Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday 09:13 - Feb 26 with 4350 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 09:30 - Feb 26 with 3584 viewsDalenet

Thanks for sharing. A good read, and somebody else who has spotted that our lack of intensity doesn't result in defensive strength and results. Not hard for opposition managers to create a game plan.

The other interesting slide is the minutes played per player. I genuinely think we miss Ryan and his minutes played is no better than McShane

Will be interesting to see whether we try and play a low intensity game tomorrow or whether we have a plan to attack. Never have 3 points been more valuable to create confidence for the rest of the campaign.

ps - have we sacked the club's psychologist yet.
A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 09:52 - Feb 26 with 3538 viewsJames1980

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 09:30 - Feb 26 by Dalenet

Thanks for sharing. A good read, and somebody else who has spotted that our lack of intensity doesn't result in defensive strength and results. Not hard for opposition managers to create a game plan.

The other interesting slide is the minutes played per player. I genuinely think we miss Ryan and his minutes played is no better than McShane

Will be interesting to see whether we try and play a low intensity game tomorrow or whether we have a plan to attack. Never have 3 points been more valuable to create confidence for the rest of the campaign.

Psychiatrist, who isn't at the club for footballing matters. I think the idea is if the players are not worrying about matters off the field they can concentrate on what they are doing on the pitch more.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 10:02 - Feb 26 with 3519 viewsnordenblue

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 09:52 - Feb 26 by James1980

Psychiatrist, who isn't at the club for footballing matters. I think the idea is if the players are not worrying about matters off the field they can concentrate on what they are doing on the pitch more.

Seems to be working a treat, give them a pay rise or at the very least add an assistant to the payroll to help out..👌
A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 10:05 - Feb 26 with 3512 viewsDalenet

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 09:52 - Feb 26 by James1980

Thanks for correcting me

Maybe there is scope for a sports psychologist to add to the back room staff......
A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 10:13 - Feb 26 with 3485 viewsJames1980

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 10:05 - Feb 26 by Dalenet

Thanks for correcting me

Maybe there is scope for a sports psychologist to add to the back room staff......

The who's who on the official site doesn't list the psychiatrist or a sports psychologist. The latter might not be a bad idea to complement the work of the former.

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 10:48 - Feb 26 with 3404 viewsD_Alien

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 10:13 - Feb 26 by James1980

The who's who on the official site doesn't list the psychiatrist or a sports psychologist. The latter might not be a bad idea to complement the work of the former.

I don't know about complement James, but they'd certainly be able to commiserate with each other

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 10:48 - Feb 26 with 3407 viewsBillyRudd

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 10:13 - Feb 26 by James1980

Please tell me this was an attempt at irony?
Otherwise aaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!
A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 11:03 - Feb 26 with 3364 viewsJames1980

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 10:48 - Feb 26 by BillyRudd

Please tell me this was an attempt at irony?
Otherwise aaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!

10 deep breaths in and out before you read further.

Many professional sports clubs have a sports psychologist if we don't, getting one surely wouldn't be a bad thing.

Login to get fewer ads

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 11:35 - Feb 26 with 3298 viewsShun

Good analysis! Interesting that Morley is the player with by far the most minutes out of the whole squad this season. It shows how much faith the manager has in him, much to the chagrin of some of the fanbase I would expect, especially when he's played so defensively.

'Nobody has conceded more headers in the league' - I'm sure you could've said that about us every season since before Hill took over.

Some damning statistics in there though. The second least crosses in the league. Good offensive play by the wingers but rarely supported by the full-backs (probably because more often than not we don't have any!). Complete reluctance to challenge for the ball unless it's in our half.
A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 11:48 - Feb 26 with 3273 viewsAtThePeake

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 11:35 - Feb 26 by Shun

Good analysis! Interesting that Morley is the player with by far the most minutes out of the whole squad this season. It shows how much faith the manager has in him, much to the chagrin of some of the fanbase I would expect, especially when he's played so defensively.

'Nobody has conceded more headers in the league' - I'm sure you could've said that about us every season since before Hill took over.

Some damning statistics in there though. The second least crosses in the league. Good offensive play by the wingers but rarely supported by the full-backs (probably because more often than not we don't have any!). Complete reluctance to challenge for the ball unless it's in our half.

The second least crosses in the league stood out to me too, especially when we've had some success from crosses with the likes of Lund and Keohane arriving late in the box and Humphrys as a target in there as well.

That last line is completely true too, I mentioned it on the podcast the other week but we have won possession in the final third fewer times than any other team in the league this season. There is no press whatsoever - which is probably a good thing when you consider how susceptible we seem to be to counter attacks from our own set-pieces.

Tangled up in blue.

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 11:48 - Feb 26 with 3271 viewsBillyRudd

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 11:03 - Feb 26 by James1980

10 deep breaths in and out before you read further.

Many professional sports clubs have a sports psychologist if we don't, getting one surely wouldn't be a bad thing.

Many professional sports clubs also have a manager that knows what he is doing. Personally I would start there if League 1 survival is the aim.
Another very important reason would be that we have been led to believe we are strapped for cash. Which prompts the question, are the Americans dictating expenditure now?
Nothing wrong with my breathing, except when teams are pumping balls into our area so don,t patronise me
A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 12:12 - Feb 26 with 3220 viewsJames1980

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 11:48 - Feb 26 by BillyRudd

Many professional sports clubs also have a manager that knows what he is doing. Personally I would start there if League 1 survival is the aim.
Another very important reason would be that we have been led to believe we are strapped for cash. Which prompts the question, are the Americans dictating expenditure now?
Nothing wrong with my breathing, except when teams are pumping balls into our area so don,t patronise me

The first line was not meant to be patronising, it was supposed to be a light hearted response to 'aaaarrrrggghh'.

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 12:55 - Feb 26 with 3132 viewsBillyRudd

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 12:12 - Feb 26 by James1980

The first line was not meant to be patronising, it was supposed to be a light hearted response to 'aaaarrrrggghh'.

Then please accept my sincere apology.
My only defence is that sometimes being a Dale fan makes me grumpy!
A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 13:23 - Feb 26 with 3078 viewsJames1980

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 12:55 - Feb 26 by BillyRudd

Then please accept my sincere apology.
My only defence is that sometimes being a Dale fan makes me grumpy!

Accepted and I totally get that fingers crossed Saturday's game puts a smile on all our faces.

On the stats about crosses and conceding from headers; I really do think we suffer from having a lack of height in the squad.

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 16:03 - Feb 26 with 2883 views49thseason

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 13:23 - Feb 26 by James1980

Accepted and I totally get that fingers crossed Saturday's game puts a smile on all our faces.

On the stats about crosses and conceding from headers; I really do think we suffer from having a lack of height in the squad.

Lack of height, pace and vision. Lets face it the whole squad with the notable exception of Baah and to a lesser degree Humphrys is pedestrian. And I dont think we should be putting to much faith in a return of Ryan he has been as guilty as anyone for playing facing his own keeper and getting caught in possesion. The whole midfield and forward line is guilty of playing too deeply, and too often receiving the ball with their backs to the opposition goal rather than on the half-turn. Its what happens when confidence is low and it prevents early forward passes. Forwards who can't rely on an early pass then stop making runs and start hunting for the ball deeper in their own half. I'm not a huge fan of Beezley but he does keep running and disrupting defenders and we are missing his energy.
A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 07:56 - Feb 27 with 2561 viewsnordenblue

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 13:23 - Feb 26 by James1980

We've gone some way to sorting the lack of height and a left back...... by our recent 5'6" signing
A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 13:22 - Feb 27 with 2388 viewsD_Dale

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 09:30 - Feb 26 by Dalenet

Interesting stuff, yes, and I'm probably missing the point with the following comment.

But other influences on a team's performance seem not to lend themselves to statistical analyses. Burton, with 12 points from their last 7 matches, look likely to retain league 1 status. Their improvement in form follows the appointment of Hassebaink, a factor not obviously subject to 'scientific' examination. Whatever he has brought to the job, I hope, starting this afternoon, it deserts him!

With regard to Dale's struggles, BBM's managership remains puzzling. When appointed in March 2019, following the departure of Keith Hill, Dale had 11 more games to play and won 20 points. Two years on, with vastly more experience and a team that he's mostly signed, relegation threatens.

Anyone got a computer program to explain that?
A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 13:28 - Feb 27 with 2373 views442Dale

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 13:22 - Feb 27 by D_Dale

Interesting stuff, yes, and I'm probably missing the point with the following comment.

But other influences on a team's performance seem not to lend themselves to statistical analyses. Burton, with 12 points from their last 7 matches, look likely to retain league 1 status. Their improvement in form follows the appointment of Hassebaink, a factor not obviously subject to 'scientific' examination. Whatever he has brought to the job, I hope, starting this afternoon, it deserts him!

With regard to Dale's struggles, BBM's managership remains puzzling. When appointed in March 2019, following the departure of Keith Hill, Dale had 11 more games to play and won 20 points. Two years on, with vastly more experience and a team that he's mostly signed, relegation threatens.

Anyone got a computer program to explain that?

That an opposition supporter can put together that sort of analysis that identifies the same problems many of our own fans have seen for months, illustrates that perhaps those involved in the game think they’re cleverer than they actually are.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 14:04 - Feb 27 with 2328 viewsBucketBstard

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 13:28 - Feb 27 by 442Dale

That an opposition supporter can put together that sort of analysis that identifies the same problems many of our own fans have seen for months, illustrates that perhaps those involved in the game think they’re cleverer than they actually are.

Dont let Keith Jun Hill hear you say that, have you played the game , have you got your coaching badges LOL
A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 14:22 - Feb 27 with 2287 viewsJames1980

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 14:04 - Feb 27 by BucketBstard

Dont let Keith Jun Hill hear you say that, have you played the game , have you got your coaching badges LOL

Ah yes that terrible manager who is currently in charge of a team that are 4 points off the top of league 2 with 2 games in hand.

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 14:39 - Feb 27 with 2242 viewsforeverhopefulDale

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 14:22 - Feb 27 by James1980

Ah yes that terrible manager who is currently in charge of a team that are 4 points off the top of league 2 with 2 games in hand.

He was certainly terrible in the last period of his time here.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 16:02 - Feb 27 with 2173 viewsnordenblue

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 14:22 - Feb 27 by James1980

Yes its pretty difficult when you inherit a team well capable of challenging at the top end of league 2
A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 16:23 - Feb 27 with 2142 viewsJames1980

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 16:02 - Feb 27 by nordenblue

Yes its pretty difficult when you inherit a team well capable of challenging at the top end of league 2

Apparently we shouldn't be in a relegation battle with the players we've got and it's all the manager fault we are. So Tranmere's good run is inspite of their gaffer. Our poor run is all because of our manager.

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 16:30 - Feb 27 with 2132 viewsnordenblue

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 16:23 - Feb 27 by James1980

Apparently we shouldn't be in a relegation battle with the players we've got and it's all the manager fault we are. So Tranmere's good run is inspite of their gaffer. Our poor run is all because of our manager.

Do you think BBM is getting the best out the players at his disposal, its a yes or no question James?

If you think our current position is totally unrelated to BBM and his inability to see or more importantly change the bleeding obvious, you're deluded James.

Regarding Hilly I'm not that interested in him to dismantle his shortfalls,it was discussed for months on end on here.
A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 17:24 - Feb 27 with 2102 viewsJames1980

A brewers fan analysis of RAFC ahead of Saturday on 16:30 - Feb 27 by nordenblue

Do you think BBM is getting the best out the players at his disposal, its a yes or no question James?

If you think our current position is totally unrelated to BBM and his inability to see or more importantly change the bleeding obvious, you're deluded James.

Regarding Hilly I'm not that interested in him to dismantle his shortfalls,it was discussed for months on end on here.

Of course he isn't.

I did not say it is totally unrelated. There is one thing we have rarely been able to field our first choice 11 with first choice subs on the teamsheet. Before you say it, wouldn't the medical staff have said those players are fit enough to manage enough games to make signing them worthwhile.

The Hexiteers got what they wanted, my initial response was to what I saw as a childish remark. So what's the oh so hilarious nickname for our current manager then.

I meant you can't put success down PURELY to the team. And failure down PURELY to the manager. Do they not involve a combination of many factors?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024