Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye Kwadwo? 15:14 - Jan 20 with 5996 viewsIOMDale

https://mobile.twitter.com/mcgrathmike/status/1351878732798185473

Heard owt similar Fitz?

UTDNFS

Bye Kwadwo? on 15:17 - Jan 20 with 3964 viewsDalenet

Not surprised if true. Hope any poaching club doesn't expect to pick him up for pennies given the state of the finances of the lower leagues
Bye Kwadwo? on 15:26 - Jan 20 with 3930 views442Dale

If we can get a large fee that allows us to recruit 3/4 good players for the positions we need, then really hope this is true. Of course, timing is an issue as we need those players in before the end of Jan, so selling Baah in the 31st won’t really help unless we’ve already brought others in.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bye Kwadwo? on 15:26 - Jan 20 with 3922 viewsfitzochris

I haven’t heard of any firm bids but, having dealt with his agent, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s being touted about.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bye Kwadwo? on 15:28 - Jan 20 with 3926 viewsIOMDale

Bye Kwadwo? on 15:26 - Jan 20 by fitzochris

I haven’t heard of any firm bids but, having dealt with his agent, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s being touted about.

He’ll inevitably be off at some point so I think the best case scenario for us now is try and create a bidding war which at least pushes his price up.

UTDNFS

Bye Kwadwo? on 15:33 - Jan 20 with 3908 viewsAtThePeake

Bye Kwadwo? on 15:28 - Jan 20 by IOMDale

He’ll inevitably be off at some point so I think the best case scenario for us now is try and create a bidding war which at least pushes his price up.

If we're going to get anything beyond compensation for him, we're going to have to sell him in the next week and a half you'd suspect. Would be very surprising to see him sign a new deal given the interest.

Tangled up in blue.

Bye Kwadwo? on 15:35 - Jan 20 with 3897 viewsIOMDale

Bye Kwadwo? on 15:33 - Jan 20 by AtThePeake

If we're going to get anything beyond compensation for him, we're going to have to sell him in the next week and a half you'd suspect. Would be very surprising to see him sign a new deal given the interest.

Exactly - if he die end up in Italy or Germany, we’ll receive nowt for him either so as a result, I fully expect him to be off by the end of next week.

UTDNFS

Bye Kwadwo? on 15:39 - Jan 20 with 3882 viewselectricblue

If Baah is out of contract come summer then it would be a good bit of business to sell him in january........

As for money towards players more than likely to pay some of the debt accrued this season..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Bye Kwadwo? on 15:41 - Jan 20 with 3866 viewsIOMDale

Bye Kwadwo? on 15:39 - Jan 20 by electricblue

If Baah is out of contract come summer then it would be a good bit of business to sell him in january........

As for money towards players more than likely to pay some of the debt accrued this season..

... or a new Compliance Manager or summat like that.

UTDNFS

Login to get fewer ads

Bye Kwadwo? on 16:14 - Jan 20 with 3751 viewsjudd

Bye Kwadwo? on 15:39 - Jan 20 by electricblue

Do you think the club has accrued a debt this season, other than the council loan?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bye Kwadwo? on 16:14 - Jan 20 with 3757 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bye Kwadwo? on 15:41 - Jan 20 by IOMDale

... or a new Compliance Manager or summat like that.

and continue to pay the wages of Done, Mc Nulty, Mc Shane et al.....
Bye Kwadwo? on 16:22 - Jan 20 with 3720 viewsfitzochris

Bye Kwadwo? on 16:14 - Jan 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Unfortunately, from speaking to agents, the market is currently flooded with clubs trying to offload players.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bye Kwadwo? on 16:30 - Jan 20 with 3685 viewsShun

It's such a shame he's out of contract in the summer because he could've gone for an incredible fee if not. As it is, the length of his contract might reduce anything we could ask for, although hopefully the rumoured number of clubs who are interested could hike it back up again.
Bye Kwadwo? on 16:40 - Jan 20 with 3652 viewsTVOS1907

Bye Kwadwo? on 16:14 - Jan 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

They're under contracts which are unlikely to be paid by other clubs at their time of career and at this time of the season.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Bye Kwadwo? on 18:11 - Jan 20 with 3408 viewsSaxonDale

Suspect we struggled to get Kwadwo to sign for longer in the first place, hence the 1 year deal. Sadly resigned to seeing him go- he's been our most exciting teenager to watch since McCourt.
Bye Kwadwo? on 19:17 - Jan 20 with 3236 viewselectricblue

Bye Kwadwo? on 16:14 - Jan 20 by judd

Do you think the club has accrued a debt this season, other than the council loan?

Surely the club as amassed a debt or two besides the council loan..

Love to be wrong though.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Bye Kwadwo? on 19:29 - Jan 20 with 3194 views49thseason

Bye Kwadwo? on 18:11 - Jan 20 by SaxonDale

Suspect we struggled to get Kwadwo to sign for longer in the first place, hence the 1 year deal. Sadly resigned to seeing him go- he's been our most exciting teenager to watch since McCourt.

I think it was 2 years but I'm surprised there isnt another years option at the very least. How did we expect to fully capitalise on a 16 year old with just a 2 year contract? He is 18 next week. Maybe we can offer a better contract despite the emerging interest?
Bye Kwadwo? on 19:39 - Jan 20 with 3163 viewsboromat

Bye Kwadwo? on 19:29 - Jan 20 by 49thseason

I think it was 2 years but I'm surprised there isnt another years option at the very least. How did we expect to fully capitalise on a 16 year old with just a 2 year contract? He is 18 next week. Maybe we can offer a better contract despite the emerging interest?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/september/kwadwo-baah_scholarship/

2 year scholarship in Sept 2019.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/february/kwadwobaahcontract/

And then made it professional terms until summer 2021.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Bye Kwadwo? on 20:29 - Jan 20 with 3033 views49thseason

Bye Kwadwo? on 19:39 - Jan 20 by boromat

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/september/kwadwo-baah_scholarship/

2 year scholarship in Sept 2019.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/february/kwadwobaahcontract/

And then made it professional terms until summer 2021.

Well remembered, still surprIsed if there isnt some sort of extension given the excitement BBM shows in that second piece. Maybe there is still some news to come
Bye Kwadwo? on 20:37 - Jan 20 with 3003 viewsboromat

Bye Kwadwo? on 20:29 - Jan 20 by 49thseason

Well remembered, still surprIsed if there isnt some sort of extension given the excitement BBM shows in that second piece. Maybe there is still some news to come

Unfortunately these contracts aren't always to the clubs favour in terms of selling players on sometimes it's more in the players favour for getting a move and the value for the club is having that player on the books for the length of the contract. Obviously Baah is a bit different with being younger but NML was the same he wasn't ever signed for us to make money he signed for a limited time to get first team opportunities and to quickly get a free move to a bigger club.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Bye Kwadwo? on 22:56 - Jan 20 with 2792 viewsAtThePeake

Bye Kwadwo? on 19:29 - Jan 20 by 49thseason

A 3 year deal on a 16 year old would've been a big risk, at any wage - and that's without taking into account his health problems.

Tangled up in blue.

Bye Kwadwo? on 23:26 - Jan 20 with 2748 views49thseason

Bye Kwadwo? on 22:56 - Jan 20 by AtThePeake

A 3 year deal on a 16 year old would've been a big risk, at any wage - and that's without taking into account his health problems.

Thats why I thought an 3rd year option would have been a better bet , as in option for the club not Baah
Bye Kwadwo? on 23:53 - Jan 20 with 2706 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bye Kwadwo? on 20:37 - Jan 20 by boromat

Unfortunately these contracts aren't always to the clubs favour in terms of selling players on sometimes it's more in the players favour for getting a move and the value for the club is having that player on the books for the length of the contract. Obviously Baah is a bit different with being younger but NML was the same he wasn't ever signed for us to make money he signed for a limited time to get first team opportunities and to quickly get a free move to a bigger club.

....and where is NML now?....really,where is he?
Bye Kwadwo? on 00:46 - Jan 21 with 2657 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Bye Kwadwo? on 23:53 - Jan 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

....and where is NML now?....really,where is he?

I think he is still in Dubai fitness training, or he was last I heard. No idea why he is there or what is going on, bearing in mind he has a young child.

As for Baah, let’s just hope we can get a good sell on percentage.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Bye Kwadwo? on 07:02 - Jan 21 with 2569 viewsNewbury_Dale

Hopefully his agent and the player himself appreciate the benefits of first team football, and sign another contract. I dare say they'll be chasing the cash alas and the idea of two years lost in an U23 system at a bigger club doesn't bother them at all.
Bye Kwadwo? on 09:13 - Jan 21 with 2455 viewsBlueMessiah

Bye Kwadwo? on 07:02 - Jan 21 by Newbury_Dale

Hopefully his agent and the player himself appreciate the benefits of first team football, and sign another contract. I dare say they'll be chasing the cash alas and the idea of two years lost in an U23 system at a bigger club doesn't bother them at all.

I suspect the lure of a decent move will be too much for him (and his agent) to resist. If what Fits suspects about his agent touting him around is true then, sadly, it will only result in one thing.

Poll: Do I Know You?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024