Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 8 Games 08:25 - Jan 27 with 1904 viewsNigeriamark

Between now and the end of February ( Based on this boards fixture list) we have 8 games, 4 at home & 4 away

7 of the 8 teams are in the bottom half, with Charlton at home the only exception. March is a very tough month where we play the top 3 & Sunderland so we could be at a make or break period now as we either gain or lose ground with teams around us. Although it has been said before, IMO we need

1. Continue the attacking intent but whoever is in defence needs to get back to basics especially if we are leading ( those last gasp goals in the last 30 seconds of our last 2 games were entirely manageable). Nothing wrong with row Z or their corner flag at times

2. 2 players needed if possible, LB & Tough midfielder.

3. I don't believe in bringing in players we have to pay for just to cover a month of injuries as we will end up paying to have players to sit on the bench. Also as shown under the last 2 years of Hill, spending more doesn't guarantee a higher finish. However we should really be tapping the loan market as we have a track record of giving loanees some game time

4. As a result of my view on point 3, we have to hope for a spell of good luck regarding injuries. All clubs get them but it seems to be our entire attack or entire defence. Just as our attack gets going every experienced/tough CH is out. Earlier every forward seemed to be out I think we have the players to both defend and attack, they are just not on the pitch at the same time

I'm still optimistic of survival, but that is based on injured players starting to come back ( or some loans/signings). Less than 12 points in the next 8 games will have me changing that view
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 8:26]
Next 8 Games on 14:44 - Jan 27 with 1646 views442Dale

From Saturday’s match thread so as to list the games:

Our next nine games up until the end of Feb:
Oxford h LOST
Bristol R a
Charlton h
MK Dons h
AFC Wimbledon a
Blackpool a
Plymouth h
Northampton a
Burton h

Got to be looking at setting a target of 15 points from that lot with so many against teams around us. That would put us on 38 points from 32 games.

After Oxford: 15 points from 8 games looks a tall order, but again with the teams we are playing we can’t afford to drop too many points to them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Next 8 Games on 15:31 - Jan 27 with 1570 viewsNorthernDale

Bristol Rovers are improving under Tisdale, but we have a decent record and keeping fingers crossed, it will continue. Charlton are a good team and will be difficult and MK Dons are a better team, then their position suggests and can score goals, which worries me with our defence. Blackpool are unpredictable, they can one minute beat the best and next game lose, which to some extent sums up league 1 this season.

The other games are winnable, but difficult, i would overjoyed with 12 points from the next 8 games, anymore would be a bonus.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024