's your opinion on Mark drakeford then ????
As for vindictiveness Rochdale and Oldham Council ( and one other Council which I can't remember who)and even Andy Burnham (only my opinion of course)wasnt wanted us to stay in teir 3.

What makes me laugh is that labour want/wanted tougher teir restrictions, but complain when we are struck in teir 3 still.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Tier 3 we stay on 20:56 - Dec 18 with 2186 viewsblackdogblue

I care less about politics than most things.. one thing I will add IMHO is if Burnham was not so controversial than Liverpool & accepted the Govt request to voluntary go into tier 3 would we now be in tier 2?

Liverpool Mayor issues since aside but that is NFR...

Tier 3 we stay on 21:05 - Dec 18 with 2173 views442Dale

Tier 3 we stay on 20:56 - Dec 18 by blackdogblue

I care less about politics than most things.. one thing I will add IMHO is if Burnham was not so controversial than Liverpool & accepted the Govt request to voluntary go into tier 3 would we now be in tier 2?

Liverpool Mayor issues since aside but that is NFR...

Probably not. And as has been pointed out, locally Rochdale and other areas preferred to stay in tier 3 anyway.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024