Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bola gone back to Arsenal 14:44 - Jan 5 with 2893 viewseitoof

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/january/tolajibolareturnstoarsenal/

He wasn't brilliant.
Bola gone back to Arsenal on 14:48 - Jan 5 with 2864 viewsnordenblue

Does that mean a defender inbound 🤔
Bola gone back to Arsenal on 14:49 - Jan 5 with 2856 viewsD_Alien

His last few performances took a sharpish turn downhill

It's likely his time at Dale was his first footballing experience away from familiar (and plush) surroundings. In time, that might make him a better player, but right now and in the current circumstances he'll need to be closer to home

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 14:50 - Jan 5 with 2845 viewsisitme

For a player from a Premier League academy he just never looked comfortable on the ball. Not a patch on RND.
Bola gone back to Arsenal on 14:59 - Jan 5 with 2817 viewsDaleiLama

Good luck to the lad in his future endeavours, but as a fit at our club, he was a square peg in a round hole. If anything, as his confidence waned, he regressed rather than improved, in contrast to many other loanees who have kicked on during their time at the COA. Disappointing for him and us sadly.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 15:09 - Jan 5 with 2786 viewsNigeriamark

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 14:59 - Jan 5 by DaleiLama

Good luck to the lad in his future endeavours, but as a fit at our club, he was a square peg in a round hole. If anything, as his confidence waned, he regressed rather than improved, in contrast to many other loanees who have kicked on during their time at the COA. Disappointing for him and us sadly.

Let's see what Brighton have got. 2 out of 2 with them and they know that if they loan us a good one he will get game time

Of course the new Covid rules may have a big say in people travelling on loan especially if it's a long distance.
Bola gone back to Arsenal on 15:14 - Jan 5 with 2762 viewsjpresto

Came with a good pedigree but failed to live up to expectations. Always looked as if he did not understand his role while with us.
Bola gone back to Arsenal on 15:20 - Jan 5 with 2728 viewsAtThePeake

Looked okay in the first couple of matches but after he was hauled off at half-time in one of the games (Wimbledon maybe?) each game just seemed worse than the last.

For those of us of a Spurs persuasion (I know there's at least one other!) it's a relief to no longer have to support an Arsenal player, but good luck to the lad in his future career, once he has left the Emirates of course.

Tangled up in blue.

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 15:33 - Jan 5 with 2678 views49thseason

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 14:50 - Jan 5 by isitme

For a player from a Premier League academy he just never looked comfortable on the ball. Not a patch on RND.

Hard to imagine him making any progress at a Premiership Club at all, No great pace and as you say far from comfortable on the ball
Login to get fewer ads

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 15:45 - Jan 5 with 2640 viewsJames1980

What do we reckon if he came over on loan is Luke good enough to cover left back? Maybe Yeboah will join up with the squad again. Will BBM pull a masterstroke and put someone totally unexpected in the LB position who makes the position their own.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 15:57 - Jan 5 with 2606 viewsTVOS1907

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 15:45 - Jan 5 by James1980

What do we reckon if he came over on loan is Luke good enough to cover left back? Maybe Yeboah will join up with the squad again. Will BBM pull a masterstroke and put someone totally unexpected in the LB position who makes the position their own.

I very much doubt Wolves would loan us a good right-back if we wanted to play him at left-back, James.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 15:59 - Jan 5 with 2596 viewsBrierls

No great surprise.

I was a bit concerned when he first signed and somebody found a 'highlights' reel which consisted of a player just passing the ball sideways and backwards. BBM's interview suggested he'd been after Bola all along, he was a perfect fit, and we'd pulled off something of a coup by securing his signature.

BBM obviously saw something he thought he could work with, but unfortunately I don't think Bola is strong enough technically or mentally. Not at this level. All managers will have signings that didn't work out, Bola will be marked down as one of those.

Hopefully we've had his replacement lined up for months and we'll announce that shortly.

I don't understand the clamour from some to get Matheson back. Yes, he's a young player with a huge amount of potential, but he didn't hold down a regular starting spot at right back when he was our player. He was targetted aerially because of his height. Why the hell would we get him back to play him out of position, and why would Wolves allow that? *Edit* As TVOS said, beating me to it!
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 16:01]
Bola gone back to Arsenal on 16:11 - Jan 5 with 2560 viewsJames1980

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 15:57 - Jan 5 by TVOS1907

I very much doubt Wolves would loan us a good right-back if we wanted to play him at left-back, James.

Another string to his bow perhaps, but I see your point.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 16:45 - Jan 5 with 2477 viewsboromat

I should imagine Bola has now found himself in a very small group of players that have played for Rochdale's first team and never played in front of Dale fans.

A few more might join him by the end of the season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 18:21 - Jan 5 with 2297 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 16:45 - Jan 5 by boromat

I should imagine Bola has now found himself in a very small group of players that have played for Rochdale's first team and never played in front of Dale fans.

A few more might join him by the end of the season.

If we play again!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 18:45 - Jan 6 with 1839 viewsdingdangblue

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 15:33 - Jan 5 by 49thseason

Hard to imagine him making any progress at a Premiership Club at all, No great pace and as you say far from comfortable on the ball

Medium pace Bola?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bola gone back to Arsenal on 03:06 - Jan 8 with 1532 viewsYadHoDale

A possible short term solution at LB might be David Buchanan. Possibly surplus to requirements at Chesterfield, who've just signed a left back from Gloucester.

Although he's 34, he's had a decent career with Bury (same team/time as BBM), Preston and Northampton, and is a Rochdale lad by birth. Don't know if he has family/connections still in the area, but as a short-term older head to give Joe Dunne and/or Kacper Mialkowski a chance to develop, he might be worth a punt???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024