Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth 20:40 - Feb 19 with 16611 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Plymouth 19th Feb 2021 20:38
Attention reverts back to on-field matters and Dale's increasingly worrying slide towards the relegation zone on Saturday with a home fixture against Plymouth Argyle. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 16:55 - Feb 20 with 2518 viewsbazingadale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 16:51 - Feb 20 by dawlishdale

He had the best effort of the game so far, forcing an excellent save. However; you better check with grumpy old Tony.

Yeah it was a decent effort. Hasn't done anything else the whole game though
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 16:56 - Feb 20 with 2495 viewsBarrowdale

If anyone says that was better, they are deluded.
Boring slow, too deep too negative. Cant wait for BBM’s drivel later
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:00 - Feb 20 with 2381 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Draws are useless in our predicament.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:00 - Feb 20 with 2345 viewsboromat

Well a point is an improvement results wise didn't expect anything today with the form Plymouth are in and our home form.

Doesn't look good for Lund though!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:01 - Feb 20 with 2337 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 16:56 - Feb 20 by Barrowdale

Copy and paste from about twenty minutes ago:

It wasn’t brilliant, but there has to be a balanced assessment and this is much more like the performances seen two years ago. An obvious change in approach at the back as defenders don’t come short at goal kicks/keeper going long when he has it in his hands and we look to play in their half.

It might be frustrating that we haven’t been doing it for weeks but this is exactly the approach that gives us a better chance in games.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:01 - Feb 20 with 2325 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 16:56 - Feb 20 by Barrowdale

I'll be the first to say that it was better. By no means good, but better. McShane and McLaughlin improve us, but I'm not sure Shaughnessy does.

I'm sure the fighting spirit is there...but I'm not sure that collectively we are quick enough.

Happy that we kept a clean sheet at home. First one since Portsmouth I think.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:05 - Feb 20 with 2197 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:01 - Feb 20 by dawlishdale

I'll be the first to say that it was better. By no means good, but better. McShane and McLaughlin improve us, but I'm not sure Shaughnessy does.

I'm sure the fighting spirit is there...but I'm not sure that collectively we are quick enough.

Remains to be seen if McShane can manage another 90 minutes in 3 days time because we definitely look more solid at the back with him there. If not, move Osho back to centre half because he's mot comfortable at fullback. We just look so slow and pedestrian with Shaughnessy and Morley in the middle.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:06 - Feb 20 with 2179 viewsShun

Entertaining match! Both teams could’ve quite easily won it and felt they deserved it, but a draw probably the fair result. That last 45 minutes is the best we’ve looked in a while.

Rathbone my MOM. Controversial, but I think he’s been our worst midfielder this season, yet today he was excellent. I was very impressed with Shaugnessy too, he looks better the more fit he gets.

Not good about Lund. His complete inability to weight-bear leads me to think it’s likely skeletal rather than muscular, hopefully not a fracture.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:06 - Feb 20 with 2187 viewsfunkkk

It was an improvement and a clean sheet at least. We need more than draws though, next game is huge.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:06 - Feb 20 with 2175 viewsgolfaduffy

A much needed clean sheet against a team that threatened to win easily at times. I was sure they would score just before we took Shaughnessy off. After the sub, we had a good 10 minutes,. Not sure I agree with the poster who said we were on top at the start of the second half?

Other results have gone ok for us, apart from Northampton winning again.

We need a win big time on Tuesday.

McShane did well after getting booked early on, and McLaughlin makes a huge difference when he is fit to play.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:06 - Feb 20 with 2157 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:01 - Feb 20 by dawlishdale

decent second half & we need to battle like that in the next 2 games v Northampton & Burton. Both lost today & both in the bottom 3. However Lund's injury a huge blow & ankles don't tend to heal that quickly. Just hope its not a 6 week + job but being on crutches isn't a good sign

Do we think McLaughlin & McShane can stay fit for 2 full games? Would give me a lot more confidence for these next 2 fixtures
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:07 - Feb 20 with 2135 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:01 - Feb 20 by 442Dale

Copy and paste from about twenty minutes ago:

It wasn’t brilliant, but there has to be a balanced assessment and this is much more like the performances seen two years ago. An obvious change in approach at the back as defenders don’t come short at goal kicks/keeper going long when he has it in his hands and we look to play in their half.

It might be frustrating that we haven’t been doing it for weeks but this is exactly the approach that gives us a better chance in games.

Pretty much my impression

For the first time in far too long, our performance at home felt like i'd not wasted my time watching - i felt entertained and it ended as a typical hard-fought 0-0 that can be appreciated, with chances at both ends

Much that can still be improved upon of course, but cutting out the pseudo-possession and playing with greater energy got us a point and kept us afloat in the increasingly-tight danger zone. More of that please, BBM

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:10 - Feb 20 with 2043 viewsSaxonDale

We were definitely better- McShane adds an experience that has been desperately lacking and we looked much more solid for having him in. Second half we played well but were unlucky with the injury to Lund- we miss an aerial presence up top and his injury is a huge worry.

One thing which is frustrating are the patches of Youth/Sunday league mistakes that players make. Newby needs to learn that beating a man or trying a cute pass should be for their final third- not ours.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:11 - Feb 20 with 2027 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:06 - Feb 20 by golfaduffy

A much needed clean sheet against a team that threatened to win easily at times. I was sure they would score just before we took Shaughnessy off. After the sub, we had a good 10 minutes,. Not sure I agree with the poster who said we were on top at the start of the second half?

Other results have gone ok for us, apart from Northampton winning again.

We need a win big time on Tuesday.

McShane did well after getting booked early on, and McLaughlin makes a huge difference when he is fit to play.

Northhampton lost.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:17 - Feb 20 with 1917 viewsDaleiLama

Could have converted some of the chances on another day and would have loved the Morley effort to beat the keeper - he hit it so cleanly. Couple of great saves from Bazunu and good to see Ollie get his mojo back. We could have easily conceded too but looked less flaky defensively with McShane running things alongside O'Connell. A clean sheet, a point and a platform to build from. Could have been a LOT worse come 5pm and has been too frequently. Big challenge Tuesday now and confidence level up a couple of % points.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 17:19]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:20 - Feb 20 with 1879 viewssxdale

I will take that, results (Swindon aside) going our way. Any 4 from 7 to go down.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:20 - Feb 20 with 1877 viewstony_roch975

agree with others, a solid performance against a top-half team and could have snatched all 3 points; agree about Newby needing to choose when to pass but also get that feeling with Humphrys on occasions whereas I felt Baah (who's defensive work gets better and better) has taken the coaching too much to heart and passed when he could have had a go.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:34 - Feb 20 with 1722 viewsgolfaduffy

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:11 - Feb 20 by SuddenLad

Northhampton lost.

Whoops...I'm sure they were winning when I looked. Even better for us then !!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:41 - Feb 20 with 1659 viewsNorthernDale

I was worried at Mayor running at Osho in the first half, we looked better and more balanced with Mcloughlin at right back in the second. Lund injury looked bad and I fear that he may be out for some weeks. Grant looked okay, when he came on.

Northampton is a big game on Tuesday, I would be tempted to start with Mcloughlin at right back (depending on his fitness), Done at left back, with keohane sitting in midfield. This may allow Keohane to cover the defence and keep the defence tight, it may also allow Mcloughlin and Done to get forward. I would drop Osho and Shaughnessy to the bench. But what I know, I am not a football manager.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:41 - Feb 20 with 1653 viewsLizardDale

Agree with this.

Thought Shaughnessy was excellent, as were Rathbone, McShane and Keohane.

We were pretty fortunate to still be level at half time but second half stepped up a gear and looked threatening. Too many occasions where the final pass wasn’t right.

What a difference having McShane and O’Connell together makes!

Can’t help but think we need maximum points from the next 2 games, we’ll be in a decent spot if we can get those!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:45 - Feb 20 with 1606 viewsLizardDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:41 - Feb 20 by LizardDale

Agree with this.

We were pretty fortunate to still be level at half time but second half stepped up a gear and looked threatening. Too many occasions where the final pass wasn’t right.

Can’t help but think we need maximum points from the next 2 games, we’ll be in a decent spot if we can get those!

This was meant to be a response to Shun🙄 can tell I rarely post.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:49 - Feb 20 with 1560 viewsrochedale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:00 - Feb 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Draws are useless in our predicament.

They aren’t. Every point counts to help keep us near to the top of the relegation 7.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:57 - Feb 20 with 1489 viewskel

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:06 - Feb 20 by Shun

Entertaining match! Both teams could’ve quite easily won it and felt they deserved it, but a draw probably the fair result. That last 45 minutes is the best we’ve looked in a while.

Rathbone my MOM. Controversial, but I think he’s been our worst midfielder this season, yet today he was excellent. I was very impressed with Shaugnessy too, he looks better the more fit he gets.

Not good about Lund. His complete inability to weight-bear leads me to think it’s likely skeletal rather than muscular, hopefully not a fracture.

Agree with that. Ollie has been off his game for a while now but was superb today.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 17:58]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 18:06 - Feb 20 with 1413 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 17:41 - Feb 20 by LizardDale

Agree with this.

What am I missing with Shaughnessy? He's a useful aerial presence and neat and tidy with the ball but looks very one paced, though admittedly he is probably still trying to get himself up to scratch with fitness. To also be fair, he did manage to support the attack and get shots away a couple of times but 'excellent', really? We looked far better after he went off. I'm not trying to bash or write him off by the way, I'm sure there's much more to come from him.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Plymouth on 18:12 - Feb 20 with 1355 viewsrich_dale

Feel more positive after that second half - reminded me of the type of resilience we showed after BBM's initial appointment and escape from relegation. The longer the game went on, the less we looked like conceding, and guess what, we had round pegs in round holes by the last quarter of the game - McLaughlin at right back, Rathbone moving into the middle (who was immense today) and Baah moving out wide.

Lund's (possibly serious?) injury is a blow but might be a strange blessing in disguise as Done looked lively when he came on (last few games he looks almost reborn) and is an experienced forward where Lund isn't - and will at least eliminate the error of playing Lund as a striker. If we can get full games out of the two Macs and show the same organisation and spirit of the second half then we'll pick up points.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024