Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If not BBM then who 18:03 - Mar 6 with 22506 viewsSheffield_dale

After watching that I've cracked open a second bottle of wine 😋

I've been supportive of BBM, knowing/understanding the players and budget he is working with.

For the record I expected us to be where we are. What I didn't expect is the lack of fight, lack of goals and lack of shape. It does seem like the end, regrettably.

Some people have suggested Cowley/Holloway/Bowyer et al. Realistically there is no chance we can afford them.

More likely it will be an internal appointment (McNulty/McShane) or a non league manager.

Would Wilbraham return to North West for a crack?

Realistically, who do you reckon could:

1. Save our season
2. Get us promoted should relegation happen
If not BBM then who on 18:16 - Mar 6 with 7526 viewsTomRAFC

McShane or Ellis as caretaker, if needs be. Placing BBM on gardening leave may be more affordable than sacking him. Both have their badges.

Holloway or Tisdale would be my choices. There is no perfect candidate and both have obvious downsides.

Holloway's recent record is poor but he is a good motivator. Could perhaps give us the grit to save the season.

Tisdale has struggled in league one this season but would be a good candidate to bring us back up.

They seem like the right kind of characters for the job given the current morale.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 18:27]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

If not BBM then who on 18:28 - Mar 6 with 7426 viewsHopwoodblue

If not BBM then who on 18:16 - Mar 6 by TomRAFC

McShane or Ellis as caretaker, if needs be. Placing BBM on gardening leave may be more affordable than sacking him. Both have their badges.

Holloway or Tisdale would be my choices. There is no perfect candidate and both have obvious downsides.

Holloway's recent record is poor but he is a good motivator. Could perhaps give us the grit to save the season.

Tisdale has struggled in league one this season but would be a good candidate to bring us back up.

They seem like the right kind of characters for the job given the current morale.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 18:27]

Like I’ve said before the most important thing for me is not to let BBM take charge of another game.
A change of attitude is what’s required and I’m sure we have people at the club ready to have a shot at saving our season. You’re not telling me nobody within the playing / coaching staff are not questioning amongst themselves what is going on ?
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 18:51]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

If not BBM then who on 18:35 - Mar 6 with 7380 viewsnordenblue

If not BBM then who on 18:28 - Mar 6 by Hopwoodblue

Like I’ve said before the most important thing for me is not to let BBM take charge of another game.
A change of attitude is what’s required and I’m sure we have people at the club ready to have a shot at saving our season. You’re not telling me nobody within the playing / coaching staff are not questioning amongst themselves what is going on ?

Thats exactly where I am
If not BBM then who on 18:39 - Mar 6 with 7354 viewsD_Alien

I'd say McShane was subtly trying to drop hints during his interview, a point which seemed to get lost when the thread was taken in a different direction. Obviously, he couldn't come right out and say it, as in "The players no longer believe in the manager" - but when he indicated a lack of motivation when playing run-of-the-mill fixtures there's only one person responsible for that

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

If not BBM then who on 18:42 - Mar 6 with 7320 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Someone suggested Jack Kitman in the match thread.....anyone with a bit of soccer nouse will do.....Club Staff or not.

Someone who can sort out basic defending/attacking and get a new mindset. Get some training done and leave World Book Day for later.
If not BBM then who on 18:50 - Mar 6 with 7272 viewsmattydinho

Ridiculous long shot but Eddie Howe might want another shot at bringing a club up

Poll: BBM

If not BBM then who on 18:54 - Mar 6 with 7230 viewsleedsdale

If not BBM then who on 18:50 - Mar 6 by mattydinho

Ridiculous long shot but Eddie Howe might want another shot at bringing a club up

Are you on drugs?
If not BBM then who on 19:19 - Mar 6 with 7114 viewselectricblue

There about a bakers dozen games remaining for this season that might be just enough to save Dales Lge1 status if the man is brought in immediately and mean immediately.

I have no issues with somebody to come in with experience to work with Ellis/McShane for 18months......

Tisdale is a decent shout......
Gary Bowyer but im sure he is a coach somewhere and that may cost money...

Lee Clarke is a possibility........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

If not BBM then who on 19:22 - Mar 6 with 7082 viewsYouTubeDale

If we were to change manager I would like to go for Derek Adams Morecambe's manager but we could not afford compensation pay for him. He's got his team playing attractive football and according to Wiki he was voted 21st Century best ever manager beating Accy 6-0 in the Champions league final !!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

If not BBM then who on 19:22 - Mar 6 with 7078 views442Dale

If not BBM then who on 19:19 - Mar 6 by electricblue

There about a bakers dozen games remaining for this season that might be just enough to save Dales Lge1 status if the man is brought in immediately and mean immediately.

I have no issues with somebody to come in with experience to work with Ellis/McShane for 18months......

If the last one was a possibility then we should all give up and find a different sport.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

If not BBM then who on 19:23 - Mar 6 with 7070 viewsmilnrowblue

I’d probably be inclined to give him a crack at promotion after relegation, much like a scaled down version of Wilder at Sheff United.

He does have some pedigree as a manager, and I feel with his style of play in League Two we could suffocate teams with fitter, younger squad.

It’s either pull the trigger now or stick with him in League Two. To be honest, I’d take relegation now if you could promise me a title chasing League Two season.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 19:25]
If not BBM then who on 19:25 - Mar 6 with 7052 viewsSheffield_dale

Interesting to see who applied for the Sporting Director role. Maybe assess who applied for that, interview for the manager role and keep the vacancy open for a few weeks to support them. I (unfortunately) cannot see BBM being there for the fans forum.
If not BBM then who on 19:27 - Mar 6 with 7034 views442Dale

If not BBM then who on 19:23 - Mar 6 by milnrowblue

I’d probably be inclined to give him a crack at promotion after relegation, much like a scaled down version of Wilder at Sheff United.

He does have some pedigree as a manager, and I feel with his style of play in League Two we could suffocate teams with fitter, younger squad.

It’s either pull the trigger now or stick with him in League Two. To be honest, I’d take relegation now if you could promise me a title chasing League Two season.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 19:25]

Looking at the sides in L2 who are doing well, they’re all solid enough sides with decent amounts of experience to ensure they get results. If that’s what it takes, we’d need a pretty radical overhaul.

When Hill came back, the first thing he recognised was that players like Rose, Cavanagh and Henderson would be crucial to any success at that level. As much as the game is moving on, that still seems to be the case in the main.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

If not BBM then who on 19:29 - Mar 6 with 7016 viewsSheffield_dale

I'll tentatively throw Jim Gannon out there 🤷‍♂️
If not BBM then who on 19:30 - Mar 6 with 6993 viewsTVOS1907

If not BBM then who on 19:19 - Mar 6 by electricblue

Another good effort

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

If not BBM then who on 19:38 - Mar 6 with 6923 viewsYouTubeDale

Perhaps we could afford Lord Charles.

If not BBM then who on 19:41 - Mar 6 with 6893 viewsfunkkk

I couldn’t care less tbh, we aren’t going to stay up without a change. Anything is worth a roll of the dice at this point.
If not BBM then who on 19:44 - Mar 6 with 6864 viewsAllDaleArentWe

Might be another long shot but could we afford Phil Parkinson until the end of the season?
If not BBM then who on 19:44 - Mar 6 with 6860 viewsYouTubeDale

If not BBM then who on 19:41 - Mar 6 by funkkk

I couldn’t care less tbh, we aren’t going to stay up without a change. Anything is worth a roll of the dice at this point.

Lord Charles it is then.

If not BBM then who on 19:47 - Mar 6 with 6814 views49thseason

The boards first consideration will be someone who can develop kids into 1st team players. We are wedded to this policy and they will not budge. We need someone to explain that you need a number of solid, experienced players and a couple of kids not vice versa. Youngsters cannot be expected to have enough game time to know what to do when things turn South. Many of these loanees and academy players have played fewer games against men than lads in the local Sunday School League.
When Burnley developed this sort of system in the 60s, they brought in 1 new player from their Junior ranks per season and for good reason. if it worked all well and good , if it didn't there were still 10 others around to help out, point and direct. Much easier to manage and much more likely to be successful.
If not BBM then who on 19:47 - Mar 6 with 6818 viewsfunkkk

If not BBM then who on 19:44 - Mar 6 by YouTubeDale

Lord Charles it is then.

Before my time I’m afraid but, sure, why not?
If not BBM then who on 19:47 - Mar 6 with 6806 viewsnordenblue

If not BBM then who on 19:29 - Mar 6 by Sheffield_dale

I'll tentatively throw Jim Gannon out there 🤷‍♂️

There's been far worse names posted on here
If not BBM then who on 19:52 - Mar 6 with 6777 viewsD_Alien

If not BBM then who on 19:47 - Mar 6 by funkkk

Before my time I’m afraid but, sure, why not?

The previous puppet at the club resigned just a couple of weeks ago, which created a vacancy...

[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 19:59]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

If not BBM then who on 20:10 - Mar 6 with 6675 viewsYouTubeDale

I always watch the EFL show tonight but I can't face it, I can't look at the League 1 table and therefore turning into a zombie. Just let it sail above your head I keep telling myself.

If not BBM then who on 20:21 - Mar 6 with 6617 viewsFrog

Holloway for me but I don't think for one minute we could afford him. It would be a caretaker from within the club again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024