Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM 23:57 - Feb 27 with 3214 viewsmattydinho

BBM

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: BBM

BBM on 10:44 - Feb 28 with 2833 viewsSuddenLad

The Board of Directors has already nailed its' colours to the mast and said that the future is with BBM and that there is a project on-going, in conjunction with the 2 new directors to take the club forward in the way that Brentford have progressed.

Maybe the upcoming Fans Forum will reveal more details about the plan forward and the bigger plans.

The biggest problem BBM faces is a ridiculously small squad, (it was from the outset) with a host of long term injuries in key positions and a complete lack of adequate replacements. Quite simply, he (nor anyone else) could do an adequate job with the tools at his disposal.

Beesley, Lund, Ryan, Rathbone, will all be missing on Tuesday.

No magic wand available sadly.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBM on 11:19 - Feb 28 with 2745 views442Dale

BBM on 10:44 - Feb 28 by SuddenLad

The Board of Directors has already nailed its' colours to the mast and said that the future is with BBM and that there is a project on-going, in conjunction with the 2 new directors to take the club forward in the way that Brentford have progressed.

Maybe the upcoming Fans Forum will reveal more details about the plan forward and the bigger plans.

The biggest problem BBM faces is a ridiculously small squad, (it was from the outset) with a host of long term injuries in key positions and a complete lack of adequate replacements. Quite simply, he (nor anyone else) could do an adequate job with the tools at his disposal.

Why are we being compared to Brentford in any way whatsoever? Plenty of clubs across different sports use analytical systems now, Brentford are a Championship side with resources that are completely different to ours. They’ve almost always played at a higher level with bigger crowds in a location which would naturally be attractive to players from other countries - something they’ve made particular use of.

Why don’t we just say we’re going to be like City or Barcelona while we are at it? Unless it’s being done alongside a club of a similar size comparisons are totally pointless.

This is no reflection on your post SL, but the talk of being something other than Rochdale is particularly annoying. Just look to improve what we have with whatever we have available, something that also applies out on the pitch, injuries or not.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM on 11:22 - Feb 28 with 2739 viewsfunkkk

BBM on 10:44 - Feb 28 by SuddenLad

So, in simple terms, you believe BBM is getting the best out of the squad?
BBM on 11:45 - Feb 28 with 2693 viewsJames1980

BBM on 11:22 - Feb 28 by funkkk

So, in simple terms, you believe BBM is getting the best out of the squad?

'The squad' in its entirety has hardly been available to him though.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM on 12:06 - Feb 28 with 2636 viewsTVOS1907

BBM on 11:45 - Feb 28 by James1980

Has every other squad in the division been available in its entirety to their managers?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBM on 12:15 - Feb 28 with 2607 viewsfunkkk

BBM on 11:45 - Feb 28 by James1980

Sorry James. Feel free to change the question to is BBM getting the best out of the resources available to him. The answer remains the same IMO.
BBM on 13:17 - Feb 28 with 2490 viewsJames1980

BBM on 12:06 - Feb 28 by TVOS1907

Has every other squad in the division been available in its entirety to their managers?

We all know the answer to that question is no. How many squads have the lack of strength in depth that ours has though? How many have not been able to field their first choice team for most of the season?

BBM on 13:22 - Feb 28 with 2481 viewsboromat

On the topic of resources at his disposal I would have liked to have seen more faith in some of our younger pros rather than play people out of position. Tavares should have had more game time when Humphrys was out so not surprised he wanted to move on. Dunne as well in the left back position could have been given his opportunity this season.

Then you have Hopper, Bradley, Mulvey as well.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

BBM on 13:33 - Feb 28 with 2445 viewsTVOS1907

BBM on 13:17 - Feb 28 by James1980

We all know the answer to that question is no. How many squads have the lack of strength in depth that ours has though? How many have not been able to field their first choice team for most of the season?

How many are making a better fist of things despite setbacks?

BBM on 13:34 - Feb 28 with 2437 viewsnordenblue

BBM on 13:17 - Feb 28 by James1980

You know the rules before you play the game,the same rules for all the teams playing the same game year on year.

Every club in the country knows there's an inevitability with losing players through injury,suspension etc etc,even more so when you sign injury prone players its a game of chance you are NEVER going to win.... someone somewhere is very culpable.
BBM on 14:06 - Feb 28 with 2372 viewssomdale

Im gutted at how the season has panned oit and have kept my support for BBM.
Looking at the upcoming fixtures, i think we are going to go down. But i dont see sacking BBM solving the probkems at this club.
We are just not in a position to compete properly atm.
We can only attract the injury prone or the young, and you need a lot of luck with both.
We have not had that luck and i find blaming BBM difficult.
Witj a season of no real money coming in we have been found wanting, i dont see a lack of effort, i dont believe nobody isnt trying.
We just are not good enough. At full strength we are, we would be more than capable, and we have to remember that.
Whatever happens, this is BBMs team and it can develop into a good one. I sometimes wonder exactly what people exoect from Rochdale AFC, we have had only a handful of goid seasons in our entire history. We are what we are, i dont see how a club like hows has the chance to go further, witbout risking everything
BBM on 14:42 - Feb 28 with 2326 viewsJames1980

BBM on 13:33 - Feb 28 by TVOS1907

How many are making a better fist of things despite setbacks?

There are setbacks and there are the setbacks our coaching staff have had to contend with though. On top of all the pandemic related issues.

BBM on 15:05 - Feb 28 with 2277 viewsNafelad

BBM on 13:22 - Feb 28 by boromat

On the topic of resources at his disposal I would have liked to have seen more faith in some of our younger pros rather than play people out of position. Tavares should have had more game time when Humphrys was out so not surprised he wanted to move on. Dunne as well in the left back position could have been given his opportunity this season.

Then you have Hopper, Bradley, Mulvey as well.

Counted the players in our first team squad, official website - currently 30.

Is that a 'small squad'?

Topcat

BBM on 15:15 - Feb 28 with 2235 views442Dale

BBM on 14:42 - Feb 28 by James1980

There are setbacks and there are the setbacks our coaching staff have had to contend with though. On top of all the pandemic related issues.

Yes, and all things considered, they haven’t contended with them well enough. Amongst the problems we can’t control there are, as BBM said about Rathbone’s sending off yesterday, we can only control our own actions.

BBM on 15:26 - Feb 28 with 2191 views442Dale

BBM on 15:05 - Feb 28 by Nafelad

Is that a 'small squad'?

We have two goalkeepers.
We have five centre halves, three of which are very experienced at this level/above.
We have three players who have played regularly at fullback - albeit an area all fans would have chosen to strengthen. It was our choice to resign McLaughlin.
We have four natural wide players plus others who can be utilised there.
We have seven midfielders who have all been used in central roles, all but two (Shaughnessy and Grant) have experience at this level.
We have three central strikers and others who can play off them. Until recently, scoring goals hasn’t been an issue despite most of the season having only one proper striker available.

None of this takes into account the younger players like Brierley, Hopper etc from a youth system we are told is producing a lot of talent. If necessary they surely would have been playing regularly too.

The injuries, especially when focused on certain positions at times like central defence for that short period and now up front, have been very unlucky. That squad though is full of enough experience and quality to get more points than we have even if it meant reshuffling and more younger players on the bench at times. Not talking about mid-table or pushing for the playoffs but it’s not unfair to expect that we’d have had 35-38 points by now.

BBM on 19:05 - Feb 28 with 1933 viewsboromat

BBM on 15:05 - Feb 28 by Nafelad

Is that a 'small squad'?

I think the squad can only be considered small if you disregard the players I've mentioned that should have had more chances.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

BBM on 20:20 - Feb 28 with 1830 viewsStupot

Whatever problems there are with injuries etc., Barry Murphy has been tactically inept when you compare him with the likes of Steve Evans, Darren Ferguson etc.
He is unable to organise a defence. He is unwilling to use width in the forward line. But above all he needed to keep Hendo at all costs. I would like Barry Murphy to be sacked.
BBM on 20:26 - Feb 28 with 1806 viewsTVOS1907

BBM on 20:20 - Feb 28 by Stupot

Whatever problems there are with injuries etc., Barry Murphy has been tactically inept when you compare him with the likes of Steve Evans, Darren Ferguson etc.
He is unable to organise a defence. He is unwilling to use width in the forward line. But above all he needed to keep Hendo at all costs. I would like Barry Murphy to be sacked.

For the umpteenth time, Henderson was never realistically going to stay, especially when Salford came sniffing.

The issues have been at the other end of the field, until recent weeks.

BBM on 20:31 - Feb 28 with 1774 viewsjudd

BBM on 20:26 - Feb 28 by TVOS1907

For the umpteenth time, Henderson was never realistically going to stay, especially when Salford came sniffing.

The issues have been at the other end of the field, until recent weeks.

That wasn;t the thinking of the manager at the last fans forum

Poll: What is it to be then?

BBM on 20:43 - Feb 28 with 1737 viewsTVOS1907

BBM on 20:31 - Feb 28 by judd

Maybe, but his words didn't convince me at the time and I wouldn't have expected him to say much else in such a public forum (unless it was Sky Sports News).

BBM on 20:47 - Feb 28 with 1721 viewsblackdogblue

BBM on 15:26 - Feb 28 by 442Dale

We have two goalkeepers.
We have five centre halves, three of which are very experienced at this level/above.
We have three players who have played regularly at fullback - albeit an area all fans would have chosen to strengthen. It was our choice to resign McLaughlin.
We have four natural wide players plus others who can be utilised there.
We have seven midfielders who have all been used in central roles, all but two (Shaughnessy and Grant) have experience at this level.
We have three central strikers and others who can play off them. Until recently, scoring goals hasn’t been an issue despite most of the season having only one proper striker available.

None of this takes into account the younger players like Brierley, Hopper etc from a youth system we are told is producing a lot of talent. If necessary they surely would have been playing regularly too.

The injuries, especially when focused on certain positions at times like central defence for that short period and now up front, have been very unlucky. That squad though is full of enough experience and quality to get more points than we have even if it meant reshuffling and more younger players on the bench at times. Not talking about mid-table or pushing for the playoffs but it’s not unfair to expect that we’d have had 35-38 points by now.

Ok, why are we not winning fook all then?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

BBM on 20:54 - Feb 28 with 1702 viewsSuddenLad

BBM on 20:20 - Feb 28 by Stupot

It was never BBM's choice or decision whether Hendo stayed or went. BBM had no more influence over that decision, than anyone who posts on here.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBM on 21:27 - Feb 28 with 1641 viewspioneer

BBM on 20:31 - Feb 28 by judd

But we now know what BBM comers out with is often pure fantasy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024