Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale 17:41 - Mar 1 with 37530 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Preview: Hull City v Rochdale 1st Mar 2021 17:14
Dale take on Hull City this week after an awful set of results that have piled the pressure on manager Brian Barry-Murphy as Dale head closer and closer to the drop zone. 0

Refwatch: Hull City v Rochdale 1st Mar 2021 19:00
Referee James Bell will be the man in the middle for Dale’s game at Hull on Tuesday night. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:30 - Mar 2 with 2383 viewskel

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:16 - Mar 2 by martindalefc1

Honestly......... is anyone actually surprised with where the club is going and the position we find ourselves in????? Just take a look at that board room for gods sake!!! Not one of them has the first idea about football!!!!! Blind leading the blind on and off the pitch at the moment!!!!!

I’ve followed The Dale for 30 years and this is about as bad as I’ve seen it.......... and that’s saying something!!!!!!!

And at no point in those years have we been FC. Have another go.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:32 - Mar 2 with 2337 views442Dale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale (n/t) on 21:26 - Mar 2 by martindalefc1

Our run of form is embarrassing!!!!! Changes need to be made!!!! This is getting to the point where it’s almost as bad I’ve seen in nearly 35 years!!!!
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 21:32]

Not worse than under Halom at the end, or most of 87/88. Or 94/95 late on. Or 98/99. Or 03/04 under Buckley. Or Parkin (Second time) at the end. Or 11/12 or the last part of Hill’s reign.

Might be equally as bad as some of those at times, but this is not the worst. Because there’s potential to be better.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:34 - Mar 2 with 2295 viewsmartindalefc1

Back then it was almost accepted though because of how bad of a squad/team we had...... I genuinely believe the current squad of players aren’t that bad........ maybe I’m just frustrated and overreacting but it’s beyond bad!!!
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:36 - Mar 2 with 2256 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:10 - Mar 2 by 442Dale

It’s simply not dealing with the situation well for a prolonged period of time. Doesn’t need to be looked at in greater detail as there’s enough evidence on here which is encapsulated by his choices tonight.

Addressing your points: off the field has no bearing on tactical decisions and utilising the squad which has enough in it to be around ten points better off, therefore is indeed capable of avoiding relegation.

The third point about it not being a disaster: the board have already identified the financial difference between L1 and L2, but let’s not bring it into it for now as the failings are continuous with no signs of improvement irrespective of what division we are in.

Criticism has been levelled at him for sticking with certain formations. Does he think changing them will cause additional disruption in the players minds. Are things working in training but not on the pitch. I guess we won't be told why he waits till it is too late to bring on subs because he would have to give away whatever bizarre tactical reason there is for doing so.

Often when clubs have issues of the field it does transfer to the on field performances though doesn't it?

Would a promotion campaign be something for the manager and squad to get excited about though and lead to improvements next season?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:37 - Mar 2 with 2232 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:34 - Mar 2 by martindalefc1

Back then it was almost accepted though because of how bad of a squad/team we had...... I genuinely believe the current squad of players aren’t that bad........ maybe I’m just frustrated and overreacting but it’s beyond bad!!!

Back when? Which of 442's seasons do you mean?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:37 - Mar 2 with 2223 viewsmartindalefc1

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:30 - Mar 2 by kel

And at no point in those years have we been FC. Have another go.

I rarely post on here........My son set my account up for me and has no idea about football........ I apologise on his behalf....... Please Don’t get upset by it........
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:43 - Mar 2 with 2118 viewskel

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:37 - Mar 2 by martindalefc1

I rarely post on here........My son set my account up for me and has no idea about football........ I apologise on his behalf....... Please Don’t get upset by it........

Far from upset, I just know you’re a WUM. Call it experience.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:46 - Mar 2 with 2053 viewsCedar_Room

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:32 - Mar 2 by 442Dale

Not worse than under Halom at the end, or most of 87/88. Or 94/95 late on. Or 98/99. Or 03/04 under Buckley. Or Parkin (Second time) at the end. Or 11/12 or the last part of Hill’s reign.

Might be equally as bad as some of those at times, but this is not the worst. Because there’s potential to be better.

In the 98/99 season by this same point after 32 games we’d won 11.
Barrows overall win % was 32.3.
BBMs is 30.5. And he’s won 6 games in 32.
The reason I point this out is because the stats tell you this is in fact historically bad. It’s worse than points we would normally look back on as the worst times ever seen as a Dale fan.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:50 - Mar 2 with 2010 views442Dale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:36 - Mar 2 by James1980

Criticism has been levelled at him for sticking with certain formations. Does he think changing them will cause additional disruption in the players minds. Are things working in training but not on the pitch. I guess we won't be told why he waits till it is too late to bring on subs because he would have to give away whatever bizarre tactical reason there is for doing so.

Often when clubs have issues of the field it does transfer to the on field performances though doesn't it?

Would a promotion campaign be something for the manager and squad to get excited about though and lead to improvements next season?

All reasonable points. Unfortunately there’s a bigger picture than the specifics and the evidence is that things aren’t changing in a positive direction.

Whatever happens, it’s should be for the good of the football club. Thinking about next season would not be a good thing for anyone at the club now, they deal with what they have now. Same as a manager would within a game or with the squad at their disposal.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:53 - Mar 2 with 1966 views442Dale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:46 - Mar 2 by Cedar_Room

The reason I point this out is because the stats tell you this is in fact historically bad. It’s worse than points we would normally look back on as the worst times ever seen as a Dale fan.

That’s very true from that angle. But even when they were winning, watching Farrell, Leonard, Bryson, Pender, Bailey et al was enough to make three points quite depressing too.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:59 - Mar 2 with 1882 views442Dale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:59 - Mar 2 with 1873 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:46 - Mar 2 by Cedar_Room

Not quite

73/74 was still worse. We only won two games all season, there were nightly electricity blackouts (due to an oil crisis) which meant we had to play some midweek games in the afternoon (hence the '500' gate - but it was actually lower than that); we'd just lost 3-5 to a non-league team in the FA Cup after being 3-1 up at half time: i could go on, but it's all been documented before

You may have intended to be relating to your own experiences, but "It’s worse than points we would normally look back on as the worst times ever seen as a Dale fan." suggests you think otherwise

As someone else pointed out the other day, one load of shit smells pretty much the same as another

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:00 - Mar 2 with 1850 viewsSpeedy

When the game began I was a little optimistic, I thought O'Connell playing in front of the back four could be a masterstroke, but the one thing that made me so despondent was seeing Humphry's completely isolated up top, and then conceding, and seeing absolutely no change in our impotent play. It's just so soul destroying
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:01 - Mar 2 with 1839 viewsSandyman

"the appetite and application for the game from the lads was brilliant, and we know going forward if we can repeat that over and over again we'll finish the season very well". Surreal, madness.

[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 22:03]
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:03 - Mar 2 with 1801 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:01 - Mar 2 by Sandyman

"the appetite and application for the game from the lads was brilliant, and we know going forward if we can repeat that over and over again we'll finish the season very well". Surreal, madness.

[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 22:03]

It’s like an episode of Father Ted

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:04 - Mar 2 with 1772 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:59 - Mar 2 by 442Dale

Shameless.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:06 - Mar 2 with 1724 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:03 - Mar 2 by judd

It’s like an episode of Father Ted

Father Ted was funny and enjoyable.

Stuff like this interview is just verbal nonsense and an insult to the intelligence of people who paid to watch Rochdale tonight.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:08 - Mar 2 with 1688 views442Dale

On his points about forward players missing. Since we won 5-0 at Wigan three months ago, a game Beesley didn’t play, he’s been available for four games: which saw no wins.
Lund has been for eleven games since then: one win. He was then employed further forward in a role where his impact was noticeably affected.

If you’re going to give supporters some information, give it all.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:08 - Mar 2 with 1680 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:06 - Mar 2 by Sandyman

Father Ted was funny and enjoyable.

Stuff like this interview is just verbal nonsense and an insult to the intelligence of people who paid to watch Rochdale tonight.

Ok, so. Tea? Gwan, gwan, gwan

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:09 - Mar 2 with 1674 viewsCedar_Room

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 21:53 - Mar 2 by 442Dale

That’s very true from that angle. But even when they were winning, watching Farrell, Leonard, Bryson, Pender, Bailey et al was enough to make three points quite depressing too.

oh there’s no doubt Barrowball was absolute garbage but I’d take a thoroughly depressing 3 points at present. At the moment I question if we even will see 3 points depressing or otherwise before the season ends.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:09 - Mar 2 with 1656 viewskel

The comment about commitment is baffling. There was one incident that wound me right up tonight on the far side of the pitch. Newby had a chance of a challenge with Eaves but just backed off and let him have the ball to do what he wanted. On his day he’s a good player but get physical with him early on and he’s practically a bystander for the rest of the game.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:10 - Mar 2 with 1647 views49thseason

When did you watch Bryson? My recollection was he hardly ever played, well not often enough to form an opinion, Rather like Richard Green.
What I do recall more clearly is that football used to be grown men getting stuck in and only passing to the keeper as a last resort. I am sick of it now, referees who have obviously never played football in their lives at any level, rules changing for no apparent reason other than to cause sendings off and penalties thus favouring bigger squads and wealthier clubs.
No one wants to watch sterile passing for 90 minutes, people pay to see goals , action, lung busting sprints down the wings. we all love to win, but there are ways of losing that are OK too. Not like this tripe, with no attacking intent, no width until the 75th minute, no pace , everyone afraid to do something unusual, don't lose the ball, pass it backwards. No crosses, no tackles, no one capable of taking a man on until they unleash the sheep .... Baah ... Humbug!
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:14 - Mar 2 with 1579 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:10 - Mar 2 by 49thseason

When did you watch Bryson? My recollection was he hardly ever played, well not often enough to form an opinion, Rather like Richard Green.
What I do recall more clearly is that football used to be grown men getting stuck in and only passing to the keeper as a last resort. I am sick of it now, referees who have obviously never played football in their lives at any level, rules changing for no apparent reason other than to cause sendings off and penalties thus favouring bigger squads and wealthier clubs.
No one wants to watch sterile passing for 90 minutes, people pay to see goals , action, lung busting sprints down the wings. we all love to win, but there are ways of losing that are OK too. Not like this tripe, with no attacking intent, no width until the 75th minute, no pace , everyone afraid to do something unusual, don't lose the ball, pass it backwards. No crosses, no tackles, no one capable of taking a man on until they unleash the sheep .... Baah ... Humbug!

That’s good form that.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:15 - Mar 2 with 1570 viewsDMR90

It’s worth watching his post match interviews on iFollow rather than YouTube as they’re longer and you often get journalists asking questions in addition to those from club staff. Saturdays interview was interesting with a BBC RM journalist calling the situation’a mess’ which BBM didn’t agree with
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 22:15 - Mar 2 with 1569 viewsDaleFan7

We were also in a lower division
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024