Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shaughnessy red card overturned. 11:19 - Mar 5 with 2063 viewsSuddenLad

He's now available for tomorrow.

Good news at last.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 11:20]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 12:03 - Mar 5 with 1926 viewsFrites

Hurrah - we deserve a bit of luck - a big challenge tomorrow but you never know .....
Up the Dale!
Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 12:11 - Mar 5 with 1902 viewsSaxonDale

Amazed by that- good news though.
Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 12:16 - Mar 5 with 1889 viewsNigeriamark

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 12:03 - Mar 5 by Frites

Hurrah - we deserve a bit of luck - a big challenge tomorrow but you never know .....
Up the Dale!

Not even a yellow so obvious decision. If borderline they usually stick with the original decision
Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 13:17 - Mar 5 with 1744 viewstony_roch975

just proves how sometimes when results aren't going your way you don't get the run of the ball. Whatever managerial changes folk on here want or dismiss the person for holding the view that red card wasn't clear, sometimes the loudest voices aren't right

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 13:19 - Mar 5 with 1739 viewsgolfaduffy

Glad it has been overturned. Wasn't able to watch it live but have seen it since, and it could have gone either way. People calling it a blatant red card were over-reacting to the general feeling of helplessness surrounding the club both on and off the pitch. Not expecting it to make a huge difference tomorrow, as he's been very weak so far, but perhaps this lifeline might act as a kick up the arse and motivate him.
Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 13:23 - Mar 5 with 1716 views442Dale

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 13:17 - Mar 5 by tony_roch975

just proves how sometimes when results aren't going your way you don't get the run of the ball. Whatever managerial changes folk on here want or dismiss the person for holding the view that red card wasn't clear, sometimes the loudest voices aren't right

No but considered opinion based on evidence is always valid. Plenty disagree when red cards aren’t overturned, some will do the same when they are. No comparison with the managerial situation as it’s using different types of evidence and an independent panel won’t decide.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 13:40 - Mar 5 with 1652 viewsTVOS1907

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 13:17 - Mar 5 by tony_roch975

Very true, but I think that particular sending-off and results surrounding it are mutually exclusive.

I also doubt whether we would have got anything out of the game, even with 11 men on the field, although that's up for debate.

We've also had two other players sent-off since the turn of the year in incidents that they were clearly responsible for.

It's also worth pointing out we had nine players sent off in the 2013/14 promotion season and another nine in 2016/17, when we were in contention for the play-offs to the very last week of the campaign.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 15:25 - Mar 5 with 1458 viewsBillyRudd

Genuinely believe that your view on the original decision is an age thing.
If like me your footballing formative years where the sixties and seventies then also like me you might think "good full blooded tackle, whats the fuss". I certainly did at the time.
Sadly though, that is applying the rules of that time to the almost non physical game that it has now become. In that context I am more than a little surprised it has been overturned.
Regardless of whether you yearn for the days of Best, Marsh, Worthington, Bowles and all the other individualistic greats of that time or the choreographed, stop start games of today I do ponder sometimes, just how great would those players have been if they had been given the protection that players get today. They were true giants of their time.
Apologies, I think I wandered off topic a little there.
Login to get fewer ads

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 15:30 - Mar 5 with 1434 viewsdingdangblue

Harsh sending off. Rightfully rescinded.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 15:40 - Mar 5 with 1399 viewsboromat

Really surprised by this we never win appeals and this decision had this board quite split on the decision so to win the appeal is quite something!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 16:30 - Mar 5 with 1300 viewsTVOS1907

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 15:40 - Mar 5 by boromat

Really surprised by this we never win appeals and this decision had this board quite split on the decision so to win the appeal is quite something!

Actually, we've won a few appeals, as well as losing a few (mainly daft ones when Hill was manager).

We're probably no different to every other club in that regard

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 18:52 - Mar 5 with 1084 viewsboromat

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 16:30 - Mar 5 by TVOS1907

Actually, we've won a few appeals, as well as losing a few (mainly daft ones when Hill was manager).

We're probably no different to every other club in that regard

Didn't mean to suggest we were any different to any other club it just feels like the likely outcome of an appeal to the EFL is for them to side with the ref. And in this case with so many people arguing it was and it wasn't on here it's quite incredible that the EFL have come to the conclusion that it was a clear and obvious mistake by the referee. A small bit of good fortune when we need a miracle however

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 19:34 - Mar 5 with 988 viewsoff2div1

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 18:52 - Mar 5 by boromat

Didn't mean to suggest we were any different to any other club it just feels like the likely outcome of an appeal to the EFL is for them to side with the ref. And in this case with so many people arguing it was and it wasn't on here it's quite incredible that the EFL have come to the conclusion that it was a clear and obvious mistake by the referee. A small bit of good fortune when we need a miracle however

Could have done better in the game with 11.
Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 19:52 - Mar 5 with 955 viewsboromat

Shaughnessy red card overturned. on 19:34 - Mar 5 by off2div1

Could have done better in the game with 11.

I doubt it unfortunately.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024