Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Ryan 19:35 - Feb 28 with 2230 viewsSheffield_dale

I'm surprising myself writing this but never knew how important Jimmy Ryan was to this team.

I've noticed the complete lack of intensity in midfield for a number of weeks and had a look at some highlights from earlier in the season...with Ryan in the team we are so much better.

I feel we need 2 "ratters" in the middle (Rathbone/Ryan ideally) and we are playing with too many so called "cultured" midfielders. We lose intensity/tempo in defence and attack and generally look unfit. It's why we keep going backwards in my opinion.

In previous games Ryan has demanded the ball in tight spaces and continued momentum...nobody has replicated that.

I noticed Burton's CM Clare was all over the pitch on Sat and never looked rushed.

I'm a fan of Morley but he needs a rest for me and feel he plays his best football on excellent pitches, a luxury we don't have. Shaunessy looks way off the pace so far.

In the absence of Ryan (and now Rathbone X3 games) who could fill that essential "ratter" role?

Keohane? Brierley? O'Connell? Roberts?

Fairly sure BBM is here to stay for the foreseeable so just trying to throw some immediate solutions out there 🙂
Jimmy Ryan on 20:02 - Feb 28 with 2155 viewsblackdogblue

When I have seen him play, more good games than bad if I’m honest & a digger in & reads the game well, problem is like so many.. so injury prone & off the radar

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Jimmy Ryan on 20:59 - Feb 28 with 2043 viewsBrierls

Jimmy Ryan is a quality player, even if we don’t use him as I expected. He’s always had quality on the ball, but I don’t think he’s ever played as deep as he does at Dale under BBM. There may be a good reason for that, such as his knee restricting him somewhat, but to me he is wasted playing in a defensive midfield role.

He came in for criticism when playing too deep but he’s clearly playing to instruction, as Morley is now. The difference being Ryan still provided something to the team from there.
Jimmy Ryan on 07:54 - Mar 1 with 1773 viewstodmordendale

Do we know when he may become available for selection.
Jimmy Ryan on 08:26 - Mar 1 with 1722 viewsFrog

Jimmy Ryan on 07:54 - Mar 1 by todmordendale

Do we know when he may become available for selection.

Walsall away.
Jimmy Ryan on 08:55 - Mar 1 with 1683 viewstodmordendale

Was unaware that next season’s fixtures had been published.
Jimmy Ryan on 10:03 - Mar 1 with 1613 viewsSuddenLad

I wasn't even aware that Walsall were a good bet for promotion.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024