Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Humps v Hendo 19:50 - Jan 16 with 2477 viewsrkershaw

Haven't heard anything as regards our former Messiah of late ...... especially now that our new hero has found his goal scoring boots.....
Hendo......6 goals in 23......
Humps ......6 goals in 11....
...nuff said !! 😉👍🏻⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️
Humps v Hendo on 20:05 - Jan 16 with 2415 viewspioneer

Well you could find same comparisons with Big Reg ....nuff said?

You can find several occasions where Dale players (including Henderson) scored 6 goals in 11 games.

Hopefully he will be able to continue this scoring run over several seasons and score more than 112 in his first 297 games

Why do some folks want to continually knock the second highest goalscorer the club has had in its entire history? Lets celebrate both former and current players.
Humps v Hendo on 20:13 - Jan 16 with 2364 viewsD_Alien

Humps v Hendo on 20:05 - Jan 16 by pioneer

You can find several occasions where Dale players (including Henderson) scored 6 goals in 11 games.

Hopefully he will be able to continue this scoring run over several seasons and score more than 112 in his first 297 games

Why do some folks want to continually knock the second highest goalscorer the club has had in its entire history? Lets celebrate both former and current players.

Some good points, but inevitably, character comes into the mix

What appeals to me about Humphrys is his ability to take the knocks in his stride, something Reg was also able to do, and over the course of a longish spell at the club what plays into the affection of fans is not just stats but how players conduct themselves both on and off the pitch - and these days, on social media too

Humphrys has shown this week a very positive and proactive side to that. It can't be denied that it makes a difference

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Humps v Hendo on 20:13 - Jan 16 with 2377 viewsfunkkk

Humps v Hendo on 20:05 - Jan 16 by pioneer

Yep, Hendo’s been and gone and was a damn good player for us. I would say it’s nice to have an out and out striker again but that’s no slight on our previous players.
Humps v Hendo on 20:40 - Jan 16 with 2293 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Humps v Hendo on 20:13 - Jan 16 by funkkk

Yep, Hendo’s been and gone and was a damn good player for us. I would say it’s nice to have an out and out striker again but that’s no slight on our previous players.

He was but it did become a little like dancing Homer featuring the Springfield Isotopes near the end (sure someone will link ) as simpsons fans probably remember, where he was almost bigger than the club.

How he left and his Facebook antics/apparent lies did not endear him, nor did his attempts to hold the club to ransom, so part of me likes the fact that if you take penalties off, he is far from prolific.

I generally wish every player well when they leave us, with the odd exception, but every time he does not score for the mercenaries, and humps scores or sets up a goal, I do get a warm feeling!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Humps v Hendo on 09:48 - Jan 17 with 1949 viewsjonahwhereru

One is an old prolific goal scorer, the other is a young enthusiastic goal scorer. One is full of guile and craft, the other one say here I am try and stop me. One is a channel runner who drifts into space. One is an old fashioned centre forward who relishes a physical battle. One loves the ball and carresses it, the other tries to knock dcrap out of the ball. One has the club at heart, the other has himself at heart. One is captain material, the other was never captain material. One is current, one is history.
On history, both could end up living long in the history of the club and be outstanding goalscorers for us.
Overall I take the one we have over the one we had.
Humps v Hendo on 10:07 - Jan 17 with 1905 viewsdingdangblue

Humps v Hendo on 09:48 - Jan 17 by jonahwhereru

One is an old prolific goal scorer, the other is a young enthusiastic goal scorer. One is full of guile and craft, the other one say here I am try and stop me. One is a channel runner who drifts into space. One is an old fashioned centre forward who relishes a physical battle. One loves the ball and carresses it, the other tries to knock dcrap out of the ball. One has the club at heart, the other has himself at heart. One is captain material, the other was never captain material. One is current, one is history.
On history, both could end up living long in the history of the club and be outstanding goalscorers for us.
Overall I take the one we have over the one we had.

If Humphrys carries on his current form he won't be here long.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Humps v Hendo on 10:13 - Jan 17 with 1891 viewsrichfoad32

On balance, I would rather have Humphrys as well. I'm slightly pessimistic about his chances of sticking around long enough to become a club legend though, especially if we go down.
Humps v Hendo on 10:16 - Jan 17 with 1881 views442Dale

Humps v Hendo on 10:07 - Jan 17 by dingdangblue

If Humphrys carries on his current form he won't be here long.

That’s the fear. The simple way he held off players as they congregated around him yesterday will draw the attention of other clubs, there’s a real player in the there to the point he seems completely different to the one we had three years ago. And his goal scoring record for us is already one in two. Bids will undoubtedly come in the summer and, with the caveat he stays fit, if he’s here by summer 2022 it would be a surprise.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Humps v Hendo on 10:23 - Jan 17 with 1844 viewsfitzochris

Humps v Hendo on 10:16 - Jan 17 by 442Dale

That’s the fear. The simple way he held off players as they congregated around him yesterday will draw the attention of other clubs, there’s a real player in the there to the point he seems completely different to the one we had three years ago. And his goal scoring record for us is already one in two. Bids will undoubtedly come in the summer and, with the caveat he stays fit, if he’s here by summer 2022 it would be a surprise.

And I think BBM deserves a lot of credit for seeing this and pulling out all the stops to land him. The manager is, quite rightly, receiving criticism for on-field issues at the minute, but his planning and identifying of squad players cannot be disputed. How much of that is down to SmarterScout is unclear, but you still have to know what you want when inputting data into that thing.

You can see that Humphrys, Beesley and Newby all have the potential to combine to devastating effect. If they all go on to better things - and the club manage the situation right - then the club will be left better off financially for it.

Hopefully we are still competing in League One when that time comes.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Humps v Hendo on 10:33 - Jan 17 with 1818 viewsDaleiLama

Humps v Hendo on 10:16 - Jan 17 by 442Dale

This was the reason I had reservations about him coming back. I remember how Calvin used his body to fend off defenders and Humps was the one being pushed off every time during his first spell, even though he was a gym bunny. During his time away from the COA his play has improved enormously and he is developing with the guile of a Calvin and the goals of a Hendo. As you say that's going to be an enticing prospect for a lot of clubs with deeper pockets than ours which will turn the heads of those in charge of the purse strings. What we have in our favour is location and he seems to be a round peg in a round hole with us. We it be enough to ward off suitors? Sadly, probably not but we live in hope.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Humps v Hendo on 22:22 - Jan 17 with 1487 viewsAtThePeake

Tangled up in blue.

Humps v Hendo on 10:30 - Jan 18 with 1292 viewsSaxonDale

Humphrys is one of a few players we've had at different times and in different positions where his physique/ ability makes him clearly too good for this level. Completely different player but always felt the same when we had O'Connell- almost like watching the teacher joining in with a primary school kick about.
Humps v Hendo on 11:41 - Jan 18 with 1225 viewsYouTubeDale

It's very sad the way Hendo left us and you can never take away those precious positive memories Hendo left us with. Yes, as noted above, two different ways to score goals and operate on the pitch.
Going a stage further, what is different between Rickie Lambert and Humps or even Grant Holt? Of course if Baah keeps winning us free kicks it's no longer Lambert territory it's Humps territory.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Humps v Hendo on 13:00 - Jan 18 with 1103 viewsSaxonDale

As an aside about Hendo-

Interesting to hear Neville saying he's playing at the base of a front 4 at the moment- which might go someway to explaining his lack of goals
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024