Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM is a very lucky man in one respect..... 07:47 - Jan 27 with 1102 viewsEllDale

......inasmuch as there are no crowds currently allowed at home matches.
Much as we like the guy I suspect that a chunk of the home fans would definitely be on his case by now.
And several of his players, rightly or wrongly, would have been offered some advice, not of all of it constructive.
Would we have been booed off? Perhaps.
I for one am now sick of being allowed to watch a coaching project develop.
This is a business, not an experiment in footballing philosophy.
I'm fed up up of seeing kids who probably don't even shave every day yet being asked to do a man's job.
Sorry if this offends the purists but In our current predicament give me a Peter Clarke type defender over a Haydon Roberts type defender anyday.
And I wish the latter well but players like him, Bola and Magoire aren't what we need at the moment.
BBM is a very lucky man in one respect..... on 08:13 - Jan 27 with 1041 viewsBigDaveMyCock

The search for a Peter Clarke-type defender is proving as illusive as someone to play off Calvin.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

BBM is a very lucky man in one respect..... on 08:15 - Jan 27 with 1036 viewsD_Alien

I'm pretty sure you're right in your assessment of "no crowd"

Another aspect is, how many would there be? A guesstimate posted yesterday put it at around 1500. Just supposing, based on ST sales at the start of this season, we now had unrestricted attendance, that'd be a fair guess imo

The club need to take heed, before a generation of support is lost (for several reasons)

The basics of professional football are being ignored in what you rightly describe as a "coaching experiment". Those young lads being asked to step up will instead be disheartened and ultimately have no skin in the game, as it were. Not their fault, but yes, there'd be boos, fuelled by booze
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 8:19]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024