Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder what plan the board has in mind 16:55 - Mar 6 with 8799 viewsHopwoodblue

For replacing the possibility of half a million quid in gate receipts / beer, food sales next season ?
When you look at the possible candidates for relegation from the Championship and Bolton’s current form, plus the clubs with decent away followings that are currently in Div one (they can’t all be promoted) it could be even more.
Or will they bemoan how we’ve no money due to being relegated ?
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 23:23]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 16:58 - Mar 6 with 6136 viewsfunkkk

The pleading of poverty is all part of the philosophy.
I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 17:00 - Mar 6 with 6125 viewsHopwoodblue

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 16:58 - Mar 6 by funkkk

The pleading of poverty is all part of the philosophy.

Sadly true

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 17:43 - Mar 6 with 5858 viewsinthenet

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 17:00 - Mar 6 by Hopwoodblue

Sadly true

Just cancelling all my subscription to the club , they are not getting another penny out of me until they address this situation

Rastrickblue

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 17:52 - Mar 6 with 5793 viewsmightydale

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 17:43 - Mar 6 by inthenet

Just cancelling all my subscription to the club , they are not getting another penny out of me until they address this situation

Sadly it will need more people like you to do the same for the club to take notice.

I've said for a few weeks now that the club isn't getting another penny from me

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 17:53 - Mar 6 with 5780 viewsDalenet

Relegation means we lose over £1m in shared TV and League payments. Then we lose gate receipts. And selling sponsorship is harder. Relegation will cost us £2m and the Board will cut the playing budget. They are about to advertise for a cost accountant whose job is to cut costs for next season.

It is so frustrating because this didn't need to happen
I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 17:54 - Mar 6 with 5776 viewsD_Alien

It'd be interesting to find out the numbers watching on iFollow now compared to say, October

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 18:48 - Mar 6 with 5580 viewsgolfaduffy

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 17:53 - Mar 6 by Dalenet

Relegation means we lose over £1m in shared TV and League payments. Then we lose gate receipts. And selling sponsorship is harder. Relegation will cost us £2m and the Board will cut the playing budget. They are about to advertise for a cost accountant whose job is to cut costs for next season.

It was estimated at £1m in total made up of lower TV money and income from away fans....but that was provided that our home support held up.

Based on this season, the performances on and especially off the pitch, I really can't see them selling even 1000 tickets next term, which will mean less income again, less corporate income, sponsorship and advertising revenue.

Still...Bottomley knows best. At least in his own mind.
I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 18:54 - Mar 6 with 5539 viewsmidlandsdale

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 18:48 - Mar 6 by golfaduffy

It was estimated at £1m in total made up of lower TV money and income from away fans....but that was provided that our home support held up.

Based on this season, the performances on and especially off the pitch, I really can't see them selling even 1000 tickets next term, which will mean less income again, less corporate income, sponsorship and advertising revenue.

Still...Bottomley knows best. At least in his own mind.

Bottom by name.....
Login to get fewer ads

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:03 - Mar 6 with 5491 viewsjudd

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 17:53 - Mar 6 by Dalenet

Tell me you are joking about recruiting an accountant

Poll: What is it to be then?

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:05 - Mar 6 with 5484 viewsJames1980

As you know I am not an advocate for sacking managers. Those that are hoping for a change of personnel in the coaching staff. You might get some the response you desire by contacting the sponsors and getting them to put pressure on the board. I don't know if this has ever been done before at any other clubs and if so if it has worked.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:06 - Mar 6 with 5472 viewsIOMDale

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:03 - Mar 6 by judd

Tell me you are joking about recruiting an accountant

If this is true, nobody should renew their season ticket as a point of principle.

UTDNFS

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:11 - Mar 6 with 5429 viewsjudd

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:06 - Mar 6 by IOMDale

If this is true, nobody should renew their season ticket as a point of principle.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/april/nickgrindrodjoinsboard/

Please don't tell me there are more departures. Tony Pockney was THE star at the last forum and Nick is highly regarded by fans I know who know him.

Poll: What is it to be then?

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:14 - Mar 6 with 5405 viewsfunkkk

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:05 - Mar 6 by James1980

As you know I am not an advocate for sacking managers. Those that are hoping for a change of personnel in the coaching staff. You might get some the response you desire by contacting the sponsors and getting them to put pressure on the board. I don't know if this has ever been done before at any other clubs and if so if it has worked.

People will talk with their feet if he is still here next season.
I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:21 - Mar 6 with 5342 views442Dale

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:14 - Mar 6 by funkkk

People will talk with their feet if he is still here next season.

It will also affect sponsors too. Everything these days is about the ‘brand’. The knock-on effects of everything that’s happening at Spotland will undoubtedly be noticed elsewhere.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:23 - Mar 6 with 5329 viewsblackdogblue

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:06 - Mar 6 by IOMDale

I agree & certainly on the catering point above.... 😰

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:49 - Mar 6 with 5216 viewsncfc_chalky

Because of that result im twenty notes down tonight

BBM out!

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:56 - Mar 6 with 5174 viewsD_Alien

Will anything get resolved whilst we have an interim Chairman? How likely is it that someone not in substantive post will make major decisions which would affect his successor? (AK may have thoughts about being that person but it can't be guaranteed.)

There's a vacuum at the top. (Yeah, yeah, we could do with an effective sweeper in front of the back four!)

[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 19:58]

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 08:27 - Mar 7 with 4824 viewsinthenet

Really looking at the table how can you possibly defend the management of the team and the running of the club .....we are the fans of this club and we want answers ???

Rastrickblue

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 10:49 - Mar 7 with 4595 viewsNigeriamark

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:56 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

Will anything get resolved whilst we have an interim Chairman? How likely is it that someone not in substantive post will make major decisions which would affect his successor? (AK may have thoughts about being that person but it can't be guaranteed.)

There's a vacuum at the top. (Yeah, yeah, we could do with an effective sweeper in front of the back four!)

[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 19:58]

The only big decision to be made this season is if to sack BBM or not, and if yes then when. Most other decisions of importance including where the club want to finish financially will have been made at the start of the season. Imperative that there is a permanent chairman in place for whenever those plans start to be made for next season( I assume as soon as we know which division we will be in).

Until then I don't see why AK can't be involved or drive that 1 big decision. For all we know he may have even had an internal meeting to discuss BBM & agreed for him to stay ( or maybe not)
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 10:58]
I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 10:58 - Mar 7 with 4565 viewsblackdogblue

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 19:49 - Mar 6 by ncfc_chalky

Because of that result im twenty notes down tonight

BBM out!

Don’t tell me you backed us to win?

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 11:17 - Mar 7 with 4531 viewsD_Alien

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 10:49 - Mar 7 by Nigeriamark

The only big decision to be made this season is if to sack BBM or not, and if yes then when. Most other decisions of importance including where the club want to finish financially will have been made at the start of the season. Imperative that there is a permanent chairman in place for whenever those plans start to be made for next season( I assume as soon as we know which division we will be in).

Until then I don't see why AK can't be involved or drive that 1 big decision. For all we know he may have even had an internal meeting to discuss BBM & agreed for him to stay ( or maybe not)
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 10:58]

Oh...

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 11:25 - Mar 7 with 4502 viewssomdale

So on a thread about the club losing money and the implications long term, your answer is to not give tha club any more money?
At what point do we have to be before you will start giving again, because if we all give up on the club, we are only going to go one way, surely.
I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 11:28 - Mar 7 with 4489 viewsncfc_chalky

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 10:58 - Mar 7 by blackdogblue

Don’t tell me you backed us to win?

Hey I had faith in Dale to get a draw and turn their fortunes around which is more than most on here did,you see it all the time when one of the bigger clubs slip up against a smaller one in the relegation zone....

Fair enough you lot was right and I'm twenty notes down but that's not the point

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 13:51 - Mar 7 with 4306 views1907

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 11:25 - Mar 7 by somdale

So on a thread about the club losing money and the implications long term, your answer is to not give tha club any more money?
At what point do we have to be before you will start giving again, because if we all give up on the club, we are only going to go one way, surely.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

People are entitled to spend their money however they want, but to choose to add to our financial woes out of spite (aimed at the board) is something that doesn’t sit right with me.

I am very much in the BBM out camp but will still support the club to the bitter end no matter how bad it gets.

League One, League Two, BBM, Barrow, Hill... Managers and divisions are phases of time, what really matters is the club.
I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 14:18 - Mar 7 with 4243 viewsblackdogblue

I wonder what plan the board has in mind on 11:28 - Mar 7 by ncfc_chalky

Hey I had faith in Dale to get a draw and turn their fortunes around which is more than most on here did,you see it all the time when one of the bigger clubs slip up against a smaller one in the relegation zone....

Fair enough you lot was right and I'm twenty notes down but that's not the point

You should have bought a commemorative mug...

Oh wait a minute.. keep the betting slip

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024