Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sporting director 15:44 - Feb 17 with 22293 viewsfitzochris

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Sporting director on 21:58 - Feb 18 with 2781 viewsSandyman

Sporting director on 21:39 - Feb 18 by TVOS1907

Thought that was a misspelling of TVOS at first glance, Stanley.

You know from past articles my spelling is exmeplary
Sporting director on 22:01 - Feb 18 with 2758 viewsjudd

Sporting director on 21:54 - Feb 18 by DaleiLama

Someone's already used the get out of jail free card I believe?

He has, bro

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sporting director on 22:04 - Feb 18 with 2751 viewsSandyman

Sporting director on 22:01 - Feb 18 by judd

He has, bro

Have you got the horn by chance ?
Sporting director on 22:06 - Feb 18 with 2725 viewsjudd

Sporting director on 22:04 - Feb 18 by Sandyman

Have you got the horn by chance ?

Everything by chance

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sporting director on 22:08 - Feb 18 with 2719 viewsSandyman

Worth a read, from a major shareholder

https://trainingground.guru/articles/dan-altman-liberating-the-world-of-football
Sporting director on 09:08 - Feb 19 with 2468 viewsgolfaduffy

Sporting director on 13:49 - Feb 18 by JPSDale

I'm no supporter of our CEO, and I see how he rubs people up the wrong way - BUT ... Boardroom Revolt was nothing to do with him as he carries so little weight with the shareholders.
A Kilpatrick, D Kilpatrick and G Morris were more likely candidates for CD leaving and the unnecessary acrimony. During the later stages of of CD Chairmanship Mr Morris was sat in the mainstand exec seats - once CD was ejected Mr Morris was back in the comfort of the Boardroom along with D Kilpatrick who watched occasionally. A Kilpatrick not really seen ( nothing new)
Ive never really bought into "the overcoat" men thing - any money introduced was loans which have been paid back, time given- yes, but they got free seat ( best in the house), food and drink. But now if these men really care about the club they either need to dust off the overcoat, or actively find the next custodian of their shares ( bought at £0.50, so to the right buyer, selling at £0.50 so as not to profit i would hope )

Your assumption in paragraph 2 is about as wrong as it's possible to be. And you are also wrong if you think that the CEO had nothing to do with CD's exit.
Sporting director on 11:11 - Feb 19 with 2320 viewsJPSDale

Sporting director on 09:08 - Feb 19 by golfaduffy

Your assumption in paragraph 2 is about as wrong as it's possible to be. And you are also wrong if you think that the CEO had nothing to do with CD's exit.

A CEO cant sack a Chairman - its like Chess, CEO does not posses the power to remove a Chairman, only the Majority Shareholders have the power to appoint and remove a Chairman.

The CEO has minimal shares, Kilpatrick *2 and Morris have majority of share between them - they as the majority shareholders decide who the Chairman is - thats why A Kilpatrick became Chairman - the other 2 did not want back into the Board, and he was the only major shareholder left standing when the music stopped

You state Para 2 is wrong, clearly I disagree, but you provide no other comment as to why its wrong. The above explains how and who can remove a chairman and the CEO does not have that power, unless he has the support of the Shareholders.... comes back to the fact that Shareholders got rid of Dunphy and returned to the Boardroom as VP, not as Board Directors

With the breaking news of the Chairman ( hope its not medical) there is now a huge void in the Boardroom as the majority of shares are held by non Board members. The current shareholders need to show their hand, are they going back on the Board and leading the club, or are they selling - but leaving the club with a "proxy board" is a poor legacy whilst still sitting on shares.
I dont think the Americans are the answer, but there has been no serious attempts made to bring in new blood to the shareholding / board for many years. In the current situation the club needs leadership beyond the voice of CEO - you never know, a stronger board might tone CEO down a little .....
Sporting director on 11:36 - Feb 19 with 2263 viewsJames1980

From AKs statement
Board Extract 10.09.2018

CD to reply to investment proposal from Dan Altman and provide feedback at the next meeting..

Board Extract 18.10.2018

CD confirmed that he had turned down an approach from Dan Altman with regard to investment in the club. The matter was closed.

As a new Board, we made further contacts and re-opened negotiations with Dan in an effort to possibly improve any offer that had been made to CD.

Was it this that led to CD being ousted? Was he meant to negotiate with the Americans rather than tell them thanks but no thanks. Interesting that the new board reopened negotiations fairly promptly.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Sporting director on 12:31 - Feb 19 with 2177 viewsfitzochris

Sporting director on 11:36 - Feb 19 by James1980

From AKs statement
Board Extract 10.09.2018

CD to reply to investment proposal from Dan Altman and provide feedback at the next meeting..

Board Extract 18.10.2018

CD confirmed that he had turned down an approach from Dan Altman with regard to investment in the club. The matter was closed.

As a new Board, we made further contacts and re-opened negotiations with Dan in an effort to possibly improve any offer that had been made to CD.

Was it this that led to CD being ousted? Was he meant to negotiate with the Americans rather than tell them thanks but no thanks. Interesting that the new board reopened negotiations fairly promptly.

https://rochdaleafcnews.com/2020/11/10/dan-altman-whats-his-next-move-in-this-un

Sporting director on 13:00 - Feb 19 with 2112 viewsSuggers

Sporting director on 21:56 - Feb 18 by JPSDale

The Club lost, we lost - Dunphy was brought during DK and GM years as he was younger and a potential successor to them. They ejected him after many years and have yet to replace him, there has been enough time, they are signing off on all the off field expenditure as if they weren't it would stop.
Successful business needs a succession plan, ultimately the shareholders responsibility to appoint the management, they appoint Chairman, They appoint CEO etc...

No local business person has been able to attain a serious stake in the club, introduce some new ideas and drive from the Boardroom since Andy Kelly joined umpteen years ago ( great job - thank you )

With DK, GM and now chairman all inactive our major shareholders are sat on shares which control the club, but they don't wish to have a say on which direction by being Directors.... just sit in the background and muttering what they don't want, please ask the overcoat men to tell us what the do want...

As they like to say, they are custodians of the club, they should be actively looking for those successors, sell them the shares at the same price they paid ie no profit for the right successor, remain a VP and then there is a future for the club. A void in the Boardroom is a very dangerous thing

Looking at the current board, with the exception of Andy Kelly, they own very few shares. The VPs and recently stood down Chair control the club, when will we hear or see their plans for the future...

I dont care for Boardroom politics - I care for the club..... The Board sets the whole tone, its the leadership, we currently have an empty space which needs filling

The American came knocking not just because of the Youth, The Balance Sheet, but because in their experience of the corporate world, a shareholder register with the current age profile represents a massive opportunity.

I wholeheartedly agree that the club lost, it lost decades of experience and commitment to our club.

My comment was who won, and that is the current CEO who found himself in a well paid job (after losing his previous job) with a board consisting of 2 direct reports and an absent chair. In other words I believe this was good planning and not good fortune that has enabled him to benefit personally.

I am not necessarily on the same page as you with regards shareholders. They do have some control but at the end of the day many business have a board who are not the main shareholders, however they are there to hold to account - and for that, with the current Board I am very thankful for.
Sporting director on 13:04 - Feb 19 with 2105 viewsHopwoodblue

Sporting director on 12:31 - Feb 19 by fitzochris

https://rochdaleafcnews.com/2020/11/10/dan-altman-whats-his-next-move-in-this-un

Reading that back and the mention of a full time Sporting director are we to believe Andrew Kilpatrick has resigned because the Americans are all ready to take over, had this been going on for a few weeks hence why there had been no mention from the current board regarding BBM’s position? Has Kilpatrick now sold his shares and given them a majority share holding ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Sporting director on 13:07 - Feb 19 with 2090 viewsfitzochris

Sporting director on 13:04 - Feb 19 by Hopwoodblue

Reading that back and the mention of a full time Sporting director are we to believe Andrew Kilpatrick has resigned because the Americans are all ready to take over, had this been going on for a few weeks hence why there had been no mention from the current board regarding BBM’s position? Has Kilpatrick now sold his shares and given them a majority share holding ?

Kilpatrick hasn’t sold his shares. I’m keeping a good eye on that.

Sporting director on 14:10 - Feb 19 with 1968 viewsNafelad

Sporting director on 17:06 - Feb 17 by funkkk

What on earth is going on with this club of ours.

"this club of ours" - I don't think you can say that any more.

The question now is: who does the club 'belong to'?

Topcat

Sporting director on 14:25 - Feb 19 with 1906 viewsD_Alien

Sporting director on 14:10 - Feb 19 by Nafelad

"this club of ours" - I don't think you can say that any more.

The question now is: who does the club 'belong to'?

The fanbase has never 'owned' the club, but ownership in the sense of shareholdings is entirely without value without the fanbase

It's still ours, and always will be. These threads are on the case, not least the wonderful contribution from BigKindo today

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sporting director on 14:35 - Feb 19 with 1866 viewsJames1980

I've interpreted that bit of the statement complete the wrong way round, based on the comment about the 'new board reentering negotiations.' Thank you for setting me straight FC

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Sporting director on 15:27 - Feb 19 with 1742 viewselectricblue

Going back to that interview with Altman, he states "As such we are not increasing our investment right now. If, however, we are in a position to go forward in the future, we will likely to make an offer to the club’s significant shareholders,"

Reading that snippit as that time now arrived and more so with the current climate of lower lge football finances!

Perhaps Altman might be thinking he can make cheap purchase...

Unless altman sells his stake to whoever there will always be that element in the back of supporters minds will he or wont buy more interest......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Sporting director on 16:21 - Feb 19 with 1649 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sporting director on 16:30 - Feb 19 with 1616 viewsDale23years

Sporting director on 16:21 - Feb 19 by 442Dale

Players thought they should of won the game, sweet mother jesus.

They are part of the problem if the players think they did a enough to win the game, al least training went brilliantly!!!!!!

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Sporting director on 16:35 - Feb 19 with 1585 viewsTomRAFC

Sporting director on 16:21 - Feb 19 by 442Dale

BBM is an enthusiastic guy, we know how he sounds when he's excited about a project. That's not the BBM we see when he talks about the sporting director/David Bottomley's insistence around getting one.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Sporting director on 16:43 - Feb 19 with 1541 viewsTomRAFC

Here's Altman's list of aims. Aside from the training ground...

- a permanent training ground to include facilities for the academy
- replacement of the pitch at the Crown Oil Arena
- a full-time sporting director
- funds to bolster the squad
- additional commercial staff
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 17:52]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Sporting director on 16:55 - Feb 19 with 1498 viewsDaleiLama

Sporting director on 16:30 - Feb 19 by Dale23years

Players thought they should of won the game, sweet mother jesus.

They are part of the problem if the players think they did a enough to win the game, al least training went brilliantly!!!!!!

I used to love listening to KH's interviews at first. He had the cheeky chappie swagger and a grin never far from his face, as he had fun with the interviewer. Then before his departure they deteriorated into a series of barely believable comments and a defensive, confrontational style which left me never wanting to hear another for the rest of my days. For different reasons, BBM's have also got there, without the confrontation aspect. Pass.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sporting director on 17:05 - Feb 19 with 1470 viewsdavidab2202

Sporting director on 16:43 - Feb 19 by TomRAFC

Here's Altman's list of aims. Aside from the training ground...

- a permanent training ground to include facilities for the academy
- replacement of the pitch at the Crown Oil Arena
- a full-time sporting director
- funds to bolster the squad
- additional commercial staff
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 17:52]

Interesting that 2 of their ideas have come to pass and apparently only a matter of an appointment to make a third a reality.
Has their been some input from our US shareholders, one wonders, not that we are likely to find out one way or the other due to poor communications from the club.
However if they are just "sitting on their hands" and have no involvement that is a concern as the question as to their future intentions is the bit that I don't like
Sporting director on 17:20 - Feb 19 with 1420 viewsblackdogblue

Here’s a thought, I win the Euro tonight £176 million (estimated of course).

Using the Rodney buying the Roller for Del Boy of Boycey method, rock up at 3pm to the main entrance tomorrow and ask the following: (FA/Legal etc aside)...

Q1: I have cash on the hip & want to buy the Club completely, who can I speak to?
Q2: How much?
Q3: I want complete control, can I let some people go if I wanted to?

Any ideas?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Sporting director on 17:26 - Feb 19 with 1400 views442Dale

Sporting director on 17:20 - Feb 19 by blackdogblue

Using the Rodney buying the Roller for Del Boy of Boycey method, rock up at 3pm to the main entrance tomorrow and ask the following: (FA/Legal etc aside)...

Q1: I have cash on the hip & want to buy the Club completely, who can I speak to?

Any ideas?

You’ll need someone to oversee the kits.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sporting director on 17:27 - Feb 19 with 1396 viewsDaleiLama

Sporting director on 17:20 - Feb 19 by blackdogblue

Any ideas?

Don't be surprised if you come away with a yellow 3-wheel Reliant Robin and a few boxes of Monopoly with instructions on how to play in Chinese.

Mange-tout mon ami and don't forget to throw in a bottle of creme de menthe

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024