Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook 22:02 - Feb 16 with 7382 viewsdingdangblue

Available and "desperate to get back into football".

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/paul-cook-break

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Paul Cook on 23:05 - Feb 16 with 6240 viewsNIGELdale

I’d have him tomorrow bit of experience and would be tough on them instead of being mates . Give him a deal till the end of the season and if we stay up then see from there . Tonight wasn’t good I could have been in net tonight can’t remember if we tested their keeper. Things have to change or league 2 beckons.
Paul Cook on 23:56 - Feb 16 with 6137 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Paul Cook on 23:05 - Feb 16 by NIGELdale

I’d have him tomorrow bit of experience and would be tough on them instead of being mates . Give him a deal till the end of the season and if we stay up then see from there . Tonight wasn’t good I could have been in net tonight can’t remember if we tested their keeper. Things have to change or league 2 beckons.

Tbh if Peter Cook were available I would have him. BBM is not learning from mistakes made seasons ago. The last 4 years bar cup runs have been abject.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Paul Cook on 00:17 - Feb 17 with 6115 viewsJames1980

Paul Cook on 23:56 - Feb 16 by Thacks_Rabbits

Tbh if Peter Cook were available I would have him. BBM is not learning from mistakes made seasons ago. The last 4 years bar cup runs have been abject.

With Dudley Moore as his number 2?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Paul Cook on 00:17 - Feb 17 with 6115 viewsnordenblue

You've spelt shite wrong thacks....
Paul Cook on 07:38 - Feb 17 with 5953 viewsfitzochris

I asked someone I know if he knew what some of these decent available managers had been on salary wise in their previous jobs. Better than that, he knew what some of them were asking for now. The answers that came back were eye watering. I have no idea what BBM is being paid, but I would hazard a guess that it’s a lot less than these guys. I’m not saying available managers wouldn’t drop their demands for a short period, but there’s no way they would long term.

If I can find this out, our club can.

I’m wondering if that, allied to the fear of a big personality, is what’s putting them off taking any action at the moment?

Of course, it could be that they think everything is fine, as some of our support still seem to.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 7:51]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Paul Cook on 08:31 - Feb 17 with 5859 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Paul Cook on 07:38 - Feb 17 by fitzochris

I asked someone I know if he knew what some of these decent available managers had been on salary wise in their previous jobs. Better than that, he knew what some of them were asking for now. The answers that came back were eye watering. I have no idea what BBM is being paid, but I would hazard a guess that it’s a lot less than these guys. I’m not saying available managers wouldn’t drop their demands for a short period, but there’s no way they would long term.

I’m wondering if that, allied to the fear of a big personality, is what’s putting them off taking any action at the moment?

Of course, it could be that they think everything is fine, as some of our support still seem to.

Don’t leave us in suspense Fitzo, can you give us an idea of amounts (mentioning no names of course)?
I find it hard to believe that anyone who supports dale can seriously think that all’s well. The only conclusion I can come to is that the board don’t think that relegation is a disaster for the club & they can bounce back with BBM at the helm. Fans of Chesterfield, Southend, Hartlepool etc might beg to differ however.
Their policy seems to be based on a model that sells young promising talent on for a profit to sustain the club. However this cannot be at the expense of the basic goal of any club which is to get fans through the gates (when open), entertain your support & finish as high as you can.
The only scant consolation is that fans haven’t been there to witness the catastrophic home form.
Fans are rightly concerned when the club announces off field appointments while failing to address on field issues. The board needs to give its collective head a serious wobble & take a long hard look at where this club is heading.
Paul Cook on 09:55 - Feb 17 with 5700 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Ah, thanks for reminding me of the great Scunny man Alan Latchley (aka Peter Cook)

“Football, she’s a cruel mistress. She’s more than a mistress. She’s a wife, she’s a mother, she’s a daughter, she’s an errant child.”

“She can make you laugh, she can make you cry. She can bring tears to my eyes. She can bring blood to me shoulders. She can bring...the kettle to the boil.”

“Because football is about nothing, unless it’s about something and what it is about...is football.”

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Paul Cook on 10:36 - Feb 17 with 5575 viewsmingthemerciless

I thought I saw in the paper that Paul Cook was being linked with Bristol City.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook on 10:47 - Feb 17 with 5552 viewsDalenet

Paul Cook on 07:38 - Feb 17 by fitzochris

The club will know the market rates for players and managers. We have 3 general managers and a HR director on the payroll and for all their faults, they will have the insight.

You will have knowledge of the wages of ex managers and I wouldn't be shocked if we were talking £500k plus. With back office changes a change to an experienced manager probably comes with a £1m tag.

I remember when BBM was appointed. The CEO said that BBM had bought into the budgets at the club and would work without an assistant in order to save cash. So BBM was a cheap option and he was never supported. That doesn't mean it was wrong...and he did use the resources from the Academy to support him. The short term boost has evaporated and we lack experience. But it was affordable

To be honest this position has been caused by the Board. There is a danger they hang BBM out to dry when he has done what he can given his experience. But we are heading to the trap door now and the Board can't leave this to fester. Get him some help and support (even the mighty Steve Bruce at Newcastle has brought in some extra help to guide him) or do the right thing. The players have capability to keep us up if focussed. The clubs fan base is dying and we won't survive a League Two battle based on our current income.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 10:49]
Paul Cook on 11:02 - Feb 17 with 5484 viewsNafelad

Just a thought - are 'the board' interested in being involved in a business, and not too concerned with results and which league division we play our football in? I don't get the feeling that any of 'the board' are real fans in the same way that Chris Dunphy and Andrew Kelly were.

Topcat

Paul Cook on 11:23 - Feb 17 with 5427 viewsfitzochris

Paul Cook on 11:02 - Feb 17 by Nafelad

Just a thought - are 'the board' interested in being involved in a business, and not too concerned with results and which league division we play our football in? I don't get the feeling that any of 'the board' are real fans in the same way that Chris Dunphy and Andrew Kelly were.

Andrew Kelly is on the current board.

Paul Cook on 11:30 - Feb 17 with 5398 viewsNafelad

Paul Cook on 11:23 - Feb 17 by fitzochris

Andrew Kelly is on the current board.

Apologies to Andrew Kelly - I'm sure he's still a real fan, but I wonder how many of the others are like him.

Topcat

Paul Cook on 12:09 - Feb 17 with 5300 viewsBrierls

It would be interesting to see how 'desperate' he was and how that would affect his salary demands.

I suspect that Paul Cook is some way out of our wage bracket.

I don't want BBM out, but results-wise he must be on thin ice. If Dale were to sack him, they need to have a seriously qualified replacement.
Paul Cook on 12:58 - Feb 17 with 5175 viewsfitzochris

Paul Cook on 12:09 - Feb 17 by Brierls

It would be interesting to see how 'desperate' he was and how that would affect his salary demands.

I suspect that Paul Cook is some way out of our wage bracket.

I don't want BBM out, but results-wise he must be on thin ice. If Dale were to sack him, they need to have a seriously qualified replacement.

I agree with that - and they don't come cheap as a long-term option. It could be that hands are tied, if that is the current thinking of the board (and I'm not convinced it is).

Paul Cook on 13:23 - Feb 17 with 5102 viewselectricblue

Paul Cook on 10:47 - Feb 17 by Dalenet

The club will know the market rates for players and managers. We have 3 general managers and a HR director on the payroll and for all their faults, they will have the insight.

You will have knowledge of the wages of ex managers and I wouldn't be shocked if we were talking £500k plus. With back office changes a change to an experienced manager probably comes with a £1m tag.

I remember when BBM was appointed. The CEO said that BBM had bought into the budgets at the club and would work without an assistant in order to save cash. So BBM was a cheap option and he was never supported. That doesn't mean it was wrong...and he did use the resources from the Academy to support him. The short term boost has evaporated and we lack experience. But it was affordable

To be honest this position has been caused by the Board. There is a danger they hang BBM out to dry when he has done what he can given his experience. But we are heading to the trap door now and the Board can't leave this to fester. Get him some help and support (even the mighty Steve Bruce at Newcastle has brought in some extra help to guide him) or do the right thing. The players have capability to keep us up if focussed. The clubs fan base is dying and we won't survive a League Two battle based on our current income.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 10:49]

But yet the club bring in new staff.
Is this at the expense of the playing squad!

So lets say BBM is sacked and Paul Cook comes in, will he want to stay with Dale in lge2!
In that scenario BBM is the better option..

I like the idea of Paul Cook taking over but if he did he will have to be offered a longer Deal than to the end of the current season..

Would the club keep BBM on as staff though...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Paul Cook on 13:29 - Feb 17 with 5069 viewsfitzochris

Paul Cook on 13:23 - Feb 17 by electricblue

But yet the club bring in new staff.
Is this at the expense of the playing squad!

So lets say BBM is sacked and Paul Cook comes in, will he want to stay with Dale in lge2!
In that scenario BBM is the better option..

I like the idea of Paul Cook taking over but if he did he will have to be offered a longer Deal than to the end of the current season..

Would the club keep BBM on as staff though...

If the club hired Paul Cook as manager on anything more than beyond the end of the season, supporters would be very entitled to ask where the money was coming from to finance it.

Paul Cook on 13:32 - Feb 17 with 5043 viewsD_Alien

Paul Cook on 13:29 - Feb 17 by fitzochris

If the club hired Paul Cook as manager on anything more than beyond the end of the season, supporters would be very entitled to ask where the money was coming from to finance it.

Just as we're asking where the money is coming from to finance all these non-playing appointments

They'd have to Cook the books

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Paul Cook on 13:35 - Feb 17 with 5026 viewsfitzochris

Paul Cook on 13:32 - Feb 17 by D_Alien

Just as we're asking where the money is coming from to finance all these non-playing appointments

They'd have to Cook the books

Arf.

Yes, we should constantly scrutinise club spending, lest we end up with two clubs.

Paul Cook on 13:43 - Feb 17 with 4996 viewsAtThePeake

Paul Cook on 13:35 - Feb 17 by fitzochris

Arf.

Yes, we should constantly scrutinise club spending, lest we end up with two clubs.

I thought better of you Chris.

Tangled up in blue.

Paul Cook on 13:45 - Feb 17 with 4988 viewsfitzochris

Paul Cook on 13:43 - Feb 17 by AtThePeake

I thought better of you Chris.

Tea spat at that :)

Paul Cook on 23:26 - Feb 21 with 4279 viewsDySporting

Paul Cook on 10:36 - Feb 17 by mingthemerciless

I thought I saw in the paper that Paul Cook was being linked with Bristol City.

Rumours have it here in Bristol that Barton is to become Rovers manager and Pearson is the favourite for the City job
Paul Cook on 23:31 - Feb 21 with 4272 viewsSandyman

Paul Cook on 23:26 - Feb 21 by DySporting

Rumours have it here in Bristol that Barton is to become Rovers manager and Pearson is the favourite for the City job

Can see the Ipswich job being vacant soon as well
Paul Cook on 15:38 - Feb 22 with 3827 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Paul Cook on 23:31 - Feb 21 by Sandyman

Can see the Ipswich job being vacant soon as well

Lambert is on a 5 year deal ridiculously and won’t be cheap for Evans to get rid of, although many want him gone.

Ipswich job has the cowleys written all over it.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Paul Cook on 22:16 - Feb 22 with 3615 viewsDySporting

Paul Cook on 23:26 - Feb 21 by DySporting

Local press spot on. Pearson was 11/1 to get the job when I posted...

The Suffolk inbreds can't afford to get rid of agent Lambert from what I gather from the East. Lambert in
Paul Cook on 22:21 - Feb 22 with 3598 viewsBrierls

Paul Cook on 22:16 - Feb 22 by DySporting

Local press spot on. Pearson was 11/1 to get the job when I posted...

The Suffolk inbreds can't afford to get rid of agent Lambert from what I gather from the East. Lambert in

It wasn’t just local press, SkySports were reporting yesterday evening he was set to be appointed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024