Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC 12:21 - Feb 18 with 8793 viewsfitzochris

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 12:37 - Feb 18 with 5849 viewsSandyman

Hits the nail on the head perfectly. Especially the final sentence. Thanks, Mark (and Fitz)
Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 12:46 - Feb 18 with 5809 viewsD_Alien

Superb, one might almost say prescient...

And the term "pseudo-possession" - so precise, those responsible should feel cut to pieces just reading it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 12:52 - Feb 18 with 5780 viewskel

Belting read that and sums up how I’ve felt for the last few weeks. It’s taken me a while to see what’s going on (off the pitch especially) but something needs to change, and quick.

Thanks too for the learning of a new word - apocryphal.
Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 13:03 - Feb 18 with 5703 viewsTomRAFC

Superb piece involving two people held in especially high esteem at the moment. The club would do well to develop the ability to write statements even a quarter as good as this.

Will BBM be sacked? Or be allowed to run the risk and have his contract expire? Either way, a stronger willed manager (e.g. Cook / Holloway) may be able to give the club a kick up the backside, on and off the field.

Extending BBM’s contract because he managed to keep us up, or even if he takes us down whilst we are developing our "philosophy", will leave us with an unwieldy tanker of a club with little clarity as to how it could be turned around. Bloated with staff, all of whom seem very "nice", and not in the good way. One can’t help but wonder who the decision maker is in it all; someone is certainly making a whole host of decisions.

This brings the spotlight on to the board as a whole. An absent chairman who is a longstanding shareholder isn't the worst deal in the world, depending on who is left running the show in his absence. Is our CEO a much maligned fan with transferable skills? Or a suspect fellow out of nowhere, overconfident despite his lack of previous experience running a football club? Public opinion suggests a Tarzan like ability on his part to swing between the two.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 15:52]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 13:07 - Feb 18 with 5678 viewsjudd

As ever, Mark's forensic and surgically precise examination and observation of the club is a joy to read.

Thanks for writing it up, Mark, and for Fitzo sharing it.

He is certainly crediting the Chairman with the leftfield strategy.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 13:18 - Feb 18 with 5627 viewsgolfaduffy

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 13:03 - Feb 18 by TomRAFC

Superb piece involving two people held in especially high esteem at the moment. The club would do well to develop the ability to write statements even a quarter as good as this.

Will BBM be sacked? Or be allowed to run the risk and have his contract expire? Either way, a stronger willed manager (e.g. Cook / Holloway) may be able to give the club a kick up the backside, on and off the field.

Extending BBM’s contract because he managed to keep us up, or even if he takes us down whilst we are developing our "philosophy", will leave us with an unwieldy tanker of a club with little clarity as to how it could be turned around. Bloated with staff, all of whom seem very "nice", and not in the good way. One can’t help but wonder who the decision maker is in it all; someone is certainly making a whole host of decisions.

This brings the spotlight on to the board as a whole. An absent chairman who is a longstanding shareholder isn't the worst deal in the world, depending on who is left running the show in his absence. Is our CEO a much maligned fan with transferable skills? Or a suspect fellow out of nowhere, overconfident despite his lack of previous experience running a football club? Public opinion suggests a Tarzan like ability on his part to swing between the two.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 15:52]

The Chairman is not a "longstanding shareholder" having inherited his shares from his late father. I'm not entirely sure if he has put any additional money into the club, but would be interested to find out.

The CEO is a long standing supporter, but has a "dubious business history" and in many peoples views comes across as an egotist. He also had little previous experience within a football club before he mysteriously replaced the capable James Mason, who was very highly thought of. This was around the time that Chris Dunphy rather rapidly stepped down , sending shockwaves around footballing circles.

I fear for BBM, not only because of recent results and his awful team selections, but also because he may be sacked or replaced in all but name in order to deflect the flak from the real issues.
Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 13:29 - Feb 18 with 5556 viewsjudd

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 13:18 - Feb 18 by golfaduffy

The Chairman is not a "longstanding shareholder" having inherited his shares from his late father. I'm not entirely sure if he has put any additional money into the club, but would be interested to find out.

The CEO is a long standing supporter, but has a "dubious business history" and in many peoples views comes across as an egotist. He also had little previous experience within a football club before he mysteriously replaced the capable James Mason, who was very highly thought of. This was around the time that Chris Dunphy rather rapidly stepped down , sending shockwaves around footballing circles.

I fear for BBM, not only because of recent results and his awful team selections, but also because he may be sacked or replaced in all but name in order to deflect the flak from the real issues.

Mr Dunphy left before Mr Mason was replaced.

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 13:29 - Feb 18 with 5555 viewsD_Alien

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 13:18 - Feb 18 by golfaduffy

As the real issues emerge and a distinct "Emperor's New Clothes" atmosphere takes hold among the Dale fanbase (or at least a significant number), it's unlikely that we'll allow any deflection to occur. Whether we've supported for fifty-plus years or five, tenacity isn't something we'll ever be found lacking in

There's a 300+ page thread on here that says once we've seen how things stack up, we don't let go

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 13:57 - Feb 18 with 5439 viewselectricblue

Extremely well written and above all else says what Dale supporters have being saying for a wee while......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 14:10 - Feb 18 with 5389 viewsJames1980

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 13:29 - Feb 18 by D_Alien

As the real issues emerge and a distinct "Emperor's New Clothes" atmosphere takes hold among the Dale fanbase (or at least a significant number), it's unlikely that we'll allow any deflection to occur. Whether we've supported for fifty-plus years or five, tenacity isn't something we'll ever be found lacking in

There's a 300+ page thread on here that says once we've seen how things stack up, we don't let go

Why does any form of ambition have to equal becoming like Bury and then going bust? I get the caution but it seems like idea's are just shot down in flames. What do people genuinely and realistically want?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 14:19 - Feb 18 with 5350 viewsjudd

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 14:10 - Feb 18 by James1980

Why does any form of ambition have to equal becoming like Bury and then going bust? I get the caution but it seems like idea's are just shot down in flames. What do people genuinely and realistically want?

A left back.

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 14:29 - Feb 18 with 5316 viewsJames1980

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 14:19 - Feb 18 by judd

A left back.

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 14:32 - Feb 18 with 5298 viewsjudd

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 14:29 - Feb 18 by James1980

Actually you got me there, James. You said "realistically"

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 15:36 - Feb 18 with 5154 views100notout

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 12:52 - Feb 18 by kel

Belting read that and sums up how I’ve felt for the last few weeks. It’s taken me a while to see what’s going on (off the pitch especially) but something needs to change, and quick.

Exactly what I was going to say Kel (including apocryphal!)

Thanks Mark - that needs to be printed off by as many fans as possible and sent to DB and Kilpatrick with a covering letter informing them that soon there won't be any fans and without fans there will be no club - ALL ON THEIR WATCH!!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry for the capitals)

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 15:42 - Feb 18 with 5129 viewsTVOS1907

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 12:52 - Feb 18 by kel

It's been used in TVOS, I'll have you know.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 15:43 - Feb 18 with 5118 viewsD_Alien

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 14:10 - Feb 18 by James1980

You're mistaken in thinking i was drawing a direct parallel with finances at bury; the reference was regarding the way fans react to events which take their football club in a direction away from the fundamental business of sporting entertainment alongside fan engagement

And specifically, these events aren't "ideas" James, but confirmed expansion into the same territory that saw fans excluded from the end-of-season player awards without the ability to fork out a significant sum of money - and all this under the guise of increasing professionalism. It is a guise too, just as the "family club" is a masquerade; the purpose being, imo, to cement the position and therefore security of the CEO by surrounding himself with staff who're beholden to him. BBM falls into this category too; the Chairman* a mere puppet

Breaking news edit: ex-Chairman
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 17:43]

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 15:50 - Feb 18 with 5085 viewsTomRAFC

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 15:42 - Feb 18 by TVOS1907

By "used in", I assume you mean the publication and not the person?

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 15:55 - Feb 18 with 5044 viewsBigKindo

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 15:42 - Feb 18 by TVOS1907

Is that true or is it an Apochropha?
Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 16:05 - Feb 18 with 4977 viewsJames1980

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 15:43 - Feb 18 by D_Alien

You're mistaken in thinking i was drawing a direct parallel with finances at bury; the reference was regarding the way fans react to events which take their football club in a direction away from the fundamental business of sporting entertainment alongside fan engagement

And specifically, these events aren't "ideas" James, but confirmed expansion into the same territory that saw fans excluded from the end-of-season player awards without the ability to fork out a significant sum of money - and all this under the guise of increasing professionalism. It is a guise too, just as the "family club" is a masquerade; the purpose being, imo, to cement the position and therefore security of the CEO by surrounding himself with staff who're beholden to him. BBM falls into this category too; the Chairman* a mere puppet

Breaking news edit: ex-Chairman
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 17:43]

On the family club front perhaps that is something the trust need to work with the club on.
The gala event was scrapped, silly idea in the first place considering our league position at the time.

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 16:12 - Feb 18 with 4941 viewsD_Alien

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 16:05 - Feb 18 by James1980

On the family club front perhaps that is something the trust need to work with the club on.
The gala event was scrapped, silly idea in the first place considering our league position at the time.

The phrase "bread and circuses" comes to mind

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 16:15 - Feb 18 with 4924 viewsTomRAFC

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 16:12 - Feb 18 by D_Alien

The phrase "bread and circuses" comes to mind

I don't really like circuses. Can I have double bread instead?

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 16:22 - Feb 18 with 4884 viewsD_Alien

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 16:15 - Feb 18 by TomRAFC

I don't really like circuses. Can I have double bread instead?

Me neither

And of course... but expect it to be buttered up

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 16:30 - Feb 18 with 4838 viewskel

Too tight to buy it
Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 16:33 - Feb 18 with 4816 viewsDaleiLama

If the current situation is extrapolated to a potentially catastrophic end-point toast might be on the menu

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Mark Hodkinson on the current state of things at RAFC on 16:36 - Feb 18 with 4792 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Can't read it. I can't cope with white writing on a black background. I think its called astigmatism. It just gets blurry. I've tried copying the text out in to word but it just copies the background with it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024